Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest living in Riverside Ohio, I support our local police and fire by voting on all their bond levy issues, part of our neighborhood watch program and even donated to TES,
So supporting these groups me as a citizen or donor expect to be informed on progress of what my money and many others have given, so when TES finished last weekends search , please inform the public one way or the other in some statement, don’t do your business like it’s a CIA top secret mission, or with the police I follow police reports closely to ensure I can keep my family safe, so I expect if a crime is committed in my neighborhood , I think the public needs to know the type of crime and who did it , male, female, white, black purple , space alien from mars, so yes the community is entitled to be updated , it doesn’t mean jeopardize a case but giving the public info is a two way street they are always pleading for our help, just go to Riverside PD Facebook page

So to solve crimes, info sharing is a two way street, lack of info sharing may work in NYC, but in Riverside where you can drive in and out of its city borders in 3 miles is different

If I remember the neighborhood that week I think LE was there for one full day at the house, but what bothers me in the early days I think the police were assuming due to there open marriage issue that she either left or her disappearance occurred outside the home,
I hope they did look in thoses areas,

After the TES searches both weekends came up empty, #1 suspect I think is realing a win and I bet feels like he won, I am going to continue to say it, I don’t know how the daughter and family members even stand being around him, the house, the dinner table, and how can he see the looks on their faces everyday and basically give them the middle finger

I am baffled that the police haven’t arrested him by now, since TES came up empty, what other hand could LE play, unless Cheryl’s body is parachuted into their parking lot, I worry that the TES was a bluff, to draw him out and it failed

You don’t have any way of knowing whether or not the police believed WS’s claim of an open marriage-and assuming that people who are not or have never been in law enforcement might know how to do the job better than the police is...well, let’s say not accurate.

Go back to the beginning and read the news articles, up to the big word used “kidnapping”, so yes in the beginning days they were all over the map
And I have done my research, when they searched the home, there was no hurry to release it back to the family, William gave a affidavit in the beginning, he should have been brought to the station for a formal statement
So I am and will stick to my opinions on how this all started, i believe if different we would not have a #1 suspect walking around the area like a peacock

Go back to the beginning and read the news articles, up to the big word used “kidnapping”, so yes in the beginning days they were all over the map
And I have done my research, when they searched the home, there was no hurry to release it back to the family, William gave a affidavit in the beginning, he should have been brought to the station for a formal statement
So I am and will stick to my opinions on how this all started, i believe if different we would not have a #1 suspect walking around the area like a peacock

I read all of the posts

I think they did a thorough search once they had probable cause to believe a felony kidnapping may have taken place. Without that probable cause, the judge wouldn't have approved the search warrant. In the beginning they had no way of knowing if Cheryl was kidnapped or murdered. According to what they listed in the search warrant, it's pretty clear they were investigating a possible murder IMO.

Missing Riverside woman case: New evidence in Cheryl Coker probe

Investigators sought a lengthy list of items from the Coker residence, the warrant shows, including furniture covers, body fluids, computers, cell phones, weapons, tools and other items “used to conceal or dispose of a body,” and “any and all materials, electrical stimuli, chemicals, topicals, indigestible or inhalants that could render a human unresponsive or unconscious.”

I am pretty sure that from day one Mr Coker was a suspect and probably number one. I am pretty sure that as long as he is walking the streets LE is going to keep the investigation on the low low. So if say TE found a black hoodie that matches the one the suspect (William "Bill" M. Coker JR) was wearing in a certain area they wouldn't want the make that public. I believe if this was premeditated Cheryl may never be found. If it was heat of the moment it won't be too long before someone finds something. I still hope Mr Coker is telling the truth and Cheryl just ran off but not too likely.

I spoke with my sister who is a paralegal for a criminal lawyer firm in another state, I had her read the just the initial news articles pertaining this case, and she was surprised on how slow this case started and the different directions
She stated in her state the home would have been sealed and her law firm if representing a suspect would have made countless motions to get unsealed, but would have been a tough road until they could find the victim
The idea of naming him number one suspect is bothersome and dangerous, she stated that normally occurs at point of arrest
She feels without a body it will be a hard case for the state and really easy for defense,
That video released is vague she stated

I spoke with my sister who is a paralegal for a criminal lawyer firm in another state, I had her read the just the initial news articles pertaining this case, and she was surprised on how slow this case started and the different directions
She stated in her state the home would have been sealed and her law firm if representing a suspect would have made countless motions to get unsealed, but would have been a tough road until they could find the victim
The idea of naming him number one suspect is bothersome and dangerous, she stated that normally occurs at point of arrest
She feels without a body it will be a hard case for the state and really easy for defense,
That video released is vague she stated, and that a good defense attorney could get that tossed, so in her experience the state has a very hard case, without body

Can post #127 be deleted, I am not sure why my post duplicated with the exception in #128 my last paragraph was complete....confused, but not the first time.....

After rereading our postings for what it seems like a 1000 times, I personally think at this point in the case , where TES comes up empty, the police have some evidence but we’re betting on her bodies discovery,

They should arrest him and start the legal process, I would rather see the legal system try to cut a deal for exchange on the whereabouts of Cheryl,
Then allowing number one suspect live a carefree life on the outside .
I think some prison time is better than none, I just don’t want this to be the suspect takes all knowledge of where the body is to the grave with him, when he’s old and grey.

And I still cannot believe at this point in the game the girlfriend is still with him, I thought she would have pulled her head out and broke away

And when and if the suspect is ever arrested, I hope the police take a good look at the GF s role in this, I do not believe she’s squeaky clean

After rereading our postings for what it seems like a 1000 times, I personally think at this point in the case , where TES comes up empty, the police have some evidence but we’re betting on her bodies discovery,

They should arrest him and start the legal process, I would rather see the legal system try to cut a deal for exchange on the whereabouts of Cheryl,
Then allowing number one suspect live a carefree life on the outside .
I think some prison time is better than none, I just don’t want this to be the suspect takes all knowledge of where the body is to the grave with him, when he’s old and grey.

And I still cannot believe at this point in the game the girlfriend is still with him, I thought she would have pulled her head out and broke away

And when and if the suspect is ever arrested, I hope the police take a good look at the GF s role in this, I do not believe she’s squeaky clean

I agree with you 100%. I am a neighbor of the Cokers (one of those who spoke with RPD detectives on 10/4), and I am amazed they announced Bill as their "one and only suspect" in Cheryl's now homicide investigation, and a month later....that is still where we stand. I get the feeling they are waiting on slam-dunk info perhaps via TES, but I just don't know if that info is forthcoming. There are sooo many truly rural areas only a 30-40 minute drive from Riverside, I don't know how on earth they could realistically know where to start looking. Bill is an intelligent man, he is not going to dispose of evidence where someone might spot him in the act (one of the Metro Parks close to Christy Ave), or at a campground his family used to frequent, old teen days hangout spots, etc. I hope TES finds something, of course, I just think if Bill had any time at all to consider his options that day, the evidence is going to be very hard to find.

Meanwhile normal life does go on, and the GF is still very much in the picture. Hard to guess what exactly she knows, though. Could Bill concoct a convincing enough alternative theory that does not even 'ping' with her as suspicious? Perhaps. Especially if she is emotionally involved ('love is blind' (and deaf and dunb), and all that). Or, maybe she knows more than she has let on. There is speculation that some of the info she provided to police, that was later included in the search warrant affidavit, is not truthful, but nothing that can be proven at this point to be more than gossip.

Let’s hope,
I still believe he disposed of her outside the area, does anyone know on a wild hunch did the suspect ever go hunting or target shooting in Scioto, ?

Let’s hope,
I still believe he disposed of her outside the area, does anyone know on a wild hunch did the suspect ever go hunting or target shooting in Scioto, ?

I've not seen mention of the Cokers spending time in that area. A problem with this Wheelersburg finding is that it is approximately a 4 hour round trip from Riverside. If it would turn out to be Cheryl (which I'm doubting at this point) it would almost necessitate he had help of some sort if it all went down on 10/2. Cheryl's last known activity online was around 7:45 AM, suspect caught on school cameras at 11:10 AM, Bill picks his daughter up from school that day I believe it is stated at 2:40 PM. Just not enough time unless he either had help, or dumped remains at a later time. I think police took initial missing person statements around midnight Tuesday, but at that time Bill would not have been required to be back at work until early afternoon Wednesday (he was working only one job at this point). So....its possible the movement just didn't happen until 10/3? Unless there are verified sightings of him that day I am forgetting about. But it was not until the evening of 10/3, when they located her car, that it became a more serious issue for LE (even if they did not state as much at the time).

Did any of us think of the option that number one suspect killed Cheryl on 2 oct, cleaned up scene and disposed of body nearby, then let’s say a few days later when he has more time on his hands he relocates the body to a more permanent spot, I seriously believe he took Cheryl to a Kentucky, what a better place to lose someone the Blue Mountains, and remember Bill has family in Kentucky.

And my feelings about the girlfriend about what was stated love is blind,deaf, and blind, in this case we forgot to ad stupid, I certainly hope the day he’s arrested that she is also, can someone explain to me how someone like the GF knowing the police labeled him number one suspect, go to Florida when he’s still married with his daughter, live in Cheryl’s home around Cheryl’s stuff, can someone tell me what type of sicko does this

I still think the family should have got a restraining order preventing the GF from entering Cheryl’s home while this is a active case.

It's odd that they sent the remains found in Wheelersburg to the Montgomery County Coroner's office some 140 miles away. You would think Cincinnati would be a better option since it is much closer.

Cainoh, I have a question , if you can answer, since you are a direct neighbor of the Cokers, when the police first responded , was William taken to the police station to give his official afadavit,.?

And your opinion in the beginning , did the police take her disappearance seriously or were on the mindset that she left on her own, then shortly after I remember reading about the use of the word kidnapping, or did you get the feeling they suspected William from the first day

And I do agree with your statement that William won’t use some of the parks around here, ( I live about a 1.3 miles from Cheryl’s home, I live right next to Airway Rd, the museum is in my front window), I originally thought he would have put her in the Huffman Dam, but as time went on and finding out about his family in a Kentucky that’s where I think she is, ( but he also had logistical help, I believe he had help....)

It's odd that they sent the remains found in Wheelersburg to the Montgomery County Coroner's office some 140 miles away. You would think Cincinnati would be a better option since it is much closer.
Not odd there. Montgomery county has the contract for autopsies from that county. In fact they do a very large portion of all of Ohio’s autopsies. The counties without the means to do an autopsy use funds to pay Montgomery county for autopsy services. Hamilton county (Cincy) usually doesn’t take on much extra work outside their own jurisdiction.

Not odd there. Montgomery county has the contract for autopsies from that county. In fact they do a very large portion of all of Ohio’s autopsies. The counties without the means to do an autopsy use funds to pay Montgomery county for autopsy services. Hamilton county (Cincy) usually doesn’t take on much extra work outside their own jurisdiction.
I did not know that. I knew that they did some of the smaller surrounding counties. No wonder it takes them so long to do a autopsy all the ODs and other counties.

That is very interesting facts about the county.

And as per LE, I know they have a hard job, but in this case they bet money that TES would have turned up a body or some evidence to move this case foreword, they lost....

So I don’t see the suspect getting arrested any time soon , he outsmarted them, plus they probably won’t arrest him on a weekend, god forbid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper