AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In South Jersey, a massive search - and a wave of worry - for missing 5-year-old girl

“Lula Suggs said when news of the disappearance broke on TV, she instantly recognized Dulce as the child she saw at the City Park playground three days earlier, chasing around with her younger brother while their mother watched from her car.”
As I can't read the article is your quote all it reported? And does this mean Ms. Suggs saw Dulce the day she disappeared or 3 days earlier than that? I can't see the date of the interview. I'm trying to understand if this was a habit of watching the kids play from the car or if we only know of the day of the abduction that this was the case? I also noticed the article starts to address Ms. Suggs business then I can't read anymore, is this just explaining what and why she was at the park or is this a promotion for her business? Clarification is appreciated.

As I can't read the article is your quote all it reported? And does this mean Ms. Suggs saw Dulce the day she disappeared or 3 days earlier than that? I can't see the date of the interview. I'm trying to understand if this was a habit of watching the kids play from the car or if we only know of the day of the abduction that this was the case? I also noticed the article starts to address Ms. Suggs business then I can't read anymore, is this just explaining what and why she was at the park or is this a promotion for her business? Clarification is appreciated.

Suggs is a child advocate. No promotion. She reportedly saw, her own words, Dulce and Manuel at the park the Friday prior. She has been quoted in two articles here on ws. She never has said she saw them 9/16.

I think it is safe to ascertain from given info that at least two times mom has been in car while children played.

Editing : no. It was a very good in depth article not only about the case but the fear within the community.

Last edited:
except the one about what her daughter was wearing, which she couldn't remember from when she last saw her 3-10 minutes earlier.

Perhaps nervousness (press conferences, interviews, etc) play a role?

If you listen to the 911 audio, she speaks very well and answers the questions the 911 operator and police officer asked her very quickly/clearly without any noticeable difficulties.

except the one about what her daughter was wearing, which she couldn't remember from when she last saw her 3-10 minutes earlier.

That makes sense to me. In high stress situations that’s not information that your brain recalls easily. I wasn’t surprised that she couldn’t recall that info. She even asked in Spanish to someone there with her if they knew. But if we are to say that the camera makes her nervous, we would have to believe that reporting your child kidnapped would exacerbate that same nervousness/fear to level 10.

I would agree that this was planned and they were followed to the park or a car was waiting for them at the park, knowing they would be there around that time as they had been oftentimes before.

Yes - the point of my question is that if no one remembers seeing her at all that day, that could point to a speculation that they may have been stalked and followed from home to ice cream to the park....and grabbed right away before anyone had a chance to notice her.

This would also make the street cam/all cam videos super important. If my theory is right, this is no opportunistic grab and go. This was planned, and they were followed to the park. If I'm right, video somewhere should hopefully show this.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Thank you!! I was trying to think of the brand of suede work boots that I often look at in Marshall's or similar and think, "Those are pretty orange, for what I'm imagining are supposed to be tan boots..." Of course they are Timberland.

Also, in French there are different verb tenses for third person singular and third person plural ("we", "they"), and it takes a devilish long time to pick them up in every scenario. Any chance that Spanish has a similar grammatical setup? Then confusion between individual people ("he"), and groups of people ("they"), could be the result of a translation mistake by either the transcriber of Noemi's words or Noemi herself. I had a friend from Morocco in college, she was absolutely fluent in English, but whenever she got angry, the speech part of her brain broke down and she could only think in French, by her own admission. Maybe Noemi is the same with Spanish when agitated.

It's also by no means an uncommon situation in NYC, that Hispanic immigrant families learn fluent English after they go places where the kids have to become fluent in English; and thus teach the parents. Maybe Noemi taught her parents. The fact that she was reviewing her little sister's homework, might reflect that her parents aren't fluent enough in written English to do it justice.
I don't mean to derail the thread, but the same cousin I mentioned in another post a page back- I told her I was going to take French the next year in junior high school. She told me not to bother, that they don't teach over here the correct dialect, and that there are several dialects and it wouldn't be advantageous to learn it. I also know that Spanish has quite a few different dialects as well.

Edited to add- I totally agree with the verbs and tenses. She made a few mistake in her interviews- saying "she didn't saw" instead of "she didn't see". Very common mistake.

Suggs is a child advocate. No promotion. She reportedly saw, her own words, Dulce and Manuel at the park the Friday prior. She has been quoted in two articles here on ws. She never has said she saw them 9/16.

I think it is safe to ascertain from given info that at least two times mom has been in car while children played.

Editing : no. It was a very good in depth article not only about the case but the fear within the community.
Thank you.

OMG, my hubby spent many months hospitalized, long recovery. Each time I frantically called 911 after he came home I realized I do not do well answering a spur of the moment question under such pressure. Not that I don't know the answer, I just draw a complete blank on the weirdest things under pressure. I fully understand.

I don’t know a ton about how tracking dogs are trained, but it would make sense to me if the reported hour the dogs tracked her scent would be a normal time needed for them to find her scent and fully “vet” the immediate area. In other words, the dogs may have eventually only found Dulce’s scent from the car to the playground and around the playground and adjoining couple of buildings- but it took an hour.

MOO.

I don't know. Bloodhounds move pretty quickly. Maybe the tracker on this thread can give us some insight. I guess terrain might be a significant factor in the pace of the tracking...they have mentioned dense woods around the park.

I don't think she was at the playground area long enough for the dog to take an hour to track her only there. I sure would like to know where the bloodhound lost the scent.

It looks like Dulce's non-custodial mother had 3 children, and 2 of the fathers were not citizens in the USA. They were illegally in the country. Custody is an issue with the father of Dulce, the oldest, He was 19 years old when his daughter was born (posted upthread). The father of her unborn child is on immigration radar after her older daughter vanished - although he is not yet deported.

What happens with situations like this - where a 13 year old child of Mexican immigrants in the states is pregnant by Mexican men? Do the fathers have child custody rights from the beginning, or are they behind the 8 ball because they are not USA citizens?

I don't know. Bloodhounds move pretty quickly. Maybe the tracker on this thread can give us some insight. I guess terrain might be a significant factor in the pace of the tracking...they have mentioned dense woods around the park.

I don't think she was at the playground area long enough for the dog to take an hour to track her only there. I sure would like to know where the bloodhound lost the scent.

I sure would like to know what direction they took. Hypothetically, if there is a trail between the playground and the bridge, her body could be on the other side of the road - on the other side of the crosswalk.

upload_2019-10-5_0-39-41.png

upload_2019-10-5_0-40-3.png

What routes lead from the playground to the trails?

upload_2019-10-5_0-41-13.png

It looks like Dulce's non-custodial mother had 3 children, and 2 of the fathers were not citizens in the USA. They were illegally in the country. Custody is an issue with the father of Dulce, the oldest, He was 19 years old when his daughter was born (posted upthread). The father of her unborn child is on immigration radar after her older daughter vanished - although he is not yet deported.

What happens with situations like this - where a 13 year old child of Mexican immigrants in the states is pregnant by Mexican men? Do the fathers have child custody rights from the beginning, or are they behind the 8 ball because they are not USA citizens?

Since the Mom is a U.S. citizen, assuming the men are 18 or over, they would have to address the matter of rape before any custody would be granted, and I doubt it would be. MOO

Since the Mom is a U.S. citizen, assuming the men are 18 or over, they would have to address the matter of rape before any custody would be granted, and I doubt it would be. MOO

Good point. A 19 year old Mexican man who was illegally in the USA got a 13 year old child pregnant. A man like that should not have custody of little girls, including his daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova