GUILTY NY - Dr. Kiersten Cerveny, 38, dies in NYC apartment bldg, 5 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was also reportedly drinking alcohol which would increase her risk further. Basically she was an adult woman reportedly engaging in very risky behavior and she paid the price. If she was using for a long time (which we don't know if she was or wasn't) that could have negatively affected her heart.

"Previously published studies have shown that a combination of cocaine and ethanol is more cardiotoxic than either substance alone."
http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/3/271

Maybe she took some pills to and a combination of all that could just stop her heart.

You don't need to take any pills if you are already ingesting alcohol and cocaine to die from sudden cardiac death.

Just not a common occurrence though. Is it? I want to see the toxicology results first anyway.
The facts we know right now haven't changed much. Dead woman, sleazy boyfriend, drug dealer. Sleazy boyfriend and drug dealers actions are heinous effn period.

Just not a common occurrence though. Is it? I want to see the toxicology results first anyway...

How is it not common when I just posted a link that says risk of sudden cardiac death increases 300% in those who took cocaine? And if a married woman hangs around with a married "facebook friend" (which is what press is calling him now), don't be surprised if he doesn't stick around if she suddenly collapses after reportedly taking an illegal drug. I am just saying...

How is it not common when I just posted a link that says risk of sudden cardiac death increases 300% in those who took cocaine? And if a married woman hangs around with a married "facebook friend" (which is what press is calling him now), don't be surprised if he doesn't stick around if she suddenly collapses after reportedly taking an illegal drug. I am just saying...
Hmm. Well I am not much into stats but only about 1000 women die from cocaine a year. Don't have the link but it's easy to find. That's not a lot, considering the amount of partiers. Fact remains that they obviously we're with here when she ingested God knows what and they likely supplied it. They dumped an unconscious woman who was reportedly still alive, called 911 and split.

Just not a common occurrence though. Is it? I want to see the toxicology results first anyway.
The facts we know right now haven't changed much. Dead woman, sleazy boyfriend, drug dealer. Sleazy boyfriend and drug dealers actions are heinous effn period.

I agree- do you know how many people drink and do cocaine all the time especially in NYC lol. I dont know ONE person personally, or even heard of a friend's friend type situation that someone died from a night of cocaine and alcohol. I lived there for years and unfortunately that is somewhat considered the 'norm' for the going out lifestyle there.

Also, as I had said earlier, all the dealers I knew of there delivered though, you didnt go to their apt all the time to pick up drugs as that is very obvious for a dealer to have you come to them and then you know where they live/their stash is etc. and if cops caught on, it would all be there vs. a dealer that delivers which is why thats what they mostly do there. Maybe 'Pepsi' was old school in that sense but you think he would have been more careful considering his past offenses. Obviously, people noticed her coming and going from that apt often which in NYC and all the people you wouldnt unless it seemed a bit off ya so I thought that was interesting neighbors saw her enough/she stuck out enough for them to make note. I believe that shows she had much more of a serious drug habit to be remembered bc she went there that often no?

If it was simply an accidental overdose, which is most likely the case, I still find it hard to believe/so sad that Johnson, who rather they had been having an affair or 'facebook friends' over the past year, would just leave her there unless he knew she was dead and had been like that for enough time that they just needed to get her out of Pepsi's apt so an EMT seemed like the best or only option?

One report states that the neighbor saw her with no top on when she was was taken out of the apt vestibule and we know she had no underwear on as well. I wonder if they will do a rape kit test or something to rule out that something sexual took place, consensual or not it just seems like there are so many unanswered ?s and that all the people involved acted so invincible...but then again that is a symptom of the ole cocaine...I just feel like there is more to this story all around??

She was an adult woman. There seem to be no suggestion anyone forced her to do anything she didn't want to do. I don't see anything that "facebook friend" can be charged with, considering he apparently did call 911 before splitting. From what has been reported, autopsy showed no evidence of sexual assault. She wasn't yet dead when the ambulance was called.

I agree- do you know how many people drink and do cocaine all the time especially in NYC lol. I dont know ONE person personally, or even heard of a friend's friend type situation that someone died from a night of cocaine and alcohol. I lived there for years and unfortunately that is somewhat considered the 'norm' for the going out lifestyle there.
Just because you personally didn't witness something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I personally haven't seen anybody die from heart attack (cocaine induced or otherwise). Can I therefore conclude that people just don't die from heart attack?

She was an adult woman. There seem to be no suggestion anyone forced her to do anything she didn't want to do. I don't see anything that "facebook friend" can be charged with, considering he apparently did call 911 before splitting. From what has been reported, autopsy showed no evidence of sexual assault. She wasn't yet dead when the ambulance was called.
So, because she chose to hang out with someone and put herself in this position she bears moral and ethical scrutiny for her actions but they don't bear ethical moral and I would say legal scrutiny for their actions as well? You are not making that argument are you? You seem somewhat smarter than that. Just sayin.

Cocaine is a potent vasoconstrictor (makes blood vessels clamp down, causing a surge in blood pressure). It also causes spasms of the coronary arteries making it difficult for the heart muscle to get oxygen needed to function. Her coronary arteries probably clamped down causing her to have a rhythm called ventricular fibrillation where no blood is pumped, and is coagulated in the heart's chambers leading to certain death. Cocaine is extremely dangerous.

Cocaine is a potent vasoconstrictor (makes blood vessels clamp down, causing a surge in blood pressure). It also causes spasms of the coronary arteries making it difficult for the heart muscle to get oxygen needed to function. Her coronary arteries probably clamped down causing her to have a rhythm called ventricular fibrillation where no blood is pumped, and is coagulated in the heart's chambers leading to certain death. Cocaine is extremely dangerous.
So it's a combination of hi blood pressure and irregular heartbeat? The heart basically spasms and stops? When I was much younger we used to swim the length of a 100 m pool underwater without fins. I have no idea what my bp was but heart rate was over 200 I think. Is this similar stress without irregular beat?

So, because she chose to hang out with someone and put herself in this position she bears moral and ethical scrutiny for her actions but they don't bear ethical moral and I would say legal scrutiny for their actions as well? You are not making that argument are you? You seem somewhat smarter than that. Just sayin.

Yes, she was an adult and could do as she pleased. If she was a minor an adult could have been charged with corruption of a minor. But she was way above the legal age of consent. When an adult decides to allegedly use illegal drugs and drink, who exactly is responsible for this adult's behavioral choices, except the adult herself? As for ethical and moral scrutiny, it's a far cry from being legally responsible.

Just because you personally didn't witness something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I personally haven't seen anybody die from heart attack (cocaine induced or otherwise). Can I therefore conclude that people just don't die from heart attack?

I certainly was not concluding that people don't die from cocaine, I was merely agreeing with the post saying it is uncommon, that is all... :)

Yes, she was an adult and could do as she pleased. If she was a minor an adult could have been charged with corruption of a minor. But she was way above the legal age of consent. When an adult decides to allegedly use illegal drugs and drink, who exactly is responsible for this adult's behavioral choices, except the adult herself? As for ethical and moral scrutiny, it's a far cry from being legally responsible.

Being an 'adult' does not mean anything when what you are doing is ILLEGAL!! Yes, she was responsible for taking the cocaine but that does not necessarily mean the person who supplied the illegal drug she ingested is not at fault.

The law defines second-degree murder as the "killing of a human being ... when the offender unlawfully distributes or dispenses" a drug "which is the direct cause of the death of the recipient who ingested or consumed" the drug."

Then we also have the Good Samaritan law now too which changes things up a bit.

IMO ;)

"Facebook friend" did call 911, so I don't think any possible "good Samaritan" laws were broken. The one who supplied an illegal drug would be the dealer, presumably he can be charged if it can be proven he supplied the drug. But from what's reported, cocaine use started before she even got to that apartment, while she was out with friends.

Snip

Cops were looking for Holder, 60, who disappeared after the incident — and in whose apartment authorities found numerous plastic zipper bags used to package narcotics, sources said. State prison records show he served three stints in prison on drug and weapons charges between 1978 and 1996.

Holder, whose nickname is Pepsi, shares the third-floor apartment with Gerri Dicicco, 69, who introduces him as her husband, neighbors said. During a brief interview with The Post, she denied having ever met or seen Cerveny — who was named America’s Junior Miss in 1995 — and said she didn’t know where Holder was.

A neighbor who walks Dicicco’s dog, a mixed-breed miniature Doberman pinscher named Spike, said that “Gerri is pissed off.”

“She says she was sleeping when this was going on,” the neighbor said. “She told me she couldn’t believe he was doing this while she was sleeping.

Read more: http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/half-naked-doctor-left-unconscious-in-doorway-after-visiting-friend/

"Facebook friend" did call 911, so I don't think any possible "good Samaritan" laws were broken. The one who supplied an illegal drug would be the dealer, presumably he can be charged if it can be proven he supplied the drug. But from what's reported, cocaine use started before she even got to that apartment, while she was out with friends.

Right that is why I said "Then we also have the Good Samaritan law now too which changes things up a bit." meaning that law is in "Facebook friend's" favor. He was never in question of the law in the same way 'Pepsi' the supplier would be.

That is a really good point about where the cocaine use started. There would be no proof "his cocaine" batch was the one that killed her as opposed to what she took earlier in the night.

So tricky and sad the whole thing, no one is to blame and everyone is to blame type thing. Either way one thing is clear, drinking and taking drugs is playing russian roulette every time :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back