NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the mystery white truck be for this purpose, and what state or city department does that on L.I.?

truck01.jpg

(Photo from a Florida Animal Carcass Removal Service.)

I just realized after reading thru some prior posts that the house across the street from Brewer I posted a screen shot of belongs to Msgr Alan Placa and that's he's been posted about before in this forum...(a priest with a history of sexual abuse of boys who just happens to also own an uptown Manhattan apartment.)

scroll down on this page to see the post:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

What *if* the serial killer didn't actually have sex with these prostitutes? I've read profiles online from various sources and they say that serial killers generally have a total disdain for their victims.

...if this were a work of fiction and not real life crime.

...if this were a work of fiction and not real life crime.

true....

personally, I believe Brewer is guilty.

he's been living in the area a while....has various properties

and previously working as a financial advisor he probably was in Manhattan time to time...

it's just too too concidental with the circumstances of Gilbert's disappearance.

I'd love to hear her 23 min 911 call to see if she gave any details of how she was being threatened...like strangulation or if the killer bragged about killing others before her, etc.

As far as the ticket goes, she could have had a round-trip ticket from when she left Connecticut. That would be the normal way to make that trip. It would also make sense that if she called from the bus terminal, that she was about to get on the bus.

But you're right, the rest does not fit. It's certainly unlikely that she was meeting another client under those circumstances. It's probably worth noting that there are other women missing from bus terminals in Manhattan and also in Camden NJ.

Right, Jessica Taylor. I thought of that too, Carbuff. Of course, we know next to nothing about Taylor (at least, I haven't been able to find much). No idea if she worked for an agency, advertised on CL, or was streewalker level. And since we have no phone numbers or working names for her, we have no way to sleuth that. Dead end, I'm afraid.

Anyway, round trip ticket makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Blindsided, I guess. And if that IS the case, LE already has that piece of the puzzle, right? Easy to trace, I would think.

So let's assume for a moment that MBB did have a return ticket, and that she was at the bus terminal to board a bus back home. What prompted her to leave the terminal and go off with our SK? Seems like the answer to that could only be one of two things (to me anyway).

1). She met up with a stranger at the terminal, he offered her a large sum of money, she wanted to recoup her losses from the robbery, and decided to throw caution to the wind. Maybe it was arranged for a quickie, and she figured she's still have time to make the bus. That scenario doesn't seem all that likely to me, but it's certainly a possibility.

2). The more likely scenario in my mind, is that she got to the terminal early and got a call from a regular. He offered her a large sum of money to meet (car date or hotel), and she agreed to meet him. Maybe the money was so good she couldn't turn it down. But then, I have to wonder if this "regular" would have time to drive all the way into Manhattan, meet MBB, have a 1/2 to 1 hour date, and her still make her bus. I don't think so. I think it far more likely that he was already IN Manhattan. I think he works in the city. July 9, 2007 was a Monday, so that would make sense. The call MBB made to friends was at night, though I have no idea what time, so if it was close to early evening, that might fit. If it was closer to 11:00pm, this scenario seems less likely.

Anyway...just random thoughts.

some accounts say she vanished from the bus terminal but this one says she vanished from her hotel room & that her cellphone pinged on Long Island.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

Cann’s sister, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, had gone missing from her Manhattan hotel room nearly three years earlier, in July 2007. Police had subsequently linked her phone activity to a cell phone tower on Long Island. In 2008, police helicopters and cadaver dogs had scoured the same marshy, desolate area, but found no signs of Brainard-Barnes, a sweet-faced brunette with a passion for poetry.

obviously the killer has some link to midtown Manhattan...since that's where he made the taunting calls from....

and Barthelemy had an arrest record in Manhattan as well.

I have never seen a msm article claiming MBB cell phone pings were tracked to LI. I've also never seen a single msm report that states police helicopters scoured this specific part of Oak beach looking for her. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying there are no msm reports that I'm aware of that says those things happened, so I really have to take those 2 pieces of information with a whopping spoonful of salt.

JMO

Wow. The SK is possibly right under our noses. Someone people trust. Someone who may turn the bodies to the East for some sort of religious message. Someone who has a residence on LI and in Manhattan. Someone without a 9 to 5 job, can come and go.

I've never read anything that stated our 4 known vicitims were "turned to the east". My impression is that they were dumped haphazardly. The bodies of the AC murders were turned to the east...are you sure you're not thinking of that? :waitasec:

Right, Jessica Taylor. I thought of that too, Carbuff. Of course, we know next to nothing about Taylor (at least, I haven't been able to find much). No idea if she worked for an agency, advertised on CL, or was streewalker level. And since we have no phone numbers or working names for her, we have no way to sleuth that. Dead end, I'm afraid.

Anyway, round trip ticket makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Blindsided, I guess. And if that IS the case, LE already has that piece of the puzzle, right? Easy to trace, I would think.

So let's assume for a moment that MBB did have a return ticket, and that she was at the bus terminal to board a bus back home. What prompted her to leave the terminal and go off with our SK? Seems like the answer to that could only be one of two things (to me anyway).

1). She met up with a stranger at the terminal, he offered her a large sum of money, she wanted to recoup her losses from the robbery, and decided to throw caution to the wind. Maybe it was arranged for a quickie, and she figured she's still have time to make the bus. That scenario doesn't seem all that likely to me, but it's certainly a possibility.

2). The more likely scenario in my mind, is that she got to the terminal early and got a call from a regular. He offered her a large sum of money to meet (car date or hotel), and she agreed to meet him. Maybe the money was so good she couldn't turn it down. But then, I have to wonder if this "regular" would have time to drive all the way into Manhattan, meet MBB, have a 1/2 to 1 hour date, and her still make her bus. I don't think so. I think it far more likely that he was already IN Manhattan. I think he works in the city. July 9, 2007 was a Monday, so that would make sense. The call MBB made to friends was at night, though I have no idea what time, so if it was close to early evening, that might fit. If it was closer to 11:00pm, this scenario seems less likely.

MK, another scenario that internetgirl suggested in one of the other threads was that maybe MBB was forced to call her friends with that robbery story and maybe when those calls were made she was already in the SK's custody.

That theory really stuck with me because although it's not a totally logical way to buy time (it would make more sense if he forced her to say things were going well and she was going to stay in the city for a few more days), it is incredibly similar to the "doctor" phone call made to SG's family... the whole "things got complicated but she's okay and headed home" story. Maybe it was less about buying time and more about playing games? Idk.

Anyway, I really hope they release ids of the other 5-6 victims this week... we're getting close to the 1 month mark (I think the fifth was found at the very end of March).

I have never seen a msm article claiming MBB cell phone pings were tracked to LI. I've also never seen a single msm report that states police helicopters scoured this specific part of Oak beach looking for her. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying there are no msm reports that I'm aware of that says those things happened, so I really have to take those 2 pieces of information with a whopping spoonful of salt.

JMO

I have that information too which I copied from a NY Daily News article, I think. I will find it even if it takes me all night. We don't know much at all about Maureen.

I found it!

The Daily Beast
April 11, 2011
The Serial Killer Sisterhood

ttp://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-04-11/long-island-serial-killer-victims-bond-in-support-group?cid=bsa:relatedstories2:1#

Since I am not a New Yorker, I have no idea if this is a reputable source.

In re MBB, here's another article ( link )

My sister maureen Has been missinf since July 10 2007. [...] We reported her missing through our local police department. while I called Ny and reported her missing to them. They said that the last call ping off her cell phone was a water town on long island.

Eta ~ watertown is in upstate NY

I just recently became interested in the news of the Long Island Serial killer, so I'm really just playing catchup with the rest of you....but I didn't realize til tonight that the community where Brewer lives is a gated community.

And on another note, Gus Coletti reported that Gilbert had come to his door before 5 (about 4:45am) IIRC, but yet Brewer called her "driver" at 5:00am and said she was refusing to leave.

