GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think LE would still be looking for the "original Road Rager" because maybe that dude has information that could help the case. Like, did he notice anything at the park? What was the neighborhood mood like? Did he see an Audi terrorizing anyone? Etc.

He could corobate the story and place TM and KM on a certain street at a certain time.

It's like he never existed the was LE dropped him.

You would think LE would still be looking for the "original Road Rager" because maybe that dude has information that could help the case. Like, did he notice anything at the park? What was the neighborhood mood like? Did he see an Audi terrorizing anyone? Etc.

He could corobate the story and place TM and KM on a certain street at a certain time.

I'm thinking that at some point the alleged driving lessons and alleged road rage are dropped from the storyline completely. Because I still think they never happened.

I was thinking that earlier today-- when this goes to trial it's dropped as part of the narrative.

I think DA is going to say the backstory doesn't matter and that the only thing on trial is that EN killed TM.

But I think the context does matter.

I'm going to be very curious to see when this alleged murder conspiracy happened on EN/Andrews' part. It could make way more sense if the alleged road rager was somehow connected with EN and it could be shown EN knew about and plotted with the road rager to carry out the threat made by the road rager. That could also explain TM's alleged justification in knowing who the road rager was as the reason she went back out armed. If the DA was to say EN had planned a murder ambush of the Buick for driving weird at the school but happened to get ambushed first, I'd find that fantastical; if the DA says there was a conspiracy that formed in the seconds between EN directing Andrews to EN's home and them arriving at the Meyers, I'd say good luck with that.

Early I had said on here that I didn't understand why they both have the same charges, which now I think I've figured it out, though I'm still trying to understand what the DA's narrative would. With Conspiracy you don't have to prove who took the actions, just that there was a plot:
One important feature of a conspiracy charge is that it relieves prosecutors of the need to prove the particular roles of conspirators. If two persons plot to kill another (and this can be proven), and the victim is indeed killed as a result of the actions of either conspirator, it is not necessary to prove with specificity which of the conspirators actually pulled the trigger. (Otherwise, both conspirators could conceivably handle the gun, leaving two sets of fingerprints and then demand acquittals for both, based on the fact that the prosecutor would be unable to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, which of the two conspirators was the triggerman). A conspiracy conviction requires proof that (a) the conspirators did indeed conspire to commit the crime, and (b) the crime was committed by an individual involved in the conspiracy. Proof of which individual it was is usually not necessary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(criminal)
However, proving that there was a conspiracy seems harder to prove in this case than proving that Nawsch fired the gun.

I dunno. FFH looks like someone you would call for a ride home. But conspiracy to plot and commit a murder? Secretary of the College of Nevada Environmental Science Club? He's going to look like Howdee Doodee on the stand.

The DA is confirming that neither Nowsch nor Andrews had anything to do with the alleged road rage:
That's bull. If the DA insists on this crazy change, he DA needs to find the other car and its driver. As a juror, I would want proof.

This whole to car version is nuts. I can't understand why the DA embraces it. That means TM and BM chased the wrong car. I'd be terrified if a green buick showed up out of nowhere chasing me and brandishing a gun.

:tyou: jayme1133!

:waiting: to see if he looks anything like the sketch. :thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He doesn't look anything like the sketch. Derek Andrews has red hair. THIS is why the DA is trying to insist there were two different cars. I don't think it's going to work. The jury is going to want to know who was in the sketch and other car.

Derek has a damn good chance of being found not guilty if he keeps his mouth shut.

I dunno. DA looks like someone you would call for a ride home. But conspiracy to plot and commit a murder? Secretary of the College of Nevada Environmental Science Club? He's going to look like Howdee Doodee on the stand.

And someone who was involved in building his community through volunteerism, which is documented because it was in conjunction with a community group effort with members who are witnesses to this. (Not just through a story)...

But I suppose we will have to see if and how this shapes up. Maybe he can clarify some things...

We are going to have to make a distinction between DA and the DA because DA and DA isn't going to work for me.

I was thinking that earlier today-- when this goes to trial it's dropped as part of the narrative.

I think DA is going to say the backstory doesn't matter and that the only thing on trial is that EN killed TM.

But I think the context does matter.
I sure hope the judge doesn't prevent Claus from addressing this. It's THE reason TM left the house with an armed BM! According to RM, TM did that because she knew the driver of the road rage incident and she was afraid of him. The DA can't just suddenly pretend none of that happened.

Early I had said on here that I didn't understand why they both have the same charges, which now I think I've figured it out, though I'm still trying to understand what the DA's narrative would. With Conspiracy you don't have to prove who took the actions, just that there was a plot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(criminal)
However, proving that there was a conspiracy seems harder to prove in this case than proving that Nawsch fired the gun.

Derrick is very much caught up in this conspiracy to commit murder and it will be easy for the state attorney to prove imo.

Andrews by his own free will, stopped his vehicle so EN could shoot a hail of bullets at the first location. By his own free will he was the one who drove EN to the Myers home where he opened fire murdering Tammy.

This guy may look like a nerd but he is in a heap of trouble all because he picked EN up that night and did what EN asked him to do, imo.

Now he is up to his eyeballs in this just like EN.

Conspiracies like this are easy to prove. The mere fact that they acted in tandem the evening Tammy was murdered will prove they conspired together.

Now I suppose he could say that EN pulled the gun on him and made him do all of these things although I am not sure a jury will believe that since he didn't go to the police after dropping EN off.

In fact if it had not been for Andrews and his vehicle EN wouldn't have had a way to pursue the Myers car.

Its the same way if one of the criminals goes into a bank and robs/shoots/kills a teller and the getaway driver is sitting outside. Even though the driver did not shoot anyone he is equally guilty under the law and will also be charged with murder.

That's bull. If the DA insists on this crazy change, he DA needs to find the other car and its driver. As a juror, I would want proof.

This whole to car version is nuts. I can't understand why the DA embraces it. That means TM and BM chased the wrong car. I'd be terrified if a green buick showed up out of nowhere chasing me and brandishing a gun.

I think he must embrace it. Without it, he has two people with a gun hunting down EN. He does not want to go there. And once KM takes the stand, you can bet they will open a door and the Claus team will kick it off the hinges.

This also helps EN in that now that they've arrested Freckle-Faced Haynes The Dogface Boy as the driver, they can't blame unindicted co-conspirator Lt. Iceman for conspiring with EN. All they have now is two frightened groups of people driving around and chasing each other with guns. I'd be terrified too if some random car pulled up 15 feet behind me when I was parked and then started chasing me when I drove with off more than once I've intentionally stop driving home and have instead driven randomly until the car behind me stopped following me and that's no comparison to what EN went through even by the Meyers own account.

According to HuffPo, the conspiracy charges are because both of them tried to delete their cell phone records.

"Nowsch has pleaded not guilty to the murder, attempted murder and weapon charges. He is expected to plead not guilty to the conspiracy charge that Stanton said stemmed from allegations that Andrews and Nowsch tried to erase their cellphone records to prevent police from linking them to the shooting."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/20/tammy-meyers-killing-second-suspect_n_6912394.html

EN isn't the spiky-haired dude. Neither is DA (we're calling him DDA?).

Wrong car or the road rage didn't happen. Pick your poison.

And yeah, IMO the green Buick showed up out of nowhere brandishing a gun and chasing the Audi. This is largely why I'm much more sympathetic to EN's perspective than I was before the road rage story came unraveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020