Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the R family at all and I'm wondering if anyone knows if GR has anger issues or is prone to physical abuse or violence at all? <RS>Just thinking out loud....JMO
From Verified Insider RB:
Snipped
To be fair, I have never observed anything but a loving and affectionate couple when together with never a sign of any bullying.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #2

Snipped
Based on the information that a source related to a Daily Star reporter, Cutting was asked whether the couple was having marital difficulties.

&#8220;Like any marriage there are problems there,&#8221; he said. &#8220;But there are no indications of violence.&#8221;

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman

Verbal abuse usually happens out of sight of others. It has been said that Jen was very quiet around DH in public, while humorous, witty and intelligent with friends.

How many times have each of us heard about a divorce, criminal case, affair, etc. and the words "I would never think he was the type to do such a thing!" ?

Thinking out loud, but Jennifer's parents' house would be a great place to meet for a tryst while out for a run. Known to be empty half of the year, quick and easy to get to, access to key, aware of any security, no record of visit, unlikely to be surprised by spouse arriving home...

OT: Sharing for those who haven't seen this MSM article:

http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2013/02/22/web-sleuths/SMOW1wV7Ghi9aLvaKqr5jK/story.html

Web sleuths help solve cold cases

By Deborah Halber | GLOBE CORRESPONDENT FEBRUARY 22, 2013
ARTICLE PREVIEW
COMMENTS
SUBSCRIBE
Over the past decade, the Internet helped create a growing army of volunteers who, with nothing more than a computer and the uniquely human ability to spot similarities buried in mountains of data, are helping bring closure to families and spurring law enforcement to reopen the most frigid of cold cases.

Agreed to all the above.

Just catching up here ---

Remember when verified insider LD made mention about something being up with GR finding her phone - I wish I had that post handy. It was along the lines of ....once you know what/why/how, you'll understand.

Is it possible that JR's phone was at home that day?

I need to go back and read more again about what time the phone was found.

So if she never made it to the mall (IMO) and maybe never left her home, I would assume the phone was home all day until ..."thrown out the window, hitting a rock, turning on, etc."

hmmmmm

makes sense that the phone might've been turned off/out of range until the next day then, maybe. Perhaps the last place it was shown to be on was at the home, and then it wasn't traceable until it reached the place it was found.... this could in theory suggest, of course, that Jen herself turned it off upon leaving for the mall, or once she began her own tryst, and then whoever ditched it managed to hit the dextrous rock...

OR of course it could suggest that the phone was switched off to avoid it being traceable by someone who harmed her, until they turned it on and ditched it.

There is only one Ramsaran listed on the property tax roles.
The 18 acre Sheff Rd property was purchased on 5/9/06
The inlaws property is small 1.28 acres and was purchased 11/20/06.
Directly behind the Ramsaran house there is a large 56 acre land locked piece owned by a downstate that is heavily wooded.
It would be possible to drag a body undetected from the Ramsaran house to this area.
I have no idea how large a search was done around the home and if dogs were used but it's all possible at this point.

I also know JR's father has been searching the woods surround the houses recently.

Directly behind the Ramsaran house there is a large 56 acre land locked piece owned by a downstate that is heavily wooded.
It would be possible to drag a body undetected from the Ramsaran house to this area.
I have no idea how large a search was done around the home and if dogs were used but it's all possible at this point.

I also know JR's father has been searching the woods surround the houses recently.

That really breaks my heart.. Her poor dad.

The fact her father is searching the woods makes me sad. Does he need help? I would be more than happy to help.

good morning to all of you armchair, floor rocking, web sleuths:yourock:...I am couch surfing today for a bit until we leave :cowcouch:...however yesterdays search, in the area that flew out of my mouth, before I thought about it, way back, produced several people also searching...YEAH! :rocker:

Of note, there were some with dogs, and some with their spouses. Good idea.I cannot stress SAFETY enough in these rural areas! We are trying to track down anyone who may have an article of clothing belonging to JR. Have contacted those online, but so far, all have either used items she sold, or worn them. I believe there may have been a scarf involved- my own opinion only.:moo:

Note 2...the pig farm was checked early on, but they did not think it possible only because they were home, and had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Very nice guy, but if you go there again, be very clear why you are there, as he seemed not sure about strangers talking about missing people. The original flyers were created and printed with the van on them... that is when, myself and whoever I could get to accompany me started searching...we did replace some that were still hanging yesterday, with more recent ones now. The ones hanging were surprisingly in the direction JR would have gone, as they were the last placed. The reservation's posters were also still up.

Note 3... knowing the area, you are all absolutely right about the times....shoot if I ever went to Syracuse without a delay somewhere, I would be shocked...<Mod Snip>. :twocents:

<Mod Snip>
Note5. Of the insiders, do we know anything about the large equipment bags they may have owned? :pirate:

<Mod Snip>
<Mod Snip> It is almost like there is an answer for every possibility....except one...Where is Jennifer.:banghead:

Okay...am off to do just a driving search in the area. Hope to meet more who are looking. Every theory, every post helps so much,...thanks!!!!!!!! Bear :justice:
ps. too many smilies...absolutely

Great post, Fox, thank you so much!

Verbal abuse usually happens out of sight of others. It has been said that Jen was very quiet around DH in public, while humorous, witty and intelligent with friends.

How many times have each of us heard about a divorce, criminal case, affair, etc. and the words "I would never think he was the type to do such a thing!" ?

That's it, EXACTLY. In situations such as this there usually are very few indications that anything is going on. What is presented to the public is "the perfect family". Years can go by with no incident, but if something happens to cause a crack in the "perfect facade", to allow a window where outsiders can see "in", such as a spouse actually taking steps to stand up for themselves and their children, possibly threatening to expose a cheating spouse, possibly filing a restaining order or abuse charges, (I realize this did not all happen in Jen's case, it's only an example), the loss of control can cause an extreme, sometimes physcially violent reaction in the person who thought they were "in charge".

I know this because I experienced and survived it, and have spoken with many others via support groups who have experienced the same. As long as we were all "good little doobies", didn't raise a stink, didn't do a thing to tarnish a certain person's stellar image, everything was fine and dandy....the very second we did not cooperate and exposed them for who and what they were......it got very, very scary....

Even close family members didn't have a clue....we appeared happy, everyone wanted us to be happy, so they thought we were. It's usually only later and after the fact that one realizes there were signs there all along, such as not being able to go to your immediate family functions or be there when a sibling has to have surgery because your husband has already made plans for you both elsewhere (usually doing something that would showcase his imagined talents). And "in the tunnel" - you go along with those plans, because it's easier than not doing so and fighting...

Who was looking for this post recently? LD commenting on the status of the level of gas?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #4

I went looking for her post that said GR didn't find JRs phone until appr 12hrs after reporting her missing & fell over it. Didn't find what I was looking for.

A few things to note about the "find a phone" app. In my home we have 5 different apple devices-back when we were all discussion the connectivity of the phones, VPNs etc I added this app to my acct & all devices. I have used the app multiple times over this time period have never seen it not connect. Now- not a local to the area-have been to the exact place-but I've used it in brick buildings with next to no service & still located my devices 45 minutes away, including my iPad that was listed as "offline." The only oddity I've seen from it this far is on one occasion while 4 of us with iPhones were throughout the house it showed my son as across the street instead of at home. After I refreshed it eventually moved him. I've even used it while in motion. The longest refresh time or location time I've had yet was 60 SECONDS! Keep in mind I also do not live in a city but I'm not quite as far from one as the Rs are to be fair. Thought this was all worth discussing....

<Mod Snip>
Bear, you are AWESOME. Thank you for all of your help. You are a wonderful person.

I'd like to do something nice for you. If your comfortable - let me know how I can buy you dinner, get you a gas card, something!

I really wish I was closer to help you locals out - even if it was just to make hot cocoa to keep you all warm.

Breaks my heart (I can easily imagine my Pops doing the same for me....) .....and also makes me wonder what he is thinking in terms of what happened?

Mom and Dad Renz....I know I am speaking for all of us on this forum. We are behind you 100%. We pray for you daily and will continue to search for your beautiful daughter until she is found. Please know you are not alone and there are so many people doing everything possible to bring Jennifer home to you.

I seriously hope that this does not turn into character assassination of a missing person.
I do believe that Jen's wonderful reputation will withstand any false witness, and will result in the person pointing fingers to look even more a fool.

Thank you, Bear!!!! :)

Of note, there were some with dogs, and some with their spouses. Good idea.I cannot stress SAFETY enough in these rural areas! We are trying to track down anyone who may have an article of clothing belonging to JR. Have contacted those online, but so far, all have either used items she sold, or worn them. I believe there may have been a scarf involved- my own opinion only

Has GR been asked to provide some worn clothing?

I cannot imagine how awful that must be for him. I hope that...

1. Someone finds her safe and sound or she gets in touch with her family.

(Since I don't feel that is possible and the awful alternative is that she did meet with foul play....)

2. I hope if it does go this way she is found by someone soon so her family and children can have closure and peace and she may be given at least a proper burial. However, I do hope it is not her father that locates her! That would make an awful situation even worse!!!

<Mod snip>

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...&ll=42.588977,-75.521025&spn=0.176934,0.41851
Just bumping with the case map.....

Here is a screencapture of JR's home.

If LE used lominol as stated, and there was no sign of blood anywhere, then I presume that would exclude the inside of the home as a place of a murder. Perhaps it could have taken place in one the other buildings on the property. Did LE use lominol in all the buildings???

Is the property surrounded by a fence at all? or do the 18 acres include some of the woodland around the home (I'm thinking it must since the area around the home that is not wooded looks smaller than a few acres)?

Could she have been chased in to the woods on their own property or even further into the other property (the 53 acres someone mentioned earlier?) and killed out that way?
JRshome_zpsdb14fc8a.jpg

Here's a screencap of the apartments where JR's van was found.

I hadn't noticed the creek behind the apartments before. It is the same waterway that the phone was found next to....

I wonder if the van was used to transport a body and the body was dragged/carried by using something out to the creek? :waitasec: Can any locals clarify the size, depth, and access to the creek behind the apartments? And how easily/difficult it would be to bypass the apartments going to the creek without being seen during daylight or night?

Still that would not explain where the mud on the van came from....
Would love to know what the phone records indicate as to when/where they pinged. I can't for the life of me understand why it's taking over 2 months to garnish that information.....unless they do have it and are keeping it hush-hush.
Jrscar_zpse51a20b6.jpg

One of the many theories in my head involves the killing close to home, perp drives her car and takes her phone, disposes of phone, drives through muddy area (Moon Hill seasonal rd??), loops back to HW 23 using rural roads, parks car in apt parking lot, then jogs through Norwich, stops by Y to use sauna (could the hot sauna cause any gunshot residue on hands to come off??)....

Big BUT :butthead:, how did GR call mistress to give him a ride home? Did he use his own phone?<Mod snip> Did he use the "Sherrif friend"'s phone or the Y's phone?

I drove through the apartment complex this morning after dropping the kids off at school... no flyers.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...&ll=42.588977,-75.521025&spn=0.176934,0.41851
Just bumping with the case map.....

Here is a screencapture of JR's home.

If LE used lominol as stated, and there was no sign of blood anywhere, then I presume that would exclude the inside of the home as a place of a murder. Perhaps it could have taken place in one the other buildings on the property. Did LE use lominol in all the buildings???

Is the property surrounded by a fence at all? or do the 18 acres include some of the woodland around the home (I'm thinking it must since the area around the home that is not wooded looks smaller than a few acres)?

Could she have been chased in to the woods on their own property or even further into the other property (the 53 acres someone mentioned earlier?) and killed out that way?
JRshome_zpsdb14fc8a.jpg

Here's a screencap of the apartments where JR's van was found.

I hadn't noticed the creek behind the apartments before. It is the same waterway that the phone was found next to....

I wonder if the van was used to transport a body and the body was dragged/carried by using something out to the creek? :waitasec: Can any locals clarify the size, depth, and access to the creek behind the apartments? And how easily/difficult it would be to bypass the apartments going to the creek without being seen during daylight or night?

Still that would not explain where the mud on the van came from....
Would love to know what the phone records indicate as to when/where they pinged. I can't for the life of me understand why it's taking over 2 months to garnish that information.....unless they do have it and are keeping it hush-hush.
Jrscar_zpse51a20b6.jpg

One of the many theories in my head involves the killing close to home, perp drives her car and takes her phone, disposes of phone, drives through muddy area (Moon Hill seasonal rd??), loops back to HW 23 using rural roads, parks car in apt parking lot, then jogs through Norwich, stops by Y to use sauna (could the hot sauna cause any gunshot residue on hands to come off??)....

Big BUT :butthead:, how did GR call mistress to give him a ride home? Did he use his own phone? <Mod snip> Did he use the "Sherrif friend"'s phone or the Y's phone?

The residents said the van wasn't at the apartments 5 days. Read it up thread somewhere. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3