Found Deceased NJ - Stephanie Parze, 25, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, 30 Oct 2019 *murderer commited suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anyone has watched the video where the prosecutor details the text messages and can summarize, that would be awesome.

Prosecutor said there were 10 unanswered text messages over the course of 17 minutes.
They ended with him calling her a “ fu*king cu** “ and he questioned why she “always needed to make their relationship suck.”
His defense attorney then objected and tried to separate the child *advertiser censored* charge from the disappearance of Stephanie Parze.

John Oz most obviously had anger management and self control issues imho.
Praying they find Stephanie soon. Such a tragedy all around.

I found it very telling from words of John Oz attorney after his death that Oz vehemently denied the child *advertiser censored* charges but NO MENTION twice of denial of being responsible for Stephanie Parze ( which imho is implication/ confirmation he murdered her)
Sad that John Oz is oldest brother/ sibling in his family.
Keeping both families in my prayers.
PLEASE FIND STEPHANIE!!!!

So I'll defend my post regarding JO's family, whom I know nothing about. I would assume that family loves their son and is grieving his death. Why would I not have compassion for the parents, who AFAIK had nothing to do with child *advertiser censored* or murder? We are a victim friendly site, that door does not just swing one-way.

Moving on ... I hope Stephanie's family does not have to continue searching for her on their own. No family should have to do that.
Totally agree with you @Knox

Further evidence of what a heartless ghoul JO was, is that he chose his parents' home to commit his final heinous act. He left them with a final, gut wrenching memory and also deprived them of their sanctuary from the shame and sorrow that he brought to them. MOO

If anyone has watched the video where the prosecutor details the text messages and can summarize, that would be awesome.
9 min of texts and FB messages (10 unanswered messages) sent by Suspect to SP:
Specific text mentioned by Prosecutor:
Suspect called SP a "fxxing Cxxt" and then asked "why does she always have to make their relationship suck"?

IMO the video of the scene in the courtroom is worth a watch if not just to see the Suspect and his blinking eyes which never seem to stop blinking. I have never ever seen persistent eye blinking like that and after seeing the general outlook and demeanor of the Suspect IMO it is very hard to believe the Defense Attys assessment that all was 'ok and fine' with the Suspect when he saw him the evening before he was found dead by hanging.

I wish the entire hearing video was available as it seems that the Prosecutor was trying hard to get the Judge to hold the Suspect but she didn't seem to have any grounds for her request which I simply find baffling? So hard to understand what LE had in the form of evidence at the time of the Court Appearance.

Entire situation is tragic.

MOO

Stephanie Parze’s Car Is at Home. So Is Her Phone. But She’s Missing.

Quotes from article:
Her car was in the driveway. Her phone was on the couch. Her dog was running around. Everything about Stephanie Parze’s home in New Jersey, her father says, seemed undisturbed — except that she was not there.

The last time her mother saw Ms. Parze, they had kissed goodbyeafter a night out with friends and family, according to a report. She asked her daughter to call or text when she got home. On the way, Ms. Parze sent her mother, Sharlene, a picture through Snapchat.

That was about two weeks ago, the night before Halloween. The family says they haven’t heard from her since. Ms. Parze, 25, had suddenly vanished.

“We don’t have any indication of any forced entry,” her father, Ed, told CNN.

Ex-boyfriend of missing woman sent her angry texts the night before she disappeared, prosecutor says

Quotes from article:

The on-again-off-again boyfriend of a missing Freehold Township woman sent her 10 unanswered angry texts the night before she went missing, prosecutors revealed Tuesday shortly before a judge ordered him released from jail on an unrelated child *advertiser censored* possession charge.

Monmouth County Assistant Prosecutor Caitlin Sidley told Superior Court Judge Paul X. Escandon about the derogatory texts on Tuesday while trying to convince him to keep John Ozbilgen in jail as authorities continue to search for Stephanie Parze, 25, of Freehold Township. Ozbilgen blamed Parze for the failed relationship in the profane texts, Sidley said.

“Detectives learned that this defendant was texting and Facebook messaging Parze the night before her disappearance," Sidley said. "Those messages spanned just over nine minutes long. There were 10 unanswered messages, concluding with calling Stephanie Parze (an expletive) and telling her that she ‘always has to make their relationship suck.’”

Detectives also noted marks around Ozbilgen’s neck while they were investigating Parze’s disappearance, Sidley said.

Ozbilgen was identified as a person of interest and a search warrant was executed on his phone, Sidley said. Detectives found two search terms on his browser related to child *advertiser censored*. Sidley said investigators also found an image of child *advertiser censored* on his phone and a new warrant was obtained to search Ozbilgen’s device for evidence of child *advertiser censored* in addition to the missing persons case.

Nine additional images were found of children as young as 3-years-old being sexually abused, Sidley said.

Ozbilgen, 29, has not been charged in the disappearance of Parze, who disappeared following a family outing in New Brunswick on Oct. 30. Her family said she never showed up to her nannying job the next day. Her cell phone and car were found at her home.

Ozbilgen and Parze listed on Facebook that they were in a relationship in August, though Parze’s page last listed her as single. Parze accused Ozbilgen of assaulting her in September. Ozbilgen’s court appearance on that charge - simple assault - had previously been postponed until Dec. 17.

Sidley noted additional domestic violence allegations against Ozbilgen from two other victims this year. She said he has an active restraining order against him from a previous “dating relationship” in New York City.

“(Ozbilgen’s) violence against women is borne out in his history as well as *advertiser censored* he seeks out of very young children. There are no conditions that can keep this community safe," Sidley said.

Ozbilgen was charged with one count of possession of child *advertiser censored*, a quantity of files under 1,000, earlier this month.

His attorney Robert Honecker Jr. said his client was relieved the judge granted his release on the child *advertiser censored* charge, while acknowledging that Ozbilgen remains a person of interest identified by police in Parze’s disappearance.

“He maintains his innocence in regard to the child *advertiser censored*. That count in and of itself didn’t rise to the level that he should be kept in custody,” Honecker said after the hearing. “He’s been held 11 days in jail on this.”

At one point during the hearing, Honecker objected to the prosecution using details from the missing persons case to advocate for Ozbilgen’s detention on the child *advertiser censored* charge.

Long Pond Park is made up of 115 acres of wetlands, woodlands and of course the pond which is fed by underground springs. The link below describes the topography of the park in much greater detail. LPP falls under the jurisdiction of the NYC Parks Department. LPP abuts the Mount Loretto North Preserve managed by the State of NY.

Staten Island hidden gem: What's in Long Pond Park Preserve?

Not sure if the marshlands in LPP are comparable to the better known Meadowlands in NJ, a well known final resting place for many victims of homicide, made even more infamous by The Sopranos.

IMO he was a lot more familiar with Long Pond Park than he was with Freehold, NJ.

Interested in knowing about the vehicles they processed and if they were able to collect and process any of his shoes or clothing that might be germane as to where he may have taken Stephanie.

It's so sad. I totally get it. Family wants to feel like they're not giving up, that they're dog the best they can for Stephanie, I'm sure. It's probably somewhat therapeutic (as much as it can be) for them too.

Other than the parks and neighborhoods in Freehold and Long Pond Park on Staten Island, where to look? Such a dauntless yet despairing task.

Look at everywhere his phone pinged.
I'd assume the now deceased poi's family will let LE look at his phone and through all of his SM ?
There must be a trail. If LE was able to determine that he was on Staten Island in a particular area for 6 hours...then where was he before and after that? Where was he during the exact hour Stephanie went missing? They have text message he sent to her that same evening.

I really hope they have more info than it appears they do. Family is searching? Are there any official searches still going on?

I am joining the search tomorrow but it us local (Freehold). I hesitated because the fact the (yes, intentional acronym) pinged at 3am to 9 am right after she went missing in the Staten Island woods. Nowhere near Freehold.

But then it occurred to me that although he wasn’t smart enough to delete child *advertiser censored* meta-data from his phone, he might be phone savvy enough to understand the police can track his phone. Accordingly, he could’ve easily left his phone right there in the wooded area and retrieved it the next day. I do not think this is far-fetched. In fact, I know everybody is going to say oh, he obviously was stupid as shown by having child *advertiser censored* on his phone, but I think that’s different. Someone may be unaware how to scrub their phone of metadata or searches, but everybody knows about GPS. Everyone, especially ’s age, knows that their cell phone location is visible. I would say he knew it. If that is the case, he would not have brought his phone with him and bring Stephanie to the woods.

Number two, if police were so sure he was stupid enough to have his phone on him in the woods for six hours, which is the exact average number of hours it takes to dig a grave, then why aren’t police searching the Staten Island woods every single day? Seems to me that if the police are sure the cell phone pinged all night in the woods in Staten Island woods, they must not be too sure he was actually with his phone. If they did, and they definitely believed he was with his phone in the woods all night, they would be searching the hell out of that area.

Also, someone on here said the area of that search would’ve been a lot to cover for a dog. A trained sniffer. That’s not the case. Yes, if you want to go inch by inch methodically, it will take a while. However, that’s not how it’s done. The dogs would be allowed to run loose and they would smell a cadaver while running around. If they didn’t, THEN the trainers would start from the beginning and go methodically over every inch. But I’m not aware of any dogs being set loose. Cadaver dogs. Has anyone heard anything about this?

In any event beside speculation, can anyone comment on the reliability or evidence of reliability of the cell phone pinging and the ’s Location? I haven’t been reading every single inch of the news. Also, because I will be searching locally tomorrow, what are your thoughts on local? We all know that she left her house without her phone. That was highly unusual of course and I think that means he either threatened her by gunpoint to get into the car (or maybe knife) it she agreed to go sit in the car with him and talk whereupon he took off before she could demur and go get her phone first. Or....he could have said “let’s go for a walk” and so any bad act could have taken place locally. Thoughts?

I am joining the search tomorrow but it us local (Freehold). I hesitated because the fact the *** (yes, intentional acronym) pinged at 3am to 9 am right after she went missing in the Staten Island woods. Nowhere near Freehold.

But then it occurred to me that although he wasn’t smart enough to delete child *advertiser censored* meta-data from his phone, he might be phone savvy enough to understand the police can track his phone. Accordingly, he could’ve easily left his phone right there in the wooded area and retrieved it the next day. I do not think this is far-fetched. In fact, I know everybody is going to say oh, he obviously was stupid as shown by having child *advertiser censored* on his phone, but I think that’s different. Someone may be unaware how to scrub their phone of metadata or searches, but everybody knows about GPS. Everyone, especially ***’s age, knows that their cell phone location is visible. I would say he knew it. If that is the case, he would not have brought his phone with him and bring Stephanie to the woods.

Number two, if police were so sure he was stupid enough to have his phone on him in the woods for six hours, which is the exact average number of hours it takes to dig a grave, then why aren’t police searching the Staten Island woods every single day? Seems to me that if the police are sure the cell phone pinged all night in the woods in Staten Island woods, they must not be too sure he was actually with his phone. If they did, and they definitely believed he was with his phone in the woods all night, they would be searching the hell out of that area.

Also, someone on here said the area of that search would’ve been a lot to cover for a dog. A trained sniffer. That’s not the case. Yes, if you want to go inch by inch methodically, it will take a while. However, that’s not how it’s done. The dogs would be allowed to run loose and they would smell a cadaver while running around. If they didn’t, THEN the trainers would start from the beginning and go methodically over every inch. But I’m not aware of any dogs being set loose. Cadaver dogs. Has anyone heard anything about this?

In any event beside speculation, can anyone comment on the reliability or evidence of reliability of the cell phone pinging and the ***’s Location? I haven’t been reading every single inch of the news. Also, because I will be searching locally tomorrow, what are your thoughts on local? We all know that she left her house without her phone. That was highly unusual of course and I think that means he either threatened her by gunpoint to get into the car (or maybe knife) it she agreed to go sit in the car with him and talk whereupon he took off before she could demur and go get her phone first. Or....he could have said “let’s go for a walk” and so any bad act could have taken place locally. Thoughts?
Absolutely agree with you about the 6 hrs being the amt of time to dig a grave and the likihood of the body being in SI seems high IMO.

As to the sniffing dogs question, in the Jennifer Dulos missing case LE spent nearly a week searching Waveny Park in New Canaan CT (300 acres) with groups of dogs (worked in groups) both to look for electronic items and cadaver. This article Search for Jennifer Dulos shifts to Waveny Park in New Canaan refers to half a dozen dogs but the day that I saw the teams working there were between 6-10 dogs. The dogs were held by their handlers and used some kind of grid search process (see attached article for pictures of people working the dogs). The FBI evidence team was also present and they used a grid search process as well. Local FD's assisted with draining a shallow pond in the park during this time as well.

I keep looking at the travel routes from Freehold to SI (park area in particular) on Google to try and figure out if its possible to get there without being captured on CCTV or Tollcams or license plate readers?

It just seems that if LE has access to the time of disappearance that it would be possible to trace the path the POI might have taken with the body.

Does anyone local know whether the Freehold PD or NYPD have brought in the FBI to assist? It was disturbing to see the Prosector standing up in Court apparently absent any warrants or other tools to have held the POI. Not sure what LE is doing and I do hope they are briefing the family.

It's so sad. I totally get it. Family wants to feel like they're not giving up, that they're dog the best they can for Stephanie, I'm sure. It's probably somewhat therapeutic (as much as it can be) for them too.

Other than the parks and neighborhoods in Freehold and Long Pond Park on Staten Island, where to look? Such a dauntless yet despairing task.

raritan bay crossed my mind when I was first reading about this case

I keep looking at the travel routes from Freehold to SI (park area in particular) on Google to try and figure out if its possible to get there without being captured on CCTV or Tollcams or license plate readers?

It just seems that if LE has access to the time of disappearance that it would be possible to trace the path the POI might have taken with the body.

Does anyone local know whether the Freehold PD or NYPD have brought in the FBI to assist? It was disturbing to see the Prosector standing up in Court apparently absent any warrants or other tools to have held the POI. Not sure what LE is doing and I do hope they are briefing the family.

theres no way to get from freehold to SI without a toll

Any way from Freehold (NJ) to Staten Island (NY) involves toll. They are one way, normally from NJ to NY, and are not inexpensive...but there is no way around it. Outerbridge Crossing and /or Goethals Bridge. Also Bayonne Bridge but that's way out of the way and also has toll. There are ferries as well, though they go to lower Manhattan and then another back to Staten Island. Makes me wonder too if his vehicle was captured crossing the evening Stephanie disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back