GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a reminder as I post this link. We can’t discuss anyone not mentioned in reliable news media.

Ok, so I found this interesting. It appears some info is missing though.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/gokada
It’s like *ber for motorcycles in Nigeria.
He likely cut in to someone’s revenue, and they didn’t like it...or he refused to give them a piece of the action.

amateur opinion and speculation

I'm still very curious if there was some sort of payoff in Nigeria or at least an attempt at one. I don't think the matter was actually settled with Gokada switching to delivery.

unofficially their 'area boys' shakedown all merchants in the area, so just because Gokada switched doesn't mean that roving street gangs engaging in business extortion are suddenly going to start leaving Gokada alone as long as they continued to operate in Lagos.

Surely there was a local partner or office of some sort that a vengeful Nigerian could’ve attacked, instead of buying a ticket & flying to an incredibly expensive & complex city like NYC. Or even paying American prices for a hitman.

I think both points of view have good points.

I agree that the most common form of retaliation following the switch to courier service would be for street level "area boys" to start demanding that individual Gokada riders purchase "special permits" to make deliveries. Delivery riders who refused would be roughed up, deliveries stolen, motorbikes wrecked etc.

But.... lets say that the delivery riders are hard for street level area boys to collect from as riders enter and leave areas quickly, thus making "fee" collection by foot bound enforcers problematic

This might lead to the extortion moving to the level of Gokada as a company. Even still, I think that if Gokada refused to go with the program, retaliation would be kept in Nigeria. For example, a mysterious fire breaks out at a company motorbike garage etc.

But..... if there was personal animosity between the victim and a powerful Lagos Mafia, I think such a Mafia could reach into the United States. There is a large Nigerian Immigrant community in New York City. This community, like any group of people, includes some criminal elements.

My guess is that a local would be recruited as an independent contractor. Maybe:

We"ll do all the heavy thinking- find out where the victim lives and the best way to approach him. We"ll get you to the neighborhood and give you a substantial down payment for the hit. The details as to how you do it are up to you. As a bonus, the victim is wealthy and of course, has a lot of mandatory over the top bling n' cash in the residence....

The only question would be would they want to reach to the US? In the end, I think it is unlikely, but still plausible.

Last edited:
Fahim Saleh: Nigeria's tech industry mourns Gokada founder - CNN

Lagos, Nigeria(CNN)News that tech founder Fahim Saleh's dismembered remains were found in a luxury New York apartment on Tuesday has sent shock waves through Nigeria's close-knit tech community, where Saleh had launched Gokada, a motorbike-hailing app.

Saleh's friends in Nigeria remember a passionate entrepreneur committed to making a difference in emerging markets and creating economic opportunities.

"He believed that the future of the world lied in emerging markets and was 100% committed to making it come true. This is why he moved from the US to Bangladesh and recently Nigeria to build logistics platform companies," Nadayar Enegesi, co-founder of tech platform Eden, told CNN.
"He was thoughtful and had an air of clarity of purpose in life. His passion was contagious. As far as the Nigerian tech ecosystem is concerned, Fahim was one of us and loved by us," Enegesi added.
"Fahim was a very sharp and smart thinker, he knew exactly what he wanted. In conversation, he could think on his feet and was able to see things differently to everyone else," he added.

Most recently, he founded the venture capital firm Adventure Capital, which invested in ride-sharing start-ups in countries like Bangladesh and Colombia.

Adventure Capital

More @ link WS/TOS

Ha! I did forget that part.

It’s just if you want him out of the way, there’s absolutely no reason to do it like this.

This is not a common event; it’s overkill. So it’s just got to be someone with a grudge, who knows him well.

So if it’s not him (the guy suing him), I think it’s someone like him.

I agree....I’m leaning in the direction of the prank call app user guy that went to jail and is suing him.

This case is straight out of the movies.

No word on who it actually is, but LE apparently has someone as a POI:
Police on Thursday identified a person of interest in the death of a tech entrepreneur who was found decapitated and dismembered in his Manhattan apartment earlier this week, police sources confirmed to ABC News.
Person of interest identified in case of tech CEO found decapitated and dismembered
Man that was quick. I really hope it’s their guy. I can’t stop thinking about this whole case and picturing the chilling disturbing scenario of a suited up, masked man in a lift with a briefcase full of power tools to butcher the blissfully unaware young man next to him. It’s seriously chilling to think this guy is on the loose somewhere right now. I just pray he’s slipped up and left something behind, dna, anything that links him to this terrible crime. I hope justice is swift for fahims family also :(

I agree....I’m leaning in the direction of the prank call app user guy that went to jail guy and is suing him.

This case is straight out of the movies.
Yeah, I believe he knows this person, and this person has a tremendous grudge.

I absolutely don’t believe this is part of some international conspiracy or anything. Simple, but sick. The question is who did it.

Man that was quick. I really hope it’s their guy. I can’t stop thinking about this whole case and picturing the chilling disturbing scenario of a suited up masked man in a lift with a briefcase full of power tools to butcher the blissfully aware young man next to him. It’s seriously chilling to think this guy is on the loose somewhere right now. I just pray he’s slipped up and left something behind, dna, anything that links him to this terrible crime. I hope justice is swift for fahims family also :(
The only reason I’m not surprised about how quick they identified this person, is because he was interrupted.

This did not go off the way he wanted it to, and he didn’t have a chance to clean up. I’d bet a lot of money he left a great deal of physical evidence in that apartment (DNA and fingerprints).

The only reason I’m not surprised about how quick they identified this person, is because he was interrupted.

This did not go off the way he wanted it to, and he didn’t have a chance to clean up. I’d bet a lot of money he left a great deal of physical evidence in that apartment (DNA and fingerprints).
Let’s hope so!

Yes, I'm very curious about that as it's widely reported in MSM that the neighbors who heard the screams and loud noises called the sister but at the same time it's the NY Times saying he was shot in the back of the head.

Hello Everyone! I apologize in advance as I do not have the link to the article but will look for it. I read last night that an autopsy stated he had been stabbed in the chest multiple times. Anyone else read this and apologies if someone has posted this. Just catching up on everything:D.

Hello Everyone! I apologize in advance as I do not have the link to the article but will look for it. I read last night that an autopsy stated he had been stabbed in the chest multiple times. Anyone else read this and apologies if someone has posted this. Just catching up on everything:D.
Fahim Saleh, CEO of Gokada, died of multiple stab wounds, medical examiner says - CNN
''An autopsy by the city's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled Thursday that Saleh died as a result of stab wounds to the neck and torso and found his manner of death to be homicide, a spokesperson told CNN.''

265 East Houston Street, NYC - Condo Apartments

This says the building only has a virtual doorman, so the killer probably walked in behind someone who lived there or one of their guests or something like that

Herein lies a BIG part of the problem! If I spent 2 million-plus, I would expect at least one human doorman on duty at all times. For the cost of this condo, the amenities are bare bone! JMOO;)

The floor plan shown at the end of the pictures has a note "floors 5 through 8", so that would be the 7th floor apartment plan. One can see there's a hall area right in front of the elevator.

My parents had a condo years ago in Miami Beach, FL with the elevator opening right into their unit. It had a little foyer and then an actual front door that lead into the condo. You had to have a fob for the individual floor/condo. It took me awhile to get used to it as I had never seen one before.

I can certainly see why Fahim looked puzzled or suspicious when the masked man was fumbling and it was then obvious he didn't have his own fob. Imagine poor Fahim, that moment when you realize you may be in big trouble, that sick feeling in your stomach...so tragic.

Herein lies a BIG part of the problem! If I spent 2 million-plus, I would expect at least one human doorman on duty at all times. For the cost of this condo, the amenities are bare bone! JMOO;)
In NYC, $2m gets you an upscale, “nice” apartment, but by no means “grand”. It’s nutso.

amateur opinion and speculation

Some questions about the dog... police took the dog from the building, along with the victim’s sister. The dog looked healthy, physically.

Did the Pomsky bark? I know huskies who tend to howl and Poms yap. Maybe the dog was silent, but I wonder if it didn’t bark a lot, sensing something wrong. Was the dog locked in a room by itself? I haven’t read about the neighbors mentioning the dog barking.

If the killer was torturing Saleh, I wonder if there was threat of harming the dog. It would have worked on me! Someone callous enough to dismember a body might not be evil enough to harm a dog. But they didn’t.

Regarding Nigeria: I don’t know if we are allowed to link to the victim’s social media, but he made a comment to the effect that trying to set up business in Nigeria is like the “gravity room of entrepreneurship” (I’m paraphrasing). There was also mention on his Twitter about an event that sounded like a shakedown. I had the impression he was in over his head. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22
Back