NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We are at the final line of what science can to help us based on the remains to identify where they came from and who they were. . ."
AG Agati said this in the 2015 press conference.
I just happened to randomly click on that in the raw footage.
It's mind-boggling how much has changed since then. We now know their killer, we know the MC is related to TR. Little did he know that forensic genealogy would expand and may be able to solve this case.

"We are at the final line of what science can to help us based on the remains to identify where they came from and who they were. . ."
AG Agati said this in the 2015 press conference.
I just happened to randomly click on that in the raw footage.
It's mind-boggling how much has changed since then. We now know their killer, we know the MC is related to TR. Little did he know that forensic genealogy would expand and may be able to solve this case.

RBBM, they can't upload mtDNA through GED match but I wonder if they could do the special sequencing that DDP does. I know the A4 have been proposed to them many times and I may be mistaken, but I think it was Colleen Fitzpatrick that helped with Lisa/Dawn. So I wonder what the hold up is, since we have their killer already.

RBBM, they can't upload mtDNA through GED match but I wonder if they could do the special sequencing that DDP does. I know the A4 have been proposed to them many times and I may be mistaken, but I think it was Colleen Fitzpatrick that helped with Lisa/Dawn. So I wonder what the hold up is, since we have their killer already.

I was hoping that perhaps DDP's informatics team/partners could work their miracle on their degraded DNA.

Thank you carbuff and thank you alleykins for the offer. I'm deaf so I'm not sure the press conference is captioned, as most are not.

I wonder when the last time they tried to get a useable sample was.

I have hearing issues, so lack of captions or transcripts is one of my pet peeves.

I think the most recent tests on the adult woman were in connection with the Lisa/RE discovery, though there may have been further testing after that. I gather that there was a chemical in the barrel that severely damaged the bones and DNA.

I have hearing issues, so lack of captions or transcripts is one of my pet peeves.

I think the most recent tests on the adult woman were in connection with the Lisa/RE discovery, though there may have been further testing after that. I gather that there was a chemical in the barrel that severely damaged the bones and DNA.

I hadn't picked up on chemicals being in the barrel, but it would make sense, especially since the first barrel appears in relatively pristine condition for being exposed to the elements. So it's possible it was recently emptied of its contents.

Bumping the ruleouts list and updating the Namus links

The ruleouts for RE's daughter Unidentified Person Case

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Amber Crum 1981 Texas
Fannie Stuart 1976 California
Jessie Stuart 1975 California
Kimberly Yates 1981 Rhode Island

The oldest child: Unidentified Person Case
The adult: Unidentified Person Case
The youngest child: Unidentified Person Case

Combined ruleouts for the three maternally related victims. Because of the maternal relationship, a ruleout for one is a ruleout for all. One addition, Denise Sheehy.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Nancy Baird 1952 Utah
Denise Beaudin 1958 New Hampshire
Melissa Bustamante 1996 Florida
Jan Cotta 1954 New Jersey
Amber Crum 1981 Texas
Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Cynthia Goodling 1958 Florida
Pamela Hobley 1954 Michigan
Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
Ella Beth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
Linda Lovell 1948 Montana
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Aleca Manning 1953 Arizona
Donna Manson 1954 Washington
Cathy Moulton 1955 Maine
Julie Moseley 1965 Texas
Linda Nickell 1955 Michigan
Patricia Otto 1952 Idaho
Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Janice Pockett 1965 Connecticut
Wanda Priddy 1958 Texas
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Kathleen Shea 1959 Pennsylvania
Denise Sheehy Queens
Kimberly Stewart 1956 California
Mary Stuart 1945 California
Fannie Stuart 1976 California
Jessie Stuart 1975 California
Denise Sullivan 1946 Utah
Kelly Yates 1984 Rhode Island
[/QUOTE]

Colleen has told me there is a public Y-DNA database so I assume there is one for mt-DNA too

It was actually Barbara Rae-Venter who has been working on this case (she found the Golden State Killer after that investigator contacted her due to her work on this case). Not sure if she’s still working on it, but I’d say it’s a good possibility investigators haven’t given up after getting this far. I think we’ll hear more on this case soon.

It was actually Barbara Rae-Venter who has been working on this case (she found the Golden State Killer after that investigator contacted her due to her work on this case). Not sure if she’s still working on it, but I’d say it’s a good possibility investigators haven’t given up after getting this far. I think we’ll hear more on this case soon.

Yes sorry, I realize I misspoke but by then it was too late to edit.

But yes, in any case let's hope they can use genealogy for A4 and they'll have a name back some day!

A complex case involving an abandoned child and a serial killer inspired a new way of solving crimes through cousins’ DNA and family tree data. A similar technique was later used to identify a suspect in the Golden State Killer case, and has led to arrests in more than 10 other murder and sexual assault cases in the past five months.

How Genetic Sleuthing Helped a Kidnapped Girl Recover Her Identity

A complex case involving an abandoned child and a serial killer inspired a new way of solving crimes through cousins’ DNA and family tree data. A similar technique was later used to identify a suspect in the Golden State Killer case, and has led to arrests in more than 10 other murder and sexual assault cases in the past five months.

How Genetic Sleuthing Helped a Kidnapped Girl Recover Her Identity

Thanks for linking. From the link:

“Dr. Rae-Venter eventually narrowed Lisa’s father down to one of five brothers who also lived in New Hampshire. All the brothers were married when Lisa was conceived and those who were located refused to be tested.”

I didn’t know this part until now. Always wondered how Dawn’s father was quickly removed from the picture when Denise was still pregnant with Dawn and started dating Terry.

Even though D/L's potential fathers refused to be tested, I'd bet among themselves, the brothers have an idea of whom the father may be. However, I wonder if they were asked if they might know who the A4 victims could be, on the off chance that they might. Long shot, I know, but you never know unless you ask. Does anyone know if the connection was made to these men before or after they figured out the cases were related?

Even though D/L's potential fathers refused to be tested, I'd bet among themselves, the brothers have an idea of whom the father may be. However, I wonder if they were asked if they might know who the A4 victims could be, on the off chance that they might. Long shot, I know, but you never know unless you ask. Does anyone know if the connection was made to these men before or after they figured out the cases were related?

I like your line of thinking... interesting.

This made me think if Denise knew A4 victims? Did she meet Terry through them? Did she not know them at all?

I'm curious why no one hasn't spoken out about Denise who knew her at the time. No relatives, no friends, nothing.... Is LE holding info close to the vest here?

This made me think if Denise knew A4 victims? Did she meet Terry through them? Did she not know them at all?

I'm curious why no one hasn't spoken out about Denise who knew her at the time. No relatives, no friends, nothing.... Is LE holding info close to the vest here?

Have been curious as well, she was bound to have a BFF even thou TR's MO was to create separation with his victims and anyone close. A BFF would know more than anyone else .... at least my BFF does ...:)

LE may have asked for close acquaintances wether family or friends to keep mum.

Have been curious as well, she was bound to have a BFF even thou TR's MO was to create separation with his victims and anyone close. A BFF would know more than anyone else .... at least my BFF does ...:)

LE may have asked for close acquaintances wether family or friends to keep mum.

Maybe she wasn’t close to anyone at that point in time. OR they’ve since passed away.

You bring up a good point. Obviously, someone took the pictures of Denise and TR at that backyard barbecue. Maybe they weren't well acquainted, but the fact they gave investigators the pictures leads me to believe the picture taker gave them as much information as they knew.
Also, iirc, the two folks we know of who knew TR - Denise's father and the mill manager/camp store owner - are trying to keep on the down low. I recall at one of the press conferences investigators said the store owner wanted the public to respect his privacy (paraphrased), and Denise's father was a bit hesitant at first to give a DNA sample, even though it possibly involved his daughter.
But you're right, I have to wonder where Denise's friends and former coworkers are in all this and TR's former coworkers as well. He was an odd character, from what we've gathered, surely he stood out in someone's mind. What about the former landlord and neighbors? I remember a lot of my neighbors going back to when I was a kid, especially the weird ones. I realize some of them could be deceased, but they all can't be.

Coincidence or connection?

I'd like to know when Denise worked at General Cable in Manchester....

Have you seen Denise Beaudin who has been missing from Manchester since 1981? - InDepthNH.org
Denise’s work history included employment at General Cable at 345 McGregor Street in Manchester,

Case timeline: Killer Terry Peder Rasmussen, also known as 'Bob Evans'
1980:
May - Rasmussen was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).

October - Rasmussen was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for diverting electric current.

You bring up a good point. Obviously, someone took the pictures of Denise and TR at that backyard barbecue. Maybe they weren't well acquainted, but the fact they gave investigators the pictures leads me to believe the picture taker gave them as much information as they knew.
Also, iirc, the two folks we know of who knew TR - Denise's father and the mill manager/camp store owner - are trying to keep on the down low. I recall at one of the press conferences investigators said the store owner wanted the public to respect his privacy (paraphrased), and Denise's father was a bit hesitant at first to give a DNA sample, even though it possibly involved his daughter.
But you're right, I have to wonder where Denise's friends and former coworkers are in all this and TR's former coworkers as well. He was an odd character, from what we've gathered, surely he stood out in someone's mind. What about the former landlord and neighbors? I remember a lot of my neighbors going back to when I was a kid, especially the weird ones. I realize some of them could be deceased, but they all can't be.

Agreed.... What about former classmates from Goffstown New Hampshire High School class of '76?

Denise graduated from Goffstown New Hampshire High School in 1976. After graduating, Denise moved around before ultimately settling in Manchester.
Have you seen Denise Beaudin who has been missing from Manchester since 1981? - InDepthNH.org

Coincidence or connection?

I'd like to know when Denise worked at General Cable in Manchester....

Denise’s work history included employment at General Cable at 345 McGregor Street in Manchester,

Case timeline: Killer Terry Peder Rasmussen, also known as 'Bob Evans'
1980:
May - Rasmussen was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).

October - Rasmussen was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for diverting electric current.

I have always felt that Denise met TR through where she worked with TR being a customer that came into GC to acquire electrical cabling and supplies for the mill he worked at.
TR Thread # 2, Post # 681
Manchester, New Hampshire; Denise Beaudin Employment Demers Nursing Home (Opened 6/78 & Closed (10/83) and Carol Cable was acquired by General Cable in 1992. Denise was a graduate of Goffstown HS class of 1976. Noted Denise moved around prior to ultimately settling in Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli