GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that they will have to try you with the laws that were present at the time of the offense.

I understand that, just not that they took him to to a juv facility.

What I can't get my head around is why a middle aged adult, parent, would decide it's preferable to make sure there's a gun in the car and go take care of things along with their adult child, rather than pick up the phone and dial three digits.
Something doesn't add up here. Maybe I'm missing something. How is one counseling, cookie giving and kind...and also comfortable with putting their own kids in danger.

If this case goes to trial, hopefully the details of what exactly what went on in all those park visits (gifting of cash, etc) will be examined by the defense.

This is one strange case.

I totally agree ((ITA))

putting her own kid in danger is what freaks me out about this too. JMHO

I understand that, just not that they took him to to a juv facility.

Yes. I agree. Even if his offenses are from him Being a Juvenile, He at 19 should not be in a juvenile jail. Are we sure of his age?

What I can't get my head around is why a middle aged adult, parent, would decide it's preferable to make sure there's a gun in the car and go take care of things along with their adult child, rather than pick up the phone and dial three digits.
Something doesn't add up here. Maybe I'm missing something. How is one counseling, cookie giving and kind...and also comfortable with putting their own kids in danger.

If this case goes to trial, hopefully the details of what exactly what went on in all those park visits (gifting of cash, etc) will be examined by the defense.

This is one strange case.

This is why I believe there is so much more to this. This sounds personal. Not random. The son says he begged his mom to call 911 but she said Im going with or without you.

That is not a normal response to a man threatening your kid on the road. Once you arrive home you call police, Or you call them from the car.
Why would she go out looking for him? Because she knew who it was and where he lived. No one would randomly drive around looking for someone who gave them a hard time on the road.
Something is up.

It appears that everyone in the Meyers likely not only knew who EN was, they most likely all knew him personally. They knew his name. They knew where he lived.

But no one in the Meyers family said they knew him or told police his name or told police where to find him or said anything about the counseling and consoling and feeding and dog walking and so forth until after the police arrested EN at his home one block away from their home.

That sure looks to me like they were trying to keep secret their history with EN. Whatever that history is, which we don't yet know.
Furthermore, Bob Meyers told the media that they purposely didn't tell LE that they knew EN because they were afraid of EN. That validates the police were not told about EN at all.

I'm sure EN was very close friends with the Meyers children in the past, and that's how TM ended up mentoring him. That's how I end up mentoring all of the lost souls who end up on my doorstep. I don't just find random kids to take under my wings. They were my children's friends who practically lived at my house because they were my children's best friends. This is one aspect of the case I can relate to. I fully believe TM did feed him, etc. I'm always pulling out leftovers and feeding my children's friends when they walk in the door, even their long lost friends who turn up after going down the wrong path for a few years.

My understanding is that they will have to try you with the laws that were present at the time of the offense.

You would think, but look at that Michael (I forget his name. Kennedy cousin. Allegedly killed Martha somebody when he was 15.) They didn't give him the sentence he should have gotten as a juvenile offender which never seemed legally sound to me.

(Note to myself: don't go to Connecticutt or Vegas.)

Yes. I agree. Even if his offenses are from him Being a Juvenile, He at 19 should not be in a juvenile jail. Are we sure of his age?

I think we can be pretty sure about his age because there have been accounts of his father's death in 2010 when he was 14 or 15. He looks very young though. Maybe when they picked him up and put him in juvey they thought he was younger (?)

I think we can be pretty sure about his age because there have been accounts of his father's death in 2010 when he was 14 or 15. He looks very young though. Maybe when they picked him up and put him in juvey they thought he was younger (?)

Allegedly pick up on an undisclosed 2-year-old warrant, according to LE.

If EN did do this, the Meyers family has bent over backwards IMO to ensure he can't be convicted.

Why would they do this?

That makes no sense. If they knew he didn't resemble the description they knew it when they took him in.

We are not getting the entire story from LE as to what was going on and why they took him in .....in the first place.
They didn't take him in for the TM shooting. He was picked up on an old warrant. While he was there, they asked him about the TM shooting. They probably asked every person they had in the station about the TM shooting. He denied any involvement. They let him go because he didn't resemble the sketch. Like all good detectives, they followed up on his alibi. When it turned out to be a fake alibi, he became a suspect. It was clear the police did not know anything about EM and were looking for the sketch. Shortly after EM was arrested, LE said the sketch was no longer relevant. It was obvious the police were sent on a while goose chase with that sketch.

Well, whoever they got his name from, it sure doesn't look like it was from the Meyers.
Yes! It's more likely his "friends" contacted police instead of the police questioning friends after the alibi didn't hold.

If EN did do this, the Meyers family has bent over backwards IMO to ensure he can't be convicted.

Why would they do this?

JMO--I think you've asked the big question. It's puzzling.
What follows is speculation only, I have no evidence...But, let's say something embarrassing went on between the two families, or stuff that is flat out illegal. Wouldn't you think that that once things escalated to the point that the mother is dead the coverup temptation would disappear?

I mean, let the chips fall where they may. We will never get our mom back. It's time to buck up and face the music, because we need justice for mom.

But, that didn't happen. Why?
What behavior(s) or events(s) are so worth "protecting" that they chose to appear to obstruct a murder investigation?

Anybody remember the 1st gun Bob said his son used on the alleged perp? Or the 2nd or 3rd one?

All I can think of is some weird misguided loyalty- maybe the family thought Tammy would not want EN jailed over this????

JMO--I think you've asked the big question. It's puzzling.
What follows is speculation only, I have no evidence...But, let's say something embarrassing went on between the two families, or stuff that is flat out illegal. Wouldn't you think that that once things escalated to the point that the mother is dead the coverup temptation would disappear?

I mean, let the chips fall where they may. We will never get our mom back. It's time to buck up and face the music, because we need justice for mom.

But, that didn't happen. Why?
What behavior(s) or events(s) are so worth "protecting" that they chose to appear to obstruct a murder investigation?

LOL, I had missed the page where you already made the same point. Apologies.

All I can think of is some weird misguided loyalty- maybe the family thought Tammy would not want EN jailed over this????

How does that make sense? If he killed her in cold blood?

Most cases I find intriguing this one I find annoying because we are trying to find the truth in all the lies. And it is not just one side lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes