NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I'm so glad these kids didn't give him a ride!

MALONE — Four young people think they may have seen David Sweat at 2:30 a.m. Sunday, less than 5 miles from the Canadian border.
Sweat was shot and captured about 12 hours later.

Evan King, Alicia Howard and brothers Patrick and Conor Gordon told the Press-Republican that they had left McDonald’s in Malone and were driving back to Burke on Callahan Road when they saw a man on a scooter, the kind that many Amish in the area use to get around.

‘I NEED A RIDE’

He was riding it on the edge of the road.

King was driving, Patrick was the front-seat passenger of the Volvo sedan, and Conor and Howard were in back.

“We didn’t think anything of it, at first, so we turned around, and I asked him, ‘Are you all right?’” Patrick related.

“And he said, ‘I need a ride.’”

SKETCHY

The stranger, who looked scruffy and tired, was on the passenger side of the vehicle when he spoke, standing in the ditch, rather than the edge of the road as before.

“It was weird,” Howard said. “You don’t see people riding scooters at 3 in the morning.”

“We stopped because we wanted to help,” King added.

But then they “took off because we thought it was a little sketchy,” Patrick said.

CALLED POLICE

The group got a few miles down the road, then realized who it could be.

They pulled over, discussed it briefly, then King called the police tip line at 2:33 a.m.

They described to the dispatcher where they were and the farm closest to where they had seen the stranger.

“We all went home and grabbed our shotguns,” Conor said, adding that very few people in that area ride a bicycle, and only the Amish use scooters.

‘FREAKING OUT’

More than 12 hours after they crossed paths with the man, they attended a graduation party on Wheeler Road and learned that Sweat had been shot near where they had encountered the man on the scooter.

“Last night, we were freaked out when he saw him, then we saw the news that he’d been shot, and it freaked us out more.”

~snipped

More at link:http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...002-1e1d-11e5-823a-27fb15b08c82.html?mode=jqm

[video=twitter;615546863379480576]https://twitter.com/cbs6jennifer/status/615546863379480576[/video]

I wonder where he's getting this from. If it's Sweat, I think he's lying. Why would they have collected cabin and terrain info for a year if the plan was to go to Mexico? Doesn't add up for me.

There is a citation here not too long ago that states that he was in foster homes and no record has been found of him attending any schools.

I am a retired teacher and can tell you when children move around a lot and are in foster care with "chemical issues" their education is intensely affected. A child who is under severe stress would be worried about his very being, not educational issues.

He is removed from his parent(s). That is one of the most basic of a child's needs.

First, thank you for being a teacher! :) That is a difficult job that I could not do. I have no patience, really.

Second, sorry for being moody this morning (that goes out to everyone). I've found that from ages 12-18 and ages 42-?? women have some wonky hormones. JMO/TMI/OT/ just sayin!

@JessicaLayton13: David Sweat now in serious condition at Albany Med. Doctors say he will not require surgery #PrisonBreak
[video=twitter;615551974159831040]https://twitter.com/jessicalayton13/status/615551974159831040[/video]

I wonder where he's getting this from. If it's Sweat, I think he's lying. Why would they have collected cabin and terrain info for a year if the plan was to go to Mexico? Doesn't add up for me.

If it's Sweat, I think he's lying too. Didn't Tillie say that Matt and Sweat told her she would be driving them 7 hours away? You can't get to Mexico in 7 hours from Upstate New York.

HLN ‏@HLNTV now

#BREAKING - #DavidSweat told cops #JoyceMitchell was supposed to pick them up & they were planning to head to Mexico

:scared: I often do talk to text on my phone in tapatalk here, resulting in bad grammer and typing .... and I don't correct. :praying: that others here know that some of us ARE lazy and don't correct postings knowing that there are errors and poor grammar/spelling

:blush:

Yeah I'm sorry I've been moody today for no good reason (I had A reason but not a good one) and shouldn't have gotten mouthy/defensive/whatever all else. Sorry for the OTs as well (just catching up and see the mod note).

Hm. Why did they change their minds? And as someone up above asked, " Why did they have info about cabins that they collected for one year"?

Now: CNN reporting that Sweat is talking to authorities in hospital.

Until he's healthy enough to take a lie detector test, I'm not buying the Mexico story.

As per CNN, right now:

Sweat is talking to authorities.
Sweat left Matt days ago as Matt was "slowing him down".
Plan was for prison tailor to drive inmates to Mexico.

HLN ‏@HLNTV now

#BREAKING - #DavidSweat told cops #JoyceMitchell was supposed to pick them up & they were planning to head to Mexico

I don't believe it. They would have never made it to Mexico, the whole country was looking for them and by mid day on Saturday it would have been known that Joyce was with them and what they were driving.

Yeah I'm sorry I've been moody today for no good reason (I had A reason but not a good one) and shouldn't have gotten mouthy/defensive/whatever all else. Sorry for the OTs as well (just catching up and see the mod note).

You have devoted yourself to this case for days. Keeping everyone updated and informed. Typing like lightning. Intense emotions.

Thanks to you, many of the rest of us could just click and read at leisure. :highfive::highfive:

I agree, Greater Than. Matt and Sweat both would have known that LE would have been on the look out for them heading to Mexico due to Matt fleeing to Mexico in 1997. Psychopaths, as is Sweat, are very deflective, creative, calculating, and manipulative and will fool even the most experienced investigators, imo.. Their well thought out and meticulous escape plan will be 180 degrees from what Sweat reveals to interrogators, imo..

As per CNN, right now:

Sweat is talking to authorities.
Sweat left Matt days ago as Matt was "slowing him down".
Plan was for prison tailor to drive inmates to Mexico.

Also from CNN

Sweat left Matt 5 days ago (believe from yesterday)

Photo on Twitter circulating of a dead Richard Matt. Said to be real and reposted from a LEO Facebook page.
Shows Matt lying in a ditch with bullet wound to the head. If it's him, it looks like he was wearing camo clothing as well.

Seems like Sweat is sharing some details...of course I don't want to believe what is being released on Twitter since the stories are always changing/inaccurate. I also came across a photo of Matt on twitter after he was shot dead..."supposedly" it is from officers and was posted in their police group on facebook and being circulated now....:sick::dunno:

The Buffalo News ‏@TheBuffaloNews 4m4 minutes ago

David Sweat, Richard Matt split up 5 days before Matt was shot.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...ve-days-before-matt-was-fatally-shot-20150629

There's a photo of Richard Matt after he was shot circulating on twitter. I don't know how I feel about this.

FYI... There's a photo of when Matt was shot on Twitter. Didn't post it as I don't think it's MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed