Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GH video posted here back a few pages has the woman's whole story - she initially went walking with her dog up a hill in a sort of nature area where she said there are never any other cars, but this day (Feb 9) while walking him, she sees another car pull in the lot and takes notice of it. It does leave, but as she sees when she drives out (using really the only path she would take to leave), the car had been waiting underneath an overpass and as soon as she drives by, it begins following her. It continues to follow her through several turns and even driving through busy parking lots. I think we can all agree that is not normal behavior. Even if the car had pulled over to answer a phone call or send a text or was lost and looking up directions and just happened to pull out again after she drove by, there is absolutely no reason to follow her through parking lots and then continue on driving and following her for an innocent reason IMO.

She started filming the car following her while she was still driving. Then she pulls into the parking lot where we see the video from and you can see how he acts then.

I believe him following her was absolutely deliberate and it was not due to road rage as she was walking her dog when he first saw her and decided to pull over and wait for her to drive by so he could follow. IMO, I think he was hoping she'd not notice him and lead him to her house or another secluded area. I think he intended to just keep following her through that parking lot where she ended up stopping and filming him and maybe because he saw her filming he was like "Oh s***" and pretended to "just want to talk to her" by gesturing for the window roll down.

I have no idea if it's TD but looks a LOT like him and IMO this woman had good reason to be scared, even if it ends up being a different man. His behavior was not normal nor acceptable.

The GH video posted here back a few pages has the woman's whole story - she initially went walking with her dog up a hill in a sort of nature area where she said there are never any other cars, but this day (Feb 9) while walking him, she sees another car pull in the lot and takes notice of it. It does leave, but as she sees when she drives out (using really the only path she would take to leave), the car had been waiting underneath an overpass and as soon as she drives by, it begins following her. It continues to follow her through several turns and even driving through busy parking lots. I think we can all agree that is not normal behavior. Even if the car had pulled over to answer a phone call or send a text or was lost and looking up directions and just happened to pull out again after she drove by, there is absolutely no reason to follow her through parking lots and then continue on driving and following her for an innocent reason IMO.

She started filming the car following her while she was still driving. Then she pulls into the parking lot where we see the video from and you can see how he acts then.

I believe him following her was absolutely deliberate and it was not due to road rage as she was walking her dog when he first saw her and decided to pull over and wait for her to drive by so he could follow. IMO, I think he was hoping she'd not notice him and lead him to her house or another secluded area. I think he intended to just keep following her through that parking lot where she ended up stopping and filming him and maybe because he saw her filming he was like "Oh s***" and pretended to "just want to talk to her" by gesturing for the window roll down.

I have no idea if it's TD but looks a LOT like him and IMO this woman had good reason to be scared, even if it ends up being a different man. His behavior was not normal nor acceptable.
Thank you for posting this! We are here on WS because we care about all these missing people and the families that care about them. We have been so impressed with Casey and admired his #trustthefamily hashtag. Here we have a women that has come forward with her story and it really does not matter if it is TD or not, I believe it is, because she felt threatened! After hearing about Naomi and seeing the suspect she thought it was the same creeper. She told her story to LE and posted it online. If she thought is was TD, she probably had terrible thoughts about how close she could have come to being abducted and murdered. I think most people in that situation would. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt because we all see how often stuff like this leads to tragedy. #trusthefamily #trustyourinstincts

ETA- MOO!

Thank you for posting this! We are here on WS because we care about all these missing people and the families that care about them. We have been so impressed with Casey and admired his #trustthefamily hashtag. Here we have a women that has come forward with her story and it really does not matter if it is TD or not, I believe it is, because she felt threatened! After hearing about Naomi and seeing the suspect she thought it was the same creeper. She told her story to LE and posted it online. If she thought is was TD, she probably had terrible thoughts about how close she could have come to being abducted and murdered. I think most people in that situation would. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt because we all see how often stuff like this leads to tragedy. #trusthefamily #trustyourinstincts

ETA- MOO!
There's nothing innocent about stalking, by a stranger or otherwise. She was lucky that he didn't wait for her by her car and attack/harrass her in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps he didn't know if the car occupant was male or female. TD or not, she could have been harmed.

Perhaps he wanted her to roll down her window and he was going to tell her something was wrong with her car and that he’d look at it for her. She’s very lucky that she noticed he was following her.

I believe there was a clear attempt to intimidate her, which is assault. Following her could be stalking. And intentionally blocking her getting away can be kidnapping. But even if those actions did not rise to the level of chargeable crimes, they certainly justify having an officer look into it. That is what would happen where I live. Any woman being treated that way needs to feel comfortable calling the police and knowing they will take it seriously.
I wonder if he could have been on drugs. He seems so hyper. And also this woman had no idea what he was trying to say maybe other than rolling her window down.

I read someone suggesting it could be meth.
I know nothing about meth or other drugs. But what kind of drugs can cause this kind of strange hyper behaviour.
The behaviour that woman encountered is very different from when TD kidnapped Naomi

I don't disagree with you. It's just that he followed her and apparently cornered her in a parking lot. If she's concerned enough to call 911, they should come out, talk to the other driver, see if he's got any warrants out for him, see if his car is stolen, see if he's armed etc. Officers are trained to determine whether someone is potentially dangerous. This might be getting too far off topic.
And check if he's intoxicated. I bet he used something.

That type of "incompetence" defense drives me crazy. A person is "competent" enough to drive a car, maintain employment, perform all activities of daily living, and also carry out a heinous crime. Then, his defense time wants a competency exam?

My hope for Naomi's family is that this guy takes a quick deal, and goes away for a long time.

But he really has nothing to lose by stringing this out for as long as possible.

I agree. And a number of people have said that it was an uncontrollable impulse. Who was it—maybe John Douglas—who points out that unless they’d have done the same thing in front of a police officer, don’t call it uncontrollable.

MOO too

There's nothing innocent about stalking, by a stranger or otherwise. She was lucky that he didn't wait for her by her car and attack/harrass her in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps he didn't know if the car occupant was male or female. TD or not, she could have been harmed.
I think maybe he didn't wait by her car to attack was because she had her dog/dogs with her. I wonder what type of dog it was. He didn't want to risk a dog bite. Maybe he was hoping he could follow her home. JMO

Troy Driver is 41 years old. It's very unusual for a 41 year old to suddenly start abducting and murdering young women. It's quite likely that he has done this before, and that he avoided getting caught by successfully obscuring the abduction and the victim's body. He was almost successful in doing this with Naomi - except for the Sherwin-Williams cameras.

So much focus is on a woman who was spooked by a man, whose licence plate she knows, and whom she believes followed her to abduct her. There's no reason to believe that this man is Troy Driver. The man is not driving a personal or work truck. He is not known to be missing half an ear. He is not sneaky and stealthy like Troy Driver was with Naomi. He did not learn the woman's routines and then shock her by entering her vehicle. Nothing about the man that she saw resembles Troy Driver.

What other missing women are there in the areas where Troy Driver lived for the last 8-10 years? There are very likely real victims of Troy Driver who experienced the same scenario that Naomi did - a type of blitz attack where they did not see it coming, and once it started there was no way to stop it.

I think maybe he didn't wait by her car to attack was because she had her dog/dogs with her. I wonder what type of dog it was. He didn't want to risk a dog bite. Maybe he was hoping he could follow her home. JMO
American bulldogs I think she said on GH.
Big dogs with a big head.
TD breeding rottweilers would make sense of that guy not being afraid to target that woman.

Troy Driver is 41 years old. It's very unusual for a 41 year old to suddenly start abducting and murdering young women. It's quite likely that he has done this before, and that he avoided getting caught by successfully obscuring the abduction and the victim's body. He was almost successful in doing this with Naomi - except for the Sherwin-Williams cameras.

So much focus is on a woman who was spooked by a man, whose licence plate she knows, and whom she believes followed her to abduct her. There's no reason to believe that this man is Troy Driver. The man is not driving a personal or work truck. He is not known to be missing half an ear. He is not sneaky and stealthy like Troy Driver was with Naomi. He did not learn the woman's routines and then shock her by entering her vehicle. Nothing about the man that she saw resembles Troy Driver.

What other missing women are there in the areas where Troy Driver lived for the last 8-10 years? There are very likely real victims of Troy Driver who experienced the same scenario that Naomi did - a type of blitz attack where they did not see it coming, and once it started there was no way to stop it.
I wonder if he would target only women.
The first murder he was involved in was a male drug dealer.

I was thinking about him driving a company truck with a green flashlight on top.
Having safety vests radio's, a helmet and God knows what else.
He could have portrayed himself as some safety guy.

I was thinking of missing Patrick Carnes.
An old man and his dog that went missing on their way to Elko. Patrick Carnes was pulled over by LE.
TD could be listening to police scanners to look for victims.
Carnes' car was found just off the highway, I think the car got stuck in the sand

TD is charged for robbery.
He could be pretending to be a tow truck and rob, kill or abduct people.

Last edited:
Furthermore, regarding the woman who was walking her dog in an isolated location while the man was parked nearby, he would have abducted her at that location if that was his intent. Remember Meredith Emerson, the overdue hiker who survived 3 days before she was hunted like an animal? She was hiking with her dog and was abducted in the parking lot as she attempted to go home.

It seems like this unknown woman has become a major part of the discussion about the abduction and murder of Naomi Irion. That is, she is "the one that got away" from Troy Driver even though there's nothing to connect Troy Driver to this woman, or to support the theory that the man in the car had any ill intent towards her.

I wonder if he would target only women.
The first murder he was involved in was a male drug dealer.

I was thinking about him driving a company truck with a green flashlight on top.
Having safety vests radio's, a helmet and God knows what else.
He could have portrayed himself as some safety guy.

I was thinking of missing Patrick Carnes.
An old men and his dog that went missing on their way to Elko. Patrick Carnes was pulled over by LE.
TD could be listening to police scanners to look for victims.
Carnes' car was found just off the highway, I think the car got stuck in the sand

TD is charged for robbery.
He could be pretending to be a tow truck and rob, kill or abduct people.

Serial murderers, which is what Troy Driver would be if he indeed attempted to abduct someone in the past and failed, tend to have a modus operandi. We know that Troy Driver is a planner. He planned where to hide his truck, where and when to abduct Naomi, how to subdue her, where to take her, how to kill her, how to where to hide her body, and how to get away with it. If he did this in the past, he would have used the same tactics. That's his MO.

There's nothing similar between what happened to Naomi and this woman who was spooked by someone who visibly tried to get her attention while she's filming him.

I do believe that he would only target female teens and young women. His first conviction was for helping a woman get away with murdering her boyfriend - planning the perfect murder.

I hope it’s not fried because I’ve a feeling his defence team could use that to argue that he’s not mentally together, that he’s had to self medicate with pot over the years. JMO.
I don't think that would be a valid defense considering the field he worked in. And I would think Ledcor did regular drug testing. Just a thought. MOO

Furthermore, regarding the woman who was walking her dog in an isolated location while the man was parked nearby, he would have abducted her at that location if that was his intent. Remember Meredith Emerson, the overdue hiker who survived 3 days before she was hunted like an animal? She was hiking with her dog and was abducted in the parking lot as she attempted to go home.

It seems like this unknown woman has become a major part of the discussion about the abduction and murder of Naomi Irion. That is, she is "the one that got away" from Troy Driver even though there's nothing to connect Troy Driver to this woman, or to support the theory that the man in the car had any ill intent towards her.
No the dogs were off leash and outside of the car.
TD knows his dogs if he breeds rottweilers.

It makes perfect sense to follow her and try to lure her out of her car towards his car.
He knew those dogs would attack him.
He could have walked over to her car, but he didn't. He couldn't do what he did with Naomi and get in this woman's car

Serial murderers, which is what Troy Driver would be if he indeed attempted to abduct someone in the past and failed, tend to have a modus operandi. We know that Troy Driver is a planner. He planned where to hide his truck, where and when to abduct Naomi, how to subdue her, where to take her, how to kill her, how to where to hide her body, and how to get away with it. If he did this in the past, he would have used the same tactics. That's his MO.

There's nothing similar between what happened to Naomi and this woman who was spooked by someone who visibly tried to get her attention while she's filming him.

I do believe that he would only target female teens and young women. His first conviction was for helping a woman get away with murdering her boyfriend - planning the perfect murder.
We believe he is a planner. We don't have much of any details about what he did aside from our own assumptions.

That guy in the car looks similar. Talking about that possibility isn't taking away from discussing this case...especially as we wait for more information to be released to the public.

SBM, BBM. Apart from his looks and stalking his victim. TD could have more than one MO and he likely had access to a sedan.

I'm wondering why TD's best friend was so adamant that he's innocent?

No the dogs were off leash and outside of the car.
TD knows his dogs if he breeds rottweilers.

It makes perfect sense to follow her and try to lure her out of her car towards his car.
He knew those dogs would attack him.
He could have walked over to her car, but he didn't. He couldn't do what he did with Naomi and get in this woman's car

Meredith Emerson's very well-trained dog was off-leash too. That doesn't make any difference if someone is going to become a victim of abduction. I would be surprised if the woman's dog(s) were attack dogs. Most people's dogs are socialized pets - regardless of breed.

If this woman was going to be abducted, it would have happened while she was alone and hiking with her dog, not in a parking lot some distance away.

Furthermore, if the man in the car was afraid of dogs, he would never have zeroed in on her in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member