NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
List updated with Fran's likely candidates. The all-caps parts don't mean anything except that their NAMUS entry had all caps when I copied and pasted. I didn't copy over the moon data yet. The starred names are the identified victims.

================================

07/30/06...NY...Michelle Lyn Hutchings, age 27 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hutchings_michelle.html May have been seen in the New Jersey area in 2007.

09/10/06...NJ...Jessica L. Paolini, age 22 http://www.nampn.org/cases/paolini_jessica_l.html, known to frequent the same Camden area several other women have disappeared from.

09/18/06...NY...Jessica Isabel Rodriguez, age 27 http://www.nampn.org/cases/rodriguez_jessica_isabel.html From Florida, disappeared from Schenectady (which is probably about three hours' bus ride from Grand Central Station).

*Maureen Barnes.....last seen Monday, 7-9-07

This is the Monday after the 4th of July, which was on a Wednesday that year. Lots of people took Wednesday through Sunday as a very long holiday weekend. Maureen is still listed in NAMUS.

Brittany Peart, from Maryland, officially last seen 7/25/08 but probably seen after this date heading north. http://www.nampn.org/cases/peart_brittany.html

Judy Rivers, Fairfield area, Saturday August 30, 2008. She is believed to be a runaway. Per the Norwalk Police Department, Judy is a ward of the State of New York who was placed in Connecticut. She left with a boyfriend and has not been seen or heard from since.

Maria Claros, Hartford, Hartford, Friday July 03, 2009, MARIA'S LAST C0NTACT WAS BY CELL PH0NE WHEN SHE T0LD M0THER SHE WAS IN NEW YORK.

*Melissa Barthelemy.....Last seen, Sunday, 7-12-09
This was the same day Judas Priest and White Snake played at Jones Beach Theater. There were fireworks there on 7/4, and concerts by various artists on 7/8, 7/12, 7/13, 7/15, 7/19, 7/21, 7/22, 7/23.

Fourth of July was the weekend before, with many people getting the holiday on July 6. So this might have been the first available weekend.

Leslie Colon, New Haven, Monday July 13, 2009, very little data

****** odd that three women disappear on the same weekend

Shannon Gilbert.......last seen, Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is quite early in the year relative to the others, and on a different day. The circumstances don't seem to necessarily fit, either.

Angelica Cruz, New Haven, Saturday September 04, 2009 - 03:00 Angelica may be traveling in the company of an adult male. She may travel out of state.

*Megan Waterman.......last seen, Sunday, 6-6-10

An ordinary weekend.

Elena Jazmir Lozada, Missing, Tuesday, 7-6-10

This is the Tuesday after the 4th of July weekend, which was a three-day weekend with Monday the holiday. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8308/0/

*Amber Costello......last seen, Tuesday, 9-7-10
This is the day after Labor Day, which was rather late last year.
The Jones Beach Concert scheduled for 9/3 was cancelled due to hurricane.

Ref: http://jonesbeach.com/index.php?opt...ted-2010&catid=46:concerts-2010&Itemid=100054

BBM

Articles have said that "some" or "two of the four" were in burlap. From the first four bodies. At least one of the first four bodies was not in anything... because this video is from then. (Probably body 2, 3, or 4.)

There is bones and a skull, this could be consistent with a shallow grave. A recent article said they were "buried."

This video has the skull blurred out...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/13/cops-bodies-found-in-gilgo-beach/

This video is the original and does not blur it out... I am a bit surprised no one has complained and had it taken down in almost 4 months...

It does give perspective just how close this body was found to the road. With about 25 seconds left in the video it pans out to the vehicles and shows them and the body...

http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/?watchId=bf7774c9-af77-4905-96a0-bbd5835f5208

A map of the first five bodies...

It appears that the first body found was the second body in line... there was one body on one side and two on the other side of it.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/location-of-bodies-in-gilgo-beach-1.2541830

Long Island and Atlantic City.

The remains of the four women found on Gilgo Beach were all petite women, who were also working as prostitutes and contacted by a client via Craigslist. Their bodies were buried close together and equidistant from each other in the same manner, police said.

http://www.wpix.com/wpix-gilgo-beach-bodies-search-0404,0,6451273.story

It has also been said repeatedly that they were spaced 500 feet apart from each other.

It has also been rumored that they were all facing the ocean... which is east. (This is also consistent with the one body we see on the video above, which appears to be facing the ocean.)

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=41917

On November 20, 2006,
two women walking along a dirt road in Egg Harbor Township, N.J. -- just west of Atlantic City -- stumbled upon the body of a woman.

When police arrived and began searching the area for clues, they discovered another body -- then another, and another.
By the time they'd combed through the crime scene, police had discovered the bodies of four women, all murder victims.

Investigators say each body was found face down in several inches of water in a ditch behind a strip of seedy motels, places notorious as hangouts for drug addicts and prostitutes.

The details of the crime scene are eerie. According to investigators, each body was dumped about 60 feet from the last, and all of their faces were positioned in the same peculiar way -- with their heads facing east, toward Atlantic City. All of the victims were wearing clothes on their bodies, but were all missing their shoes and socks.

Good morning! Just catching up from all the posts last night. internetgirl, Have you sleep at all? I woke up at 4 thinking about this case! Has there been confirmation that a 9th body was found?

My thoughts and prayers are with the searchers today. I hope the weather cooperates!

wm

On November 20, 2006, [/B]two women walking along a dirt road in Egg Harbor Township, N.J. -- just west of Atlantic City -- stumbled upon the body of a woman.

When police arrived and began searching the area for clues, they discovered another body -- then another, and another.
By the time they'd combed through the crime scene, police had discovered the bodies of four women, all murder victims.

Investigators say each body was found face down in several inches of water in a ditch behind a strip of seedy motels, places notorious as hangouts for drug addicts and prostitutes.

The details of the crime scene are eerie. According to investigators, each body was dumped about 60 feet from the last, and all of their faces were positioned in the same peculiar way -- with their heads facing east, toward Atlantic City. All of the victims were wearing clothes on their bodies, but were all missing their shoes and socks.

I originally believed that the LI and Atlantic City murders were unrelated, but I'm beginning to question that. The display of the bodies, the choice of victim, the taking of clothing -- these things are just too much alike.

The Atlantic City murders seem so similar to the LI ones, only done on a smaller scale, as if the LI killer were on vacation without his burlap sacks. The signature looks identical to me.

Good morning! Just catching up from all the posts last night. internetgirl, Have you sleep at all? I woke up at 4 thinking about this case! Has there been confirmation that a 9th body was found?

My thoughts and prayers are with the searchers today. I hope the weather cooperates!

wm

Good morning. I had commented on this case a few months ago and am back reading about these latest bodies found. I, too, had trouble sleeping last night and kept thinking about these recent events.

I grew up on Long Island (no longer live there) and drove on Ocean Parkway many times as an alternate route to get to beaches, etc. It is very upsetting to hear about all these poor women (I am assuming that so far, the bodies are all female) found on this beautiful, but lonely and desolate stretch of land.

It sounds to me like whomever has done this has probably killed quite a few times more than what has been revealed here. Thank you all for your wonderful sleuthing and for caring about these unfortunate human beings to try to help find their killer.

The line of storms have arrived on the coast of NC. Very high winds, driving rain, angry ocean and a man trying to moor a big sailboat on the canal behind me!

This is a wicked storm! I hope it loses it's punch before it reaches LI, for the searchers sake.

Thank you Penelope for your kind words!

wm

I hope LE does a proper Press release. They have not Id the 5th girl yet. In an age of so much communications and instant access to world news images from everywhere on the Planet. It sure is a throwback when there seems to be a lack of information.

Morning all, I still haven't caught up on all the posts from last night so I apologize if I'm repeating anything anyone else has already said but I just wanted to mention that there is still no confirmation on the presence of a 9th body. What probably happened was Nancy Grace got a lead that something else was found last night (could be a 9th body, could be animal remains, could be a completely false lead) and she ran with it because she tends to have a propensity for the dramatic. Then I think some of the family members were watching the show, and just like us, they thought Nancy knew something the press didn't and posted on FB that there was another body found. I thought perhaps the families had been alerted before the press, which would make sense. But up until I hear differently, I'm going to assume there are 8 (not 9) victims that have been found.

