NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been diagnosed as anti-social (psychopath is no longer the terminology used). And in custody the mental health tribunals show they, when they have means and opportunities, will often try because they can no longer live out their fantasies and exercise control, domination and manipulation. It really bursts their bubble as the years go by:)

Yes, psychopath is a term currently used - it is used concurrently with 'anti-social'.

And, I beg to differ - if you read any treatise on psychopaths, the fact that they Rarely suicide is one of the traits (along with lack of empathy, ability to con, sexual promiscuity, ability to lie about almost anything, charm etc, etc, etc.) - they will threaten it (to try to regain control over people) but Rarely carry it through.

Yes, psychopath is a term currently used - it is used concurrently with 'anti-social'.

And, I beg to differ - if you read any treatise on psychopaths, the fact that they Rarely suicide is one of the traits (along with lack of empathy, ability to con, sexual promiscuity, ability to lie about almost anything, charm etc, etc, etc.) - they will threaten it (to try to regain control over people) but Rarely carry it through.

Thanks for that. Generalizing isn't fact. If you work the system long enough and are a mental health professional in prison psych wards it isn't uncommon. It is uncommon outside of prisons. Again, GBC has not been diagnosed as "psychopathic" or anything else at this point (unless someone knows otherwise) so I guess we're all speculating on speculative concepts. Me included:). IMO

I did not go today. I went to the bridge yesterday and place a couple of dozen sunflowers on the cross, and then drove around Brookfield. Sometimes it is all too much.

I took my children and left a psychotic narcissist husband 9 years ago.
I loved brookfield and raising my children there.
I am still appearing in various courts due to his extreme need for power.
I wanted desperately to go to support the girls and feel a little closer to Allison today, but I couldn't face going back.
I just saw it on the news and I saw a dog with a yellow balloon .
I have a sunflower and wore it proudly today . *advertiser censored*

Nads, Saw you on the telly..... loved the licorice allsort top and the doggie with the Yellow balloon..... your a WS star :)

Psychopaths rarely suicide...it isn't in their mind-set.

Some have in prison.
They have subjected themselves to an abnormal horrendous situation. In the old terms we used to call it climbing the wall.

Cannot give you a link...but have done CPR on a few.

Yes that is something along the lines of what I posted last night...that perhaps he was going to skip country, with his "bearded" disguise in a dodgy passport.

But police ordered the beard shaved off maybe in case he received bail...welll he was considered a flight risk so anything's possible I think.

I wondered if shaving the beard off had something to do with comparing to where his scratches had been(I am sure they are documented) and to whether it actually fits that he could attain them via shaving or not.. Perhaps they watched while he shaved it off??(as to how, direction etc).. I am tired so if I am not making much sense appologies.. got to go..

I just doubt this stuff about Gerard being a psychopath. for one reason.. his only unrehearsed and unexpected TV interview..

from that little cameo. about 99% of anyone who watched it, sat up and said to themselves, oy.. this bloke is as off as a bucket of prawns left out in the hot sun. At the end of a long pier..100% of the dogs and horses who saw it immediately formed the same conclusion.

a psycopath, a sociopath would not have had a flaw in that interview.. you would not have been able to pick up the nonsense, even if you watched it frame by frame. it is their modus operandi. no one would ever have picked up his peculiarity. He would have been the perfect baffled grieving worried abandonded father, a class 10 performance, You would have been reaching into your pocket to give him a hanky.

People with personality disorders aren't always pulling one over on people, often it is their sheer persistence that wins the day. If you are unruffled by people's looks of incredulity, you can just power through sanity and logic at a rate of knots. If you are prepared to lie in the face of evidence and logic, people will give up whether that means walking away or accepting they will not get an apology, explanation or the truth. Acting pathetic is a common tactic a personality disordered person will use, sympathy is a powerful tool for them.

I know someone that would lie to get a job, do it crappily until finally sacked, lie and get a better job, and just basically was on a great career trajectory based primarily on their willingness to lie and lack of shame at doing a bad job and the experience that most workplaces will go "blah blah blah yeah s/he's great" because they're glad to see the back of them if references are even rung - which I don't think they were. In the end they are always found out but it is water of a duck's back.

I wondered if shaving the beard off had something to do with comparing to where his scratches had been(I am sure they are documented) and to whether it actually fits that he could attain them via shaving or not.. Perhaps they watched while he shaved it off??(as to how, direction etc).. I am tired so if I am not making much sense appologies.. got to go..

I'm not so sure about the beard/scratches...maybe it was because of that but I kept wondering why the judge said GBC was a flight risk. It was mentioned in a report he had no passport??...but wasn't there mention some time back about him having a dual Australian/Zimbabwe passport...would he have been able to attain a passport from there??...

If the judge thought him a flight risk...how was he going to get out of the country???

There are two pieces of information here that don't make sense. If ABC only found out about GBC's affair on 19 April, how on earth could they have already had counselling about it? The diagram of TM's house was allegedly drawn in ABC's journal by GBC as part of the counselling process.

Sorry, but IMO ABC knew about the affair well before 19 April. The most likely "new" information that ABC received on 19 April was that TM was going to be present at the conference the next day. If there was an argument/altercation between ABC and GBC it was most likely as a result of this information.

Oh, and I agree with other posters who have questioned the relevance of a diagram of TM's house as part of the counselling process: it makes absolutely no sense at all. I imagine the case notes of the counsellor who conducted the marriage counselling have been subpoened by now to determine what really transpired during the sessions. The case notes would include any "homework" set by the counsellor for the couple to complete between sessions.

My information is that on the 18th of April ABC discovered the affair was still on going after she'd been told it had ceased. I posted here in a much earlier thread but was pretty much shot down by many. This was indeed premeditated and about money. It was supposed to happen later than it did ((it's now public knowledge re the July 1 timeline). My information is that ABC found out from a friend about the ongoing affair and I believe the argument the night she died was her confronting him about it. I also think she had started "sleuthing" GBC and had discovered his devious money issues. I also believe that she discovered her life was in the firing line.Why she didn't go for help at this time I can't say but what a different outcome it could have been. This was no accident and it truly sickens me that his family think they can hide. This gorgeous woman's life was snuffed out for pure and evil greed. Many lives have been shattered least of all 3 darling girls who will never really understand how much their mother loved them and that she died trying to save them.

Many people have commented on how the trust fund is a money grab and ridiculous. I don't believe for a second that Pricilla and Geoff have that in their hearts at all. The media has beefed that up. Many people asked how they could help and they suggested donating the money people would have spent on flowers to a fund for the girls. Others have gone off in tangents to fundraising further from their hearts. No one is forcing anyone to donate. We donate to flood victims, fire victims, build houses for people with a sob story. Surely we can find it in our hearts to if not donate then see the fund for what it is rather than cast aspersions on it. To all intents and purposes these girls have been left with nothing. Most money will go towards paying off debts as ABC was a partner in the business. The Dickies are elderly and didn't factor into their superannuation bringing up three more children. Private school aside (and I believe they'll get a scholarship in Ali's memory anyway), clothing, feeding and just generally "growing" these girls will cost.

These girls have been ripped out of the family cocoon that surrounded them and whilst they have loving grandparents and aunts and uncles etc nothing will cover the holes in their hearts.

We sit here behind our computers aghast and furious that this has happened in our community - they are living it. They will never be free of it, people will always find them interesting because of their name and situation.

My wildest hope is that GBC will finally do the right thing and admit it. Surely even he can see the writing on the wall. At least then the girls can have closure and not have to wonder what if. I doubt though this selfish excuse for a human being will ever think about anyone other than himself.

Vail Allison - may your girls live your dreams for them and may they know you sit on their shoulders. We miss you so much and only hope that wherever you are there is music and dance!!

there will be a bit of peevishness among the 'gentlemen ' who entered so unwisely into a deal with Gerard.. not to mention Chucky Tarbeys fury to know that somewhere there is a cool $500.000.00 available..

Above quote is from the previous thread.

This interests me also in the sense of what trouble this can get Chuck Tarbey in with his other current Franchisees. I wonder if he allows his other Franchisees to be in arrears to the amount of 15K and whether he provides them with loans of up to 75K when they are in need.....Could almost be considered favouritism toward one Franchisee if it the case that they arent allowed such priviledges. Tends to be a BIG NO NO when it comes to franchising.

He will also be very peeved all this has come to light.

Sorry I havent sompletely read up yet....Ill get back to my reading for the next half hour or so.....Hope all you lovely peeps are doing well tonight XX

I'm not so sure about the beard/scratches...maybe it was because of that but I kept wondering why the judge said GBC was a flight risk. It was mentioned in a report he had no passport??...but wasn't there mention some time back about him having a dual Australian/Zimbabwe passport...would he have been able to attain a passport from there??...

If the judge thought him a flight risk...how was he going to get out of the country???

