GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to the surveillance video picture of Abby leaving the school that day, does anyone think that her eyes look heavily made up. It could just be the light and shade or bad video, but I have thought everytime I see that picture that her eyes look heavily made up.
Any photoshop people following that can lighten pics etc etc to see things we can't see from the released pic?

I have reviewed tons of surveillance stills provided to me from my local pd, I have seen a lot look like that, I think its a combo of the lighting and the quality of the footage.

That would lead one to the stranger abduction theory.

Would a teenage girl get into the car of a stranger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amber Dubois didn't know her killer John Gardner and Jessica Ridgeway didn't know Sigg. Both girls one going to school with all the traffic that is running at that hour with school and work and one after school with all of that traffic.

Both girls grabbed and nobody saw anything. Well nobody told if they saw anything.

Would a teenage girl GET into the car of a stranger. No I don't think she would. But if it was somebody she got to know on Social Media she might if they set something up. Then once in the car she might want out...to late!

I think it is just a low quality video camera. Blurred from movement, too. Schools aren't into high quality, heavy surveillance... not around here anyway!

She also has no nose nor mouth.... just sayin ;) (I don't think there is a way to photo shop that back to reality, but if possible, I have a suspicion we'd just see a kid walking out of school anyway....)

The experts from the SS would have the ability to enhance that picture to the best it could be, but I don't think they would publicly release it unless it would be of help to the case..... in that...still photo its clear that it is abby

With regard to the surveillance video picture of Abby leaving the school that day, does anyone think that her eyes look heavily made up. It could just be the light and shade or bad video, but I have thought everytime I see that picture that her eyes look heavily made up.
Any photoshop people following that can lighten pics etc etc to see things we can't see from the released pic?

Oooooh, I can do that! Gimme 15 :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The experts from the SS would have the ability to enhance that picture to the best it could be, but I don't think they would publicly release it unless it would be of help to the case..... in that...still photo its clear that it is abby
Yes, I'm sure they would, but that is beside the point for the general public. And if they could make it great they MAY have released it. For now it is a fuzzy school photo or somebody will sharpen it up OR it will end up looking like somebody else from so much photo shopping.

That said, maybe if she could be made to look like a movie star or daughter of a famous politician she'd get more immediate and blanketed news coverage :lol:

Cynical, but not seeing the point and grumpy.

I love how CSI takes a picture of the sparkle in someone's eye and enhances it to show a license plate on a car going by, LOL
Sadly, in reality, you can't insert data into a digital picture where it doesn't already exist but we can change what's there into something better. There are limits though.
In the case of Abby's school video cap. It wouldn't change anything in terms of identifying her since so many excellent pictures of her are readily available.

Eeep, had to stop for a bowl of cereal first! I just played with it for a bit...trying to get the details in the sweater...and is that a scrunchie on her right hand?

Attachments

• ahenhanced.jpg
    ahenhanced.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 119
Eeep, had to stop for a bowl of cereal first! I just played with it for a bit...trying to get the details in the sweater...and is that a scrunchie on her right hand?

meg~ I think that's her phone. In all of her pictures, I've never seen her with her hair up. I did notice in the pic that 1 sleeve is all the way down her hand while she had the other sleeve (the hand holding the phone?) hiked up.

The green car attempted abduction was a false report. It was in my neighborhood. Originally police came door to door and were stationed at bus stops in the neighborhood. I called in a tip of an unfamiliar car matching the description and I was told it was determined yo be a false report by a young girl who missed the bus and was afraid to go home and tell mom she missed the bus again.

That explains why when I was reading here late this afternoon, I did not see anything about it on the Union Leader online. I wondered if something like that had happened.

Good news!

Probably means nothing, but she is walking out of school in the opposite direction of everyone else.

meg~ I think that's her phone. In all of her pictures, I've never seen her with her hair up. I did notice in the pic that 1 sleeve is all the way down her hand while she had the other sleeve (the hand holding the phone?) hiked up.

