OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CARIIS, (Or anybody.)

Do you have a link to this? That is interesting!

Satch

Here's the link to the Brainscratch episode.

ETA: Hmmm, I just noticed I have two Brainscratches for Brian, this one below is longer than the first. Don't know why, or if they're the same thing as it's been a while since I watched them.

I never heard anything about a professor would you give me a overview tia

trying to find the VM he left her at 930 that night

and hey probably meaninglessness but the other day when i was redoing stuff

i just thought (when I found out the VM was at 930) that was early in the evening (might just be male thing!) but I thought get it over with so if you meet someone ahhhhh shame on me hey that is just the thought that flew thro my head!

i know i know that is terrible

I never heard anything about a professor would you give me a overview tia

trying to find the VM he left her at 930 that night

and hey probably meaninglessness but the other day when i was redoing stuff

i just thought (when I found out the VM was at 930) that was early in the evening (might just be male thing!) but I thought get it over with so if you meet someone ahhhhh shame on me hey that is just the thought that flew thro my head!

i know i know that is terrible

Oh gosh, it was from LookingforBrian I think, Clint and Meredith were staying or living in this professor's house, house sitting I believe. I'd have to go back and look for the details, although that's really all I remember hearing.

I agree,

Updates on everything we NOW know would be helpful. Things that we thought were established years ago, aren't seemingly so established now. For instance, many thought that Clint went back to Brian's apartment and had a key and waited there for six hours? Did Clint have a key to Brian's apartment? Now we hear that Clint actually waited in his car for Brian. Was that the same night that Brian vanished? Or the following day? How long did Clint wait in his car?

What's coming out now, is that there was conflict between Brian and members of the group that night. Seemingly the most conflict between Clint and he. We need to ask "Comeback." Where did Meredith and Clint go after they left the bar? I also wonder, did they go back to the professor's house and wait there? What classes did the trio take with this professor? What does the professor know about the case? Was he/she ever questioned by LE? What were Clint and Meredith doing at the professor's house?

Satch

Didn't we learn recently from Looking4Brian that Clint didn't wait at Brian's apartment, inside or out ? I think they were house sitting at the house, but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. I feel I'm behind as I haven't listened to that last podcast.

Hey All,

I need some questions answered to help with this case. Some may be review an some may reveal additional information:

1.) How long had Brian and Alexis been dating?
2.) Was a trip to Miami really planned for them? If so, who purchased the tickets?
3.) Was the planned engagement REALLY planned? From what we are beginning to know, this seemed to be more of a dream that Alexis had that they were going to go to Miami for Spring break and Brian was going to propose.
4.) We DO know, at least at this time, that Brian never purchased an engagement ring.
5.) Were there any other known conflicts in their relationship, other than Brian saying after his Mother's death, "I think you should move on and find someone else."
6.) It seems that this relationship was more of a one-way street in reality, than the two way love connection like "Eskimos on ice" that Alexis envisioned.

Satch

Satch I'll try my best to answer some of these. They were dating roughly 9 months. Tickets were purchased and I believe Brian did all the planning. Far as I know there was no real plan to get engaged and no ring was bought. OK so I'll say this as far as their relationship. Brian told his Dad the last night they went out for dinner that he was sure about getting married and he recently had someone else in his life which was at least off and on.

It's been 12 years and I think that a lot of this stuff needs to come to light. It's not a slur against anyone to state facts. Its get s old hearing the same old misinformation about this case. I'm 100% convinced that Alexis was in love with him but she knew that things weren't as solid as people think. I also believe that to this day she thinks he took off to parts unknown that night.

Oh gosh, it was from LookingforBrian I think, Clint and Meredith were staying or living in this professor's house, house sitting I believe. I'd have to go back and look for the details, although that's really all I remember hearing.

Yes they were house sitting not sure for how long but they both stayed at this guys house that night. The next day Meredith drove Clint to Brian's to pick up his car. To my knowledge Clint did not have a key to Brian's apartment.

There are a lot of rumors that Clint was gay but I think it's mostly people repeating what they have seen on line. Clint is married and I believe that he has a child.

So at the very least he's bi sexual but again no proof he is or was gay.

If folks knew how many married men with children I have met in the bars and bathhouses pre aids they would be blown away

religion often results in (especially two decades a go ) marrying manufacturing children to cover over their truths

a lot....................................

they loved their wives and children but were living a lie obviously the ones I met (and) had come to terms at some level that they were gay in that they were in baths and gay bars

The baths were identical to Mcdonald's . Back then BC was the main franchise. You buy the membership and they have a club. With membership you pay either like $6 for a locker (per 6 hours) or a room for like back then $8 per 6 hours

Every six hours they announce over the soundsystem that your room or locker has expired come up and renew or check out

if you wanted to go out to a club as long as you paid "up" you could go out and come back -- it was basically a hotel with sex!

most had pools saunas disco booze video rooms bbq's etc etc

open 24 7 everyday of any year never closed

In essense they were for sex thats it and it was pre aids awesome!

2005, Club Washington
Club Baths was a chain of gay bathhouses in the United States and Canada with particular prominence from the 1960s through the 1990s.

At its peak it included 42 bathhouses: Akron, Atlanta, Atlantic City, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Camden NJ, Chicago, Cleveland (two locations), Columbus Ohio, Dallas, Dayton, Detroit, Hartford, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Missouri, Key West, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis ("opening soon"), New Haven ("opening soon"), New York, Newark, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, St. Louis, San Francisco, Tampa, Toledo, Ohio, Washington DC, London Ontario, and Toronto.[1]

The chain claimed to have at least 500,000 members. Most of the bathhouses were closed in the 1990s either by government agencies or a changing market after charges were made that it contributed to the spread of AIDS.[2]

The Club was founded in 1965 by John W. Campbell (generally known as "Jack") (born 1932) and two other investors who paid $15,000 to buy a closed Finnish bath house in Cleveland, Ohio. Campbell wanted to be provide cleaner, brighter amenities which were a contrast to the dark, dirty environment that existed previously.[2]

Club Baths - Wikipedia

there were tons of independent ones in cities around the globe

there are gay guildes that outline everything one could need or want ! Identical to the guides for stright folks for any city around the world

back then they were in book form now they are online you buy (or go to the library) for a gay guide for any city you are going to

they list bars type of bars ( dance for young sleazy dirty fun clean piano bar, pounding disco type of music have drag shows bring in hot acts live etc etc

they list parks that are crusiy to pick up men

they give you restaurants that are gay friendly

they give you areas in any city that are that are safe to hunt for sex

they rate safety ( hate crimes in each city etc it was good to know areas of any city where homophobes hang out and beat the shi# out of gay men!

There were back then (still) very clear areas a gay man ought to avoid if they are not in the mood to get their faces smashed or cops entrap gay men !

Cops usually would rub themselves in public to entrap you -- I always could sense when it was a cop and never got entrapped and arrested many i knew were entrapped and arrested

rate LE homophobia levels- it was always good to know if you had a high probability of wrecking your vacation in some city being what you are!!

gay beaches

etc etc

married men liked the baths cause they could have some sex and go home after that business meeting and continue their lie

sad they broke my heart

Gay Fort Lauderdale Guide - Gay Bars & Clubs, Hotels, Beaches, Reviews and Maps

Gay Rome Guide etc etc
  • Via di San Giovanni in Laterano, 8 (Colosseo) Open everyday: 7am – 2am. ...
  • Vicolo di Santa Margherita, 1 (Trastevere) Open 10pm – 5am (closed Mondays) ...
  • Via del Politeama, 13-14 (Trastevere) ...
  • Via del Commercio, 36 (Ostiense) ...
  • Via di Portonaccio, 212 (Tiburtina) ...
  • Monthly (October – May) ...
  • Via delle Tre Fontane, 2 (EUR District)
point here -- a wife and kids mean nothing and still does not!

now days they are beautiful real focus on working out and then going back having some safe sex much cleaner now days!

trivia

bette midler and barry manilow started their careers in the ny bath houses !!

Bette tore the city up with her run at the baths !! They had to start letting hetero sexuals in!! Stright folks hangin with a bunch of gay dudes in towels!!

Bette at the baths what a hoot ! She is campy for those that are sensitive to that kind of stuff !!

having children does not mean hetero it can mean a sad person

what a hoot huh

An added attraction at the club was the first class entertainment provided by performers such as:

Due to her performances at the baths, Bette Midler earned the nickname Bathhouse Betty. It was at the Continental, accompanied by pianist Barry Manilow (who, like the bathhouse patrons, sometimes wore only a white towel)[6] that she created her stage persona the Divine Miss M.

wiki
Continental Baths - Wikipedia

Last edited:
UGH

the clint gay i had never heard of

anyone know if either clint or brian came from religious stuff ??

that opens up a lot of stuff guys

either one outing the other

as far as we know he was not into drugs

but yes killing back then

an outing might be a motive

i really wish we could get real academic performance

after first year of grad school if there were problems you could get kicked out he was in his second year so IMO his performance could not be that dismal

just mo

Last edited:
Quote snipped by me for brevity:
If folks knew how many married men with children I have met in the bars and bathhouses pre aids they would be blown away

religion often results in (especially two decades a go ) marrying manufacturing children to cover over their truths

a lot....................................

they loved their wives and children but were living a lie obviously the ones I met (and) had come to terms at some level that they were gay in that they were in baths and gay bars

Fascinating... I have never heard of these bath houses. But I was thinking the same , that being married and having a family does not mean someone is heterosexual. The only reason it could be of significance is if it affected his relationship with Brian and may have led to jealousy issues and possibly foul play.

I have a question, who was it that stated Brian hadn't spoken to Clint in at least a month or longer before that night ? Did that come from the PI's interview? Did he say why they hadn't spoken in that length of time ? I don't recall. TIA
I also am curious as to why Brian went out with him that night if they weren't very good friends, rather than celebrate the beginning of spring break with people he was better friends with? Now I'm really wondering about everything on that particular night. jmo

UGH

the clint gay i had never heard of

anyone know if either clint or brian came from religious stuff ??

that opens up a lot of stuff guys

either one outing the other

as far as we know he was not into drugs

but yes killing back then

an outing might be a motive

i really wish we could get real academic performance

after first year of grad school if there were problems you could get kicked out he was in his second year so IMO his performance could not be that dismal

just mo

I've read it on other forums, that it was well known to the locals. Pearl Jam and reddit both, IIRC. Still, I believe it has to be taken as rumor.

But agree if true it could provide a motive.

Last edited:
For the love of god that’s more info that I ever needed lmao and who would have thought that Barry Manilow and Wayland Flowers are gay. Lol So you won’t get any argument for me on the gay thing. Clint may be gay but try as I might I haven’t been able to verify it but i am curious as to why someone would say this in the first place.

Fascinating... I have never heard of these bath houses. But I was thinking the same , that being married and having a family does not mean someone is heterosexual. The only reason it could be of significance is if it affected his relationship with Brian and may have led to jealousy issues and possibly foul play.

I have a question, who was it that stated Brian hadn't spoken to Clint in at least a month or longer before that night ? Did that come from the PI's interview? Did he say why they hadn't spoken in that length of time ? I don't recall. TIA
I also am curious as to why Brian went out with him that night if they weren't very good friends, rather than celebrate the beginning of spring break with people he was better friends with? Now I'm really wondering about everything on that particular night. jmo

It’s was Don Corbett who saw the phone records. I’d heard that one reason they not had talked in a while was Clint was flirting a little too hard with Alexis once at a party. Sounds like Clint needed a good fist to the face on more than one occasion.

me too the clint gay comment made my head spin

and today is the first time I heard about the possibility of Clint can spin a whole new deal

For the love of god that’s more info that I ever needed
lmao and who would have thought that Barry Manilow and Wayland Flowers are gay. Lol So you won’t get any argument for me on the gay thing. Clint may be gay but try as I might I haven’t been able to verify it but i am curious as to why someone would say this in the first place.

just the way you wrote it that is funny!!!

It’s was Don Corbett who saw the phone records. I’d heard that one reason they not had talked in a while was Clint was flirting a little too hard with Alexis once at a party. Sounds like Clint needed a good fist to the face on more than one occasion.

what does that mean!

just the way you wrote it that is funny!!!

I know, I was rflmao for like three minutes!!! Embufum has a sense of humor, reminds me of my husband. My husband can be funny but he’s not trying, IYKWIM. :).

ETA: BTW, that’s a compliment, embufum!

And BTW, Cariis, you make me laugh too! (Hug)

Last edited:
I know, I was rflmao for like three minutes!!! Embufum has a sense of humor, reminds me of my husband. My husband can be funny but he’s not trying, IYKWIM. :).

ETA: BTW, that’s a compliment, embufum!

And BTW, Cariis, you make me laugh too! (Hug)

I knew it was thanks . :) Been singing copacabana in my head all day. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member