Not sure on the citizenship.. I thought the beard was ordered off early after being arrested- before bail hearing. And I thought there has been enough pics of him in media both with and without the beard, that I didn't think it would likely be a good disguise.. Just MOO though.

(I guess flight risk does not necessarily mean out of the country either, but could go into hiding)

Hey Marly, you are Queen of the links and don t doubt the list but from what I have read from reading it is just the rumors proved wrong.... so far.

I had a chuckle earlier when I reposted that rumour list...lol.

But there is one or two that can be moved to the fact list now I think.

Then also we don't have any other info on soo many other areas of the whole case...time will tell I guess.

:moo:
Law students are taught from their very first day that their duty is to the court, not their client.

Because of this lawyers deliberately do not ask the client if they are guilty or not guilty........this is the job of the jury to decide.forum.

Lawyers owe a fiduciary duty to their clients which is the strongest in any of the professions. In the vary rare case where this conflicts with the lawyer's duty as an officer of the court the latter prevails.

A criminal lawyer says to a client 'I can only do a decent job for you if you are frank with me and if you trust me to totally respect your right to confidentiality regarding anything you tell me.'

If the client gives instructions that are constantly changing or are obviously inconsistent with the evidence then something isn't working. All MOO.

My information is that on the 18th of April ABC discovered the affair was still on going after she'd been told it had ceased. I posted here in a much earlier thread but was pretty much shot down by many. This was indeed premeditated and about money. It was supposed to happen later than it did ((it's now public knowledge re the July 1 timeline). My information is that ABC found out from a friend about the ongoing affair and I believe the argument the night she died was her confronting him about it. I also think she had started "sleuthing" GBC and had discovered his devious money issues. I also believe that she discovered her life was in the firing line.Why she didn't go for help at this time I can't say but what a different outcome it could have been. This was no accident and it truly sickens me that his family think they can hide. This gorgeous woman's life was snuffed out for pure and evil greed. Many lives have been shattered least of all 3 darling girls who will never really understand how much their mother loved them and that she died trying to save them.

Many people have commented on how the trust fund is a money grab and ridiculous. I don't believe for a second that Pricilla and Geoff have that in their hearts at all. The media has beefed that up. Many people asked how they could help and they suggested donating the money people would have spent on flowers to a fund for the girls. Others have gone off in tangents to fundraising further from their hearts. No one is forcing anyone to donate. We donate to flood victims, fire victims, build houses for people with a sob story. Surely we can find it in our hearts to if not donate then see the fund for what it is rather than cast aspersions on it. To all intents and purposes these girls have been left with nothing. Most money will go towards paying off debts as ABC was a partner in the business. The Dickies are elderly and didn't factor into their superannuation bringing up three more children. Private school aside (and I believe they'll get a scholarship in Ali's memory anyway), clothing, feeding and just generally "growing" these girls will cost.

These girls have been ripped out of the family cocoon that surrounded them and whilst they have loving grandparents and aunts and uncles etc nothing will cover the holes in their hearts.

We sit here behind our computers aghast and furious that this has happened in our community - they are living it. They will never be free of it, people will always find them interesting because of their name and situation.

My wildest hope is that GBC will finally do the right thing and admit it. Surely even he can see the writing on the wall. At least then the girls can have closure and not have to wonder what if. I doubt though this selfish excuse for a human being will ever think about anyone other than himself.

Vail Allison - may your girls live your dreams for them and may they know you sit on their shoulders. We miss you so much and only hope that wherever you are there is music and dance!!

Thankyou for your post CompletelyConfused!!!! I think Allison is singing & dancing in the arms of the angels.

Thankyou for your post CompletelyConfused!!!! I think Allison is singing & dancing in the arms of the angels.

I know how you feel and your information is pretty much identical to What I know:) good in you for being so brave to stand up for yourself and Allison and her family's rights

I'm sending a few bucks directly to the Dickies rather than the trust. Just because at their age I can imagine that they sometimes get a bill and wonder how they'll pay it. If I can ease their burden a tiny bit by covering one such bill I'd feel good. The trust is wonderful though.

Some have in prison.
They have subjected themselves to an abnormal horrendous situation. In the old terms we used to call it climbing the wall.

Cannot give you a link...but have done CPR on a few.

KtK, what would be the process for dealing with a co-accused on remand? I assume that they would be kept separate without the ability to communicate with each other?

Just thinking about the challenges presented by the possibility of multiple defendants on remand for essentially the same indictment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