Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I think I must have missed something, a post or two. I thought the basement was concerning the laundry room. Did Celina sleep in the basement? I'm confused. Thanks for getting me up to the latest on this.:waitasec:

I'm not being snarky at all, believe me...but you have missed quite a bit on this subject...much of the conversation on this thread has revolved around the fact that Celina was reported to have been staying in the basement with her sister for a year since her mother's ex-boyfriend's 23 year old son moved in and was given her room...

There has been a lot of back and forth on whether this was an appropriate living arrangement for a variety of reasons...you may want to look back- it is quite a comprehensive topic...

No offense to anyone, but does it really matter whether her bedroom was up to code? A little girl is dead, was murdered by a person, not by lack of doors or a zoning violation.

Respectfully, I think some are trying to 'sleuth' whether or not there was a mode of entry of a perp from street level, i.e., could someone get in and out of Celina's room without going through the house, or could Celina and someone leave the house directly from the basement. If the basement were done 'to code' in respect to rental units in some states, we'd know with more certainty if there was this 'point of entry'. At least that's why I myself was wondering this same thing three threads ago. :seeya: :)

Respectfully, I think some are trying to 'sleuth' whether or not there was a mode of entry of a perp from street level, i.e., could someone get in and out of Celina's room without going through the house, or could Celina and someone leave the house directly from the basement. If the basement were done 'to code' in respect to rental units in some states, we'd know with more certainty if there was this 'point of entry'. At least that's why I myself was wondering this same thing three threads ago. :seeya: :)

I suppose they could just use the door for this... no major sleuthing involved... the outside door that is .

These are the standards for a basement bedroom:

For emergency escape, the following standards apply: The openable portion of a bedroom window must have a minimum dimension of 5.7 square feet, unless the sill is lower than the outside grade level. In that case, the overall dimension must be at least 9 square feet. The width of window openings must be no less than 24 inches and the height no less than 20 inches. If the windowsill in a basement bedroom is lower than the outside grade level, there must be an exterior window well that meets an additional list of minimum size requirements.
We have bedrooms in our camp that aren't in the basement that do not follow this criteria... I guess I am not "proper"???

I don't understand what you are saying. In order for it to be considered a true basement bedroom, then those are the standards for building. Otherwise it's a "nonconforming bedroom" meaning the room does not conform to building codes. When you sell the house instead of listing it as a 4 bedroom, it is listed as a 3 bedroom w/a nonconforming bedroom or a "bonus" room.

I have not seen the basement of the N home, but I would be very surprised if the flooring was concrete. This is an old house and I wouldn't think it was built on a slab, but it would be a pier and beam foundation. I don't know how the room would be finished, but I would expect wood flooring, etc. Does anyone know the structure of the house around there? tia

Good post, I agree with you. Perhaps you should visit N.H. where I live, it has been a pleasant cool summer with not too many hot days. Thank you for your good suggestions, stay safe 118 degrees is dangerous stuff. skier

My hubby works out in it every day, he has lost alot of weight and didn't really need to. Last I heard the death toll was 15 due to heat, a couple of those were children in cars. We haven't been below 100 in quite a while. I would be glad to get to some cooler weather. New granddaughter will be here the 22nd, I guess if it gets too hot in the house we will go for a ride in the car. :crazy:

10194d1241785428-tile-over-basement-concrete-floor-1.jpg

This is not what I would consider "livable" at least not for my children. (This is not an image of the N home). I'm just using this as an example. This kind of basement would lead me to believe the conditions the girls were living in was less than desirable.

Wow, looks clean, staple some sheets on the ceiling & throw a rug or two on the floor, put a mattress, maybe a dresser & what more could you ask for...did you by any chance look at the average income here in NH???

Yikes, not sure where you are, but this summer has been plenty hot here in NH.

Southern N.H. nothing like last summer and a long way from 118 degrees. Folks in Southwest are having a rough time with the drought and heat so our temperatures would no doubt feel cool to them. Stay cool QUOTE fall is not too far away. skier

This is not what I would consider "livable" at least not for my children. (This is not an image of the N home). I'm just using this as an example. This kind of basement would lead me to believe the conditions the girls were living in was less than desirable.

Is that what the basement looks like in Celina's home? How do we know that? Link? Really, we could post dozens of pictures of basements and none of them would be helpful, since they're not THE basement.

Really, I don't see the point of this 'basement' outrage. It just seems like yet another thing to be used against the family, not against the killer (who hasn't even been identified yet).

Besides, I've been in plenty of basement bedrooms, from the time when I was a kid until now. Some most certainly were concrete floors and walls. And I have no problem with that. In most of them, an area rug is put down and the walls are decorated and they look fine to me. I slept in some of them for sleepovers as a kid, and I know adults who live in them.

What is the big deal?

Southern N.H. nothing like last summer and a long way from 118 degrees. Folks in Southwest are having a rough time with the drought and heat so our temperatures would no doubt feel cool to them. Stay cool QUOTE fall is not too far away. skier

Aw Fall. Trouble is here in Dallas we can't really tell when the seasons change. We are on over 30 days of over 100 degress. It is 106 right now. But we do have central airl I am cool in the house but I don't go outside much.

I love this statement and I totally agree. It seems that there is a part of the human race that has decided to act like wild animals. They get pregnant and if they don't want the child they just kill it. Sex it seems has become such a driving force that has to be quenched and then afterwards they just kill their victim. I just don't understand it. My heart is just breaking for these little girls.

Isn't there a more appropriate forum to discuss your views on abortion than one which is centered on a murdered 11 year old girl?

So sleuths, given the lack of evidence that has been made official by LE, what do YOU think happened to this beautiful child???

Do you think AAG-JY would wait until after the festival this weekend for the children and after Celina's memorial (on Monday I believe) to make any further announcements re tox results and/or any arrests or POIs being identified? That is assuming tox results are probably back and they probably have enough forensics to name POI(s). Based on Krista's case what would be your best estimation of AAG-JY allowing the family time to grieve and the community time to settle down?

eleph

In Krista's case it was drug related... so it is possible they did want to wait for toxicology before making the arrests.
I don't necessarily think they are waiting on that in this case. I think they know how she died without toxicology and probably who did it as well.
I do think they will have enough to charge a person/people. Toxicology may eliminate possibilities though.

I think Jane Young's priorities will be:

Safety of everyone involved.

If the suspect is in the community and a potential danger an arrest will come faster.

Ensuring she knows where her suspect is while she solidifies her case.

As long as she knows they are not taking off or hurting anyone, she will feel okay postponing an arrest.
Like I said, if they are incarcerated or hospitalized she may postpone an arrest.

I would expect that we will hear nothing until she makes an arrest. Definitely not about any POI's or suspects.
We will hear who they are when they are arrested. Then we will hear after the arraignment, some detail of what the charges are.

However, Jane Young is obviously more emotionally involved in this than she was in Krista's. That does change it a bit...

I'm unsure if that will change whether she gives more information or whether she waits until after things have calmed down to make an arrest.

Someone would have to tie me down, because even after LE was involved I know I would still be...or want to be out looking for her...even in the dead of night and calling out her name. I'd want to beat on everyone's door. I just can't imagine.

My cousin took off when she was 15 with a friend. Stole her brother's truck and drove 600 miles to Vegas.

Her mother (who is a bit dramatic to start with) did just that.

She went to every house pounding on the doors "I know you know where she is!!! Where is she!!! Tell me where she is!!!!" :floorlaugh:

Isn't there a more appropriate forum to discuss your views on abortion than one which is centered on a murdered 11 year old girl?

Wow! Didn't mean to offend you but I wasn't totally talking about abortion. I was talking about the discounted value of all human life.

Thank you for pointing that out. I did not realize this was the direction of the discussion. I thought it was more fault-finding of the mother/parents for allowing the daughters to occupy an "illegal" bedroom. It didn't occur to me that another door would allow people from the outside in.

Originally Posted by chief View Post

Wow! Didn't mean to offend you but I wasn't totally talking about abortion. I was talking about the discounted value of all human life.

My apologies.

Everyone needs to focus on what is important in this case. CELINA.

Think about what you're posting before you post it! If you can't relate it to Celina's disappearance, it probably shouldn't be posted!

(For example: Unless you can say WHY her living in the basement led to her disappearance, you shouldn't be talking about it. Stop the arguing about what is or is not appropriate living conditions. Stop the discussion about whether or not their home was up to "code". As of right now, this is all irrelevant!)

If you have a question on whether or not something is appropriate, PM a mod. Thanks.

*I know this waiting game can be extremely frustrating. But we still need to keep our focus.*

Until we know more about this basement, a lot of this discussion is kind of beside the point, IMO. It may be a suitable, finished room preferred by the girls. Or not. And it may turn out to not have anything to do with how she ended up in a river...we just don't know. Lots of families are making do the best way they can these days, renting out rooms, etc...not saying I would choose to rent out a room to a 23-yr old man with a prison record, if I had young daughters, but mom knew him and must have trusted him. And we don't know that he, or anyone else in the home, did anything wrong as yet.

I have my suspicions that her death WAS a result of something that happened within the home, but not sure the basement was a factor.

Just my opinion.

My hubby works out in it every day, he has lost alot of weight and didn't really need to. Last I heard the death toll was 15 due to heat, a couple of those were children in cars. We haven't been below 100 in quite a while. I would be glad to get to some cooler weather. New granddaughter will be here the 22nd, I guess if it gets too hot in the house we will go for a ride in the car. :crazy:

Please be careful. I hope this heat breaks for you folks soon and also I pray you will also have rain. I also realize that working folks cannot just pick up and go somewhere else, I could'nt. Is it possible for you to get into some air-conditioning for a break? The heat you are experiencing is nothing to mess with. I had a relative serving in Iraq and they were ordered to drink huge amounts of water every hour. So stay hydrated and take it as easy as you can. I really care!!!!skier

Another possibility with the 'boarder' having an actual bedroom in the house is that the parents didn't want him to be in a larger area such as the basement, where he might think of throwing parties or having others over. And perhaps they wanted to be able to keep track of what he was doing and felt that they could keep a closer eye on what he was doing this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214