GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair to the waist, not from that sketch!

hair with both girls is waist-length-but remember Amish have hair in a bonnet (re ? from reporter regarding hairdo in sketch)

They have waist length hair. Like I said they should have had sucky sketch artist draw with long hair. Last thing a kidnapper would do is leave their hair up in parted plaits.

They didn't really want either sketch done. He made a point of saying LE was releasing the sketch... not the family.

Ok, so maybe someone else outside of the community knew what the older girl looked like and helped LE come up with a sketch?

No new news
Mission moves on
Several areas being searched
Leads consistently coming in and leads on vehicle
Amish agreed to sketch of 12 yr old only
1st calls came just after 7pm last night, BOLO issued immediately
Amber Alert delayed, no plate #
Planning type 3 grid search
Been in discussions with all surrounding counties
Info from witnesses not being released at this time.
Still a white vehicle they are looking for
No divers in water
Have air support

Mr. Wells stated that these Amish are a positive group-they are resilient

I think the perp will be someone within the community.

maybe the sketch is not accurate for the same reason none was given for the youngest.

No new news
Mission moves on
Several areas being searched
Leads consistently coming in and leads on vehicle
Amish agreed to sketch of 12 yr old only
1st calls came just after 7pm last night, BOLO issued immediately
Amber Alert delayed, no plate #
Planning type 3 grid search
Been in discussions with all surrounding counties
Info from witnesses not being released at this time.
Still a white vehicle they are looking for
No divers in water
Have air support

Thank you!! Maybe I have been reading too much here today, but I could have sworn the Amber Alert had a license plate number ....

any theories? No-not limiting to any one theory

I've got nothin' :(

I brought up familial kidnapping or rescue by a disenfranchised ex community member earlier last night but it was quickly shot down as being implausible.

St. Lawrence County Sheriff Kevin Wells says the girls have heavy accents and speak in the Pennsylvania Dutch dialect. The 12-year-old speaks English.

The Sheriff also noted that because of the time that elapsed since their disappearance, it is possible that the girls may be wearing different clothing and their hair may have been cut.

http://www.localsyr.com/story/d/sto...-according-to-st/29461/NPlINtJKQUaZs9NpKDgXtw

Let's just hope in one way or another that no news is good news

I grew up in an Amish community and I really believe this theory is a long long stretch. I highly doubt this would be the case.

Sorry, didn't pick up the quote...in regards to posts about someone picking up the children to "rescue" them from the Amish.

It's a long shot but do we know if either parents family was not Amish? Could be extended family attempting to "rescue" from a life they didn't agree with?

I brought that up earlier and people got fairly upset by the suggestion of it. If you read up some posters state that Amish are free to leave and return to the community.

Speculating that someone may have issue with the Amish isn't strange. I live in Ohio, and I've certainly heard people who are disgruntled about buggies on the road, taxes, and all sorts of things. It's not even unheard of - not that long ago, there was the man who shot a bunch of Amish schoolgirls. There are certainly people out there who target others of a different faith or lifestyle.

i am sure that some people are disgruntled with the Amish, their way of life, their different life style, I just have not heard it myself.
At a family gathering last week, the Amish in this area was a huge topic of interest, we heard all about the dinners, the cabinet making, the family life, their hard working people, but never heard one disparaging remark. I have heard from a gal who works in a restaurant in Ogdensburg who says the Amish never tip, lots eat there, but no one ever tips, but even she does not seem disgruntled.

I hope that this abduction was not the work of a disgruntled neighbor. In the new conference, I think I heard it said that they are checking the ditches along all those roads, I can't help but feel that this will not turn out well.

Do you think that the family guided the artist in the recreation of a pic of the older girl but because of their beliefs, would not allow themselves to look at it after it was done? I, too, thought it was a pic of the abductor, then felt badly when I realized it was that girl. And heard that the family would not allow a drawing of the youngest girl. I guess if it were my daughter I would do ANYTHING to help find her.

Do you find yourself looking at every white car that u pass and wonder, could that be the car, can I see in the car?

Hi friends! I think it might be more productive to discuss the case as presented by MSM, and perhaps less so to rehash "how the Amish are" (in our mostly uninformed opinion). We don't know if the family, or the community at large, was extremely kind and trusting, or whether they're xenophobic and insular. They're people, just like you and me, and some of them are probably lovely, and perhaps some of them are not. I don't think we'd be making generalizations and uninformed judgments if the missing kids were Indian, or black, or Buddhists, or Jains, or Pentecostals. Let's stick to the facts. Two children are missing and they were allegedly abducted by someone(s) outside the Amish community, because this person(s) was/(were) in a car. Let's provide support and sleuth as we would any other case, and avoid judgements, good or bad, about what sort of people the victims and their families are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double