OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he just decided to go on a killing spree for no reason whatsoever? Just go to a crowded place a start shooting. How horrible.
I doubt it. The killer almost always has some type of grievance, whether towards an individual, a corporation, or a demographic group.
I wonder if it has any connection to his sister and her boyfriend. Imo

I thought I must be losing my mind, or reading something that popped up from a prior year... What? Unbelievable!

Twitter #OregonDistrict has a photo of a deceased white male on the sidewalk with numbered evidence markers and they are saying he is the shooter. Also reports that this incident happened at a bar called Ned Peppers; area is east 5th Street.

I don't do Twitter, I am confused. Can you expound re prior year?

Last edited:
I doubt it. The killer almost always has some type of grievance, whether towards an individual, a corporation, or a demographic group.
I wonder if it has any connection to his sister and her boyfriend. Imo
Just some ideas, all MOO and no facts included.
Alexander Whipple said that the reason he "snapped" was because he assumed his sister and her boyfriend were going upstairs to be intimate. I wonder if it was something like that? An assumption which he fueled with his own imagination?
Also, wasn't there a church shooter who also shot his parents in a car before going to the church? Kind of like Adam Lanza killed his mother before Sandy Hook? All of these shootings are blurring together in my mind...
MOO

Last edited:
There is a lot of misinformation being spread. For example, some sources are saying he entered the bar and began shooting, other sources say he was denied entry to the bar by the bouncer, left, and returned wearing body armor.

LE is probably investigating that. Not unusual for a couple guys to get ticked off when bouncers don't let them in a popular bar on a Saturday night. But its dark, people are drinking, etc. LE will need to confirm he was the same guy who was bounced.

Just some ideas, all MOO and no facts included.
Alexander Whipple said that the reason he "snapped" was because he assumed his sister and her brother were going upstairs to be intimate. I wonder if it was something like that? An assumption which he fueled with his own imagination?
Also, wasn't there a church shooter who also shot his parents in a car before going to the church? Kind of like Adam Lanza killed his mother before Sandy Hook?
MOO

Very sad all around. Parents must be devastated. I hope it wasn't because Connor disapproved of who she was dating. I don't know, just a possibility. JMO.

The violent crime rate has def dropped, but the frequency of public mass shooting events (there seem to be quite a few definitions, not always widely agreed upon) and their deadliness has risen markedly. One of the articles in my newsfeed this morning quotes a criminologist whose research shows that 41% of Americans now admit to fear of a mass shooting event — those are understandable but astonishing numbers (speech software not working on iPad so will plug in links later).

And each event disrupts and destroys so many lives for so long. I wonder if we have a real handle on the harm caused, let alone substantive solutions.

That doesn't mean these trends were caused by an increase in psychopaths or narcissists in the population though, as the post I was responding to asserted.

CNN reporting that all the victims were found in the same location. So apparently those reports of his sister and her boyfriend being found dead in a car were wrong.

This is looking to me like he went there to kill his sister.

Yeah, I suppose stranger things have happened, and maybe this bar is the most likely place for any young person in Dayton to go; but it seems a pretty big coincidence if not.

Victims have been identified:

9-dayton-shooting-victims-identified

SABBM:
DAYTON, Ohio -- Authorities have identified the nine people killed in a shooting overnight in the Oregon District of Dayton, Ohio:

• Lois Oglesby, 27
  • Megan Betts, 22
  • Sayid Saleh, 38
  • Derek Fudge, 57
  • Logan Turner, 30
  • Nicholas *advertiser censored*, 25
  • Thomas McNichols, 25
  • Beatrice Warren Curtis, 36
  • Monica Brickhouse, 39

Given that his sister was one of the victims, one has to speculate that his sister was the intended/primary target.

As opposed to the El Paso shootings, the motive for this horrific crime may very well turn out to be personal.

If he was bounced out of the bar and came back, which is still unclear, I wonder whether the reason for his getting kicked out was that he got into an altercation with his sister and/or her boyfriend.

JMO.

Last edited:
I don't know if I can find it now, but I was watching a station local to that area earlier and they mentioned that they had just found out who the shooter was and spoke to a family that knew him. They were told that Connor 'was a bit off' so they weren't shocked. They also said that they understood that there was someone there (Oregon District) that Connor knew and another person they knew also happened to be there and was hurt. Now I'm wondering if they were referring to his sister and her boyfriend.

Oh my. I LOVE country music and I, in absolutely no way reflect this monsters views or values.

Thank you. I didnt even understand what the poster was even referring to or trying to imply when it has absolutely no relevancy whatsoever.

I dont know what country music has to do with anything other than the victims he murdered in cold blood or injured liked country music which millions of others do in our country, and worldwide.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member