I zoomed in on her right hand and stayed there awhile so my eyes might be playing tricks on me, but that does not look like a phone to me...the way her finger is behind it? The case on her phone, was it light pink or bright pink?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My son came home from school yesterday and everyone was talking about the attempted abduction in Goffstown. She is 18 which is technically an adult but to me that is still a kid.

My son came home from school yesterday and everyone was talking about the attempted abduction in Goffstown. She is 18 which is technically an adult but to me that is still a kid.

To me Abby looks older than the 14 years she was when she went missing. So the two girls are close in age!

Amber Dubois didn't know her killer John Gardner and Jessica Ridgeway didn't know Sigg. Both girls one going to school with all the traffic that is running at that hour with school and work and one after school with all of that traffic.

Both girls grabbed and nobody saw anything. Well nobody told if they saw anything.

Would a teenage girl GET into the car of a stranger. No I don't think she would. But if it was somebody she got to know on Social Media she might if they set something up. Then once in the car she might want out...to late!

Both Amber and Jessica were kidnapped while walking to school in the morning, FYI. Not that it matters much to make your point about it being broad daylight and active.

Jessica was snatched by Sigg. However, according to Amber's kidnapper, he threatened her with a knife and told her to get in the car; she complied. I don't think you meant to imply this but...there has been no evidence stating Amber knew Gardner from SM, IIRC. Poor, poor babies.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=9975976

I am guessing that most girls who are kidnapped by someone are forced into the car, or are threatened. I cannot see a teen girl getting into a car with an older guy with no threat, but with a younger guy, maybe. If a not-creepy looking young (or looking) guy drove by and asked Abby if she wanted a ride home, would she accept? Also, since Abby grew up in a small town, with little crime, would she really be worried that someone was going to kidnap her? Maybe she was naive, and just thought this is someone being friendly, not some potential kidnapper (especially if he didn't look or act creepy)?

So basically, I think a kidnapper could get a teenage girl into his car without force or threats, as long as he is not creepy looking, and acts in a "normal" manner.

I am guessing that most girls who are kidnapped by someone are forced into the car, or are threatened. I cannot see a teen girl getting into a car with an older guy with no threat, but with a younger guy, maybe. If a not-creepy looking young (or looking) guy drove by and asked Abby if she wanted a ride home, would she accept? Also, since Abby grew up in a small town, with little crime, would she really be worried that someone was going to kidnap her? Maybe she was naive, and just thought this is someone being friendly, not some potential kidnapper (especially if he didn't look or act creepy)?

So basically, I think a kidnapper could get a teenage girl into his car without force or threats, as long as he is not creepy looking, and acts in a "normal" manner.

I believe it is likely that Mickey and Sierra got in willingly with their murderers. They only realized they were in trouble after it was too late. Mickey put up a hell of a fight though.

There's always the possibility that she was kidnapped by someone who was not a complete stranger, someone she had seen around town, a schoolmate's parent, a neighbor etc. My kids who are around Abigail's age one day told me...'but my friend's parent is not a stranger'! They are technically right but...but I still said they don't get into anybody's car regardless of how well they know them unless it's direct family. I think most teenagers would get into a car with someone they thought they know.

Please be do not distribute any photoshop projects on Abby enhancing anything with your own interpretations. I have gotten 50 requests on doing photoshopped versions of her with different hair colors, different hair lengths, etc. My response is always the same- if it is deemed useful to the investigation, I trust that the FBI will release their own enhanced photos to the public. People who want to focus on her face, there is the pic at the website with her with a knit cap on that allows that.

Without having *any* idea of what she has in this picture, your attempts to enhance it could really just confuse the issue of what her bag, phone or colors of her sweater actually are.

Thank you.

Does anyone recall when the last update from LE was? It seems it was early on. That has always seemed strange to me. Also, anyone who has spoken out always said "Come home Abby" in one way or another. There was never any pleading to any potential perp to please let Abby go, unless I have missed something. I am beginning to think it is possible she just took off. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow