AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jjenny I bolded the part where Dulce's mother told the police on the phone that they saw Dulce running through some houses out back.
As the prosecutor told in the conference, all that mother said in 911 call was hearsay. Police actually interviewed those witnesses and it doesn't seem any of it made into Amber alert, instead they went with a story told by a child of tender years. Which suggests to me that "they" didn't actually see much, or were speculating, if none of it is even in Amber alert.

As the prosecutor told in the conference, all that mother said in 911 call was hearsay. Police actually interviewed those witnesses and it doesn't seem any of it made into Amber alert, instead they went with a story told by a child of tender years. Which suggests to me that "they" didn't actually see much, or were speculating, if none of it is even in Amber alert.
Good points. All we know for sure is that she was seen getting ice cream at a store. Do we have any confirmed sightings of her at the park?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Ok, so I am going to say it.

It looks like someone's lying here. I think the prosecutor's words and actions are all telling. Dulce's Mom's interview where she said LE asked her to stop lying- yet she insisted she told them the truth and begged the public to believe her.

Just my opinion, folks. Going by facts, body language, interviews.

Can we please ease up on this idea a non verbal 3 year old (or any other person) is incapable of communication? This is getting offensive.

3 year olds, while young, aren't stupid. He may have sign language skills. He may have flipped through pictures of vehicles. He may, in part, pantomime certain actions.

Can we please ease up on this idea a non verbal 3 year old (or any other person) is incapable of communication? This is getting offensive.

3 year olds, while young, aren't stupid. He may have sign language skills. He may have flipped through pictures of vehicles. He may, in part, pantomime certain actions.
Who said they were stupid? My son was non-verbal until the age of four- he's anything but stupid. Where did you get this idea?

We're saying- if you read our posts again- that HE could not give a verbal statement when LE showed up at the park. He would have had to use pictures in terms of describing colors and clothing, cars, etc.

Who said they were stupid? My son was non-verbal until the age of four- he's anything but stupid. Where did you get this idea?

We're saying- if you read our posts again- that HE could not give a verbal statement when LE showed up at the park. He would have had to use pictures in terms of describing colors and clothing, cars, etc.

There has been more than one comment made in the sum of these threads that a non verbal 3 year old cannot give a "credible" statement.

Also, you are parroting back to me what I stated. My assumption is we are in agreement. :)

You make an excellent point. Even though I knew blueberries by name, I insisted on calling them purple berries because to me, they looked like purple berries as a small child. I still feel that way, but you'll be happy to know I call them blueberries now.

Likewise,there are berries on our walk to school,one of my kids insists they are red,the other orange and I am totally on the fence because to me they look a bit like both!!

Good points. All we know for sure is that she was seen getting ice cream at a store. Do we have any confirmed sightings of her at the park?

Amateur opinion and speculation

This is a good question. Although I think it could be said that they have confirmed she was at the park based on the fact the 8 year old sister of Noema was there and is likely considered a witness (to that part at least). Otherwise I doubt LE would have issued an Amber alert if a witness had not confirmed the location.

MOO.

Department of health and human services classifies a child from age 13 and younger to be of tender age. I know we all believe it to be 4 and younger but maybe there is an additional witness. A stretch but possible.

Department of health and human services classifies a child from age 13 and younger to be of tender age. I know we all believe it to be 4 and younger but maybe there is an additional witness. A stretch but possible.
There is only one witness to the red van story and it's a child of tender years. But if tender years means under 13, at least there is some hope that maybe the child is a bit older than 4.

I don't think it's him. As far as we know he remained on the playground the whole time. So where would he have seen the red van? Presumably van wouldn't be parked in the playground. Also, it would be very hard to get information out of non-verbal 3 year old. Yes, you can use pictures and photos, but children are very easily led so you don't want to ask them leading questions. And I don't know how to do that if they can't even tell you at all what they saw without prompting with photos or pictures.

There are numerous ways to communicate besides speech.
Yes, of course. But even with talking 3 year old, you'd have to question the validity of information. I can't imagine how hard it would be to get from non-verbal 3 year old. And children are easily confused, and can be easily manipulated with leading questions. So you definitely don't want to ask any leading questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C