Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she was ever in his truck for a couple of reasons. He seems to be super cautious not to leave behind any evidence/DNA. (hands in pockets possibly concealing that he's wearing gloves, also the hoodie). If he put her in his truck he would have to spend a lot of time washing, vacuuming, etc. to be sure nothing was left behind to connect her to his vehicle. He had everything precisely timed out, knowing exactly when to make his move as she opened her door. IMO he's very confident, narcissistic, arrogant.

Has anybody seen a picture or video of the truck that shows the back of the box/rear bumper?

To my knowledge, LE has only released that one photo taken on the road in front of Sherwin-Williams. It does not show the front or the back. AFASIK, LE has not mentioned the license plate or the presence or absence of a tow hitch.

The comment about from the CNN article may just be a bad journalistic turn of phrase: " Authorities are not providing details on the vehicle's owner."

I don't think it means anything positive or negative about identifying the owner. I think it's the journalist's way of writing that makes it seem more than it is. Essentially, they have not said anything about an owner, one way or the other.

Exactly, carbuff !

I was in a Lowe’s parking lot 2 days ago and there must have been 15-20 heavy-duty pickup trucks. Most were white, some gray or silver, a few blue, a couple red. Not too many black ones. Fords, Rams, Chevy’s, an occasional Tundra.

The 2021 Chevy Silverado HD 2500 is listed with a 36 gallon fuel tank, claiming up to 540 miles on a full tank.

I think he filled up within 24 hours of this crime and from less than 50 miles away. The east end of Sparks, NV along I-80 has numerous truck stop and regular gas places and he would not stand out at all in any of those places filling up. That’s about 30 miles from Fernley on the freeway

Adding a bit to my thoughts on finding his truck: "I think he filled up within 24 hours of this crime and from less than 50 miles away. The east end of Sparks, NV along I-80 has numerous truck stop and regular gas places and he would not stand out at all in any of those places filling up. That’s about 30 miles from Fernley on the freeway"

I really think he is too careful to fill his vehicle at the Flying J truck stop in Fernley, on the north side of the freeway nearly across from Walmart, or anywhere in Fernley for that matter.

However, with a full tank, and not pulling a trailer he has a very far range to his next fillup. The radius of his next fill-up would be between San Francisco and Salt Lake City, between Medford, OR and Las Vegas. Impossible without a huge piece of luck to follow him.

The best chance is to find out where he filled up before the crime.

On FR24, the same helicoper B06 that was up over Mason Valley yesterday is now east of Fallon over Highway 50, and around the hills just east of Fallon, about 50 miles from Fernley. It's flight path has been following Highway 50, which would be one of the less trafficked roads east towards Utah.

On FR24, the same helicoper B06 that was up over Mason Valley yesterday is now east of Fallon over Highway 50, and around the hills just east of Fallon, about 50 miles from Fernley. It's flight path has been following Highway 50, which would be one of the less trafficked roads east towards Utah.

Oh yeah! I saw him (B06) hovering over the hill directly to the North of the Apple Data Center near Clark, NV for what seemed to be ~10 minutes, not moving at all. And then he just disappeared off the radar. Almost like he turned off his transponder or something. I feel like this was 2-3 hours ago. But since he's down near Mason right now I guess he didn't find anything on that hill after all.

Oh yeah! I saw him (B06) hovering over the hill directly to the North of the Apple Data Center near Clark, NV for what seemed to be ~10 minutes, not moving at all. And then he just disappeared off the radar. Almost like he turned off his transponder or something. I feel like this was 2-3 hours ago. But since he's down near Mason right now I guess he didn't find anything on that hill after all.

He's south of Highway 50, near Slate Mountain, lurking around the canyons and hills of those small mountain ranges

An awful lot of territory out there to search. There must be some reasoning to the choices in the search field.

It's not like these are places that workmen like power line maintenance, or gas line maintenance, or highway crews, or other transitory workmen would be likely to know about.

Okay, I see now, there are TWO B06s up right now. The one you're talking about and the one I'm talking about.

Update: And NOW it's gone, so I look like a crazy person. Must remember to take screen shots! But the B06 was doing a grid search around the Alkali Lake Management Area when I saw it.

This one?

N356L B06 Near Battle Mountain, NV Wed 07:40AM PDT

Nope, my B06 ( #2) is about 120 miles south of Battle Mountain, futzing around Highway 31 at Big Kasok Mountain. Maybe he's spotting Bighorn Sheep?

That flight originated in Carson City, not Reno. The Nevada BLM headquarters is in Carson City, so I think it might be related to BLM / wildlife management issues. It's far too randomly focused to be a search for Naomi, IMHO. The grid search pattern over the Virginia Peak area north of Fernley was clearly a LE type search. This is not.

Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

It sounds like these are a fleet of Bell copters. Are they related to mining or some other commercial venture?

Last edited:
An odd set of circumstances for sure. Of course, there is likely much detail not released by LE.

I have absolutely no empiric data to support this (though it would be an interesting descriptive statistical study), but random female kidnapping victims seem to be overwhelming petite. Not always, but often, just based on my observations.

Naomi is 5'11" 230 - 250 pounds according to LE. Makes me wonder if the perp knows her and the motive is personal.

Last edited:
An odd set of circumstances for sure. Of course, there is likely much detail not released by LE.

I have absolutely no empiric data to support this (though it would be an interesting descriptive statistical study), but random female kidnapping victims seem to be overwhelming petite. Not always, but often, just based on my observations.

Naomi is 5'11" 230 - 250 pounds according to LE. Is it possible this isn't random?

I think this isnt his first, or she knew him

Question, I see the helicopter appears to be searching at least in the vicinity of White River Reservation. If the perp is from the Reservation, and has returned, or from the Pyramid Lake Palute Reservation, which is also easy driving distance to Fernley, do LE, even Feds, have jurisdiction there, or can he hide away and have to be extradited?

I have an 18 year old daughter that works early am and this petrifies me. The way these kids sit in their cars on their phones, completely oblivious is worrisome. It's normal--they are young and nobody ever thinks this can happen to them.

It also occurs to me that we might becoming less aware or oblivious to people wandering as he was due to so many homeless or pan handlers all over the place now. It's just the world we live in now.

I have to admit watching that video in hindsight is a lot more chilling AFTER we know what happened but in all honesty, I likely wouldn't have thought much of it. I always lock my doors and keep a watch out if I'm in a parking lot like that but I wouldn't have immediately thought he was up to no good. Scary!

Following her story has prompted me to talk to my 17 year old daughter. She often gets off work at 9 or 9:30 and I know that she is checking her phone on the way to the car and after she gets in. I told her just last night to make sure she locked her doors as soon as she gets in and to look around before opening the door especially in a dark parking lot. She said I always do Mom but it is a very good reminder because we just assume we are safe.

Naomi probably thought she was safe as well. So heartbreaking

Without seeing video footage of him entering the car... is it possible this was not a kidnapping, but a planned rendezvous of sorts?

Also still wondering about any ties to a family member's job... could this be a ransom kidnapping?

Naomi is 5'11" 230 - 250 pounds according to LE. Makes me wonder if the perp knows her and the motive is personal.

I wondered about that too, but I'm inclined to think that this is not the first time that he has abducted someone - so he's not worried about having difficulties over-powering a young woman who is 5'11 and 240 lbs.

Without seeing video footage of him entering the car... is it possible this was not a kidnapping, but a planned rendezvous of sorts?

Also still wondering about any ties to a family member's job... could this be a ransom kidnapping?

Based on them finding evidence of a crime in her car, my gut says no. However, that doesn't rule out a rendezvous possibly with a stranger that she thought she knew or wanted to know better from online.

I think some kind of demand would have been made by now if it was for ransom. It’s been 11 days, and nothing.

Thanks for bringing this up. I watched a segment on Naomi last night with a theory of human trafficking. I immediately thought she doesn’t meet the profile. The host didn’t know her height/weight. Not saying this doesn’t happen to us bigger girls. all imo.

hi. Her brother saw the actual abduction. I think it will be ingrained in him til death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95