Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO this is random, the bad person probably on drugs. I think he was scouting around for a car to snatch and didn’t want to carjack a man. Young woman alone with an old car that wouldn’t have auto door locks.

Sad and awful. Who knows what he was doing or where he was trying to go.

MOO, he carjacked her, killed her quickly, and used her car to get to wherever he was trying to go.
he has a truck.

I do believe the UnSub is a male. LE said he is appx 6' tall. Others speculate this person is in rather good shape; perhaps, he works out or lifts weights. Maybe this person worked to condition his body's core strength as to benefit the premeditated abduction/kidnapping.

I do believe this UnSub is someone she knows but she rebuffed his affections which made him very angry. Perhaps, it is because he's a control freak but it is almost certain this person is an evil psychopath.

I do believe he targeted her specifically in order to mistreat her for he feels she deserves to be punished for not returning his obsessive admiration with love and affection for him. He has skewed thinking on what love really means, whereby, he essentially wants power and control over her. Could he have already killed her? Yes, but I feel his motive is to torture this child, perhaps until she passes.

As mentioned prior, I believe Naomi is still alive. Time is of the essence in locating her. He may have a safe house, a cabin, an abandoned place, a friend's basement who may be out of town, somewhere that he has access in order to keep her hidden while his punishment and/or pleading with her continues. IE, "Why won't you love me? Can't you see that I love you so much?"

Further, I believe the local police turned down TX EquuSearch's offer because they feel she's still alive. It could also be the reason they've placed Casey in the leadership role of the volunteer searches. Also, it behooves him to keep busy performing tasks that may lead to clues of her whereabouts. The authorities are possibly in the air searching for the truck, a lone cabin, or any indications that show where this UnSub may be found (hiding Naomi).

I joined TT so I could share her sister's TikTok video. I've since gained limited followers on TT so I messaged them this morning asking them to share her TT vid. Most have kindly obliged. I'm unsure if I can share the link on WS so it is omitted.

MOO MVHOO #FindNaomi

Do we believe it was stolen or his?

LE has not released information regarding either possibility.

I'd favor it being his truck, as if it had been purchased by someone and then reported stolen, they would be able to describe it as a stolen truck and give more specific details about it. Right now we have the one fairly good photo, but don't have the exact details the owner would be able to provide - model, accessories, plate #, location of theft, etc.

So I believe it's more likely his own truck.

IMHO

Yeah. You want the car, you take the car. There's no reason to commit a kidnapping, and it doesn't make sense for the car to be found nearby.

Also if it was a carjacking and something went wrong, then her body shouldn't be missing.

This looks like a sexually motivated abduction (and likely homicide) to me.

ITA. I know that technically the FBI has this posted as a kidnapping, and in this latest article, the brother seems to hint at it, saying...

“I’m starting to believe it is something more sinister,” he says. “A little bit more coordinated and a little bit more planned out.”

Valley says he’s happy the “Daily Mail” article continues to place a spotlight on his sister’s plight.

Asked how a British paper can help solve a crime in Fernley Nevada?

He says this case may ultimately have international implications.

All that being said, nothing about this seems like a kidnapping for ransom, to me. I believe that LE and the family would be speaking directly to a suspected kidnapper, if they feel there is one, and the family would spend more time speaking directly to her, rather than the public at large. I also cannot imagine how much pressure the poor family is under, but if LE is pretty sure she is kidnapped and alive, I believe the family would convey that in speaking, even if not saying as much. I believe they have probably been prepared to accept she may not be alive. Finally, if it were a kidnapping for ransom, I really believe it would have been more professionally carried out, imo, and we would not have so much as a video of a hooded and mask-covered suspect, and the car would not have been returned to almost the scene of the crime. I believe it would have been submerged somewhere or burned up, to avoid any chance of suspect DNA being found. JMO

British tabloid has new details in the Naomi Irion abduction case (kolotv.com)

Last edited:
I do believe the UnSub is a male. LE said he is appx 6' tall. Others speculate this person is in rather good shape; perhaps, he works out or lifts weights. Maybe this person worked to condition his body's core strength as to benefit the premeditated abduction/kidnapping.

I do believe this UnSub is someone she knows but she rebuffed his affections which made him very angry. Perhaps, it is because he's a control freak but it is almost certain this person is an evil psychopath.

I do believe he targeted her specifically in order to mistreat her for he feels she deserves to be punished for not returning his obsessive admiration with love and affection for him. He has skewed thinking on what love really means, whereby, he essentially wants power and control over her. Could he have already killed her? Yes, but I feel his motive is to torture this child, perhaps until she passes.

