NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, I never gave it a thought that S could be wounded by M, that would serve him right to suffer all alone.
Look what S did to that young policeman!

hey Tilly, if you hadn't 'helped; your men would still be flirting with you! and more............see what you caused............a million a day to NY tax payers, trials for you and palmer............confess who all is involved! JMOO

OT, we were thinking about a trip to the Adirondacks before this all went down. Staying in the Lake Placid area, any locals can please pm me with "don't miss" things to do, if you don't mind. Have to say this manhunt has educated me on the area, not in the way I expected.

Has it been confirmed that the shots fired at the camper were not from Matt's gun? I thought I read that the gun he had had not been fired at all.

He did not fire any shots at LE when they confronted him and told him to put his hands up.

However the camper was shot and LE smelled gunpowder in a cabin nearby which is why they went in the woods nearby and then heard him coughing etc.

wow, I never gave it a thought that S could be wounded by M, that would serve him right to suffer all alone.
Look what S did to that young policeman!

hey Tilly, if you hadn't 'helped; your men would still be flirting with you! and more............see what you caused............a million a day to NY tax payers, trials for you and palmer............confess who all is involved! JMOO

Ha! Great point, Tillie's libido killed at least one of her lovers so far.

Does anyone have more info about the attempted carjacking (of the camper)? Did the guy get out to check the tires? Was it a bullet "hole" ...why would Matt shoot from inside the cabin etc? Thanks!

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 4m4 minutes ago

If a black cat crosses your path it's bad luck. If a woman with a plate of biscuits crosses, does it mean they'll catch Sweat today? Day 22

morning friends :seeya:

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 15s15 seconds ago

I'm at the road block on Route 30. Not seeing much so far. Many police cars headed back to Plattsburgh for shift change #PrisonBreakNY

This guy on CNN can't even remember Gene Palmer's name. He's asking who the hell would want to own a little piece of evil via owning one of Matt's paintings.

Someone who is a huge Sopranos fan clearly bought that one painting, because it was of James Gandolfini who had just died. Someone who is a great Sopranos memorabilia collector would obviously think it would be unique to add a painting to his collection painted by a convicted murderer, seeing as how the show was all ABOUT murder/prison/crime/etc.

"Painting of James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano painted by Convicted Murderer Richard Matt" is likely something that was bought only because of that. This is a niche that is smaller than small IMHO and none of his other stuff would sell for anywhere near $2K IMO if it wasn't for this that's going on right now anyway.

Does anyone have more info about the attempted carjacking (of the camper)? Did the guy get out to check the tires? Was it a bullet "hole" ...why would Matt shoot from inside the cabin etc? Thanks!

Yeah it wasn't an attempted carjacking at all, that was media hype.

Don't know why he shot the camper. The driver got out and thought it was a flat but saw it wasn't and drove another 8 miles before arriving at his destination and noticing the bullet hole and calling LE who responded, went back 8 miles, checked a cabin right there, smelled gun powder, found Matt nearby, killed him.

(ETA - searching adirondack real estate this morning and it's the first time since last summer but I can't help but notice the prices are quite a bit higher than this time last year. hrumph. was hoping this fiasco would make them go down. )

Stepped away last night and all hell broke loose. Ugh! Well, I'm glad they've found one of them at least. Not glad I had to quickly skim through about 20 pages to get the jist of what happened. Could have just read news reports but who knows who has it right and it's always more interesting getting it from here. Just a heads up if I ask any dumb questions that have already been gone over 10 times.

I was sure that I'd wake up during the night, turn on the radio, and learn that Sweat had been caught and/or surrendered. :praying: today will be the day.

I believe that no media are allowed within the perimeter, so we should take reports with a grain of salt. JMO

Thanks! I had heard it described as everything from a carjacking at gunpont to a stray bullet etc. I just can't see the motivation for shooting at the camper. The coughing seems strange to me too. But then again so does grape gin...

(Meant to quote GGE...phone isn't letting me)

Thanks! I had heard it described as everything from a carjacking at gunpont to a stray bullet etc. I just can't see the motivation for shooting at the camper. The coughing seems strange to me too. But then again so does grape gin...

Maybe he was sick and delirious ?

CNN - "hundreds of officers are still searching"

Well gee there was over 1000 for the past weeks, now it's just "hundreds" eh. I guess we know who they really were worried about catching. Dude with metal teeth sounds scary.

If it's the same number today as weeks past then CNN just intentionally made it sound like it wasn't IMO and it makes me wonder what their agenda is IMO.

ETA never mind, despite the anchor using those words, text on the screen says 1000+.

Words. They mean things. (tm)

"Police hopeful killer contained in perimeter" it now says on CNN. That is a slightly different tone than all last night IMO.

Why would the cough seem strange? Maybe Matt had allergies and/or asthma. I live in MI where we've had a lot of rain lately. Environmental molds are prevalent. Despite using prescription inhalers and nasal spray, I've had a nuisance tickly cough for several weeks. The escapees had been in deep woods during periods of heavy rainfall - not the healthiest of environments. :moo:

O/T, but someone is using the hashtag #hamburgerhelper for Tillie. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member