That's a little strange....almost like it was a cya move on his part...

In re MBB, here's another article ( link )

My sister maureen Has been missinf since July 10 2007. [...] We reported her missing through our local police department. while I called Ny and reported her missing to them. They said that the last call ping off her cell phone was a water town on long island.

Eta ~ watertown is in upstate NY

that should be "mainstream" enough...coming from her family

There are several more than Jessica. I'll try to put together a complete list tomorrow.

A third option: it was somebody she knew, and trusted for a ride home, or help getting her ID or her money back.

SBM - Keep your random thoughts coming MK!!! They are very helpful in trying to make sense of the plethora of confusing information surrounding this case. Here is one other scenario I had been contemplating with MBB: If she had been robbed, she might have called a former high-paying customer to see if he wanted a "date" that night, hoping to recoup her money. Her cell phone records would be highly important in this case. At least she had a cell phone with her, and did not "intentionally" leave it behind at home like ALC did. I still find that strange!

Makes you wonder if ALC was specifically requested to leave her home wearing a pink hoodie and jeans for the $1500.00 date the night of 9/2/2010. MBB was last seen 7/9/2007. In fact, for the benefit of myself and some of our new members, here is a rough time line to include, "Real Life Name", "Stage Name", "Date Last Seen":

[FONT=&quot]Maureen Brainard-Barnes - Jasmine - 7/9/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Melissa Barthelemy - Chloe - 7/12/2009
Shannon Gilbert - Sabrina - 5/1/2010
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Megan Waterman - Lexy - 6/6/2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Amber Lynn Costello - Carolina - 9/2/2010[/FONT]

MK, another scenario that internetgirl suggested in one of the other threads was that maybe MBB was forced to call her friends with that robbery story and maybe when those calls were made she was already in the SK's custody.

That theory really stuck with me because although it's not a totally logical way to buy time (it would make more sense if he forced her to say things were going well and she was going to stay in the city for a few more days), it is incredibly similar to the "doctor" phone call made to SG's family... the whole "things got complicated but she's okay and headed home" story. Maybe it was less about buying time and more about playing games? Idk.

Anyway, I really hope they release ids of the other 5-6 victims this week... we're getting close to the 1 month mark (I think the fifth was found at the very end of March).

I thought I read that the call to her friends was traced to the Port Authority Bus terminal. That would be pretty difficult to get her to make the call to her friends in such a public place.

I did stumble across some info on Jessica Taylor that parallels this case.

"Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports. She had been arrested for prostitution in Atlantic City, New York and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else is known about Taylor; she was estranged from her family. She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip—a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 50th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of NYC."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/3/

It got me thinking that MBB might have been streetwalking in between calls or resorted to streetwalking for bus fare.

It would be interesting to see the time of day she called from. Maybe some locals can chime in on that area "The Minnesota Strip". It doesn't look like a streetwalker type place.

I would also suspect their might be a difference in prices for a streetwalker vs craiglist girl.

Makes you wonder if ALC was specifically requested to leave her home wearing a pink hoodie and jeans for the $1500.00 date the night of 9/2/2010. MBB was last seen 7/9/2007. In fact, for the benefit of myself and some of our new members, here is a rough time line to include, "Real Life Name", "Stage Name", "Date Last Seen":

[FONT=&quot]Maureen Brainard-Barnes - Jasmine - 7/9/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Melissa Barthelemy - Chloe - 7/12/2009
Shannon Gilbert - Sabrina - 5/1/2010
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Megan Waterman - Lexy - 6/6/2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Amber Lynn Costello - Carolina - 9/2/2010[/FONT]

Hmmm, I have it slightly different. :waitasec:

MB- Jasmine
MW- Lexy, Lexi (and possibly Tiffany, but can't confirm yet)
MBB- Chloe
ALC- Carolina (and possibly Christine, but haven't confirmed yet)

Regarding the pink hoodie...aren't they fairly common. I have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie