NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone link the MSM report that said GBC received the scratches from a caterpillar? I just told my husband. He laughed. He said 'if I were a detective or police officer and he used that as an excuse, it would be a swift smack to the upside for being an idiot and expecting anyone to believe that'!!!

Thinking of the family of the 6 month old tonight who is missing in the Logan River. Poor baby. We need to start acknowledging PND for men as well as women.

Alleged scratches found on Mr Baden-Clay’s face and torso were also mentioned in court.

Mr Davis said the marks on his client’s torso were related to a “caterpillar incident” and he had witness statements attesting to that.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html#ixzz1ycXTDF2C

Can anyone link the MSM report that said GBC received the scratches from a caterpillar? I just told my husband. He laughed. He said 'if I were a detective or police officer and he used that as an excuse, it would be a swift smack to the upside for being an idiot and expecting anyone to believe that'!!!

Thinking of the family of the 6 month old tonight who is missing in the Logan River. Poor baby. We need to start acknowledging PND for men as well as women.

Alleged scratches found on Mr Baden-Clay’s face and torso were also mentioned in court.

Mr Davis said the marks on his client’s torso were related to a “caterpillar incident” and he had witness statements attesting to that.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ard-badenclay-denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html

The Herald Sun http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/gerard-baden-clay-conducting-ongoing-affair-at-time-of-wife-allisons-death-was-in-debt-and-had-inquired-about-her-life-insurance-police-affidavits-lodged-in-court-claim/story-e6frf7l6-1226406037780 (amongst other media outlets) reported:

“Baden-Clay allegedly told police that day his wife had found out about an affair he'd been having. An affair that he had ended in September, 2011.”​

It is being alleged, GBC had told the QPS that ABC found out about the affair on 19 April. IMO, these alleged facts might be used to support the proposition that ABC may have committed suicide after finding out about GBC's affair.

However, IMO, ABC’s journal gives an insight into her state of mind before she was killed. According to the Herald Sun, the Prosecution disclosed at the bail hearing that ABC had been writing about GBC's affair in her journal on 18 and 19 April. In one journal entry, ABC had written:

"how were the hotels paid for?" "Did 'she' ever say she felt bad because he was married?" "How many people in the office knew?" "Did (the defendant) regret the whole thing, or just being caught?"​

Arguably, the list of questions includes many questions she may have intended to ask GBC eg. "how were the hotels paid for?" "Did 'she' ever say she felt bad because he was married?" Arguably, there may also be questions that she was asking herself eg. "Did [GBC] regret the whole thing, or just being caught?”. In any event, these questions suggest to me that she wanted to work things out. Her attendance at marriage counselling with GBC also confirms this.

Accordingly, IMO, the evidence obtained from the journal does not support ABC having any suicidal state of mind and does not advance a theory of suicide. :cow:

Thanks Mothergoose, I have no doubt that goes on. I was just hoping to encourage people to think about what they're actually wishing for with their soap on a rope etc.. comments. Rape in prison is rape all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amee
The post-mortem report given to Justice Boddice gave no external cause of death.

Mr Davis said the only external injury noted in the report was a chip to the bottom left eye tooth.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz1ybgr4yRi

This might help re all evidence.

Mr Davis also said there was no supporting evidence submitted to the court that the luminol reaction was caused by the presence of blood.

Mr Boyle said the Crown was not required to submit its evidence so early, but it was available to the court if needed. BBM

The prosecution opposed bail, arguing Mr Baden-Clay was a flight risk and could potentially interfere with witnesses

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...denied-bail-20120622-20s73.html#ixzz1ybnYwCMr

Very significant points in the areas I have bolded. I am now really getting the feeling they have SO much more up their sleeve. I'd say the defense will be pretty worried. But I hope they all stay as cocky as possible so there are not attempts at plea bargaining - I hope GBC continues to believe he will get off!

I think a 10 y.o. child is still awake at 8:45 pm and possibly not sound asleep until 9:30-10:00 pm. Allow 30 minutes of discussion/argument - after that.

CC re your 2 qoutes above, regardless of when your own child was in bed (a number of years ago) one shouldn't assume when the Baden Clay children went to bed or were sound asleep by - every family's different - just the point I was trying to make in the first place.

... and I agreed with you. But, as you acknowledged initially, it was my own speculation about a possible scenario. I understood you point, but it seems you didn't understand mine.

I'm still reading through the thread. Which Dr did he go to? And was it about his scratches and trying to get them covered up/healed?

I also heard he wasn't wearing a seatbelt with his accident at Indro. Any truth on that?

Everyone,

If you see posts that you question, I encourage you to alert on them. The MOD team will review for appropriateness, I assure you, just as soon as is possible.

Avoid trouble for yourself by clicking on the little white triangle with red outline and exclamation mark in the middle in the top right of the post. Type your own comment about the post in the white box and press the SUBMIT MESSAGE button. This message/comment goes to the MOD team only.

