GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole snitching mentality is BS anyway ! I understand not snitching if you see your neighbors smoking a doobie in their back yard. Ok I get that! But when a baby is G O N E , snitching is immediately transformed into helping a baby and potentially saving her life. Protecting 'good' people from legal trouble because they made a mistake or got too drunk or x y or z is fine but not when a child's life is in danger. Minding your own business is one thing but protecting a child is everyone's business. If you're beating your child and I see it it's now MY BUSINESS.

I don't agree with it either, but that just seems to be the way it goes. I lived in a neighborhood ike that in Toledo. My dad tried doing something about the drug dealers across the street who had kids and were selling to kids. The neighbor threatened to stab my dad one night for being a "snitch" and started walking towards him, my bf at the time intervened, a fight happened, then an even bigger fight because of the fight, a woman spit on my mom and kicked her right in front of a cop and nothing was done, then a beer bottle was thrown thru a glass door my dad was standing in front of cause glass shards break skin and minor puncture wounds, cops still didn't attest the girl even tho they were right there. Later.on in the night while my dad was at the hospital the house was gunned down while my kids were in it, I just so happen to be looking out the window and saw my other neighbor running away from the house. The police wouldn't even come to the house for that, they drove around the block and called us telling us everything was ok. Called the cops the next day to see if they were going to investigate, they came to the house but didn't even make a report. Called again, they made a report buy nothing else. We finally removed the bullets from the ceiling and walls ourselves, a few days later a detective finally comes to the house but we already threw away.evidence assuming nothing was going to be done. I did tell the detective about the neighbor I saw running away from the house at the time. Which I caught flack for in the neighborhood after the detective went to talk to him. And then not too long after that my bf at the time gets arrested on a warrant for felonious assault because he had unknowingly broke the guys nose in the initial fight that started all of this.

Sorry for the long story, just giving you an idea of what can happen for being a snitch, even me telling on the guy who put bullets into the house my babies were sleeping in. Also to give you some insight as to how TPD conducts business sometimes.

And one time I told another cop in conversation about this, he interrupted me at the part about the cops not even coming to the door and just driving around the block and calling us to say "Well why should they? So they can get shot too?"

Jane Velez-Mitchell is about to begin on HLN - heads up!

It was discussed that Mary Schiewe stated that AS told her (before Elaina disappeared) that the baby's nose was broken (which is why it had blood around it).

I am not sure how she knows it was broken, but that is what Angela told Mary.

This is all I overheard.

I don't agree with it either, but that just seems to be the way it goes. I lived in a neighborhood ike that in Toledo. My dad tried doing something about the drug dealers across the street who had kids and were selling to kids. The neighbor threatened to stab my dad one night for being a "snitch" and started walking towards him, my bf at the time intervened, a fight happened, then an even bigger fight because of the fight, a woman spit on my mom and kicked her right in front of a cop and nothing was done, then a beer bottle was thrown thru a glass door my dad was standing in front of cause glass shards break skin and minor puncture wounds, cops still didn't attest the girl even tho they were right there. Later.on in the night while my dad was at the hospital the house was gunned down while my kids were in it, I just so happen to be looking out the window and saw my other neighbor running away from the house. The police wouldn't even come to the house for that, they drove around the block and called us telling us everything was ok. Called the cops the next day to see if they were going to investigate, they came to the house but didn't even make a report. Called again, they made a report buy nothing else. We finally removed the bullets from the ceiling and walls ourselves, a few days later a detective finally comes to the house but we already threw away.evidence assuming nothing was going to be done. I did tell the detective about the neighbor I saw running away from the house at the time. Which I caught flack for in the neighborhood after the detective went to talk to him. And then not too long after that my bf at the time gets arrested on a warrant for felonious assault because he had unknowingly broke the guys nose in the initial fight that started all of this.

Sorry for the long story, just giving you an idea of what can happen for being a snitch, even me telling on the guy who put bullets into the house my babies were sleeping in. Also to give you some insight as to how TPD conducts business sometimes.

And one time I told another cop in conversation about this, he interrupted me at the part about the cops not even coming to the door and just driving around the block and calling us to say "Well why should they? So they can get shot too?"

Unbelievable... this is why crime continues to increase at the rate it does!!!

Tonight I'll talk exclusively to the baby's aunt, plus the baby's grandfather.. (missed a couple of things)

Good evening, I'm JVM (clips being shown with random voice overs about the injuries and past abuse) -

What happened to little Elaina? Her mom, this woman, Angela, says she put her down for an afternoon nap. And we have a first look at the inside of the home (pics like the ones I posted earlier).

This mystery started when (timeline explanation given)...

Last night Frank said THIS on HLN's NG -
the baby had a black eye, blood in the nose, and a bump on the head.. I asked her why didn'g you call an ambulance, call the police... (etc rest of this quote)

straight out to Mary Schiewe, half sister to Angela, the mother who is in jail right now - thank you for speaking out honestly despite the awkwardness of this situation because you want whats' best for your little niece - what do you make of her having these injuries then going out to the store to go shopping? (paraphrasing)

All I know is that she said that she woke up and she had these injuries and that they did go out to the store on Sunday, is what I understand (paraphrasing).

(clip of NG asking TJ what he did when he saw the bruises in the past, he says he called child protective services, they didnt' call back.. the week before she went missinig angela gave the girls to him because she was getting thrown out of SK Jr's house, she told him they were fighting because of the way HE [SK] was treating the children)

We have reached out to Steven King haven't gotten a call back want to point out he is NOT a POI in this case, but we would cerainly like to speak to him anytime.

Mary you've spoken of some problems he used to have, something about substances?

Yeah my sister told me before he had a problem with pills, I've never been around them or seen them or anything but I do'nt see why she would lie.

The medication he was taking is a medication you're taking when they're trying to wean you off the drugs.

so, if your'e taking medicine to help wean you OFF Drugs, then there WAS a drug problem, hypothetically speaking.. so do you think your sister had some kind of drug problem?

I think there was, I don't know about EVERYBODY in the home, I know my sister's main thing was to smoke pot, I'm not 100% sure if she had another drug problem but you know sometimes if one person is doing it another person is doing it so maybe there was some peer pressure, I don't know.

Terry Sr - you were there when she refused to hand Elaina over, and she ultimately said hte baby was missing, do YOu know anything about drugs - pot, drugs, pills -

all I know is heresay, I've been told he had a drug problem, but it's heresay to me as far as Angela goes I don't know

Mike Brooks, law analyst - LE said it's a red herring, said the mother has changed her story behind bars, what do you make of the family members talking about some toxic dynamics inside this home?

Mike - Yeah, I mean the question is, Should the children even have been inside the home in the first place? Would they have been better off with the father or another relative? I mean 6-8 people were inside that house when she disappeared and nobody knew anything about what happened to that baby? B. S.

JVM - well she says she was threatened, listen to this (playing clip of RS) -

now I have to remindn you that LE hearing that says A) the mother is changing her stories behind bars and B) they describe her pointing her finger at her BF, SK, as a "red herring".

Joe Lieberman, the portrait is changing..

Yes because LE is trying to figure out what of what she is saying is the truth and what is untrue, the child endangerement charges are just a holding charge a way to put her behind bars while we talk to otehr poeple put pressure on her find out what is true, what she's hiding... but I do know the first 48 hrs in a missing child case are the most important and the longer this goes on, the prospect looks dimmer, thats the heartbreaking part of this case, this mother KNOWS.

Celine, investigative unit, just got off the phone with Toledo police and they say they're still searching the river with fire boats, they do not have divers there today, they say they're not 100% sure she's in the river but they say that's the most likely scenario and may take some time for her body to come up, but LE says this is still their most important case, they're still actively searching for her.

(clip being played going to commercial)

It's so hard to hear that LE thinks the most likely scenario is that she's in the river :(

I'm glad baby Elaina is finally getting some national coverage. It seems a few more people are beginning to speak since Nancy Grace got involved. Like her or not, she brings awareness which is what is needed.

Bleach or vinegar can clean almost anything!

My parents grew up extremely poor but were never dirty!

You are so right! Bleach, vinegar and/or cheap dish liquid can do it all. Added with water a little elbow grease, and Voila!

That makes me wonder if they are even looking for Elaina if a camera isn't on them :(

(clips - want her home in one piece, other daughter going insane)

Now as you're looking at pics of this innocent beautiful child, the gentleman you see here is her paternal grandpa, and he went with the son to help him pick up Elaina, Terry Sr, grandpa of the missing child, what happened when you went back with your son, you say SK acted in a threatening manner?

I walked up to the porch asked SK's parents to see my daughter in law and SK came down off the porch yelling and screaming and said I'm not getting the baby and he'll fight me like he wants to fight my son.

JVM - she gave the four year old willingly, doesn't make sense to not give Elaina unless she was already missing at that point and they were stalling

She wasn't giving TJ the baby because he wouldn't bring her back and JK sent SK into the house because she told him I was there to talk to them like an adult and I wasn't there to argue, (telling the rest of the timeline as we know it, nothing new here)..

and that's when Angela and I got into an argument, she said she wasn't giving me the baby and I said I don't care what my son and her do but I want to see my granddaughter, so she went inside (rest of the timeline)...

She wasn't crying she just came out and said the baby's gone, she's not in the house anywhere, I can't find it.

We all ran into the house, we looked to see where she said the baby was supposed to have been, and then I went back out front and told her to call the police, her dad, sister, and anyone who knew what the baby looked like and she said FOR WHAT? and I said BECAUSE I want to find the baby!

(JVM's jaw dropped at that, she stopped him and made him repeat it and verify "am I hearing this right??")

Oh my God. He said "Call the police! Call your sister! Call everybody!". Angela said, "For what?"

My head's going to explode.

JVM asking guest Levi Page, BF says the baby will be fine then we find out she went shoppong at a family dollar store, connect the dots for us

Jane how many of these cases are we going to have to talk about where a child goes missing and turns out they were in an environment htey shouldn't have been in, she turns up with these injuries, the father of this child should've had custody of her, the mother should not have had her, when LE went into the home there was sewage all over, dog feces all over the floor, this was not an environment a child should have been in.

JVM - Terry let me ask you, you went inside that house to look for the baby, was the house dirty?

The house where the baby was sleeping had clothes all around the floor, bed, the living room didn't look too messy to me but I didn't pay too much attention to it,I mean I went in to look for that baby I looked for her and then went back out..

More clips, RS -
(commercial)

Levi hit the nail on the head when he said AS should not have had custody of the children.

Fred LeFebvre ‏@fredlefebvre 1m
Freducation~Nancy Grace tonight at 8, I'm first up, followed by TJ, Terry Sr., Mary Schiewe, and Richard Schiewe.... http://fb.me/GdJQKDO4

clips - just wish that someone would bring her home safely to us, if you don't want to give her name just bring her to a church or something, make an anon call, just bring her back to us (whoever that was, that was the first reasonable plea I've heard in all this time and it DIDN"T come from angela!)

JVM - I spoke ot a local police sgt last night and he wasn't buying any of it (playing clip where LE says if my child is injured threat or not I'd get her medical attn, this is a bit of a red herring going on with this whole "threatened" thing)

What does that tell you, Joe Lieberman?

Tells me LE doesn't believe a word she's saying when she's pointing fingers everywhere else when in fact she knows what happened to that precious little baby, you know we have that surveillance, I would lie kto see that enhanced so we can see the condition the baby was in then, she appears to be ok but did she have a black eye, bloody nose back then, doesn't appear so but I'd like it enhanced.

As you're looking at this video, the cousin felt the affectionate movements were exaggerated and theatrical and her claim was that to her it seemed the mom was aware the cameras were there and she was trying to act super affectionate and she knew her friend had this camera and she knew the child already had these injuries and maybe she was trying to make it look like she was extra loving to this child, but uh, wow, I have to go back to Mary Schiewe, Angela's half sister..

Yes?

She's not being truthful, LE says she's changing stories behind bars and I don't want to put you on the spot but you know her better than anyone, why do you think she would not be truthful, why would she tell Terry Sr "for what" when her child is missing?

I have no idea, if it was my child I'd have opened up right away threatened or not, I mean she had eleven days to say something and it wasn't until she was locked up, why didn't you say something right away is how I feel.

Does she have a tendency towards a lot of drama, whats the deal?

Its kind of like if there's nothing in it for her, if you aren't doing something for her, the other person is just the worst person in the world, that's how shes' always been.

JVM - hmm yeah that says a lot, so she was crying those tears for herself.. more on the other side, we're just getting started (commercial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member