GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is someone going to monitor his every online move and visitor to the residence?

Margarita, I'm with you. I don't understand house arrest for this guy. He allegedly murdered two innocent people while at home. Unbelievable that this would even be considered.

Okay, I'm speechless. This guy gets house arrest?! After what he did to Deanna (and Lord only knows how many others....)?! Do alleged murderers normally get house arrest while they wait for their trial? Why does he get to stay in the comfort of his own home when Deanna's two beautiful children have to be without a mother because of him? Ugh. Maybe I'm just naive and this happens all the time... fellow websleuthers, does this happen a lot? Are there other alleged murderers who get house arrest instead of a jail cell?!

I just... ugh. :banghead:

The house arrest thing is ridiculous. His bond should have been much much higher IMO.

This doesn't happen often---also is very concerning because there are ways toget fake Passports to go to Pakistan----would depend upon any Family ties that he has there.Our relations with Pakistan aren't good--so if he would flee to there--it may be hard to get him back....IMO...think then judge made a boo-boo!!!

I don't understand this bail being that low either. He is accused of very serious crimes against the victim. He is accused of inviting young women, including his victim, into his home. So how does it make sense for him to sit under HOME arrest? Did they take his internet away? And of course he is from Pakistan, so are they watching that he doesn't go back to Pakistan?

This is crazy. I am happy they found this guy and charged him. But seriously. House arrest?! He killed a woman and fully developed baby.

Hold on fellow sleuths, don't get upset about the bail. Although I highly suspect he's guilty he has a right to a fair trial and he has not been proven guilty yet. A bond company has posted his bail. Now if he disappears they are out $1 million. Do you really think they want to lose that? Hell no, so I'm sure they will have their people watching every move he makes and he has a GPS unit attached to him.

Thank G they found him, but is there anything new with this case? God bless her and her baby. What a shame!

Hold on fellow sleuths, don't get upset about the bail. Although I highly suspect he's guilty he has a right to a fair trial and he has not been proven guilty yet. A bond company has posted his bail. Now if he disappears they are out $1 million. Do you really think they want to lose that? Hell no, so I'm sure they will have their people watching every move he makes and he has a GPS unit attached to him.

What is upsetting -to me- is that, were he not a wealthy physician, he would be in jail right now. Justice is unfair.

Looking forward to this trial. Deanna, may you RIP.

Prosecutor says they don't believe this is an isolated incident. Not good that he was released on bail.

I hope they have pulled his computers so he at least can't make online contacts.

Prosecutor says they don't believe this is an isolated incident. Not good that he was released on bail.

I hope they have pulled his computers so he at least can't make online contacts.

So they believe he has done what before? Giving drugs to women? Rape? Murder? :(

The bail should have been at least 2 million. He killed 2 human beings. House arrest? What a joke and so totally unfair. Makes me so angry!

MOO

We don't always have super high bail here in the Columbus metro area. For example, in a Circleville case where a woman was beaten to death during a small riot over a tip to police, two men are being held for only $500,000. I've seen $500,000 or $1 million often for murder cases. I can't think of any case off the top of my head from the last two years where I've seen higher.

So they believe he has done what before? Giving drugs to women? Rape? Murder? :(

There had been multiple 911 calls (all made by different women over a course of several months) who showed up at his house to respond to a Craig's list ad. They all felt threatened and/or creeped out and wanted to report him.

The guy is clearly a predator. I only hope that Deanna and Mabel were his first and last victims.

There had been multiple 911 calls (all made by different women over a course of several months) who showed up at his house to respond to a Craig's list ad. They all felt threatened and/or creeped out and wanted to report him.

The guy is clearly a predator. I only hope that Deanna and Mabel were his first and last victims.

Oh man... I am almost certain he has at least raped drugged victims before. Almost certain. If I am right, I pray these gals will come forward.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefly64
Back