As mentioned prior, I believe Naomi is still alive. Time is of the essence in locating her. He may have a safe house, a cabin, an abandoned place, a friend's basement who may be out of town, somewhere that he has access in order to keep her hidden while his punishment and/or pleading with her continues. IE, "Why won't you love me? Can't you see that I love you so much?"

Further, I believe the local police turned down TX EquuSearch's offer because they feel she's still alive. It could also be the reason they've placed Casey in the leadership role of the volunteer searches. Also, it behooves him to keep busy performing tasks that may lead to clues of her whereabouts. The authorities are possibly in the air searching for the truck, a lone cabin, or any indications that show where this UnSub may be found (hiding Naomi).

I joined TT so I could share her sister's TikTok video. I've since gained limited followers on TT so I messaged them this morning asking them to share her TT vid. Most have kindly obliged. I'm unsure if I can share the link on WS so it is omitted.

MOO MVHOO #FindNaomi

Thanks for this.

I keep thinking that he could very well have a trailer that he put her in and used it to remove her far away from the area of her abduction.

Okay, I am prefacing this as ALL IMO only.
Earlier in the thread I voiced my concern that the suspect had a gait resembling the Delphi, IN suspect. As many know, there was an abandoned railroad bridge over a creek in Delphi, IN that is the centerpiece of the Delphi case. It has hiking trails around it.
I just googled abandoned railroad tracks/bridges nearly Fernley, Nevada. I discovered there is a Fernley and Lassen, mostly abandoned, railroad line in the area. I see the "Bridge over Willow Creek" mentioned. It appears to be on the National Register of Historic Places. I am still trying to figure out the location the railroad runs and the driving distance to where Naomi was abducted. It may be worth searching near bridges along that RR line. My understanding is that the suspect had a number of hours that he could have been driving to a second location which may put this railroad line/bridges within easy driving distance. Can anyone local in Nevada shed light on this railroad line or bridges over gulches or creeks?

Okay, I am prefacing this as ALL IMO only.
Earlier in the thread I voiced my concern that the suspect had a gait resembling the Delphi, IN suspect. As many know, there was an abandoned railroad bridge over a creek in Delphi, IN that is the centerpiece of the Delphi case. It has hiking trails around it.
I just googled abandoned railroad tracks/bridges nearly Fernley, Nevada. I discovered there is a Fernley and Lassen, mostly abandoned, railroad line in the area. I see the "Bridge over Willow Creek" mentioned. It appears to be on the National Register of Historic Places. I am still trying to figure out the location the railroad runs and the driving distance to where Naomi was abducted. It may be worth searching near bridges along that RR line. My understanding is that the suspect had a number of hours that he could have been driving to a second location which may put this railroad line/bridges within easy driving distance. Can anyone local in Nevada shed light on this railroad line or bridges over gulches or creeks?

I can't verify the exact location you are referring to (would have to look into that) but I can say there are railroad lines, bridges, mines all over parts of NV. It literally is like looking for a needle in a haystack, imo. SO many possibilities to stash, hide or even bury someone :(

Did find this while looking up the bridge. There is mention of a railroad that would appear to be in the area as well:
Fernley & Lassen - Willows Creek/Gulch Bridge

SBM. While I agree that it's possible that she's being held captive, I don't think love or infatuation is part of the equation. IMO this guy is likely a sexual predator.

Naomi's co-workers likely didn't even know what type of car she drove. After all, they were shuttled in.

Whomever the perpetrator turns out to be, he looked at the person in her car for a good while. Perhaps to make sure it was her if that is the case.

Of course, the perpetrator would have had to find out which shuttle area.

JMO

Last edited:
Agreed. As much as I want to remain optimistic, it's just not looking good, imo. I also don't feel like this is his first time :(
Everytime I see the picture of that truck on the road, blatantly driving past the camera, I get chills. It's as if they're taunting LE and saying, it's done and I'm out of here. It seems the perp has had no problem with being on security cameras. I can't recall any other case where there was actual video of the crime. Pictures of the car parked before being identified, and apparently the perp driving the suspicious truck. It's as if the creep was incredibly stupidly, unaware or that they wanted to be seen. At this point anything could have happened and nothing will surprise me. It appears most of the activity occurred in close proximity to Wal-Mart. I think they should concentrate on the area where the phone last pinged. That's where I think they'll find her. What or why of things that happened from that Saturday morning she was taken and the afternoon her car was located, I have no idea. But, I don't think he's in the area anymore. Or they're right in their face. I can't get rid of the feeling this person is someone that can be easily identified. That's why they covered themselves up so completely. I also know perps will wear two or three layers of clothing so they can't be recognized by what they're wearing. I could go on and on with questions or observations I have, but I have to stop. My mind is whirring.
I have a question though. I was at a local store yesterday that caters to contractors, and farm and ranch people. Many Chevy pick ups in the parking lot. Most were 2500 and 3500. I couldn't tell the difference. So I'm asking how can LE tell the difference from a picture? E.g. year, chrome door handles, after market rear window. I want to know what makes it worth 60 to 80 thousand dollars...Sorry for the length of post, just so many questions and I think loose ends.

Everytime I see the picture of that truck on the road, blatantly driving past the camera, I get chills. It's as if they're taunting LE and saying, it's done and I'm out of here. It seems the perp has had no problem with being on security cameras. I can't recall any other case where there was actual video of the crime. Pictures of the car parked before being identified, and apparently the perp driving the suspicious truck. It's as if the creep was incredibly stupidly, unaware or that they wanted to be seen. At this point anything could have happened and nothing will surprise me. It appears most of the activity occurred in close proximity to Wal-Mart. I think they should concentrate on the area where the phone last pinged. That's where I think they'll find her. What or why of things that happened from that Saturday morning she was taken and the afternoon her car was located, I have no idea. But, I don't think he's in the area anymore. Or they're right in their face. I can't get rid of the feeling this person is someone that can be easily identified. That's why they covered themselves up so completely. I also know perps will wear two or three layers of clothing so they can't be recognized by what they're wearing. I could go on and on with questions or observations I have, but I have to stop. My mind is whirring.
I have a question though. I was at a local store yesterday that caters to contractors, and farm and ranch people. Many Chevy pick ups in the parking lot. Most were 2500 and 3500. I couldn't tell the difference. So I'm asking how can LE tell the difference from a picture? E.g. year, chrome door handles, after market rear window. I want to know what makes it worth 60 to 80 thousand dollars...Sorry for the length of post, just so many questions and I think loose ends.

Agreed, the way he was covered and deliberately paced makes me think it wasn't an accident or he just wasn't concerned about the visibility. The very limited description of him and the truck could easily match 1000's of other people in our area. There are lots of high end trucks too. My dh's coworker bought a similar truck and I was shocked at the price! lol

I'm also torn on the timeline because details either haven't been released or we simply don't know. They estimate he came back for the truck approx 10 hours afterwards. That gives him a minimum of 4 hours each way, possibly more, depending on what he did or where he went. Also curious when he actually parked her car where they found it. Did he drive immediately there and transfer to truck or do whatever he did, drive her car and then get his truck? So many questions.

As for LE, I imagine they are leaving no stones uncovered in the search for the truck. They have enough info but I can't imagine they are all experts on every type of vehicle and their features, etc. I would hope (expect) they are following all leads and checking anything that comes close to that description.

The location of the last ping is 10 minutes away from the point of abduction. The area has been searched already. Chances are that it was just the place where her phone was taken from her (while still in the car) and then they could have continued on without being tracked.

The location of the last ping is 10 minutes away from the point of abduction. The area has been searched already. Chances are that it was just the place where her phone was taken from her and then they could have continued on without being tracked.
Wasn't it reported that it was pings that led them to the cars location? Just a thought but has Lowe's or Wal-Mart been searched? Have search dogs been mentioned? I know LE doesn't want to compromise their case, but this is what happens when info is released piece meal. It's a tough job for LE and I applaud them for the fine line they have to maintain. JMO

Agreed, the way he was covered and deliberately paced makes me think it wasn't an accident or he just wasn't concerned about the visibility. The very limited description of him and the truck could easily match 1000's of other people in our area. There are lots of high end trucks too. My dh's coworker bought a similar truck and I was shocked at the price! lol

I'm also torn on the timeline because details either haven't been released or we simply don't know. They estimate he came back for the truck approx 10 hours afterwards. That gives him a minimum of 4 hours each way, possibly more, depending on what he did or where he went. Also curious when he actually parked her car where they found it. Did he drive immediately there and transfer to truck or do whatever he did, drive her car and then get his truck? So many questions.

As for LE, I imagine they are leaving no stones uncovered in the search for the truck. They have enough info but I can't imagine they are all experts on every type of vehicle and their features, etc. I would hope (expect) they are following all leads and checking anything that comes close to that description.
If he transfered her from her car to his truck immediately, the truck would have to be parked very near where her car was found. Her phone was pinging for the first 10 minutes, so perhaps a stop would have been detected.

Wasn't it reported that it was pings that led them to the cars location? Just a thought but has Lowe's or Wal-Mart been searched? Have search dogs been mentioned? I know LE doesn't want to compromise their case, but this is what happens when info is released piece meal. It's a tough job for LE and I applaud them for the fine line they have to maintain. JMO
BBM. Yes, but not necessarily the last ping. It could mean that the car travelled through that location at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shipslady