NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it completely odd that GBC was researching "take the fifth". The timing is strange also. 2 days (approx.) before Allison's disappearance.

Could there be a US connection? To the money/debt? Is there yet another angle or piece of this story not yet revealed?

Century 21 is also a very big Real Estate business in the US.

Did something else "fall apart" in these few days?

Follow the money.... Pure speculation on my part but this was gnawing at me.

This action just doesn't seem to fit nicely with the premeditated murder theory, in my humble opinion. It just doesn't make sense, nor connect the dots. At least not for me at this time, with the information we have available publicly.

Or is there a simpler explanation for this Internet search?

I_dont_know_smiley.png

isnt his brother living in the US?

Thank you Keen for taking the time to do this, a long drive and all for you.
What a lovely thing to do and to you all who have checked for her and indro would if she could too I am sure. xx

Thankyou. Between all of us it will be attended to.

Summer Breeze , under the Australian taxation system there can be advantages to owning a home and not living in it yourself , ie , have it as an investment property and rent it to somebody else and then rent another house to live in yourself. I had looked at a property ownership database just after I joined this website re the Brookfield house in which GBC lived, but I didn't think that there was any purpose to 'out ' the owners of the property as they are more than likely themselves wishing they had chosen other tenants than this real estate agent.

I dont think you can tax deduct your rent from the place of residence. You can do it on any investment property you own that is rented to someone else but you cannot claim it on a principal place of residence. (Maybe GBC didn't care tho?????) He would have to have known about this rule tho as it common motivation for a lot of people to buy 'investment' properties.

Sorry to bring up the apparent scratch/wrinkle thing again but zooming in on the above picture I also seem to see a mark on his neck,to me it appears to be a scar now? :moo:

Yes, I am with you on that, It looks like the mark/s which we saw in the video still, but now older and healed. IMO

I dont think you can tax deduct your rent from the place of residence. You can do it on any investment property you own that is rented to someone else but you cannot claim it on a principal place of residence. (Maybe GBC didn't care tho?????) He would have to have known about this rule tho as it common motivation for a lot of people to buy 'investment' properties.

Correct, however, in my case, we get more rent from the properties we own, than the what we pay in our rental, different area and close to where we need to be, nicer area/more convenient.

Welcome to all the newbies.
Thinking back to the police wanting the TV schedules, wondering if it's because the children heard arguing, knew what programme was on but not the time.
Maybe this had been happening for quite a few nights, as didn't the police want more than one night's schedule.

Thanks to the person who put up the link to the blog written by the guy in prison, it really must seem a disgusting place to be for someone like GBC. I guess eventually he will score a cosy job, probably the prison has its own version of the chamber of commerce, he could be in charge of dishing out supplies or maybe even cell allocation or inspections.
I still think he might top himself if he gets the opportunity, even for a narcissist, maybe even more so, this must be the ultimate humiliation for someone who "image" is everything.

The search 'taking the fifth' was conducted on 18 April. Police asked TV stations to supply programme info for the 18th April shortly after GBC was charged. IMO GBC could've been watching a U.S crime type show on 18 April which mentioned 'taking the fifth', prompting him to google it's meaning & qps were trying to substantiate or disprove this idea.

I would think so. I know they can now tell the difference between a sids baby and one who is suffocated

Very, very difficult to tell, especially with suffocation. Remember Kathleen Folbigg, now serving life in jail - her babie's deaths were originally put down to cot deaths, on her evidence of finding them dead, however when the 4th death occurred, one diligent policeman wouldn't accept that and commenced looking harder at the deaths, and the result was her life imprisonment for at least 3 of the deaths. Suffocation is one of the hardest cuses of death to discern. Sometimes there is a discolouration around the face area (in the case of a baby smothered) where there has been pressure, such as a hand, which can point to the direction of suffocation or smothering. Would be much harder or impossible to discern in the case of decomposition.

I would say that GBC is worried as well. He will feel like a 12 ton Caterpiller has hit him.

KtK are prisoners allowed to read the newspaper in jail? And I saw mention of "slot tv" - does that mean they can only watch tv if they pay for it (thus limited amount of time)? I wonder if GBC saw the aftermath of the bail hearing in the media yesterday or do they try to keep that sort of info away from the prisoners so they don't get more upset? No wonder they wanted a supression order - doesn't look good for him in the eyes of the public in any event.

Welcome to all the newbies.
Thinking back to the police wanting the TV schedules, wondering if it's because the children heard arguing, knew what programme was on but not the time.
Maybe this had been happening for quite a few nights, as didn't the police want more than one night's schedule.

Thanks to the person who put up the link to the blog written by the guy in prison, it really must seem a disgusting place to be for someone like GBC. I guess eventually he will score a cosy job, probably the prison has its own version of the chamber of commerce, he could be in charge of dishing out supplies or maybe even cell allocation or inspections.
I still think he might top himself if he gets the opportunity, even for a narcissist, maybe even more so, this must be the ultimate humiliation for someone who "image" is everything.

Majority of NPD's 'top' themselves:- when they can longer deny reality - as opposed to the fantasy world that they believe they live in. When they see their real position in the scheme of things as opposed to their imagined position, it can all become to much for them, and they take their own life. A very few live to old age, some going so far as to see their errors and attempting to live better lives - but these individual are few, and given GBC's position I can see him either taking the revenge path or taking his own life. MOO

Unless all of the above is right and he took Allison's phone to use and subsequently got rid of it somewhere on his nightly escapade.

But wouldn't everything on her phone still be able to be traced by telcos/experts, just with having her number? I am a bit technically challenged when it comes to phones - still have my old LG pre paid which suits me fine for my needs.

A man who is very ill informed and maybe watches too many US crime shows.:confused:

very true, after all there are instances here in Australia of idiots calling 911 for emergency instead of 000.

though the fact he looked it up again before ringing Police to report Allison missing is indeed a little suss. I agree many of the things brought up by the prosecution at the bail in themself are really circumstanial- such as the enquiring about the life insurance a few days before her death. But add them all together and they do paint a compelling picture.

Yes - I believe the most compelling google search is the one he apparently did on his phone about "taking the fifth", just before he then called police (presumably from that same phone). I don't know how they could talk their way out of that one.

Looking up the QPS webpage though could be explained as him looking for the local police station no. (I would probably do that) - couldn't find it, didn't load or whatever so he called triple 0 instead.

I still don't believe that Allison would have necessarily known the extent of their dire financial situation. She would known things were bad and surely she would have been aware of the debts to the former business partners, but she may not have known the amount of debt owed to, for example, the people involved in the "gentleman's agreements" etc.

There would have to be other debts too I would think - for example the lease payments on the business premises. No doubt they may have fallen behind and if the lease is ongoing, payments would still be due until a new tenant is found to take over. A nightmare financial situation.

But wouldn't everything on her phone still be able to be traced by telcos/experts, just with having her number? I am a bit technically challenged when it comes to phones - still have my old LG pre paid which suits me fine for my needs.

CCRs and RCCRs would still be available for ABCs phone from the Telcos, but logs and scripts would only be available from the handset itself.

Just on the Facebook friends thing, there has been a glitch in Facebook the past few weeks where many peoples friends list numbers went up because it started to include all the people you used to be friends with and have deleted or blocked. Mine went up by over 40 and it happened to several people I know. I think this is the most likely cause of GBCs friends list change.

Yes - I believe the most compelling google search is the one he apparently did on his phone about "taking the fifth", just before he then called police (presumably from that same phone). I don't know how they could talk their way out of that one.

Looking up the QPS webpage though could be explained as him looking for the local police station no. (I would probably do that) - couldn't find it, didn't load or whatever so he called triple 0 instead.

Baden-Clay was alleged to have phoned insurers about his wife's life insurance policy on April 12 and Google-searched the American term "taking the Fifth" about the right to remain silent on April 18. He allegedly Googled "self-incrimination" at 7.09am on April 20, just minutes before calling police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy