NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"While there have been no confirmed sightings of Sweat, police said investigators saw a second set of tracks near where Matt was shot. Searchers hoped for one last break before heavy rains forecast for Sunday come in."

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015...capee-could-face-a-harder-time/?in-other-news

--------
"Franklin County Sheriff Kevin Mulverhill said late Saturday tips continued to pour in and he was optimistic David Sweat would be captured, perhaps within 48 hours.

"It's going to be one of those phone calls that turns this case around,""

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crim...ckpoints-in-hunt-for-escaped-killer/29422281/

----------
"As a dutiful citizen, I have followed instructions and spent the past three weeks in my home with all the doors secured. I’m confident that the criminals who used a couple pounds of ground beef to help get out of one of the nation’s most secure prisons will be daunted by a $25 door lock from Lowe’s."

<snip>

"When my son left the light on in the garage, I called for a SWAT team. Last Thursday, and again on Friday, I had the police detain, interrogate and presumably waterboard our mailman, because I thought he looked vaguely Sweat-like."

<snip>

"My plan is this: if an intruder is spotted, I will scream “Siri, dial 9-1-1!” then I will hurl the closest housecat at his eyes, to disorient him (and likely the cat). "

http://www.pressrepublican.com/opin...cle_02919b5b-9464-5d43-8599-4017fe905e06.html

Alright guys I don't know anything about guns.

Some people here have questioned the camper being shot and a bullet hole being left, when taken in combination with the smell of gunpowder, and Matt having a 20 gage shotgun.

Do those not shoot bullets or something? Don't all guns smell like gunpowder after they're shot?

Can someone please explain the problems with this? TIA

Also, most people have said the hacksaw blades would be useless in their escape. What if they were for Matt so he could dismember Sweat after he stopped being useful?

Just a thought. I wonder if they were left behind in the tunnel?

how heavy is the manhole cover in the street by the prison? I just thought of it being tarred around also..................outside help making that easy for them???

Alright guys I don't know anything about guns.

Some people here have questioned the camper being shot and a bullet hole being left, when taken in combination with the smell of gunpowder, and Matt having a 20 gage shotgun.

Do those not shoot bullets or something? Don't all guns smell like gunpowder after they're shot?

Can someone please explain the problems with this? TIA

Usually a shotgun shell contains many small bb like pellets not a single bullet unless it was a slug which would be a single projectile.

As far as shotguns go they fire a cartridge that houses several small BB type projectiles, so when they hit the target it's a scatter effect with several holes spread over an area - however it's possible a "slug" was fired which is more like a solid bullet which would leave a single hole in the target.

morning friends :seeya: deja vu all over again lol ............

dropping off a few tweets......

Keshia Clukey retweeted
The Buffalo News &#8207;@TheBuffaloNews 14h14 hours ago

Richard Matt was in rough physical shape when officers came upon him.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...d-sweat-continues-to-elude-searchers-20150627 &#8230;

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Mary Pat Hyland &#8207;@cailinAolain 2h2 hours ago

#PrisonBreakNY Key points from @guardian: 2 sets of footprints near Matt's body. Sweat was on trail video w. Matt. That grape gin was OLD.

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Hannah McDonald &#8207;@HannahWPTZ 1h1 hour ago

Had satellite issues this AM on @WPTZ, but did go live. Out of 23 day manhunt, rained 16 days #PrisonBreakNY

But dont' "slugs" leave those plastic casings on the ground? Or are those the pellet containers?

Either way wouldn't you look for that versus a bullet to determine if it came from his shotgun?

They SAY Sweat was on the trail cam video with Matt but they also say he wasn't so at this point having someone say that someone else said so doesn't mean anything to me. JMO. Until they release the photo I dont believe it for an instant. I think Matt was alone and they know it.

how heavy is the manhole cover in the street by the prison? I just thought of it being tarred around also..................outside help making that easy for them???

They're not tarred. the whole point is that it's the access point into the sewer and electical system. They're used like doors.

On tv after the escape someone said they're 150 pounds. I have no idea of course. But my husband and my oldest son each can life that up over their heads (and do when weight lifting) so it's not something that REQUIRES extra help, JMO.

ETA - if you google it then wikipedia says 110 pds plus, but some other page says OH HEY THEY"RE LIKE 300 POUNDS EACH. I call BS. A single worker needs to be able to remove it IMO.

some people in some areas have been arrested for stealing and scrapping them for money so. It's not like you need a truck with a winch to move them.

Shotgun shell would be left behind in either case regardless if it contained shot or slug unless you picked it up.

Oh ok, thanks. I warned you, I don't know anything about guns. I think we're the only family in upstate NY who can say that. IMO.

Thanks for the info on the Adirondacks, GGE! I can understand that even if you hear him you may not be able to ever see him, much less knowing if it were an animal or Sweat.

Actually, I think they would have to remove the shell manually and if not it would still be in the gun. Depends on the shotgun.

CIj6hKDWgAAQ-Uk.jpg

Vanessa Misciagna retweeted
Jorge Barrera &#8207;@JorgeBarrera 9h9 hours ago

After you pass armed US Border Patrol checkpoint to cross into Canada you hit line-up @ Canada customs #prisonbreakNY

That trail video supposedly showing Matt and Sweat...I would like to see it. As GGE mentioned, we have heard conflicting reports that only Matt was on the video and also that both of them were on it.

Which is it?

That trail video supposedly showing Matt and Sweat...I would like to see it. As GGE mentioned, we have heard conflicting reports that only Matt was on the video and also that both of them were on it.

Which is it?

Seriously if you want the public to be on the lookout for someone wouldnt you want to show them the most recent photo you have of them?

Why ask the public for help with this if you're not going to let them in on the most vital info out there??

I mean, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I dont think Sweat is even dangerous to anyone except cops who would put him back in jail. I think if he could blink his eyes and have this all go away and start over he probably wouldn't break the law again. They already got the scary dude. Now all that's left is someone who was afraid to go back to jail and shot a cop to avoid it, apologizing while he did so.

He regretted it even as he was doing it. He has no desire to continue a life of crime IMO.

So keep the public on your side by providing the image and keeping us in the loop or risk complacency creeping in. He's gonna end up staying out there for years at this rate. News stations are going on to other news stories now. Media isn't writing about Sweat the way you'd expect. People aren't coming to this thread like they were before. People are over this.

Just give us the freakin photo. Get the public back in the game.

JMO

I mean, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I dont think Sweat is even dangerous to anyone except cops who would put him back in jail. I think if he could blink his eyes and have this all go away and start over he probably wouldn't break the law again. They already got the scary dude.

JMO

I always felt Matt was the more dangerous one as well. But if you corner a sick dog and he has teeth, he would probably bite anyone.

Guess they have to find him IF he's dead or alive... Those poor searchers in that nasty weather!

Brian Dwyer &#8207;@Brian_TWCNews
Troopers are building fire by their perimeter to stay warm. Posted every 50 feet or so. Cold & rain overnight has been hard. #PrisonBreakNY

CIl9LuKWIAAM6UY.jpg

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 4m4 minutes ago

I have my prison stripe socks on today for good luck #prisonbreakny

:hilarious: that should do it lol, she's so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics