Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like the color definition 'red-orange'. I tested it on Mr Z. He doesn't see reds too well and got confused. He plumped for fire-hydrant red as being red-orange, the fool. Only sometimes though. He did all the tech stuff for veryspecialcases.com, so I shouldn't moan.

Oh dear, poor Mr. Z -- it seems that color issue must be a male dominant trait. I remember commenting to my boss one time, on a colleague's recent hair change (to a sort of purple/auburn shade), and he thought it was just dark brown. And my dear husband is always describing shades of turquoise as "periwinkle."

I believe family were describing the van as a red with orange as the adjective -- a bit more red than orange -- maybe orangey red -- but not sure if orangey is a word? Momrids had the actual phrasing from the company but can't remember exactly what it was -- something like "red with bronze coating" -- so, maybe bronze-red or orange-red would be accurate?

Nanasbabe -- love the ribbon trees -- and I note that the elves and one lovely little sprite are active in the daytime in your garden!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1778&pictureid=15315
I'm not sure if this will work for my pic of my trees but here it is the rain and wind untied some so I have to change it up some and will post later.

Photo works fine for me nanasbabes. That must have been pretty fiddly getting ribbons on such dense trees. Well done! Your little gnomes are so cute - Germans have a real passion for them too.

When I lived in France, near the border with Spain, there was a main highway route for all the truckers moving goods around Europe. The Spanish make a lot of ceramics, and at almost every truck stop there was a garden gnome shop for the German truckers. It was funny to see all those big, beefy drivers buying cute little garden ornaments!

Oh dear, poor Mr. Z -- it seems that color issue must be a male dominant trait. I remember commenting to my boss one time, on a colleague's recent hair change (to a sort of purple/auburn shade), and he thought it was just dark brown. And my dear husband is always describing shades of turquoise as "periwinkle."

I believe family were describing the van as a red with orange as the adjective -- a bit more red than orange -- maybe orangey red -- but not sure if orangey is a word? Momrids had the actual phrasing from the company but can't remember exactly what it was -- something like "red with bronze coating" -- so, maybe bronze-red or orange-red would be accurate?

Do you say cars have a 'metallic finish' in the US? So Orange-red with a metallic finish? If that's what the bronze overcoat means it could be quite important, because a car with a metallic finish is quite distinctive from those with a non-metallic finish, I think?

I'm quickly going to be out of my depth here - I know as much about cars as I do about rocket science.

Do you say cars have a 'metallic finish' in the US? So Orange-red with a metallic finish? If that's what the bronze overcoat means it could be quite important, because a car with a metallic finish is quite distinctive from those with a non-metallic finish, I think?

I'm quickly going to be out of my depth here - I know as much about cars as I do about rocket science.

Yes, cars do have a metallic finish, but I'm not quite sure if that's what's meant by a bronze overcoat. I can't really tell from the photos if that's what's on Jen's car or not!

Gnomes -- that's the word I was trying to remember! I kept thinking trolls, but no, they're rather large and live under bridges...came up with elves, and knew that wasn't right, but went with it anyway. Now...I'm sure there's a marked difference between gnomes and elves and sprites and faeries...but not quite sure what it is. I'm sure Mr. Lewis or Mr. Tolkien could explain it all quite clearly.

An attempt to reflect her love of gardening and of knitting...

picture.php

...and this is meant to reflect her love of painting...and her time in Arizona...(thank you Zweibel, for verse)

picture.php

Thank you Abigail, this thread is starting to look so beautiful. It's really reflecting the essence of Jennifer, I think.

Can anybody explain to me how to get a picture to appear in a post like that, rather than just as a thumbnail? I've completely forgotten I'm ashamed to say, though I am sure I have done it before.....

I have to ask - I saw a post on Jennifer's fb page about someone making a sheet cake. Put me out of my misery someone and tell me what that is.

Can anybody explain to me how to get a picture to appear in a post like that, rather than just as a thumbnail? I've completely forgotten I'm ashamed to say, though I am sure I have done it before.....

Attachments and Images

How do I add an image to a post?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

I have to ask - I saw a post on Jennifer's fb page about someone making a sheet cake. Put me out of my misery someone and tell me what that is.

Sheet cakes are simple one layer frosted cakes that are often prepared for celebrations that involve a dozen or more participants.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sheet-cake.htm

Thank you twice, marlywings!

I can't believe I didn't guess what a sheet cake was - nearly all the cakes sold in bakeries here are made that way, I guess it makes them easier to cut.

Thank you Abigail, this thread is starting to look so beautiful. It's really reflecting the essence of Jennifer, I think.

I just figured it out today! OK, the first thing you do is create an album in your personal profile thingie, and download the photo(s) you want to post into that album. Once that gets downloaded into your album, then highlight the URL of the photo you downloaded and copy, then come over here, and start a post, go up and click on the little yellow icon that says "insert image" when you hover your mouse over it, and then in the box where it says "enter URL of your image" then paste the URL of your photo that you copied.

Oops...I just realized that Marlywings posted the link to how to do it (my way above appears to be the hard way) -- I read her post about the sheet cake, and somehow missed the part about posting photos!

A candle burns for Jennifer in a thousand year-old church in the heart of Europe...

picture.php

I'm so glad to see that both of Jennifer's facebook pages are publicizing her vigil. That's wonderful, and right.

I just wanted to add that I chose to go to that ruined church to light a candle for Jennifer for very specific reasons.

I have no idea what faith those people of so long ago followed, and I have no idea of Jennifer's faith
I've visited the site a few times before; it's surrounded by rolling meadows, and bursting with pretty wild flowers
Tall, beautiful trees enclose it and make it a safe haven
Every time I have visited, there has been an artist there, quietly painting in its sanctuary
Except the time there was a beautiful, young, female deer standing by the ruined alter. I looked at her, she looked at me, and we both peacefully went our separate ways.
It is undoubtedly a place of sanctuary and anyone who steps within it is safe within its walls.

My wish for the future is that Jennifer and those she loved will be safe from now on. Enclosed within a sacred circle, so to speak, where no further harm or hurt can befall them.

That's my wish. But I'm willing to work to make sure it happens too.

Just checking in... I can't believe there has not been an arrest :(. It's not rocket science...

Happy Mothers Day to angel Jennifer and to mother, sister, and children. And to all of you as well. I love this quote. -

“My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.”

Happy Mother's Day Jennifer.

It's so strange, Mother's day is in March in England. Yesterday was Father's day here in Germany, I think.

My heart aches for her children, thinking of the cards and gifts they may have made at school and not being able to see her hands take them. Or hear her words of appreciation. I'm sure Jennifer was so good at praising her children's artistic efforts.

Her loss really has created a gap in this world and the world really needs to know what happened to her, and to see justice done.

If the Sheriff's office think there are still items of Jennifer's missing, I think they should ask for help in finding them now, from the public.

I think they should be appealing for anyone with information about Jennifer and her life to come forward - not just on the day she disappeared. Somebody out there might hold a vital clue and not even know it.

They should give Jennifer a page of her own on the Sheriff's website too, with their tip line on it. It would hardly take any time at all. If people are a little wary of coming forward, and they get the impression LE are not totally committed - well, it might just swing the balance in favor of that person staying silent. If people are scared, they need to know the full strength and support of the law is there for them if they want to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member