NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice in that article how it said "raped with a foreign objects"?

A new update on from KV's dad.

Karina's father wrote on 10/5/16:
"Good morning everyone.
On that day August 2 2016. The day my world came to an end. Someone was riding their bicycle around 164 ave and 83 st at exactly 5:23 pm. This person had a go pro camera running at the time . This person picked up a woman going in in the same exact location that Karina went in. Does anyone out there know who this person is . Please everyone ask around . this must be someone from new howard. Please contact me direct. It is very important".

Wondering how they found someone to have a GoPro that caught KV on it but they don't know who it is?

Tried to edit my post wasn't able to...I reread his update. I can't tell if they are looking for the person with the GoPro or there was a woman (not Karina) seen entering the park where Karina did and wants to speak to her..I'm a bit confused now.

rsbm

Wow. Thanks, Lauranyc83, for this update from Mr. Vetrano. I wonder if he's on somebody's cctv, this cyclist with a GoPro or the woman?

As an aside: saw this last night
http://www.northjersey.com/news/gua...-paterson-for-back-to-school-nights-1.1671979

Wow. Thanks, Lauranyc83, for this update from Mr. Vetrano. I wonder if he's on somebody's cctv, this cyclist with a GoPro or the woman?

As an aside: saw this last night
http://www.northjersey.com/news/gua...-paterson-for-back-to-school-nights-1.1671979
I'm still confused who he wants to talk to. The person with the GoPro or the woman? I'm assuming the woman. But if not how would they know the GoPro was on capturing anything and that a woman was seen going in the park the same location Karina went in?

Now...if we go back to MF I am wondering if perhaps this woman going in the park was MFs girlfriend looking for him. Imo. I don't know if MF was involved, but if he was..and high on molly then...maybe this was a frequent place he went to after taking molly....now I'm just rambling lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A few random ideas:

"Good morning everyone.
On that day August 2 2016. The day my world came to an end. Someone was riding their bicycle around 164 ave and 83 st at exactly 5:23 pm. This person had a go pro camera running at the time . This person picked up a woman going in in the same exact location that Karina went in. Does anyone out there know who this person is . Please everyone ask around . this must be someone from new howard. Please contact me direct. It is very important".

I take from this that someone was riding a bike with a GoPro attached to the bike or a helmet and caught footage of a woman running into the park at the same spot Karina did that evening. Saying about that woman "this must be someone from new howard" is odd. How does he know? Are the Vetranos/Spring Creek Park part of "old Howard?" So does that mean he/friends/family would recognize someone not from that neighborhood?

Re MF: Today's Thursday, a few days past when NYPD said they'd be getting results on his DNA. No announcements either way. Quoting NBC Channel 4, a local news station, "NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said ... that the department believes there is a 'severe community threat' after the killing of Vetrano..." What's the holdup on a case in which LE has said there was a public danger involved?

MF has been described in multiple news outlets as mentally or emotionally disturbed to the point of becoming psychotic that night he was found naked in the park. If my friend had a breakdown of some kind, drug-induced or not, and it could be proven that he had a rock-solid alibi concerning a recent murder, I'd go public with the injustice of the arrest, or I'd certainly expect the family to find an attorney to do that. NYPD said MF would be charged with "public lewdness" and "trespassing." If he was alone in a marsh that late, who is being offended by his lewdness, the cops? Considering how many celebrities flaunt their lewdness, why would this be announced as a charge? Quality of life crimes are squashed these days of the past in NYC. If this man is innocent, his name should be cleared ASAP.

Sounds like the delay means either they are really "liking" him for KV's murder, or else squeezing him for info about other crimes.

I don't understand why LE is not appealing for this information. I don't really care what the dad's background is or who he knows - this should be going through LE and not his page.

I'm still confused who he wants to talk to. The person with the GoPro or the woman? I'm assuming the woman. But if not how would they know the GoPro was on capturing anything and that a woman was seen going in the park the same location Karina went in?

Now...if we go back to MF I am wondering if perhaps this woman going in the park was MFs girlfriend looking for him. Imo. I don't know if MF was involved, but if he was..and high on molly then...maybe this was a frequent place he went to after taking molly....now I'm just rambling lol

BBM

I'm wondering if something has been uploaded on youtube or elsewhere online, where someone else saw it and recognized the area and date??

Plenty of people upload gopro videos and drone videos of their neighborhoods or other locations they visit. Could be something like that.

IDK. It's confusing!

jmo

A few random ideas:

"Good morning everyone.

I take from this that someone was riding a bike with a GoPro attached to the bike or a helmet and caught footage of a woman running into the park at the same spot Karina did that evening. Saying about that woman "this must be someone from new howard" is odd. How does he know? Are the Vetranos/Spring Creek Park part of "old Howard?" So does that mean he/friends/family would recognize someone not from that neighborhood?

Re MF: Today's Thursday, a few days past when NYPD said they'd be getting results on his DNA. No announcements either way. Quoting NBC Channel 4, a local news station, "NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said ... that the department believes there is a 'severe community threat' after the killing of Vetrano..." What's the holdup on a case in which LE has said there was a public danger involved?

MF has been described in multiple news outlets as mentally or emotionally disturbed to the point of becoming psychotic that night he was found naked in the park. If my friend had a breakdown of some kind, drug-induced or not, and it could be proven that he had a rock-solid alibi concerning a recent murder, I'd go public with the injustice of the arrest, or I'd certainly expect the family to find an attorney to do that. NYPD said MF would be charged with "public lewdness" and "trespassing." If he was alone in a marsh that late, who is being offended by his lewdness, the cops? Considering how many celebrities flaunt their lewdness, why would this be announced as a charge? Quality of life crimes are squashed these days of the past in NYC. If this man is innocent, his name should be cleared ASAP.

Sounds like the delay means either they are really "liking" him for KV's murder, or else squeezing him for info about other crimes.

I am confused too if they do not know the person how can they tell if they live in Old Howard Beach or New?

I am confused too if they do not know the person how can they tell if they live in Old Howard Beach or New?

What's the difference between Old Howard Beach and New? Are they different sections of the neighborhood? What's the dividing line geographically, socially, etc.?

What's the difference between Old Howard Beach and New? Are they different sections of the neighborhood? What's the dividing line geographically, socially, etc.?
Old Howard Beach
7dce26f4679367ab7097366979545223.jpg

New Howard Beach
faaa1b4bda39114d0adee25ba644a870.jpg

I think Old was devolped first...new was built later on and made part of HB. I may be wrong though. But everyone from HB refers to old and new.

Exactly. Maybe the local NYC evening news will show the GoPro footage. Meanwhile, why not post the best screen shot from that on the RIP Karina FB page, or why doesn't NYPD tweet it? I just wonder about the timing of all this.

How would the mob have prevented this crime, I wonder? I'm actually curious.

My opinion - back in the day, unless a person was just passing through and not aware of the make-up of the neighborhood, one wouldn't commit such a crime in a mob-run neighborhood.

My opinion - back in the day, unless a person was just passing through and not aware of the make-up of the neighborhood, one wouldn't commit such a crime in a mob-run neighborhood.

Unless it was a revenge killing. In that case, the killer(s) could take advantage of being really familiar with the neighborhoods, paths into and out of the park, who might be easily persuaded to "take a walk," etc. Add to that now where cameras might be.

His last update sounds like he is looking for the person with the GoPro. Someone must have seen a video of it..but the question is who saw the video and how do they not know who it belongs to?

Seems like he wants to review the video.

"Update 71
7 hours ago

I am still looking for that person who shot the GO PRO video on 8/2 at 5:23 pm . someone must know who took it . I just want to review it. Please help"

Old Howard Beach
7dce26f4679367ab7097366979545223.jpg

New Howard Beach
faaa1b4bda39114d0adee25ba644a870.jpg

I think Old was devolped first...new was built later on and made part of HB. I may be wrong though. But everyone from HB refers to old and new.

So Karina & family lived in New and the crime happened in New - do I have that right?

Kind of strange to point out "New" when referring to the GoPro video. I hope it all makes sense soon for us.

jmo

Speculating.....maybe he was looking through surveillance or someone in the neighborhood came forward with their camera and just pointed this guy out as someone to talk to. Maybe the person with the video lived in the "new" area and that is why he is specifically saying that area.

Speculating.....maybe he was looking through surveillance or someone in the neighborhood came forward with their camera and just pointed this guy out as someone to talk to. Maybe the person with the video lived in the "new" area and that is why he is specifically saying that area.

That could be....perhaps he was seen on someone's home surveillance.

We don't need another mystery to solve on this case! Who is this GoPro guy!?!?

jmo

I thought this as well. But then if they have him on camera and see a woman entering the park in the same spot Karina did, why not release that photo and ask for her to come forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member