Unfortunately, the weather on LI this morning is horrible. It's already starting to rain, it's foggy, and it's VERY windy, which I'm sure would make the bucket searches a lot more dangerous.

I too had trouble sleeping last night. This this all very disturbing.

One more question, is it true the same cop found several of the sets of remains (including the very first set in Dec)? I am hearing talk of that but I don't know if it's true. Not that I think he has anything to do with the murders, I just find it incredibly interesting that out of all the searchers, it was always the same guy making the finds.

You can get a probable nine if they found four more bodies and they're pretty sure none of them is Shannon Gilbert. Then you'd have the two groups of four, plus one they haven't found yet.

In an area as small as Oak Beach, it doesn't surprise me the same guy found several of the bodies. He's probably the only K-9 officer in that part of the island.

Bodies #1-4 (Maureen, Melissa, Megan and Amber) are from:

July of 2007

July of 2009

June of 2010

September of 2010

If we look at this as a June/July and September pattern...

We are missing:

September 2007.

June/July 2008.

September 2008.

September 2009.

There ARE missing women who match these times. Those 4 could be bodies #5-8. That would cover the 8 bodies we know of... I will be interested to see their identities and when they went missing.

However, we allegedly have a 9th body now... (from family members of victims as well as from Nancy) if there really is 9, I don't think it'll stop there...

If you throw in a couple of more for escalation or opportunistic victims... you could easily get to the next "set of 4."

I think it is possible he escalated in 2010 and claimed 4 instead of the 2 that have been identified. (Possibly Shannan in May...) Maybe even an extra in a previous year. There are missing women who would fit that.

Then maybe he also started earlier... if you add in June/July 2006 and September 2006 - you could have 2 more... there are also missing women who match that.

That could be the next set of 4, if there is indeed more bodies.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010- All id'd, #2

Or maybe the locations of the bodies, the distances of the bodies, the timing of the disappearances and the circumstances surrounding them are just a big ol' coincidence... :innocent:

BBM

Fall of 2006 is when the Atlantic City bodies were found.

Something to remember. Ocean Parkway is busy during the summer, between Jones Beach and Robert Moses State Park. I don't know if people use it to go to the Hamptons or Montauk but Jones beach gets packed with People, Tens of thousands on Weekends. It's totally opposite in the Winter.

Wikpedia
The park is renowned for its great beaches, 10 mi (16.1 km) in length, facing the open Atlantic Ocean and furnishes one of the most popular summer recreational locations for the New York metropolitan area. It is the most popular and heavily visited beach on the East Coast, with an estimated SIX MILLION visitors per year.[2]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_Beach_State_Park[/ame]

Count me with those who think he most likely pulled off on the grassy verge while driving west -- he probably pulled as close as he could to the brush, or maybe as somebody suggested even backed up to it, and threw the body out from there.

It wouldn't take a lot of strength to shove a bag like that off the back of a tallish vehicle (like pickup or SUV) and the slope would probably help. It also wouldn't take very long. If he's had some practice, he might not even need to stop the vehicle. If he's taking time to lower them to the ground and pose them, that would be slower, but still probably only a couple of minutes.

Simple steps in my mind:

1. Perp meets the woman

2. Business is *ahem* conducted

3. Woman is slain

4. Clothes and personal belongings are taken and put somewhere

5. Body is placed into a burlap sack (Like the ones they use for clams)

6. Body is taken by a vehicle to location and dumped

7. Perp either goes home or back to where they did business.

#4 is a huge step we have not yet looked at in depth. I heard nancy yelling about it last night (didn't watch the whole thing yet) Did this perp despose of clothing, etc. or does he still have them? Is he place of business the same as his home? :waitasec:

Maybe the guy works at the Jones Beach Theatre or a Parks Employee.

Good thought.

For some reason I keep thinking art gallery or craft store. Maybe because there are so many of those on Cape Cod, which I'm more familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke