Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh one thing you could find out while you're at the courthouse: can you pop into the DA's office and ask Willoughby someone how long a Rule 24 hearing generally takes? Is it mere minutes? An hour? Longer?

Danke!
I met the secretary in his office last year and spoke to her a few times after that. What can it hurt to stop by and ask about time frame for Rule 24? I am there on business anyway. I'll ask around, or try to find OUR {cough} attorney in the halls for guidance and answers, that is if they let me out at all.

I met the secretary in his office last year and spoke to her a few times after that. What can it hurt to stop by and ask about time frame for Rule 24? I am there on business anyway. I'll ask around, or try to find OUR {cough} attorney in the halls for guidance and answers, that is if they let me out at all.

Excellent strategy. I'm sure you'll get a little time to wander the halls.

Jury Duty calls me tomorrow...Can you believe I was a very high number, just knew I wasn't needed...ya right. So I called the # and heard 1-220...oh yes, happy dance, I am not needed. I'm about to hang up, then they say also included is # and they called me out!!! So :floorlaugh: your :behind: off at me.

I just knew something like this was going to happen. I was sort of warned. I'm the last number to be called....all day to sit and stew. Is that how they do it, number sequence?

Any advice what to say or get out if they call me in? Believe it or not I have NEVER done this, even at my age. Maybe Willoughby will be up to seeing me?

Well, I usually seem to get picked for jury duty, so I'm no help with getting off. I can tell you to get there early if you want your choice of seats in the jurors waiting room. Some chairs are upholstered, some not, some are at tables if you want a work space.

I believe they did call jurors in numerical order to go to the various trials, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Have fun!

I usually seem to get picked for jury duty

I'd like to get picked for jury duty. Not only is it my civic duty, but time away from the office would be nice for a change. So Skittles, what is the secret to getting selected?

I'd like to get picked for jury duty. Not only is it my civic duty, but time away from the office would be nice for a change. So Skittles, what is the secret to getting selected?

I haven't a clue. I answer the questions honestly. Maybe it's just that I pay attention to the proceedings and am non-threatening! I've been a juror on a rape trial, a federal bank and mail fraud trial (alternate juror), and an assault trial.

Oh, hey, MT3K, have an answer ready for that Sarah Palin question: what newspapers and magazines do you read?

I haven't a clue. I answer the questions honestly. Maybe it's just that I pay attention to the proceedings and am non-threatening! I've been a juror on a rape trial, a federal bank and mail fraud trial (alternate juror), and an assault trial.

Oh, hey, MT3K, have an answer ready for that Sarah Palin question: what newspapers and magazines do you read?
So I have packed a few Obama magazines, Christmas baking (all my new appliances have to get used, especially the convection oven), and thinking about the book "Body Farm."

I know why they did this to me...I arrived 14 minutes late in Sept for JD,and they told me they WOULD be seeing me again in Nov. To go to #220 juror, then call me out seperately. :waitasec:

So will I now be the last to be called since I am the highest #:confused:

So I have packed a few Obama magazines, Christmas baking (all my new appliances have to get used, especially the convection oven), and thinking about the book "Body Farm."

I know why they did this to me...I arrived 14 minutes late in Sept for JD,and they told me they WOULD be seeing me again in Nov. To go to #220 juror, then call me out seperately. :waitasec:

So will I now be the last to be called since I am the highest #:confused:

http://video.nationalgeographic.com...-human-body-sci/human-body/body-farm-sci.html

M23K - Is this "Body Farm" you are referring to?

I think Mom may be referring to the book The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell. http://www.amazon.com/Body-Farm-Kay...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227100420&sr=1-1 The protagonist uses the BF to investigate a death.

The Body Farm is located in Oak Ridge, TN, and is affiliated with the University of TN, which is the reference you have found.

Both the novel and the actual BF are amazing. Love the Cornwell novels, and I view the BF with great respect and absolutely no desire to visit.

Did you have to go there with the boys? :slap:

I've been investigating some new procedure that will keep her 5 years old for the rest of her life.

Seriously guys, I am grateful for all of the kind thoughts and prayers from this site. I feel an almost overwhelming sense of responsibility right now...it's hard to describe. There is something magical and special about little girls. I just got done listening to a song that I love to sing with my 5 year old. It's called Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, and it brought me to tears again. For those of you that have never heard it, please listen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYxtuC0oRk

Like you, ncsu, I can't get through that song without tears...and my husband is worse. Believe it or not, it gets harder to listen to as they get older. My daughter is 15, and it only reminds me of how short the time is I have with her. I got married at 19...and while I don't necessarily recommend that for her, I just realize how soon it could happen. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was carrying that little toddler around in my arms. <sigh>

I was a "SAHM" with my children. Thankfully we could do it that way. (We waited so long for me to get brave enough to have kids, we were "on in years").

And, since I can't imagine how moms work AND have children, I knew I couldn't work and be a mom. Not me. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, plus I need naps due to health reasons on bad days. Back then I had to get by without the naps.

Being a parent is a full time "job". I loved being a mom of young children. Now I love being a mom of adult children.

MOM to 3 Kids, for getting out of jury duty: maybe try eating lots of chili with beans, then going to explain that you have unpredictable "issues" that would cause you "not to work well with others". Demonstrate, silently but in a deadly manner. Hopefully your sincerity at going the distance to tell them in person will pay off, especially if you "demonstrate" in a small room full of people.

Hmm.... no post from momto3kids about jury duty. Perhaps she's been chosen for a jury and is not allowed on crime-related message boards for the six months her trial is expected to last. Poor mom. :frown:

I spoke to Mom briefly last night. She'll probably be back sometime next week. I don't have any other info.

I spoke to Mom briefly last night. She'll probably be back sometime next week. I don't have any other info.

Aha!! So now, SG, do you still want to be on a jury? No newspapers, news websites, TV/Radio news, turn off your RSS feeds, no message boards???

Believe it or not, yes I do.

I tend to stay away from news sites anyway since so much of the news is sad/depressing. The limited television I do watch are shows I Tivo (House, LOST, etc.). I don't use RSS. I don't subscribe to any paper newspapers. Message boards would be a sacrifice but I could do it! Not for 6 months, but for a couple months, sure.

Seriously guys, I am grateful for all of the kind thoughts and prayers from this site. I feel an almost overwhelming sense of responsibility right now...it's hard to describe. There is something magical and special about little girls. I just got done listening to a song that I love to sing with my 5 year old. It's called Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, and it brought me to tears again. For those of you that have never heard it, please listen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYxtuC0oRk

Oh Boy....I wish I had watched that before I put on my eye makeup!:crazy: What a beautiful song. I was glancing at the links/I've never heard of Chapman and I gather he lost his daughter.....I'll read more later. I'm on my way to work.....after I redo my makeup!

Thanks for this nc!:)

Oh Boy....I wish I had watched that before I put on my eye makeup!:crazy: What a beautiful song. I was glancing at the links/I've never heard of Chapman and I gather he lost his daughter.....I'll read more later. I'm on my way to work.....after I redo my makeup!

Thanks for this nc!:)

Yes, he lost his 5 year old adoptive daughter earlier this year. His teenage son accidentally ran over her in the driveway. It was a horrible tragedy.

This past week I had the wonderful experience {cough}of riding the slowest elevator in Wake Co. with 3 jailbirds in full costume, all chained together.

I have to tell you....I was shocked to see how color coordinated they are. The orange strip outfit, orange socks/footies, and orange rubber sandals. I guess I was expecting white socks and maybe black sandals, but orange really had me do a double take.

I just wish it was BC so I could have burst out laughing at the sight of the orange attire and chained to 2 other jailbirds....

Mom, why didn't you pay Brad a visit? He can have visitors, can't he? Could we go and visit him under the guise of trying to "save" him? :praying:

We can let him know that Jason will be coming there soon.

If Brad was ever depressed, he should be right about now. This is it for him. His life as he knew it is O-V-E-R, just like Nancy's, only worse. He has his days to pass, doing nothing. No computer at his fingertips. No closets full of warm caresses. No Ms. Fun Bags on a mountain in France. I suppose he'll just wear out his brain playing the scenes over and over in his head. No children. Will that bother him any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper