GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he was alive when he left the hotel. I wonder what time it was??
I was under the impression he died in the hotel and that's why nh LE was searching it, and also that is why she is being charged in NH. Hampton isn't very far from the Maine border...where did she kill him??
Did she stop somewhere else or did she do it in the car?

No, he wasn't. The hotel manager saw him the night before, when she checked in, then, he noticed that her truck was gone the next morning, and thought she'd gone for breakfast.

I am really curious about Camden's dad, especially seeing that Camden was acknowledged to be extremely bright. I wonder if he could have been a customer.

I'm sorry for all of these circumstances. It is very, very sad.

I wondered that too. I have two gifted kids, and although I homeschool, I don't think most schools offer gifted & talented programs until third or fourth grade…so I was equally surprised when I read that. I wondered if perhaps she elaborated on the truth. Yes, he was advanced, and reading ahead of his class, but perhaps not in an actual program. I need to re-read the statements from the school officials to check that. Anyway, he was bright.

Not related to this quote, but I too want to take it easy on this hotel manager, I don't blame him for not grilling her about the sick kid. We know in hindsight that he probably was doped up on cough meds, but any kid with a fever will be lethargic, so that's not very suspicious to me, except in hindsight. I wouldn't expect a hotel manager to suspect abuse or neglect.

I wonder if she tried to kill him with the cough syrup, and it didn't work, but she was out of money to buy more, so she suffocated him instead.

Hindsight is 20/20. I hope that poor hotel manager can lighten up on himself. He was helping by paying for the room. A lot of people wouldn't have done that much, and I bet the guy isn't wealthy himself!

No, he wasn't the hotel manager saw him the night before, when she checked in, then, he noticed that her truck was gone the next morning, and thought she'd gone for breakfast.

Thank you :)
I misunderstood when I read it the first time.

More evidence that this thing was planned out. She gave a cover story to her employers, a cover story to the school, kept up calls and text messages to friends and family as if she were still home. It all points to a plan, rather than a spur of the moment fit of rage.

I think it means that the trip was planned out, but not necessarily the murder. And that the trip was secret.

It's possible that she took the trip for the sole reason of killing him; but why? It's also possible she took the trip for another reason that is still unclear, and flipped out on him once she got there.

Her lawyer seems to want to get the depressed mom suicide/murder mission scenario into the media right away. The Andrea Yates interpretation is the most sympathetic. But it also doesn't really make sense. The trip was planned for weeks. She covered for herself carefully in phone calls. Andrea Yates believed she was saving her kids from something. There's no evidence that JM believed anything like that. She was, in fact, screaming at the boy.

She called the school every day to explain her child's absence: that is NOT the act of someone who is delusional or even someone who is deeply depressed. If she was truly suicidal, she had several days to do it. But to me it looks like she became suicidal after she was caught.

I think EVERYONE who kills their child is mentally ill to some extent. But in this case, her mental illness does not seem to be enough to explain what happened.

I hope those who loved CH and those of us who are so touched by him will one day be able to know exactly how this terrible tragedy happened.

I wondered that too. I have two gifted kids, and although I homeschool, I don't think most schools offer gifted & talented programs until third or fourth grade…so I was equally surprised when I read that. I wondered if perhaps she elaborated on the truth. Yes, he was advanced, and reading ahead of his class, but perhaps not in an actual program. I need to re-read the statements from the school officials to check that. Anyway, he was bright.

My grandson is in public school Kindergarten and they do have a Gifted & Talented Program at the level. In 1987, the Texas Legislature mandated that all school districts must identify and serve G/T students at all grade levels.

[snip]
Not related to this quote, but I too want to take it easy on this hotel manager, I don't blame him for not grilling her about the sick kid. We know in hindsight that he probably was doped up on cough meds, but any kid with a fever will be lethargic, so that's not very suspicious to me, except in hindsight. I wouldn't expect a hotel manager to suspect abuse or neglect.

I wonder if she tried to kill him with the cough syrup, and it didn't work, but she was out of money to buy more, so she suffocated him instead.

Hindsight is 20/20. I hope that poor hotel manager can lighten up on himself. He was helping by paying for the room. A lot of people wouldn't have done that much, and I bet the guy isn't wealthy himself!

I agree that he should lighten up on himself. Everyone feels this way after a tragedy--that they somehow could or should have done something to prevent it. But I do not see how turning away a poor mother with a sick child could have been helpful, even in this case. It would be really messed up if he felt he ought to refuse help to people in the future because of this awful experience.

My grandson is in public school Kindergarten and they do have a Gifted & Talented Program at the level. In 1987, the Texas Legislature mandated that all school districts must identify and serve G/T students at all grade levels.

Okay, thanks. I knew I wasn't really qualified to speculate on that one. Probably should have kept quiet.

Okay, thanks. I knew I wasn't really qualified to speculate on that one. Probably should have kept quiet.

Of course you should put it out there! That's how we get clarification on our thoughts/questions. I enjoy reading your thought provoking speculations/ideas. Keep it up!

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's not true.

Quote, From this article [emphasis mine]:http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Family-friends-helped-ID-missing-Irving-boy-122208584.html

"But this isn't the first time there were hints of a troubled side. Two years ago, McCrery was arrested for prostitution, leaving Camden without a ride home from daycare.
"It ended up being a big ordeal," Christian said.
The von Atzigens say, however, that McCrery had been doing well lately. She had a job with an auto parts business, and she bought a home.
"It wasn't the nicest, but at least she had something that nobody could take," Christian said.""

Wow, so sad! I had hoped that all that was before Camden was born. Thanks for the link, GreenPalm!

I wonder who the recent breakup was with? From the friend's statement, it doesn't sound like Miller because that seemed to be on and off.

The "pale, drab little boy" comment has me so sad. What was he going through those last few days of his life? Was he hungry...was she being mean to him...awful :( He was taken away from family and friends and people who loved him. As long as I live I will never understand this.

No, I'd been thinking the same thing, GreenPalm. It's one thing that was making me distrust the veracity of the ex-BF's comments. Certainly, reading at that age is very advanced. But I doubted there was an actual gifted and talented program for kindergarten.

Thanks, TxMomma, for the local info. It's great that Texas schools offer that at all grade levels! We've only had public kindergarten in my town in NH for about 3 years. Every time presidential candidates would come around before the NH primary talking about universal pre-school, I'd think "how about public kindergarten?"

The "pale, drab little boy" comment has me so sad. What was he going through those last few days of his life? Was he hungry...was she being mean to him...awful :( He was taken away from family and friends and people who loved him. As long as I live I will never understand this.

Maybe he was hungry or sick or medicated. But it is also possible he was just tired of driving. I feel that way after much shorter trips. I don't know what time of night it was when they arrived at that motel.

On the FB page "Rest in Peace Camden Pierce Hughes" someone (poster) said she knew the family and that she thanks the great state of Maine for all their wonderful support through this sad situation but Ian is headed to NH/ME to pick up Cam and bring him home to TX. And that there will be a funeral in "Grand Prairie" on Saturday.

Could very well be a service in Grand Prairie - it's right next to Irving. (I grew up in GP).

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's not true.

Quote, From this article [emphasis mine]:http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Family-friends-helped-ID-missing-Irving-boy-122208584.html

"But this isn't the first time there were hints of a troubled side. Two years ago, McCrery was arrested for prostitution, leaving Camden without a ride home from daycare.
"It ended up being a big ordeal," Christian said.
The von Atzigens say, however, that McCrery had been doing well lately. She had a job with an auto parts business, and she bought a home.
"It wasn't the nicest, but at least she had something that nobody could take," Christian said.""

Thanks for the article, greenpalm.
JM's arrest on the 2009 prostitution charges … I am wondering what the "big ordeal" was that Christian is referring to because I am actually surprised that Camden was not taken from her even if it was temporary due to the prostitution charges. I did not see anything about her losing custody. Maybe that is not a reason to lose custody … ? Maybe she satisified the courts by securing that auto parts delivery job and maybe by buying a home for her and Camden.

As far as that Hotel Manager, Mr. Lyons, he will probably 'beat himself up" for sometime to come over this … :(

I am still trying to wrap myself around JM getting in her p.u. w/Cam and driving all the way to New England from TX. What a trip that must have been. AND knowing what a smart kid, Cam was, he was probably very inquisitive, "Mom, why are we going here, Mom, I am tried, I want to go home" … you know all the usual questions our kiddos would ask if they were on a long road trip away from their friends and their toys and their home and their relatives. That is why at the end, it appeared she was melting down, coming to her wits end as the man in the room above her said he heard her screaming at someone.

I just spoke to my Mom in ME. My parents have a summer home in Maine, downeast Maine, very close to Berwick. They just returned May 1st from their winter in FL … they are devastated by the News of little Cam. Everyone in ME is devastated. And you know what, people, I do not think Cam was ever even alive in ME. JM left Cam in ME after she killed him. I am going to tell you ME really wanted to KEEP HIM. They had a candlelight vigil for him and they wanted to bury him. They really really wanted to keep that little fellow with the "Lightening McQueen" sneakers. :( :( :(

A very good article with some newer info about the phone calls Julianna made to the school after Camden was killed. First she said he was sick and may have appendicitis and then she called back saying he would be back in school again!

and

"At the Stone Gable Inn in Hampton, N.H., one guest said McCrery checked in Friday afternoon without any luggage and looked upset.

“She was crying,’’ said the guest, who would only give his first name, Steve.

A woman who would only give her name as Donna said she pulled into the parking lot Friday to pick up a friend and saw McCrery and her son standing out front.

“She did look upset,’’ she said. “She wasn’t crying, but she just looked like something was bothering her.’’

She later saw McCrery take her son by the hand and walk away from the area.

The room where they stayed was empty yesterday, with both beds stripped. Three square pieces of blue carpeting were either cut or torn. There were no visible signs of blood or struggle."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne..._child_told_school_slain_son_was_sick/?page=1

My parents have a summer home in Maine, downeast Maine, very close to Berwick. :( :( :(

I am a bit confused. Most people referer to downeast Maine as the Northern coast, starting at around Ellsworth. The Berwicks are in York County, the Southern coast.

Such a tragic and needless loss of a very special little boy...

Camden Pierce Hughes: A Brother’s Love and Remembrance

Camdenpiercehughes1.jpg

http://www.everparent.com/articles/2011/05/20/camden-pierce-hughes-a-brothers-love-and-remembrance/

Thursday evening, Ian shared some personal facts about Camden.

■Camden’s favorite color was green.
■His favorite TV show was Caillou.
■According to Ian, Camden’s favorite movie was Disney Cars, a movie Ian watched with him “1,000 times.”
■Camden loved Curious George
■Camden was a football fan who loved the Dallas Cowboys and the New England Patriots, and liked to “play tackle” with Ian and throw a football.
■Camden attended church and considered himself to be best friends with God.
■Camden’s favorite meal was chicken nuggets and smiley fries.
■Ian would ask Camden “What’s gonna work?” and Camden would reply “TEAMWORK!” (A quote from the childrens TV show Wonder Pets).
■Ian recalled that Camden was Batman for Halloween (twice) and one year, won a costume contest with a caveman costume his mother made for him.
■Ian reported that Camden could play the guitar better than Ian could.
■Camden, who was in Kindergarten, could read as well as a second grader.

It's difficult, but try to separate what happened to Camden from the equation. Is there the possibility that all the secrecy and the lies were because JM didn't want her family/friends to know she planned to drive 1800 just to see a friend, like she did last Fall? (that's in an article a few posts back and I can't seem to 'quote' from this stupid phone)
Doing that, with a small child, may have caused family/friends to come down on her, so perhaps she lied because they wouldn't approve. If you subtract what happened to Camden, and imagine that in the end she and Camden would have gone home, then the way she lied and covered, no one would have been the wiser. Camden would have gone back to school and life would have gone on.
So just maybe, she DIDN'T 'go to' Maine. It seems more likely that the area around Stone Gable Inn would be where she was headed all along. When you go on a trip, you find a hotel close to the area of interest to you, right? Maybe she went to see a so-called friend, just as she is reported to have done last Fall....what, eight months ago? I'm still betting on an internet connection between JM and SOMEONE close to the area of the hotel.
I've got this thing rolling around in my head and I just wonder if all the secrecy and lies, prior to May 13th, was simply because JM knew her family/friends found her to be impulsive, and she didn't want to hear it?
There was screaming heard at the hotel, right? It seems to have been assumed that she was screaming at Camden but could she have been on the phone, angry that she'd come all that way, and that the person on the other end of the phone ditched her? Or, could there have been someone else in that hotel room, someone who knew the Dennett Road area of South Berwick?

Unlikely, sure. I know I read too many Stephen King books, but I just get the feeling this whole thing isn't as cut and dry as "impulsively planning" to drive 1800 miles to kill your child.
For someone who, we guess, doesn't know South Berwick; how on earth does JM leave the Stone Gable Inn early on May 14th and wind up on a deserted area of Dennett Road at 7:30 am....a mere two hours after Camdens reported TOD?

ETA...and remember, according to Mr. Lyons, JM told him on May 13th that she only had $25. Not a lot of money to drive around aimlessely, looking for a dump spot.

I am a bit confused. Most people referer to downeast Maine as the Northern coast, starting at around Ellsworth. The Berwicks are in York County, the Southern coast.

M&D live in York County on Drakes Island/Wells. That is really interesting as I went to wiki and you are 100% right. And I have no clue why everyone in the area where Mom lives in Southern Maine, call it "Downeast Maine". My husband did all the design and construction for the Amtrak train that runs from Boston to Portland (back in 2000) and they named that train "The Downeaster" …. while now reading wiki, that train does not even go to the Northern coast.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back