NY - Former President Donald Trump charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had he not been running in the 2024 election there never would have been an indictment.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I'd be willing to argue the flip side: had he not been under several investigations, he would not be running in the 2024 election.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
For his piece in The New Yorker, Farrow interviewed six current and former employees who had heard Sajudin's claims. They say that the former doorman gave the publication the names of the mistress and the child and was paid $30,000 for exclusive rights to the story. Meaning, he couldn't share the story with any other publications.
Farrow's sources all say they're skeptical about the love child claims, but all said they are sure that AMI purposely shut down the story. Sajudin did pass a lie detector test The Enquirer set up for him, but that only proved that he was being truthful about hearing the rumor.

Trump love-child story is almost certainly true. If it wasn't, the alleged daughter and mother would deny it. Why wouldn't they? A normal reaction would be, "Nope, this other dude is my dad."

There is an an operative NDA here. And a big, big payout.

There won’t be a gag order against his son.

Something I hadn't realised until recently ..... of the checks that were given to Cohen as repayment of the hush money, the ones that are from the Donald J Trump - Revocable Trust account were signed by Mr. Weisselberg and Donald Trump Jr. The ones from the Donald J Trump account were signed by DT himself.

ETA: While reading the Statement of Facts, I now see that this is mentioned in that document.

Last edited:
"This historic day in US politics is not over – Donald Trump is landing back in Florida soon and is going to make a speech at his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach later this evening, where invitees are beginning to gather in the twinkly ballroom.

[...]

We’ll be reporting points from the speech, with some checks and context, but we have decided not to live stream the speech, so as to avoid pumping any lies and incendiary, threatening language that might be included directly out to the public in this forum."

"This historic day in US politics is not over – Donald Trump is landing back in Florida soon and is going to make a speech at his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach later this evening, where invitees are beginning to gather in the twinkly ballroom.

[...]

We’ll be reporting points from the speech, with some checks and context, but we have decided not to live stream the speech, so as to avoid pumping any lies and incendiary, threatening language that might be included directly out to the public in this forum."

In other words
"we will be reporting our spin on his speech because we don't trust our viewers to have the ability to understand it." Personally I want to hear it myself and not some opinion from a media outlet. JMO

I agree. Trump has known for years about the NY investigation because of Cohen's prosecution.
Case in point:

An article from last summer:

"The notion has been picking up steam for weeks in the political press, with a New York Times story reporting a couple weeks ago that Republicans were “bracing for Donald J. Trump to announce an unusually early bid for the White House, a move designed in part to shield the former president from a stream of damaging revelations emerging from investigations into his attempts to cling to power after losing the 2020 election.”

Listening to DT right now on a televised "Emergency Prayer" conference call.

"We are losing religion in this country"
"Keep up the fight everyone"
"I want everyone to pray right now, because we need to win this 2024 election"

Source: Ch7 morning TV news in Australia

TV commenter said this was a call that people had to pay to listen to, and that thousands of people listened to the call.
That he needs his evangelical (voting) base to get behind him right now.

Had he not been running in the 2024 election there never would have been an indictment.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'd be willing to argue the flip side: had he not been under several investigations, he would not be running in the 2024 election.

Edited for grammar.

I'd also say that he's been spared from multiple legitimate prosecutions for years because of the privileges of his former office, which has caused prosecutors to give him an undue deference not afforded to other potential defendants.

Listening to DT right now on a televised "Emergency Prayer" conference call.

"We are losing religion in this country"
"Keep up the fight everyone"
"I want everyone to pray right now, because we need to win this 2024 election"

Source: Ch7 morning TV news in Australia

TV commenter said this was a call that people had to pay to listen to, and that thousands of people listened to the call.
That he needs his evangelical (voting) base to get behind him right now.
I think now that his greed and financial crimes have been exposed, there is no way he can win 2024.

Good old Daily Mail, keeping it subtle as usual.

TRUMP FACES 136 YEARS

Attachments

• A40139CA-803E-47A0-9907-45890029F732.jpeg
    A40139CA-803E-47A0-9907-45890029F732.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 5
Trump talking about religion makes me laugh.

One of our major MSM publications is calling it "a bizarre emergency prayer call".

He made the call while on his private jet. It is apparently an online conference call where a person pays to connect to it.

Case in point:

An article from last summer:

"The notion has been picking up steam for weeks in the political press, with a New York Times story reporting a couple weeks ago that Republicans were “bracing for Donald J. Trump to announce an unusually early bid for the White House, a move designed in part to shield the former president from a stream of damaging revelations emerging from investigations into his attempts to cling to power after losing the 2020 election.”

While we do not routinely approve opinion articles, the above is by an attorney who is a former federal prosecutor, so it is being approved.

Mar-a-Lago crowd awaits Trump​

Barbara Plett Usher
Reporting from Palm Beach, Florida

The ballroom is buzzing with Trump supporters waiting for him to arrive.

They just chanted a welcome to Kari Lake - the former candidate for Arizona governor who’s been called the female Trump and said to be a possible running mate.

Among those present are members of Mar-a-Lago and their guests, campaign workers, the group Bikers for Trump, and conservative podcasters.

[...]

All say they’re certain the indictment is a travesty of justice aimed at sinking Trump politically.

They are equally certain it will only boost his political fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight