GUILTY NJ - Patricia Belizaire, 24, murdered, North Brunswick, 21 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they are not releasing the girls' identity to the public at this time....
'Police sources say they are concerned about the mother's safety and do not believe she abandoned her child voluntarily.' As many have thought. Prayers for mom, baby, and family, hopefully more will come to light. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7294836

That makes me even MORE concerned it is the mom found in NY :( Remember, when I spoke with the officer this morning he told me they were "already" talking with NY police as they (NY) contacted them...and my conversation was specific to the woman found burned.

I'm so glad they know who she is and I hope she can recover and not remember being locked in the bathroom, My neighbors son is 6 and he came over a few days ago to play with my son he would not shut the bathroom door all the way, His older sister came to get him later she said her mom had to go to the school because some boy had locked him in the bathroom and he is still scared. So I hope this child don't remember it. I am very glad Mariah is okay and safe as well. Wonderful news :)

Oh I'm so glad they know who she is. Now if we can just get her mom back safely from whatever happened to her. And just one great family member to help out in the mean time.

Please God!

Oh I'm so glad they know who she is. Now if we can just get her mom back safely from whatever happened to her. And just one great family member to help out in the mean time.

Please God!

Someone must have given credible info as to who the child is....and for the police to say she was not abandoned probably means that the child came from a situation in which the "tipster" conveyed to the police that the mom feared for her life. This whole situation makes me so very sad. I can only hope and pray that the mom will be rescued in whatever situation she could be in and rejoined with her daughter....and that the woman in the park is not the mom.

I would bet that her name is Patricia. I know some speculated that it might be the name of a child or loved one, but in my experience, name tattoos across the bottom of the back are usually one's own name.

If the cases are related, there's the possibility the murderer could have killed the mother first, then driven to the gas station where he locked the little girl in the restroom rather than kill her, too.

It's a long drive to that gas station from Monsey, New York.

Someone must have given credible info as to who the child is....and for the police to say she was not abandoned probably means that the child came from a situation in which the "tipster" conveyed to the police that the mom feared for her life. This whole situation makes me so very sad. I can only hope and pray that the mom will be rescued in whatever situation she could be in and rejoined with her daughter....and that the woman in the park is not the mom.

hi lavanda

where does it say she wasn't abandoned?

I didn't see that part

hi lavanda

where does it say she wasn't abandoned?

I didn't see that part

Originally Posted by Snackcakes66
they are not releasing the girls' identity to the public at this time....
'Police sources say they are concerned about the mother's safety and do not believe she abandoned her child voluntarily.' As many have thought. Prayers for mom, baby, and family, hopefully more will come to light. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7294836

I would bet that her name is Patricia. I know some speculated that it might be the name of a child or loved one, but in my experience, name tattoos across the bottom of the back are usually one's own name.

I'd have to agree with that. I would think if it was a loved one it would be on another part of her body.

I agree too. Fact is, I freaked when I found my daughter got a tattoo of her own name on her arm! I'm like "what's with that?"....not too mention I am anti-tattoo's as it is! Later after babies she had both her kids names done as wings (scrolled names) on an angel. Now how could I gripe about that? lol

If the girl has been identified, whoever id'd her must know her mothers name. I can't think of any scenarios where someone would know a 2 year olds name, and not the mothers name, or at least a family members name, such as a grandparent. She is not old enough to be in school, so it can't be a case of another students parent calling in the tip saying that is so and so from my childs class.

I wonder if it was her mom, but couldn't they get a positive ID based on the tat? or do they have to do it via dentals.

I don't know if they are related. IF the two jurisdictions were just waiting on positive ID, why would NY offer the 5000 reward for "Patricia" doe's identity?

Now I am thinking maybe patricia is not this childs mother, but the childs mother can not be found. I would think if that were the case, a new missing persons report should be forthcoming for this childs mother.

jmo

If the girl has been identified, whoever id'd her must know her mothers name. I can't think of any scenarios where someone would know a 2 year olds name, and not the mothers name, or at least a family members name, such as a grandparent. She is not old enough to be in school, so it can't be a case of another students parent calling in the tip saying that is so and so from my childs class.

I wonder if it was her mom, but couldn't they get a positive ID based on the tat? or do they have to do it via dentals.

I don't know if they are related. IF the two jurisdictions were just waiting on positive ID, why would NY offer the 5000 reward for "Patricia" doe's identity?

Now I am thinking maybe patricia is not this childs mother, but the childs mother can not be found. I would think if that were the case, a new missing persons report should be forthcoming for this childs mother.

jmo

Just wondering... If a relative identified the girl, especially a grandparent, why haven't they taken custody? Maybe it was a neighbor, but I thought LE received several tips.

Just wondering... If a relative identified the girl, especially a grandparent, why haven't taken custody? Maybe it was a neighbor, but I thought LE received several tips.

So far they have only said they know her name and that she is in a fosterhome.

Nothing about family coming forward, family being notified, guardianship being evaluated.

No missing persons bulletin for her mother who they have clearly said they think did not voluntarily abandon her.

The only thing I can figure is that they know the two situations are tied together but there is a big difference between knowing that and being able to state it at a investigative official statement.

If they are tied together I wonder if there was something at the crime scene in NY that gave them some info. They said items were gathered from the area??

jmo

I thought the same thing...but then I thought...what if a friend called police and said that is so and so's daughter and she feared for her life? As for the ID and Dentals, etc...they would have to get from family members so maybe that is the hold up too? Trying to locate family? This is a tough one...like I said..I'm leaning on it being the girl in the park as the mom only because of what the officer said to me before the media releases...Also, for 18..."patricia" is not really a "young persons name"...so that's another thought...course I believe the latest report stated that she may be older than 18 and waiting for med examiner. They would HAVE to know her soon enough with the gallbladder surgery and pressing the hospitals...I would think.

jmo

I can only think of two scenarios... NY law enforcement are still awaiting confirmation of some sort for the unidentified victim, or they have a solid lead on the murderer and don't want too much info released at this point (keeping the killer thinking that he or she is still unknown).

Sorry I screwed up your post impatientredhead...Insert sorry button!

So far they have only said they know her name and that she is in a fosterhome.

Nothing about family coming forward, family being notified, guardianship being evaluated.

No missing persons bulletin for her mother who they have clearly said they think did not voluntarily abandon her.

The only thing I can figure is that they know the two situations are tied together but there is a big difference between knowing that and being able to state it at a investigative official statement.

If they are tied together I wonder if there was something at the crime scene in NY that gave them some info. They said items were gathered from the area??[/QUOTE]

Thanks impatientredhead, this is all I have seen so far from news articles:

Some more info about the evidence at NY crime scene:

Snipped from news article:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100223/NEWS03/2230347/Girl/-s-corpse-found-on-fire-in-Monsey-park

A block north on Thomas Court, investigators found some items — possibly shoes and a blood-stained object — outside several houses near garbage cans left for collection.

Also read another article earlier today that mentioned a "small pair of shoes". I'll look for again, my puter's acting up now. If this was a small pair of shoes, I'd like to know if our sweet baby was wearing shoes when found at the gas station.

The articles I've read state that law enforcement still don't know what accelerant was used to start the fire...I wonder if they've thought to check local gas stations (there's a rather large station right off the Thruway exit) to see if anyone purchased a gas can and gas early Monday morning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back