GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought that up earlier and people got fairly upset by the suggestion of it. If you read up some posters state that Amish are free to leave and return to the community.

Yeah I read that, I just meant, like what if extended family wanted to take the girls so they didn't have to grow up like that. I know they're free to leave. But how free would they really be at that age, know what I mean? (And for the record, I do not think they would need to be rescued, the amish community is awesome, IMO)

View attachment 56905
New York State Police have issued an Amber Alert for two Amish girls who were apparently abducted from their family's roadside stand in Oswegatchie on the evening of August 13, 2014.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-search-missing-ny-amish-girls-24974954

There are stands like these around here north of Toronto. The items are inside and you go in and pay at a box. At times the owner's are also there, other times you just put the money in a box inside.
I hope they are found. They are peace loving, religious people.

There are stands like these around here north of Toronto. The items are inside and you go in and pay at a box. At times the owner's are also there, other times you just put the money in a box inside.

Yeah, and you can get some of the freshest, tastiest produce and other baked goods around at these types of stands. This makes me so sad that this happened... there are some monsters out there :(

Where in North?

I absolutely respect their beliefs which is why I am asking genuine questions as opposed to making uneducated judgements.

I totally get where you are coming from. We would think that the safety of children/ lives being at stake would (theoretically) take priority over a religious belief. Anything to help find your child. God will forgive.

Re: why they selected one child for sketch....
The parents probably agonized over this decision.... Perhaps, if they felt they had to decide on one child, they chose FM because they felt she is more distinctive looking? Like, someone would be more apt to notice some features of how she looks? (This is merely a guess on my part). Perhaps because she has freckles or a more square jaw, or something? And with the description of no front teeth, maybe that is the most distinctive thing about DM?

I would like to understand the statement that FM is cross eyed. Maybe, as someone else suggested, it is not noticeable when she looks straight ahead? Maybe only when she focuses close up or something?

Again, all just guesses on my part.....

Thank you so much for answering my question :) I appreciate it!

Does anyone have a good resource for learning basics about the Amish religion/beliefs/community/culture? I think I need to educate myself a bit more before participating in this thread. I seem to be offending people with my lack of knowledge here.

:bump:

"The six year old is DM, with brown hair, brown eyes and weighing about 50 pounds. She's roughly four feet tall, and was wearing a dark blue dress with a blue apron and black bonnet.
She has a round scar on her forehead and is missing front teeth.

The 12 year old is FM. She has brown hair and eyes. She's five feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She was wearing a dark blue dress with a blue apron and black bonnet. She is crosseyed.

The girls were put into the back of a small white, four door car. The incident happened at the Miller family farm on Mount Alone Road, Heuvelton at about 7:20 pm. The family was in the barn milking, and the two girls left the barn to go to the family's roadside vegetable stand, because they believed a customer was there.
That's when the abduction apparently took place. The information about the white car came from a passing Amish, who told investigators he saw a white vehicle by the stand at about the time the abduction took place."

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Urgent-Two-Girls-Missing-Believed-Abducted-271173521.html

I have to pop into Potsdam. I always take the back roads, So I will keep my eye out for any white cars.

ETA: It's only 61 degrees here and breezy. Hope they are warm somewhere.

Can anyone here explain how thermal imaging works? Does it detect live people only?

Trying to get caught up here, so this happened last night 7:20 pm? :( So, how many hours exactly has it been? TIA

Can anyone here explain how thermal imaging works? Does it detect live people only?

thermal imaging is a camera with a special infrared optical system inside. it detects heat. so the infrared lens and optical assembly is set up to scan for heat waves leaving a body.

Note: I know this because I do marketing for a couple of optics companies here and they make this stuff.

From what I understand it detects warmth from a person. It can detect someone not alive if it is recent and they still are relatively warm.

I absolutely respect their beliefs which is why I am asking genuine questions as opposed to making uneducated judgements.

These are God fearing people. They are deeply religious. Those beliefs are the reason why they didn't want to release a sketch of their youngest. What you and I would do in their shoes is very different, that what they are doing. That is all:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee