AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even adult witnesses are often unreliable. There are all kind of issues with child witnesses. And those wold be verbal child witnesses. Child's memory also improves with age.

"Children testifying in court are perceived to be more honest than adults, but their limited memory, communication skills, and greater suggestibility may make them less reliable witnesses than adults."
Steps Can Be Taken to Improve Reliability of Child Witnesses

I think the Missing Pieces Network provides good insight, thanks for sharing....

The young mother has been criticized for what some have perceived as a lack of emotion during media interviews. When questioned in English, she often responds with brief answers whenever possible because it takes longer for her to process her answers in English, especially when she’s interrupted by reporters while she’s still speaking.

The difference is noticeable when Noema is questioned by a reporter in Spanish. Her answers are clear, complete and decisive. Viewers can see the grief on the face of a mother whose child has disappeared and her emotions are what many would deem “appropriate.”

The teen, who is 5 months pregnant with a girl, describes herself as, “very shy.” She had her daughter when she was just 14 years old. Dulce’s father was 19 when she was conceived.

Despite what has been reported by various media outlets, Noema confirmed with us that she did not have a relationship with Dulce’s father. They were together only one time. We declined to report additional details, because of the personal nature of the topic.

It sounds like information that Noema agreed to shared with Missing Pieces Network. It answers many questions we have had here.

Dulce’s 3-year-old brother does not share the same father as his older sister.

Noema did not graduate high school and dropped out after the birth of her son during her sophomore year. She hopes to take classes to obtain her GED.

Noema lived with her parents for the majority of her young life. She admitted that when she was 17, she did not help take care of her children as much as she should have. She started hanging out with a group of friends and smoking marijuana. She was also dealing with depression.

It was a tumultuous time for the family and resulted in Noema moving out of the family home when she was 18. She now lives nearby and sees her children every day.

When the 19-year-old became pregnant for the third time, she made the decision to stop hanging out with friends who were a bad influence, quit smoking, and took an active role in her children’s lives.

Various media outlets reported that she didn't have a relationship with Dulce's father, according to her. It's not exactly new information. Only his age is new information. But's its nice to see it all summarized.

Noema was not prepared for the onslaught of attention that a parent faces when their child goes missing. While most in the community have been sympathetic to the family and come together to help find the missing kindergartener, many on social media have proven to be judgmental and cruel in their comments.

During a press conference Monday, Noema made a statement that caused speculation about her past to run rampant.

"They're just judging because of what I did in the past, but that doesn't mean that from my past I'm doing the same thing," she said.

When asked about the meaning of the comment, she explained that people in the community “talked” about her when she was 17 and “acting bad.” She is afraid that people think she is not a good mother now because of her actions 2 years ago.

When asked if she had done anything in her past more serious, such as gang involvement, drug dealing or criminal activity, she responded firmly, “No, no, nothing like that.”

Other statements that people are questioning involve Dulce’s 3-year-old brother, Manuel.

Initial media reports indicated that the 3-year-old came running back to the car crying and pointing in the direction where his sister disappeared.

Noema was not prepared for the onslaught of attention that a parent faces when their child goes missing. While most in the community have been sympathetic to the family and come together to help find the missing kindergartener, many on social media have proven to be judgmental and cruel in their comments.

During a press conference Monday, Noema made a statement that caused speculation about her past to run rampant.

"They're just judging because of what I did in the past, but that doesn't mean that from my past I'm doing the same thing," she said.

When asked about the meaning of the comment, she explained that people in the community “talked” about her when she was 17 and “acting bad.” She is afraid that people think she is not a good mother now because of her actions 2 years ago.

When asked if she had done anything in her past more serious, such as gang involvement, drug dealing or criminal activity, she responded firmly, “No, no, nothing like that.”

Other statements that people are questioning involve Dulce’s 3-year-old brother, Manuel.

Initial media reports indicated that the 3-year-old came running back to the car crying and pointing in the direction where his sister disappeared.

If the worst thing she has done is smoke pot, I'm not seeing a problem. Marijuana products are legal in so many places that it's odd to connect its use with anything other than something many people from all walks of life do.

My impression is that she feels a tremendous amount of guilt for her daughter's disappearance and that she is searching every aspect of her life to try to understand how this happened. The reality is that this happens too often to all types of parents. It's usually nothing more than wrong place, wrong time.

I hope, for her sake, that her daughter is found. I suspect that Dulce was deceased within a couple of hours of her abduction.

Seems like child just vanished into thin air. The witness to the van story is a "child of tender years." So who knows if any of the story is accurate. Adults playing basketball at the time apparently told mother a bunch of things but presumably none credible since police didn't release any of that info, and didn't put that into Amber alert. Police investigated numerous tips but seem nowhere close to figuring out what happened.

That's an awful lot of players in the game at once. I suspect there were only half this number actually on the court and that the rest were standing on the sideline waiting for a chance to switch on, or they were friends, companions and kids of the players. I believe there could have been some who saw something.

If the basketball players became aware that a child was missing, I believe that most of them would have gone into response mode. A missing child report has a huge impact on people. They wouldn't brush it off. Even a dropped contact lens will bring a game to a dead stop and many will scour the field looking for that which was missing. How much moreso for a missing child?
Catching up but from my knowledge there is more than one court.

I can’t find the link now but I remember reading that a few people do remember seeing her at the park.
But not on that particular day, I believe. Not that I don't believe she was in the park that day, but I believe those articles were quoting people who have seen her there before.

Police Believe Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Lured Away From Bridgeton Playground By Man

“Police say as many as two dozen people may have been hanging out around the time of the girl’s disappearance at the basketball courts next to the playground.

After tracking down some of those bystanders for thorough interviews, police were able to get a description for a possible kidnapper and his vehicle.”

I think our tender aged child is not Manuel if we are to believe this. Editing to add: news publications have botched facts in this case so we can’t be 100% confident in that statement.. Haven’t seen this statement confirmed by le.

Last edited:
Her mother told her not to go back to the park because EVERYONE was talking bad about her?
Why is her community not supporting her?
I guess some people are suspicious. There have been quite a few cases where a parent/relative claimed the child was kidnapped, only to find out parent/relative were the one responsible. Not that I believe this is one of those cases.

After watching the prosecutors new conference sadly it doesn’t seem like LE is any closer to finding out where Dulce is : (
Absolutely, that's exactly what it looks like to me. Their Amber alert lead is a "child of tender age" and apparently that's the best information they had to put into an Amber alert. Doesn't appear they have any actual suspects (such as people whose names they know). No physical evidence of what happened.

It would be interesting/helpful to know if any of the park-goers that were interviewed on the scene at the time and those that were tracked down later were the SAME park-goers that gave the mother the information that she mentioned in the 911 call.

We are making assumptions that that information must have been incorrect, disproved, or deemed not related by police, but I don't think we even know if LE or anyone besides Mom ever spoke to those particular witnesses.

It would be interesting/helpful to know if any of the park-goers that were interviewed on the scene at the time and those that were tracked down later were the SAME park-goers that gave the mother the information that she mentioned in the 911 call.

We are making assumptions that that information must have been incorrect, disproved, or deemed not related by police, but I don't think we even know if LE or anyone besides Mom ever spoke to those particular witnesses.
DA today said they did. Said what mother was telling in 911 call is hearsay but then police actually interviewed these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member