OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what did they indicate I guess is a better way to ask the question!!

I think we were referring to the fact Clint had not called Brian for some time. I find it hard to believe that they didn't talk for that long then all of the sudden Clint called him to go out. Also find it odd that Brian just happens to do a vanishing act that night. In the end all of these little and some big coincidences could mean little to nothing as to Brian not being seen again but I struggle to believe that's the case.

Brian was likely too busy to go out anytime other than school breaks which could explain why they didn't see each other for extended periods of time. Also, they both worked/attended school in relatively the same area of campus, so they may have seen each other in person. Curious if the phone records showed texts also or only calls.

Brian was likely too busy to go out anytime other than school breaks which could explain why they didn't see each other for extended periods of time. Also, they both worked/attended school in relatively the same area of campus, so they may have seen each other in person. Curious if the phone records showed texts also or only calls.

Could be but according to Don this was not normal for them not to talk or text. So there was a big gap then all of the sudden he called.

I think we were referring to the fact Clint had not called Brian for some time. I find it hard to believe that they didn't talk for that long then all of the sudden Clint called him to go out. Also find it odd that Brian just happens to do a vanishing act that night. In the end all of these little and some big coincidences could mean little to nothing as to Brian not being seen again but I struggle to believe that's the case.

Yes,

I also can't get out of my mind that on this night of nights, Brian makes contact with all the people in his life before doing his vanishing act.

The other issue is who starts a new life drunk as a skunk? I believe that Brian and the gang were far more drunk than shown on that "Cracker Jack Box quality" camera. If Brian clearly wanted to start a life on his own, why not go home, sleep it off, pack and leave going into the following week? Preparations would be better, and obviously one would have more of a sound mind sober than drunk to leave and plan for a whole new life.

Satch

Yes,

I also can't get out of my mind that on this night of nights, Brian makes contact with all the people in his life before doing his vanishing act.

The other issue is who starts a new life drunk as a skunk? I believe that Brian and the gang were far more drunk than shown on that "Cracker Jack Box quality" camera. If Brian clearly wanted to start a life on his own, why not go home, sleep it off, pack and leave going into the following week? Preparations would be better, and obviously one would have more of a sound mind sober than drunk to leave and plan for a whole new life.

Satch

If he did take off, it could be a possibility that’s what he did, went home and sobered up first.

Yes,

Satch

I agree. It took me a while to realize that it’s possible Brian leaving through the construction area could have had nothing to do with him being missing. Maybe he was trying to avoid someone. He could have gone home or he could have been picked up by someone at a certain time.

I agree. It took me a while to realize that it’s possible Brian leaving through the construction area could have had nothing to do with him being missing. Maybe he was trying to avoid someone. He could have gone home or he could have been picked up by someone at a certain time.

As time has passed I have def faded on the he is buried in concrete somewhere in there

Whatever happened had to be outside the building IMO

it is kinda hard to really grasp that there might have been an accidental murder inside a bar and no one would ever speak up that is pretty CT if you think about it

people do have morals!!

like oh better shut up i think it would bother people

and someone in a hard place saying maybe you better find someone else sounds like a typical statement for someone going thro a hard time

just like wishing one were on island when stressed

a robbery a fall drugs seem far more likely than entombed deceased young man moo

You got that right. Nothing normal about alienating your friend while his mom is dying and then waiting 3 weeks after she was dead to call him.
You are making pretty big assumptions based on phone records. They could have communicated via Facebook, MySpace, email, etc. Also as I stated before they worked/went to school basically a few minutes walking distance from each other. Not to mention they both lived near campus. Maybe Clint wanted to offer condolences in person. Maybe Brian was devastated and had his phone off, because he didn't want to be bothered. Maybe you are right and Clint didn't care about Brian at all, but to state that he was alienating him like it is a fact is not something that can be said at this point. I just think Clint is a red Herring in this case. If he was involved, I think they would have found evidence against him.

You are making pretty big assumptions based on phone records. They could have communicated via Facebook, MySpace, email, etc. Also as I stated before they worked/went to school basically a few minutes walking distance from each other. Not to mention they both lived near campus. Maybe Clint wanted to offer condolences in person. Maybe Brian was devastated and had his phone off, because he didn't want to be bothered. Maybe you are right and Clint didn't care about Brian at all, but to state that he was alienating him like it is a fact is not something that can be said at this point. I just think Clint is a red Herring in this case. If he was involved, I think they would have found evidence against him.

Aren’t your points just assumptions too? We know for sure that Clint didn’t call that’s not an assumption. We know from Don Corbett that this was not usual. Clint didn’t call him for around 6 to 8 weeks then when he did call him to go out Brian went missing a few hours later. Clint called Meredith that night to meet them at a bar knowing full well Brian did not like her. Yep nothing out of the ordinary there.

Don’t think Brian ever had a Facebook page. Clint never once posted on Brian’s MySpace after Brian went missing then not long after that he unfriended Brian. Yep this all seems like normal behavior to me.

Aren’t your points just assumptions too? We know for sure that Clint didn’t call that’s not an assumption. We know from Don Corbett that this was not usual. Clint didn’t call him for around 6 to 8 weeks then when he did call him to go out Brian went missing a few hours later. Clint called Meredith that night to meet them at a bar knowing full well Brian did not like her. Yep nothing out of the ordinary there.

Don’t think Brian ever had a Facebook page. Clint never once posted on Brian’s MySpace after Brian went missing then not long after that he unfriended Brian. Yep this all seems like normal behavior to me.

You wonder if Brian was pissed at Clint for liking Meredith over him? Whatever the tension was, best guess is that it had been existing for quite a while before Brian disappeared? It seemed that Brian and Clint's friendship may not have been all that in the first place. I think Brian was a womanizer, and Clint hated that.

Satch

Yet there are a lot of cases here that we follow in which a person is not named as a suspect. Until they have the evidence. I have no idea, just saying.

You wonder if Brian was pissed at Clint for liking Meredith over him? Whatever the tension was, best guess is that it had been existing for quite a while before Brian disappeared? It seemed that Brian and Clint's friendship may not have been all that in the first place. I think Brian was a womanizer, and Clint hated that.

Satch

Yes I don't think that Brian was too happy about Clint calling Meredith. I think Clint was just as much a womanizer as Brian but was jealous of Brian. Brian seemed to be able to talk to woman pretty easily. From what I heard Meredith had the hots for Brian but he was not interested. I also IMO don't think that Clint wasn't even the slightest bit upset about Brian being missing.

Yes I don't think that Brian was too happy about Clint calling Meredith. I think Clint was just as much a womanizer as Brian but was jealous of Brian. Brian seemed to be able to talk to woman pretty easily. From what I heard Meredith had the hots for Brian but he was not interested. I also IMO don't think that Clint wasn't even the slightest bit upset about Brian being missing.

it does seem from Bians brothers comments that CLint was nasty after he went missing

it does seem from Bians brothers comments that CLint was nasty after he went missing

That’s the impression I always got as well. He only seemed concerned that he was being questioned with no apparent concern for Brian. I don’t think that Brian giving him the slip that night set well with him. I don’t know what was going on with them but I think something was. JMO

Does anyone remember from the Ohio Dispatch article the point brought out that the Columbus PD wouldn’t release Brian’s police records to Don and Randy? I’ve just been curious what that was all about. As in, did Brian actually have a police record, as in was he ever arrested, or was that simply related to the police investigation of him being missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada