GUILTY NY - DM, 6, & FM, 12, Huevelton, 13 August 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought that up earlier and people got fairly upset by the suggestion of it. If you read up some posters state that Amish are free to leave and return to the community.

When someone leaves the Amish community they still wouldn't do something like that to their family. Just because a person leaves they still dearly love their family and wouldn't do something like this to hurt them. I fear the many misconceptions of the Amish are going to hinder not help this case.

I think there are 2 perps. Didn't witness say that man threw something in backseat, got in backseat of car, and then car speed away? I'm thinking there was a driver also.
When I was younger I was rather enthralled by the Amish. Their simple hardworking and close nit existence. It intrigued me. I have never heard of people rescuing members like some cult where they pull up and throw them in the car. I just can't imagine this happens. I do however feel this is more sinister and acted out by a couple of really bad men with sick motives. Those poor girls :(

were these girls manning the stand alone and if so, why?

It's been said that Amish children are very obedient. It's possible that someone frequently saw them out at the fruit/veggie stand, knew of their obedience to elders and snatched them for terrible purposes I don't want to think about.

IMO

Here are some of my notes- apologies if some info is redundant

No sketch coming of 6 yr old
both girls have waist length hair (Annie's note here- first thing they might do is cut girls hair and change clothes)

Pursuing as worst case scenario so cover all bases
No indication of any recent strange occurrences at the stand or area that could be connected
Focusing on high-probability areas, (looked like a forest service guy fielding this question). Looking at areas where someone could camouflage themselves or hide out

Amish community doing a very good job getting the word out themselves
Nothing in family to indicate this would be a person known to the girls
Profile/ theories about case? Not limiting to any one theory so as not to miss any possibilities
How many/ who in vehicle? No info to be released at this time
Still pursuing white vehicle as described- not sure where other descriptions have come from
Info from witnesses? We are not prepared to release at this time
Looking in river to cover bases, no specific indic they are in river.
No divers in river at this time

http://www.cornwallseawaynews.com/N...r-issue-Amber-alert-for-missing-Amish-girls/1

"CORNWALL, Ontario - Law enforcement in St. Lawrence County, just south of Cornwall across the international border, are scouring the countryside searching for a pair of missing Amish girls."

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2014/05/08/cornwall-has-high-rate-of-registered-sex-offenders

"Cornwall has high rate of registered sex offenders"

"The city’s east end has 59 offenders or 223.2 per 100,000 residents, ranking it just below the seediest sections of downtown Toronto or Hamilton, which are in the high 200s. But downtown Kingston was even worse, with 99 offenders for an average of 306.46 per 100,000.

That’s why keeping tabs on these offenders through the police’s “Door Knock” program is so necessary, Parkinson said.

“We’re well aware of who they are, where they are — that’s why it’s so important to keep them registered.

“When you cause them to go underground, that’s when you start to have trouble.”

The western part of the city is also way above average with 31 offenders or 174.25 per 100,000."

From what I understand, the parents (and possibly other siblings?) were all there, but were inside a nearby barn. The girls ran up to help a customer at the stand, and the family followed a short time later and realized they were gone.

I think the family was also outside but in the barn. Someone was close enough to witness a car so I don't think they were totally alone, just out of reach. Besides, I think a 12yr old is perfectly capable of watching a younger sibling on their own property in daylight.

Could be 12 year old is closer to rumspringa - it's okay for photographs then, I think? (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Usually 16 and up.

I am guessing an English neighbor or friend helped with the sketch. The family didn't want sketches. LE decided to do it from what I gathered from the LE presser.

Uploading the press conference to Youtube as we speak, will let you guys know the link when it's done uploading in about 5 minutes

When someone leaves the Amish community they still wouldn't do something like that to their family. Just because a person leaves they still dearly love their family and wouldn't do something like this to hurt them. I fear the many misconceptions of the Amish are going to hinder not help this case.

It's a good thing you are here to clear up the misconceptions then.

Provided by IPN (Incident Page Network)

Description
AMBER ALERT
08/14/14 08:23 (HUEVELTON - ) 2 AMISH GIRLS 6 & 12 TAKEN. SUSPECT VEHICLE. NY PLATE (BYF4655) 2005 BLACK FORD TAURUS. [NYK238]
AMBER ALERT
08/13/14 23:45 (OSWEGATCHIE - ) UPDATE: A BLUE DRESS & BLUE APRON. SUSPECT VEHICLE IS A WHITE 4 DOOR SEDAN UNKNOWN PLATE [MCH017]
AMBER ALERT
08/13/14 23:44 (OSWEGATCHIE - ) 12 YEAR OLD F BROWN HAIR & BROWN EYES LAST SEEN WEARING BLUE DRESS & BLUE APRON. 6 YEAR OLD F BROWN HAIR & BROWN EYES LAST SEEN WEARING [MCH017]
With all due respect Margarita-that info is not from the official Amber Alert. I don't think it should be posted-that information originally comes from a paid commercial site and was posted on another site. We need to be very careful here.

"Family wouldn't agree to the six year old being sketched"

Whyyyyy????

Edit to clarify I mean why is it ok to sketch one child but not the other? I understand they are against photos and likenesses
their beliefs. which should be respected.

Re: why they selected one child for sketch....
The parents probably agonized over this decision.... Perhaps, if they felt they had to decide on one child, they chose FM because they felt she is more distinctive looking? Like, someone would be more apt to notice some features of how she looks? (This is merely a guess on my part). Perhaps because she has freckles or a more square jaw, or something? And with the description of no front teeth, maybe that is the most distinctive thing about DM?

I would like to understand the statement that FM is cross eyed. Maybe, as someone else suggested, it is not noticeable when she looks straight ahead? Maybe only when she focuses close up or something?

Again, all just guesses on my part.....

Thanks Starry!!!!! Sorry, woops---will delete!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

with all due respect margarita-that info is not from the official amber alert. I don't think it should be posted-that information originally comes from a paid commercial site and was posted on another site. We need to be very careful here.

I can imagine LE has a difficult task with getting the word out. I'm sure many of the people in this community do not have televisions or radios, much less electricity if they are the true Amish. Not to mention that there are many non Amish farming communities there where people are out working the fields or animals and don't bother with media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!