Thank you
~Summer_Breeze

Sorry if someone has already said this, but wasn't there a video call to NBC as well - from memory it was at 12.30am? And was there another call to NBC?

I also wonder, as someone else has said, if he did have a second phone.

If you read back a few pages, I mentioned & posted the photo that was in today's report...both in printed & online editions...the text I copied from the actual photo in print edition which had somewhat of a timeline...the photo text doesn't include mention of the video call.

This is the photo from which I copied the text...

129446-courier-mail.jpg

I'm still reading through the thread. Which Dr did he go to? And was it about his scratches and trying to get them covered up/healed?

I think I know where you're headed with this question. I doubt whether a GP would be legally allowed to discuss/reveal any consultations with a patient - unless of course, they confessed to a crime. I think patient-doctor confidentiality would be effective here.

I feel sorry for the Barrister employed to get him off these charges. Talk about shovelling **** uphill.

I was discussing this case with someone today... in her opinion she thinks GBC could try to commit suicide if out on bail. I guess he wouldn't have to face any of this if that happened. But still... I don't know.

I have never supported the notion that suicide is a cowards way out... I know it's alot more indepth than that. But somehow I feel if he were to do it it would be. He needs to face up all of this and accept the punishment, and own up to what he did. I think he's got away with being a brat for far too long. Time to act like a grown up now.

I also heard he wasn't wearing a seatbelt with his accident at Indro. Any truth on that?

No idea which doctor he went to...

21st April - Baden-Clay attended a doctor to have injuries documented

There was also a rumour about him going to a chemist, I think on Thurs 19th am.

He was wearing a seatbelt in that crash...that was made a point of in reports at the time.

thanks for that, i posted a link to these pics earlier but they got lost in the chatter....

along with this info on airbag deployment,
"Airbags are designed to deploy in frontal and near-frontal collisions more severe than a threshold defined by the regulations governing vehicle construction in whatever particular market the vehicle is intended for: U.S. regulations require deployment in crashes at least equivalent in deceleration to a 23 km/h (14 mph) barrier collision, or similarly, striking a parked car of similar size across the full front of each vehicle at about twice the speed.",

i am quite convinced that this vehicle may indeed be the murder weapon as striking a body would indeed cause damage to the vehicle, but would not provide enough of a 'collision' to create deceleration and thus trigger the airbags.

also the 'Pedestrian impact summary' from the 2011 Prado states
"There was good protection for the child and adult head impact areas in the centre of the bonnet. Improvements could be made to the sides of the bonnet, bumper and leading edge of this vehicle."

There was much discussion about this damage in earlier threads and as I posted (way back then) GBC collided with another car when turning corner at Taringa, outside the C21 office. This was a week or two BEFORE ABC went missing. My family member heard the crash and witnessed the damage to the car which belonged to ABC but was on that occasion being driven by G.

Hi everyone, the internet drops in and out but going to have a read before I go to sleep.

The rain held off all day and it just started to rain a little but we are tucked up nice and warm in our cabin, hope it clears by morning.

We heard on the boat radio before about a man jumping or falling off a bridge into the water with his baby. This doesnt sound right as the pram was still on the road. Poor darling wouldnt stand a chance, the water is really cold tonight.

I hope there is a good turnout tomorrow and lots of money is raised for Allisons girls.

If you read back a few pages, I mentioned & posted the photo that was in today's report...both in printed & online editions...the text I copied from the actual photo in print edition which had somewhat of a timeline...the photo text doesn't include mention of the video call.

This is the photo from which I copied the text...

View attachment 23896

In what was revealed yesterday, I believe there was only one call (FaceTime/video) to NBC around 12:20 am, which lasted 1min 23 sec or similar.

Very significant points in the areas I have bolded. I am now really getting the feeling they have SO much more up their sleeve. I'd say the defense will be pretty worried. But I hope they all stay as cocky as possible so there are not attempts at plea bargaining - I hope GBC continues to believe he will get off!

I would say that GBC is worried as well. He will feel like a 12 ton Caterpiller has hit him.

I hope to God NOT! :please: Maybe he's still entitled to apply for bankruptcy to write all those debts off??? Naturally the GIRLS' insurance payout will he heavily taxed though. :banghead:

They are dependants. I don't believe they will be taxed?

He was wearing a seatbelt in that crash...that was made a point of in reports at the time.

I believe the rumour also was that the person who served him at the chemist had been interviewed by police.

I don't think GBC is likely to change much even if he is convicted and spends years in prison (IMO.)

I can picture him shuffling out of prison in years to come looking around for a new wife, a mistress or two, a place to set up 'business as usual', and a car to crash.

Maybe I am a bit cynical, but my ex is so similar to this man and in 25 years he has blundered along using people, blaming everyone but himself for his troubles, and has not grown or changed at all - quite bizarre to me.

I had a friend tell me about the Dr thing last week. He mentioned it was away from Brookfield (far away) and the Dr called the police as he thought it was suspicious. If it was only a few days after Allison was reported missing surely he would have had police following him anyway.

Ahhh ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members