GUILTY NJ - Erica Crippen Crosby, 26, Mount Laurel, 30 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyle J. Crosby was charged Tuesday morning with one count of Murder for causing the death of his wife, 26-year-old Erica Crippen. Crosby’s bail is set at $1 million and he is being held at the Burlington County Jail.

Erica Crippen’s body has still not been located, but investigators are pursuing additional leads with respect to her whereabouts. In the trunk of the vehicle being driven by Crosby, investigators found several items they believe have evidential value in connection to her disappearance.

Crosby will appear in Superior Court today at 3 p.m.

Her husband's last post was on January 2nd with the message: "I need a babysitter for the girls! Does anyone know a reliable one? Please let me know.

Officers with the Mount Laurel Police Department were sent to the couple’s home on January 7th for a wellness check after the older child failed to report to school that week.
Investigators said Crosby signed a missing person report that day indicating he had not seen his wife since New Year’s Day.

Further investigation led to a charge against Crosby filed on January 10th for Endangering the Welfare of a Child due to the level of care he provided to the children in the absence of his wife. Investigators say the existence of that charge allowed law enforcement officers to execute the traffic stop Monday and detain Crosby.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ssing-mt-laurel-woman-charged-with-her-death/
http://6abc.com/news/husband-charged-in-murder-of-missing-mt-laurel-woman/472529/

Thank you JerseyGirl

Here's my take on all of this (speculation):

It all fell apart once he (I can barely type these words) murdered Erica!

He wasn't able to keep up the façade, that she was "just missing" (my description) because there was evidence to be dealt with.

Erica was gainfully employed and also studying medicine. Yet, by all accounts she's managed to run her household and run it well (see earlier reports and interview with family - the chaotic scene they found was out of character).

He had Erica's family on him immediately. He wasn't able to care for the girls, handle the mess he'd made (which wasn't a mess, dang it it was MURDER! Ugh!), and still keep his addiction(s) in check.

He's no multi-tasker (nor a genius). :tantrum:

It is clear to me who was the mature adult and primary parent in their relationship. Erica was the glue that held this family together. It was her love, her effort, it was HER that made things work. Without her there, KC couldn't hold it together.

His initial questioning was a missed opportunity by LE - IMO. It allowed him to hide out and numb away what he had done. The only silver lining I see is the girls were in a safe place. It does not undo any of their suffering (past, present or future).

I hope LE can extract Erica's location ASAP. I'm on the :fence: as to whether or not this guy will just give the info up. After almost three years into the search for Sierra, I am unable to predict such things.

She was his wife. I hope that means something. His daughters deserve the opportunity to say goodbye (as well as her family).

Mind boggling when you really think about all of this.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:( I'm very sad this was the outcome. I totally agree with everything you're saying. Despite her family's opinions about him, she still married him because she loved him. It's hard when you're in a DV situation. They knew each other for a long time apparently and you think you really know someone, but you don't. The people that say they'll change or clean up their ways, rarely dont. I'm also a victim of DV and I'm proud that I got out when I could... for others they don't realize they're in a situation to begin with. I hope he goes to jail without parole or they seek death penalty. The LE shouldn't have let him go the first time.

Crippen's Facebook page is filled with photos of her two daughters, ages 7 and 3 months, and loving messages.

There are also many photos of Crippen and her husband, with captions that hint at both loving and troubled times.

One caption with an intimate photo from September reads, "This is how we be cuddling ... My husband, my love, my everything."

Another post, from October, alludes to challenges: "Sometimes you think having someone in the physical is all you need. Only if Life didn't have curves, jumps, and hurdles ... Let's Pray a little more and little harder!"

Crippen also posted dozens of inspirational messages and other quotes on her page.

A haunting message posted in September reads, in part: "A real man never hurts a woman. Be very careful when you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears."

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...and-charged-killing-mt-laurel-woman/21691499/

I think it's interesting they posted his house address in the article.... I bet he's going to get hate mail or something..

Yeah I know. I looked it up afterwards... well I hope he gets the maximum sentence.

Crippen's Facebook page is filled with photos of her two daughters, ages 7 and 3 months, and loving messages.

There are also many photos of Crippen and her husband, with captions that hint at both loving and troubled times.

One caption with an intimate photo from September reads, "This is how we be cuddling ... My husband, my love, my everything."

Another post, from October, alludes to challenges: "Sometimes you think having someone in the physical is all you need. Only if Life didn't have curves, jumps, and hurdles ... Let's Pray a little more and little harder!"

Crippen also posted dozens of inspirational messages and other quotes on her page.

A haunting message posted in September reads, in part: "A real man never hurts a woman. Be very careful when you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears."

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...and-charged-killing-mt-laurel-woman/21691499/

The story was just updated. KC was addicted to Percocet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a form of oxycodone? :findinglink:

(snip)

Police were frequently called to the Mount Laurel condo unit where Erica Crippen and Kyle Crosby lived, a neighbor said Tuesday, hours after Crosby was charged with killing his wife.
Investigators were back again Tuesday afternoon — this time, to collect evidence at the complex on the 5200 block of Aberdeen Drive.
About a half-dozen officers walked in and out of the couple's condo. One officer was carrying a forensics kit, wearing blue gloves and carrying brown bags and an envelope. Outside, a K9 searched the property.

ETA:

Oxycodone/Acetaminophen (By mouth) - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0011543/

(there are other trade names for this Rx, I believe it is aka Roxicodone or "Roxy" - :notgood:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow.....I would have guessed some kind of "upper" addiction like meth from the looks of the guys face.....moo.

I was tempted for a second to go to the court house today to shout obscenities at him, but.....

I hope his parental rights are terminated for that sweet little baby girl's sake.

This is so horribly sad. I live in Burlington County, and have been following this on the news and online.
I agree that his parental rights should be terminated. That child should not have to grow up with a monster for a father.
My prayers go out to Erica and her family, and that she is found.

Where did he put the mother of his children???? Heartless!!!

He is being held in the Burlington County Jail. Bail was set at $1.2 million. Crosby showed little emotion as the charges against him were laid out in court for the first time. One count of murder and two counts of child endangerment.

Erica Crippen's body has still not been located.

Erica's family came to court looking for answers on Tuesday. But they didn't learn much during her husband's short first appearance.

http://6abc.com/news/husband-charged-in-murder-of-missing-mt-laurel-woman/472529/

So now the search is on for Erica's body. Police say it could be anywhere between here and Baltimore. "He was gone for five days and we've verified by various surveillance and other means that he was as far away as Baltimore, Maryland and places in Delaware."

Erica's family says they are willing to forgive Crosby. They just want him to lead police to her body so they can bring her home.

Law enforcement sources say he is not cooperating.

hehe...my nephew got jury duty at this time.....he is NOT talking about what case....boo..........but wise I guess.

So now the search is on for Erica's body. Police say it could be anywhere between here and Baltimore. "He was gone for five days and we've verified by various surveillance and other means that he was as far away as Baltimore, Maryland and places in Delaware."

Erica's family says they are willing to forgive Crosby. They just want him to lead police to her body so they can bring her home.

Law enforcement sources say he is not cooperating.

IMO she looks so sad in this photo. She's smiling not in a way that looks like she's having a good time, but looks like she wants so much to believe that this time, the good times will last. Like it is too good to be true.

JMO, of course.

The story was just updated. KC was addicted to Percocet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not a form of oxycodone? :findinglink:

(snip)

Police were frequently called to the Mount Laurel condo unit where Erica Crippen and Kyle Crosby lived, a neighbor said Tuesday, hours after Crosby was charged with killing his wife.
Investigators were back again Tuesday afternoon — this time, to collect evidence at the complex on the 5200 block of Aberdeen Drive.
About a half-dozen officers walked in and out of the couple's condo. One officer was carrying a forensics kit, wearing blue gloves and carrying brown bags and an envelope. Outside, a K9 searched the property.

Psychiatric side effects of oxycodone reported include paranoia, psychosis, and hallucinations; also depression is a side effect...

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/percocet-side-effects.html

I wonder from the time he got released from jail, when he started taking drugs again? Maybe the initial withdrawal from drugs made him mean and agitated, because you can have serious mood swings from abusing these drugs... Honestly, he looked like he was addicted to steroids since he was all about maintaining his physique.

every time i see his photo, i keep trying to figure out where i know him from... i saw that we had a lot of mutual friends between us even though i live in Bergen County..probably at some random club in the Sicklerville area...

omg i am so disgusted.. he sold her clothing for drugs! what a sicko!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ned-After-Police-Chase-Sources-288343911.html

kylecrosby11.jpg

"The family told NBC10 Kyle Crosby battled drug addiction and had gone on a drug binge in Camden with another woman after Erica went missing. According to the family, Crosby and the woman sold some of Erica's clothing for drugs."

The woman who FB Messaged police still was wearing some of Erica's clothes... :gaah: SMH sick people

They're desperate... they want to find her body, so I feel like they will say anything to get their wishes granted.

According to justmugshots.com, Kyle was arrested 3 times prior to this arrest.. twice in Camden in August & September 2010, then in September 2011...

The 2011 arrest was for burglary, assault, and trying to elude the police/resisting arrest...same for the August 2010 arrest. The Sept 2010 arrest dealt with drugs.. he had possession of 4 diff drugs and possession of marijuana...

https://www.justmugshots.com/new-jersey/camden/1968143

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory
Back