Found Deceased NJ - Mark Schlegel, 57, Oradell, 13 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are a boutique agency in NYC -very well respected. I am in the industry. Most agents work off commission. Even if they have a modest salary the bulk of their income is commission.

I guess it varies regarding the salary issue. The people I know in the industry do not get commission, they get a flat salary. Perhaps it's different bc the people I am referring to work for a large bicoastal agency.

So can you confirm if it's just him and his partner who are agents at their company?

I guess it varies regarding the salary issue. The people I know in the industry do not get commission, they get a flat salary. Perhaps it's different bc the people I am referring to work for a large bicoastal agency.

So can you confirm if it's just him and his partner who are agents at their company?

There is the owner (Last name Stone) and him and another agent.

Who can tell me about "dissociative fugue" and does could that be the cause of Mark's disappearance?

Who can tell me about "dissociative fugue" and does could that be the cause of Mark's disappearance?
I was just about to suggest some sort of mental illness- whether new or willfully untreated- as an explanation.
This is from webmd: "Symptoms of dissociative fugue might include the following: Sudden and unplanned travel away from home. Inability to recall past events or important information from the person's life. Confusion or loss of memory about his or her identity, possibly assuming a new identity to make up for the loss."
Sounds like a good theory!!

Very rare and unlikely, IMO, unless he has a known deteriorating condition, or recent head injury, or severe trauma.

My mind keeps focusing on a "sudden medical crisis" theory that made him disoriented. Whatever info his family is holding back will fill in the gaps and make the entire disappearance make sense because nothing makes any sense. How do the police have no leads? If he is still alive he is no longer in NJ or anywhere near NJ.

My mind keeps focusing on a "sudden medical crisis" theory that made him disoriented. Whatever info his family is holding back will fill in the gaps and make the entire disappearance make sense because nothing makes any sense. How do the police have no leads? If he is still alive he is no longer in NJ or anywhere near NJ.

Maybe they aren't holding any info back?

Maybe they aren't holding any info back?

I feel like there has to be more to this story. The few details provided leave more questions than answers. The gift bag and going for a walk.... was that what the wife was told by her husband or was this the neighbors eyewitness account? Was it within the norm for him to take a walk?

The way his new FB homepage was described tells you something--kissing a photo--and that image was left behind hours before his departure? I can't see the photo, but I would say this man decided to do something serious in response to a medical or mental problem. He could be lost among the street people of NYC--or something more final. He made a decision.

Maybe he had been having an affair, his wife found out so he was trying to break it off and took his very upset wife to Scotland trying to fix the marriage, if you have ever been through this it is a nightmare for both parties, he realized that he couldn't live without the other person, bought her a very special gift from Scotland and deciding his old life was over left his wallet and phone boarded a bus and said goodbye to everything in his former life including his job and family. I have seen this happen to two of my friends husbands, both very nice guys, met up with women who weren't even attractive, they completely controlled the men almost like they brainwashed them, they never went back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he had been having an affair, his wife found out so he was trying to break it off and took his very upset wife to Scotland to try and fix the marriage but realized that he couldn't live without the other person, bought her a very special gift from Scotland and deciding his old life was over left his wallet and phone boarded a bus and said goodbye to former life including his job and is enjoying his new life.

If you knew Mark you'd know that wasn't in his nature.

I don't understand why folks assume the gift bag contained an actual GIFT. It could've contained anything - from a gun for suicide (God forbid), a wad of cash, a change of clothes, a second laptop and cell phone or bizarre items if he was in a strange mental state.

Or it could've indeed had a gift.

Some women seem to have the power to draw the nicest, most committed men away from their family and friends and in the blink of an eye it is as if they never loved their wife or children and want nothing to do with them, it is bizarre because they had always been loving and loyal.

True, but I've learned from personal experience that every individual has a side to them that people don't know about or wouldn't believe based on that persons character. Trust & believe everyone has secrets and skeletons in their closet.

A lot of times when people go missing their family and friends say "they would never do that" in regards to leaving their families, committing suicide, having an affair, etc. Sometimes it's because the family is in denial, other times it's because the MP was able to put on a show and hide things from their loved ones, and sometimes it's true that the MP truly did not do such things. It's really hard to tell. Don't underestimate people's abilities to put on a show for others.

Yes, seeing the outpouring of love from all who knew him is heartwarming. I'm sure we could come up with endless nightmare scenarios about what happened, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he is found. Again my heart goes out to his family and friends!!! 💟💟💟

Maybe he was deep in debt? Loan sharks? Threatening to come to his house ? He runs out with whatever cash he has, meets them at a bus stop and gets in a car and it doesn't go well?

Some women seem to have the power to draw the nicest, most committed men away from their family and friends and in the blink of an eye it is as if they never loved their wife or children and want nothing to do with them, it is bizarre because they had always been loving and loyal.

Some men can do that too. Crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly