AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were two dozen people playing basketball at that outdoor basketball court - they were probably concentrating on playing basketball and not standing over by the side close to the playground intently staring down into the playground. The court is on a raised area.

And 24 guys playing basketball make a good bit of noise.

Police dog was a bloodhound. The dog her brother brought is a pit bull mix.

Okay, thank you. There are some police K-9 pitties and therapy dogs. They are a wonderful breed. (I've rescued 3.) But they aren't known for an exceptional nose. :) jmoo

I'm wondering why the delay calling 911? Maybe for some reason the Mom wasn't overly concerned at first?? It doesn't sound like it raised suspicions enough to cause the b-ball players to stop the game and call 911 themselves.

To address this, my mistake for thinking the "their" in the original post referred to the police and their dog. A point here though about the bloodhound is that he did follow a lead for an hour - if Dulce ran off and someone chased her, perhaps that offers a reason for such a long tracking time. It's less than 5 minutes from the playground to where a vehicle might have been parked behind the buildings. Tracking would have gone from playground to area where she was put in a vehicle. Just another oddity. IMO

I find that peculiar also. It seems any adult chasing a 5 year old would not take much time to overtake the child. moo

Do we know where it ended up? As far as I know bloodhound can actually follow someone even if this someone is in the car, although of course it's harder.
Nope- no clue where ended or if went around in circles even. Beginning at the playground is obvious, I'd say. But to where?

According to @Trackergd scent would have been lost once Dulce was placed in a vehicle and driven away. Perhaps best if he clarifies this.

I know I read the amber alert was updated to say unknown vehicle - I noticed this morning the digital billboards have been updated as well.
I thought the reason they waited to issue the amber alert was because they needed a vehicle - I guess since it is already issued they no longer need a vehicle attached to it?
Ugh I was really hoping they were holding back info now I’m not so sure

To address this, my mistake for thinking the "their" in the original post referred to the police and their dog. A point here though about the bloodhound is that he did follow a lead for an hour - if Dulce ran off and someone chased her, perhaps that offers a reason for such a long tracking time. It's less than 5 minutes from the playground to where a vehicle might have been parked behind the buildings. Tracking would have gone from playground to area where she was put in a vehicle. Just another oddity. IMO

I don’t know a ton about how tracking dogs are trained, but it would make sense to me if the reported hour the dogs tracked her scent would be a normal time needed for them to find her scent and fully “vet” the immediate area. In other words, the dogs may have eventually only found Dulce’s scent from the car to the playground and around the playground and adjoining couple of buildings- but it took an hour.

MOO.

The only one saying that grown men chased little kids or took Dulce is the dispatcher. She seems to be making assumptions based on mother's rather confusing statement.
Obviously none of this made it into Amber alert so presumably authorities didn't find that credible.

thanks for this! I was getting so completely confused trying to sort out who "they" were. I was certain I missed some sort of break in the case.

If there were two dozen people playing basketball at that outdoor basketball court - they were probably concentrating on playing basketball and not standing over by the side close to the playground intently staring down into the playground. The court is on a raised area.

And 24 guys playing basketball make a good bit of noise.

That's an awful lot of players in the game at once. I suspect there were only half this number actually on the court and that the rest were standing on the sideline waiting for a chance to switch on, or they were friends, companions and kids of the players. I believe there could have been some who saw something.

If the basketball players became aware that a child was missing, I believe that most of them would have gone into response mode. A missing child report has a huge impact on people. They wouldn't brush it off. Even a dropped contact lens will bring a game to a dead stop and many will scour the field looking for that which was missing. How much moreso for a missing child?

I find that peculiar also. It seems any adult chasing a 5 year old would not take much time to overtake the child. moo

Especially as the children were probably stationary. When my 4 year old and almost 2 year old eat ice-cream in the park they stop moving, no climbing on the frames or swinging. Just totally engrossed in their ice-cream until it’s gone.

Operator: 911 what is your emergency?
Caller: I can’t find my daughter.
Operator: When was the last time you seen her?
Caller: We were, we were with her at the park and people say that somebody, probably somebody took her.
Operator: Ok how old is she?
Caller: She’s five years old.
Operator: Ok and what park are you at?
Caller: Here in Bridgeton Park.
Operator: OK where in the Bridgeton Park are you?
Caller: Umm... The one with the basketball court where the high school is.
Operator: Ah OK so you’re at the basketball courts behind the high school?
Caller: Yes.
Operator: Ok, and what was she seen last wearing?
Caller: (pauses) …She was wearing um…, umm, give me a second (speaks to another person in Spanish). I don’t remember what clothes she was wearing, but she was wearing, I just remember her pants, she was wearing like a flower, flowery pants, and some heels, some white heels.
Operator: Ok ma’am stay on the line I will transfer you over to the police.
Operator: And you said she was five correct?
Caller: Yes.
Police: Hello ma’am, did you she which direction your child went?
Caller: No we were in the car she, she came down with my son. They were running to the park and then me and my sister we came down. So whe, whe, when we got here at the park she wasn’t here. They said, they said that my son was just crying with his ice cream, because somebody spilled his ice cream on the floor and my daughter just ran away.
Police: OK hold on.
Police: Alright, you didn’t see anyone else around there that she could have possibly went with?
Caller: No not… not that I know of, cause we just don’t know. There’s just some other people that.., they are here that say that they saw her running. Running through um…,Through some houses in the back. And they, they said that they saw two pers… they saw two men. They saw a black guy and they saw a Mexican man with two kids.
Police: So who’s saying, who’s saying that, who’s saying they saw them?
Caller: There’s people here in the basketball court, that they saw her, they said that they saw her running.
Police: They’re saying that there’s people there at the basketball court, that they saw her running through some houses with two black males.
What colour top did she have on?
Caller: Um... I don’t remember.
Police: Are you at the basketball court?
Caller: Yes I`m right here right now.
Police: And do you have your son with you or is your son…
Caller: No, I have my son with me. They say he was crying when we found him. He was just standing there crying.
Police: he was standing there crying so who… you said that the black males took his ice cream?
Caller: No they threw it on the floor.
Police: So the two males took his ice cream and threw it on the floor, and then they left with your daughter?
Caller: Probably, cause I didn’t saw it. When we came in and look for her we were looking everywhere for her and we couldn’t find her.
Officer arrives on scene.

ETA:

What i don't like about this call (and it's only a small point and is noticeable in her interviews, too) is she fails to use Dulce's name freely and without prompt throughout.

Last edited:
Update from Prosecutor, Friday 10/4:

Despite receiving more than 1,000 tips from around the country, investigating more than 500 vehicles, searching more than 200 locations and checking in with sex offenders throughout Cumberland County, authorities said Friday that the search for a missing 5-year-old New Jersey girl has borne no fruit.

County prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McRae also acknowledged that one of the key leads that police have been chasing -- that the girl was taken by a man in a red van -- could be wrong.

"I am not wed to the red vehicle. The witness that gave us that information is a child of tender years," Webb-McRae said, adding that people should still not discount the possibility of a red van.

"In the absence of physical evidence indicating that Dulce has been physically harmed, we remain hopeful and continue to act under the premise that she is alive," Webb-McRae said.

1,000 Tips, 500 Vehicle Checks -- and No Sign of Abducted NJ Girl

"If you are a part of the undocumented immigrant community, you don't have to be fearful of providing information. Our governor, as well as our attorney general, have reiterated what we have already said: In New Jersey, if you are a witness, law enforcement cannot and will not ask you about your immigration status," she said.

Those who may continue to be apprehensive can send tips anonymously by texting TIP411 with "Bridgeton" in the text line, the prosecutor added.

"To date, we are still searching for that key piece of information that we need to lead us to Dulce or to the circumstances surrounding her disappearance," Webb-McRae said.

Last edited:
Another version of the update from the Prosecutor, 10/4:

"We are still searching for that key piece of information that we need to lead us to Dulce or to the circumstances surrounding her disappearance," Cumberland County Prosecutor Jennifer Webb-McCrae said at a press conference Friday afternoon.

She implored the public to contact officials with any piece of information that may help, including seeing a child that looks like Dulce or observing that a person they know may have been behaving differently within the last two weeks.

"No piece of information is too small or too insignificant," Webb-McCrae said.

The man is described as wearing a black shirt and red pants with orange sneakers, and had a thin build, acne and no facial hair. Webb-McCrae said her office still wants to speak with him, but would not comment further. Bridgeton Chief of Police Michael Gaimari said no one has been cleared in the investigation.

"Until the child is located and we can determine what happened to the child, nobody has been cleared," Gaimari said.

Webb-McCrae said she still remains hopeful Dulce is alive because no evidence has come forward to prove otherwise. She noted that it is possible Dulce may no longer be in the Cumberland County area or even the state of New Jersey, but numerous law enforcement agencies are working on the case.

Authorities still looking for 'key' information on missing 5-year-old girl

Anyone with information on Dulce's whereabouts is urged to call the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit at 1-609-882-2000 ext. 2554, the Bridgeton Police Department at 1-856-451-0033, or to immediately dial 911. For an anonymous tip line, people can text TIP411 with the word "Bridgeton."

Now we have two actors and Dulce running. Is it possible that she ran from the men after they threw down the brothers ice cream? Is she hiding? Frightened children hide and sometimes do not respond when searchers call their name. In many cases they are frightened of the searchers if they are wearing military or LE looking uniforms, notably if they have learned distrust of LE. One actor had kids? That's not exactly a mobile scenario if you are trying to abduct a child. You can only move as fast as the slowest child. If we discount vehicles and assume the actors were on foot, they could not have gotten very far and would had to go to ground given the mass media coverage and LE activity.

Second, why take Dulce and not the boy? Why would they knock down the ice cream if all they wanted was to grab Dulce? Does not make sense. If it was an abduction, it appears Dulce was the target.

Third, how and why did the dispatcher insert additional information/speculation when transferring information to responding officers? Was there a prior 911 call moments before the mothers that we are unaware of and they already had some information?

Last, with the FBI involved, why has the FBI BAU or State Police version not given a press conference with a clear description of the actor(s) and some behavioral information to assist the public. Curious if local LE has been given a profile.

Even if local LE is befuddled and over their heads, the FBI would not be. There are a lot of red flags on the flagpole.

Since a 5 year old girl is missing, and her 3 year old brother was left alone, I think the suspect wanted a little girl. It's easy to understand the motive when a girl is abducted by an unknown man at a playground. It's the same reason that a female jogger is abducted at the side of the road.

I think a 5 year old could be carried away quite easily. I would be surprised if the suspect had children with him during the abduction.

Regarding the confusing information surrounding the abduction, my impression is that no one who saw the abduction realized what was happening, so memories are probably muddy.

The first story is probably the most accurate. The 3 and 5 year old were alone at the playground, they were approached by a suspect, the 3 year old's ice cream was knocked to the ground, the 5 year old was taken away. The crying 3 year old ran to the parking lot, where his mother was sitting in her car. The mother or 8 year old went to the playground, found the ice cream on the ground and could not find Dulce. The 3 year old pointed towards the red/white building to indicate where Dulce went. I can't see Dulce running far in the shoes that she was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne966