Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful and fun loving wife, mom, daughter and sister Jen was a person with a big heart. She was an art major and an extermely talented artist who won many awards for her paintings, ceramics and floral designs. She was very active in our Norwich and New Berlin communities and had taught Sunday School at St. Paul's for many years. Jen also was a Girl Scout troop leader and taught knitting classes in New Berlin.

Jen will be remembered as a woman who was willing to help anyone and enjoyed life to it's fullist.
<respectfully snipped>

Jennifer just screams of an endearing nature, and when I saw the words Girl Scout troop leader I just starting welling up with tears as my Kindergarten daughter is in her very first year of GS and we are deep in the midst of cookie sales right now...... Those poor girl scouts must be soo heart broken finding out about the loss of their beautiful troop leader. :tears::tears::tears:

:wagon: Bkpinkha! :welcome:

Great to have your expertise on board!

:seeya:

How would there be blood in the van but no visible signs of trauma when they found her? Could a head injury been masked by her hair possibly? I'm worried why its taking so long to get back a COD. I think someone mentioned here Possible OD on diet pills. If this is what comes out of a tox screen, what if they rule it accidental? In all honesty it makes no sense because she'd have been IN the car still with clothes on! GR mentioning in interview about not losing weight in a healthy way seems to foreshadow something like that coming out.

Does anyone see any other scenario where GR is not guilty? I'm trying.... But finding it difficult. A random killing doesn't seem feasible to me. I used to drive between Utica and Norwich to work at a Pharma company and never felt threatened or scared. Once your in the car it's just a lot of driving in the middle of what felt like nowhere. It would seem if some psycho was out there pretending to need help on the side of the road or something, someone would have seen them as I doibt they got lucky enough for the first car to pull over, another crime would have occurred, not to mention a warning from LE. JMO.

How would there be blood in the van but no visible signs of trauma when they found her? Could a head injury been masked by her hair possibly? I'm worried why its taking so long to get back a COD. I think someone mentioned here Possible OD on diet pills. If this is what comes out of a tox screen, what if they rule it accidental? In all honesty it makes no sense because she'd have been IN the car still with clothes on! GR mentioning in interview about not losing weight in a healthy way seems to foreshadow something like that coming out.

Does anyone see any other scenario where GR is not guilty? I'm trying.... But finding it difficult. A random killing doesn't seem feasible to me. I used to drive between Utica and Norwich to work at a Pharma company and never felt threatened or scared. Once your in the car it's just a lot of driving in the middle of what felt like nowhere. It would seem if some psycho was out there pretending to need help on the side of the road or something, someone would have seen them as I doibt they got lucky enough for the first car to pull over, another crime would have occurred, not to mention a warning from LE. JMO.

I wonder if she did have a nosebleed. Just not an allergic one.

BBM
My thoughts exactly. Wouldn't they keep the body if they were still waiting on test/toxicology results? What if the body was released and a test result comes back with something unusual...something that would make them run a different test?? I don't know how it all works. I tend to think they have the COD and are now waiting for other forensics to put together a solid case.
Oh god i'm gonna be sick. Okay...with my sister, she was cremated and we had a service for her,...but alot of lab testing went on for a couple of months afterward.
I think it depends on what they have to work with and what they're looking for, and more, i'm sure. It can get complex.

BBM

I think the blood could quite possibly have come from Jennifer's nose; a 'nosebleed'. Just not while she was alive.

If you find where I've hidden my maths ability fringles, let me know.
ETA: and don't forget to say hi to believe09 while you're in there.

I wonder if she did have a nosebleed. Just not an allergic one.

Did some searching online and I guess there's something called purge fluid after death that looks like blood. There are graphic pics if you google it.

I wonder if GR had her in the van after killing her without obvious trauma and thought the purge fluid was a bloody nose. Cleaned her up / discarded clothes before dumping her. JMOO.

I wish I could get this case out of my head. I keep trying to think of a scenario that fits. :banghead:

Was the blood ever really confirmed?
I guess it could be unrelated, if there was blood in the van.
Although I have never had any blood in any of my vehicles in the many years of car ownership...

Oh god i'm gonna be sick. Okay...with my sister, she was cremated and we had a service for her,...but alot of lab testing went on for a couple of months afterward.
I think it depends on what they have to work with and what they're looking for, and more, i'm sure. It can get complex.

So sorry this is bringing things back for you, LR.

I agree that they wouldn't wait for lab results.

Found this little tidbit of info interesting (and perhaps relevant) ….

What if the medical cause of death is not found during the autopsy?

It is not uncommon for this to happen. If the cause of death is listed as "pending", it is because we have to do further testing on tissue and body fluid samples that are retained during the autopsy. This does not delay the release of the body for burial or cremation, however, you can expect that the cause of death will be pending for probably six to eight weeks. If you are in need of death certificates for legal matters other than life insurance you can order copies with the cause of death pending. Please speak to your mortuary or cremation service staff about ordering them.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/faqs.asp

(This is from a Sheriff-Coroner in California, but protocols could be quite similar from region to region)

If someone did a forensic search of my car, I think they would find traces of my dog's blood and most likely, me and Mr Z. That's because my dog is forever putting his paws where he shouldn't, and me and Mr Z use the car for transporting renovation stuff. Lots of little accidents.

There's traces and there's bloodstains though. And then there's patterns. I wouldn't be able to make head or tail of them, but I bet there's someone in Jennifer's case who can. And has.

I mean, for example, I'd expect a nosebleed stain to flow below a person's head. Into their lap. If I found the stain under the seat, I'd start wondering where their head was at the time. That's probably just me though.

Found this little tidbit of info interesting (and perhaps relevant) &#8230;.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/faqs.asp

(This is from a Sheriff-Coroner in California, but protocols could be quite similar from region to region)

'If you are in need of death certificates for legal matters other than life insurance you can order copies with the cause of death pending'.

From your link. Under the heading 'What if the medical cause of death is not found during autopsy?'

I think that means any Family Trust control proceedings can go ahead straight away, but life insurance payouts are a no no without it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member