Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was expected back at 5:00pm. GR wanted to call the police at 5:30pm. GR called the father-in-law in a panic at 5:30pm. The father-in-law said that since she's only one half an hour late, to hold off for a bit. GR's reports indicating that he waited to call the police due to his father-in-law's urging are only somewhat accurate and are very misleading, in that that yes, the father-in-law said to wait, but that was when she was only 30 minutes late.

I was typing out my post about the times and didn't see your post. :)

So he wanted to call the police at 5:30 p.m.! :what:

True story! Last week I had two calls back to back and my phone didn't reset. I guess she was calling for almost an hour with worry.

When I finally hung up, her call came in and she told me that she was dressed and ready to drive over because she thought one of the websleuther people that we sleuth got me!

Lol. I get in trouble for my addiction here sometimes. I think we all may. Sigh ... They just don't understand! :)

And... I don't understand how they can't get just as addicted as I am! :dunno:

I was typing out my post about the times and didn't see your post. :)

So he wanted to call the police at 5:30 p.m.! :what:

Wow. So much for playing the card that Jenn's parents didn't want to notify anyone. A half an hour sure isn't cause for concern.

Unless you want an alibi.

With all due respect, and please don't make me search for a link, when did it change that Jenn was expected home at 5:00 PM versus 5:30 PM?

Whichever time, it is bordering upon the Ridiculous, IMO, to call 911 at 8:00 PM for a mid-to-late 30 yo missing spouse who supposedly went Xmas shopping at a mall, and was expected home between 5:00-5:30 PM.

Anyone else?

Then, to publicly place blame upon Father-in-Law, who didn't want you to call, as if he did something wrong...please...don't even start me!

I have refrained from calling for my own young adult kids-and at a far more dangerous hour. GMAB!

Bridge for sale. Not buying.

She was expected back at 5:00pm. GR wanted to call the police at 5:30pm. GR called the father-in-law in a panic at 5:30pm. The father-in-law said that since she's only one half an hour late, to hold off for a bit. GR's reports indicating that he waited to call the police due to his father-in-law's urging are only somewhat accurate and are very misleading, in that that yes, the father-in-law said to wait, but that was when she was only 30 minutes late.

Something is off about this. It's been my initial thought and what made me join WS. Who panics if someone is thirty minutes late?!? My husband would be calling the police ALOT. :blushing: Maybe JR was a very punctual person. But traffic alone could cause a delay. Seems very premature to be in panic mode! And if she was driving 1.5-2 hrs each way... That's 3-4 hrs driving. Leaving at 10:30 she would have got to mall at 12-12:30 (I think someone said 1 hr 45 to get to mall...I'm not certain). To get back at 5 she would have had to leave by 3-3:30. Seems like a long way to drive for 2.5 hrs! I've attempted Destiny while my middle son is in preschool 2.5 hrs. It's hardly enough time to even look at more than a few stores. Especially that time of year. I think I was at Destiny that day and wish I paid attention. I keep thinking I could have seen her. :doh:Though I don't think she was headed to mall in reality! I was there today and thought as I was parking that unless she pulled out in front of me I probably wouldn't have noticed her vehicle. There are so many cars around there. Unless there was something that stood out I don't see how someone remembers. :(

She never got to Destiny Mall.

LE knows that.

4 days spent searching/investigating the home (incl testing w/luminol) and the 18 acres of property the home sits on.

LE knows that.

4 days spent searching/investigating the home and the 18 acres of property the home sits on.

I thought they claim not to know yet? Just pointing out the mall and times he is giving make little sense. I don't think JR planned to go to the mall that day. Did the comb the pond on their property?

I thought they claim not to know yet? Just pointing out the mall and times he is giving make little sense. I don't think JR planned to go to the mall that day. Did the comb the pond on their property?

I stand corrected. Agree.

She never got there, because she was never going there that day...and LE knows that. 4 days in the home & surrounding area. Nope. LE knows that. MOO.

I agree she never got there. If so why no video? Of course they could have it or not, but really if they did wouldn't they show it or say she was seen on video? I'm going with she never made it to the mall IMO. Plus she was carrying cash of course so they couldn't check her debit card uh huh right...of course that's not abnormal, but quite a coincidence.

That said my husband would never ever call the police if I was late. The mall wasn't even closed! I am 39 with 2 kids and married 15 years....like a previous poster said he would be calling the police a lot LOL! I also keep in touch via text with my husband throughout the day and he would try calling/texting me around dinner wondering if he should wait for me or if they should just eat....but again he wouldn't probably start to worry until much later when the mall had closed and he hadn't heard from me.

Very interesting that we were never told that the call to JR's parents was made at 5.30. It was posted here by an insider the FIL told GR to not call LE and then GR called LE at 8pm.
It was of course made to look like GR called FIL at 8pm and how uncaring JR's parents were to not want to to call LE.
So she was due home at 5pm, GR called JR's parents at 5.30. Okay so how many times did he call JR before he felt it was necessary to call her parents? 2 times, 3 times? And if so, what time did he call her? 5.05? 5.10? Who would be calling their spouse when they are 5 mins, 10 mins late? What other calls did he make? Wouldn't he then call friends and see if Jennifer had stopped there? So again, if this was done that would be what 5.15? So he gave JR 10 mins to call back before he starting calling friends? So this take say 10 mins? So he then waits another 5 mins before calling her parents to say she is missing.
Why on earth would you call in-laws and upset them saying their daughter is missing when she is only 30 mins late?
And if you were so sure something was wrong, wouldn't you get in the car and do a little drive along the route she took? (Not the whole way as it seems quite far, but at least part way in case she the car has broken down).
Of course this makes no sense whatsoever, and we can be pretty certain he made a few token phone calls to JR's mobile and then rang her parents asap to get the ball rolling

LE knows that.

4 days spent searching/investigating the home (incl testing w/luminol) and the 18 acres of property the home sits on.

Jumping off your post...

Now with considering the amount of time (or lack of) given for Jennifer to be at Destiny USA....and what an unlikely choice for a 10:30 a.m. To 5:30 p.m shopping trip... I wonder why this place was chosen as a place for Jennifer to be going to that day...

Maybe to deflect LE presence further away from the actual location of Jennifer...

but I wonder if there is/are any other reasons?

I don't know where I am going with this... Just thinking out loud...

:dunno:

I hope the pond was searched thoroughly, too...

As I hope the septic tank was...

In a sense... These would be a places for Jennifer to be "hidden in plain sight" ...

and are places where A local perp could "keep an eye" on her...

:eye: :eye:

JMO

Jumping off your post...

Now with considering the amount of time (or lack of) given for Jennifer to be at Destiny USA....and what an unlikely choice for a 10:30 a.m. To 5:30 p.m shopping trip... I wonder why this place was chosen as a place for Jennifer to be going to that day...

Maybe to deflect LE presence further away from the actual location of Jennifer...

but I wonder if there is/are any other reasons?

I don't know where I am going with this... Just thinking out loud...

:dunno:

To give LE an almost impossibly large area to cover in an attempt to locate Jennifer...(remembering a previous comment by LD in reference to a question as to why SAR and dogs had not been used up to that point in time. I believe the response was something to the effect of" They'd have no idea where to start looking due to the distance between home, the mall and where van and phone were located - area to be covered is too vast."

To keep LE from searching much closer to home where the van and Jen may have been hidden for a time (especially the first day or 2).......

Possibly selecting the farthest distance thinking this would give him the most time to do what he needed to do within that time frame, not realizing that the timing really makes no sense, especially if you add in the drive, Christmas shopping and a crowded mall, and then overplaying his hand with the right-after-5 pm frantic calls because she is late, etc...... (nerves, maybe?)

All jmo - and also thinking aloud.....

To give LE an almost impossibly large area to cover in an attempt to locate Jennifer...(remembering a previous comment by LD in reference to a question as to why SAR and dogs had not been used up to that point in time. I believe the response was something to the effect of" They'd have no idea where to start looking due to the distance between home, the mall and where van and phone were located - area to be covered is too vast."

To keep LE from searching much closer to home where the van and Jen may have been hidden for a time (especially the first day or 2).......

Possibly selecting the farthest distance thinking this would give him the most time to do what he needed to do within that time frame, not realizing that the timing really makes no sense, especially if you add in the drive, Christmas shopping and a crowded mall, and then overplaying his hand with the right-after-5 pm frantic calls because she is late, etc...... (nerves, maybe?)

All jmo - and also thinking aloud.....

Yes... This scenario could explain many of the decisions made... And then the resulting inconsistencies!

JMO

I hope the pond was searched thoroughly, too...

As I hope the septic tank was...

In a sense... These would be a places for Jennifer to be "hidden in plain sight" ...

and are places where A local perp could "keep an eye" on her...

:eye: :eye:

JMO

I wish I knew if they'd had dogs search the home and property......Why can't they still search now?

Someone so in control of everything else would also want to be in full and total control of where Jen was hidden.....

I cannot see them allowing a situation to happen where that control could be taken from them, if she's not physically very close to them, then she's very very close nearby where they feel she will never be found.... They are not going to be leaving anything to chance, loose threads, so to speak.......

When she is found (because I have total faith she will be), there will be an immediate (and ridiculous) attempt to cast blame elsewhere......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3