GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Family Dollar stores in Toledo, OH.

Six stores close at 9:00 p.m. local time, the other four close at 10:00.

Cigarette run to Family Dollar after 11:00 p.m. to midnight?

Nope...

(clips) with me tonight baby's father, grandfather, and mother's father..

right now she's charged with child endangerment, said she woke up, looked over and the baby has black eye, blood around her nostrils, and bump on the head, we're taking your calls..

Bonnie wants to know why no amber alert (because it didn't fit the criteria, you have to have a vehicle involved)

Now hang on we have Mary Schiewe, mommy's sister, thank you for joining us.

hi.

Mary you've spoken to you sister, what did she tell you and look I'm not about putting her in jail, I want to bring the baby home, I want to find out who is responsible and I think your sister may have the answer or a part of the answer, what is she telling you?

I haven't spoke to her since before she was put in but she just told me Elaina had a black eye and a bloody nose and she believed that Steven hurt her.

Who is Steven, the BF?

Yes.

I want to point out he's not a suspect, and LE says he's cooperating.

Now, if she says Steven hurt the baby then why didn't mommy take the baby to the hospital Mary?

I asked her the same thing, her response to me was "I don't know". This was before she came out and said she knew what happened.

NG - what I'm hearing is she's saying she doensn't know what happened.

No, she's saying she knows Elaina was hurt and she knows who did it, she doesn't know where she's at.

You have told us your sister lied to us to your face about what happened. What was the lie?

You know the whole time we were out there looking for Elaina we were asking her if she had any ideas at all of where she could be, who hurt her, what happened, and she was telling us "no, I have idea what happened", but really this whole time she knew.

All the pictures and Elaina just smiles in a couple............unhappy baby???? hurt baby? ill?

Welcome back joining me for the first time is Mary Schiewe, all of us are coming together to try to find this baby, now Mary you're telling us your sister lied to you from the get go, what exactly does she say really happened?

Pretty much that Elaina was hurt and she was taken out of the BF's house but she doesn't know where she was at.

Was she strangled, dropped to the ground, what happened to her?

Um I heard she was dropped but.. if she had a broken nose and a black eye she wasn't just dropped.

(commercial)

Nope...

Nice sleuthing Truth ! Thank you very much !

I thought it was SK, not JK, who saw Elaina around noon when she was changed, given a cup, and put down for a nap?

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

As per tonight's NG....So the neighbour saw AS and SK leaving the house in the maroon van around midnight on Saturday night and they were gone for about 20 minutes to a half hour. And RS is saying that JK claims she changed Elaina and gave her a bottle on Sunday just before she went down for her nap?

How on earth are LE supposed to get a handle on this.

And I can't believe that RS just whined about how AS is whining that she wants to come home and that RS says it's "not fair" that she's the only one in jail at the moment.

Not fair?!? How about it's not fair that AS won't tell LE just what happened Saturday night/Sunday morning to her baby daughter?

BBM so which is it JK did see or didn't see Elaina on Sunday? Earlier she stated she didn't see Elaina on Sunday at all.

(clips, pics of Elaina, voice overs)

(talking about injuries, river searches, "somebody has to break")

You're darn right about that, somebody does know something ,where is baby Elaina, we're live and taking you calls, back to Mary Angela's sister, Mary you told us that you confronted her and you got angry with her and said look, somebody is lying and she said something about I'm done talking, what was that?

I had talked to the detectives that day and they're pretty much telling me if you see or hear anything let us know, so I figured.. (garble).. talk and she doens't have to answer to nobody and she's answered enough questions.

Mary do you have children?

Yes.

How many?

One, four year old.

So you know what I'm talking about.. if I had to lay there on the police station on the front steps so they had to step over me to go into the front door I'd do that, to get them to find my baby, I woudln't be saying I've answered enough questions..

oh definitely if this would've been my kid I would've talked the first day threatened or not.

what do you know about the van, that went missing when baby elaina went missing

when i go the call to go to the bf's house the van wasn't there we looked all night until 3am there wasn o van and then steven comes home from questioning and the van appears.

and that was the night before she went missing that day?

yeah that was the night she went missing

(OH NO they're leaving this misunderstanding!!)

Mary who else in the family saw the baby that day, it was sunday when basically all hell broke loose when TJ came to get the baby, who else saw her alilve that day?

I'm not sure, my sister for sure she says she seen her, Steven was the one who was supposed to be checking on her when she was taking her nap, I'm guessing steven's mom and dad were both in the house, I haven't heard anyone else's name but its funny teh day she went missing there's nobody else in the house but every other day they're all in there.

Mary.. you mentioned she had a broken nose, did your sister tell you she had a broken nose?

Yes.

How did she know the baby's nose was broken, did it look broken

I'm guessing the way it was bleeding.. i mean.. for it to be bleeding as much as it was... it ... seemed to be broken?

(HA, so it was bleeding a lot was it? my own comments. but seriously wtf thats the first we heard of THAT)

Brett, what else do we know,

they're no longer diving into the river and as we look at the pics of the inside of the house they're deplorable conditions and it may explain why she ahd so many bumps and bruises sleeping on a mattress like that, she may have fallen down a lot but also an neighbor said she had been abusing them and (missed this)..

liz can I see those photos of the inside of the home? I think pigsty would be a good way to describe it terry

when i walked in to where she was supposed to be sleeping i said "she was supposed to be sleeping in this pigsty?" and i walked back out the door, that was how i described it too.

the front room didnt' look bad, i asked where she was supposed to be, she said, there were clothes stacked on teh floor all the way around the bed, you had to step on clothes to get to the bed, and i said you had the baby sleeping in there, that's a pigsty and we went back out front

what did she stay

i looked at her and said call the police, your dad, sister anyone else who knows what the baby looks like and she said why and i said i want to find the baby and she went and sat down and said i don't know what to do and i grabebd my phone and called 911 and so did my son.

ok i'm going out to her dad richard schiewe, no evidence that she has abused her kids in the past, so what do you make of what you're hearing tonight

it's all hearsay, when i got there when TJ called me they're all sitting on the steps all nonchalantly, I wanted to kick steven's dad's butt I wanted to know where she was at everybody was just sitting on the steps.. that's a bunch of BS, that's just bBS, that's the first time I've heard that.

I'm talking now about reports from your daughter the baby's nose was broken.. maybe you..

that came to me after....pardon me?

maybe you can get thru to your daughter to get thru to her to make her tell you where the baby is.

maybe if i could go somewhere private with her yes but they won't let me

(commercial)

I thought it was SK, not JK, who saw Elaina around noon when she was changed, given a cup, and put down for a nap?

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The original story was JK saying in raw video interview from Sunday, June 2nd, AS told her, JK, she was changing baby Elaina's diaper, laid her down with a cup for a nap. Is that changing now?

Nope...

Dope? If AS was "distressed" it was most likely to do with herself, not Elaina in my opinion anyway.

(clips, pics of Elaina, voice overs)

(talking about injuries, river searches, "somebody has to break")

You're darn right about that, somebody does know something ,where is baby Elaina, we're live and taking you calls, back to Mary Angela's sister, Mary you told us that you confronted her and you got angry with her and said look, somebody is lying and she said something about I'm done talking, what was that?

I had talked to the detectives that day and they're pretty much telling me if you see or hear anything let us know, so I figured.. (garble).. talk and she doens't have to answer to nobody and she's answered enough questions.

Mary do you have children?

Yes.

How many?

One, four year old.

So you know what I'm talking about.. if I had to lay there on the police station on the front steps so they had to step over me to go into the front door I'd do that, to get them to find my baby, I woudln't be saying I've answered enough questions..

oh definitely if this would've been my kid I would've talked the first day threatened or not.

what do you know about the van, that went missing when baby elaina went missing

when i go the call to go to the bf's house the van wasn't there we looked all night until 3am there wasn o van and then steven comes home from questioning and the van appears.

and that was the night before she went missing that day?

yeah that was the night she went missing

(OH NO they're leaving this misunderstanding!!)

Mary who else in the family saw the baby that day, it was sunday when basically all hell broke loose when TJ came to get the baby, who else saw her alilve that day?

I'm not sure, my sister for sure she says she seen her, Steven was the one who was supposed to be checking on her when she was taking her nap, I'm guessing steven's mom and dad were both in the house, I haven't heard anyone else's name but its funny teh day she went missing there's nobody else in the house but every other day they're all in there.

Mary.. you mentioned she had a broken nose, did your sister tell you she had a broken nose?

Yes.

How did she know the baby's nose was broken, did it look broken

I'm guessing the way it was bleeding.. i mean.. for it to be bleeding as much as it was... it ... seemed to be broken?

(HA, so it was bleeding a lot was it? my own comments. but seriously wtf thats the first we heard of THAT)

Brett, what else do we know,

they're no longer diving into the river and as we look at the pics of the inside of the house they're deplorable conditions and it may explain why she ahd so many bumps and bruises sleeping on a mattress like that, she may have fallen down a lot but also an neighbor said she had been abusing them and (missed this)..

liz can I see those photos of the inside of the home? I think pigsty would be a good way to describe it terry

when i walked in to where she was supposed to be sleeping i said "she was supposed to be sleeping in this pigsty?" and i walked back out the door, that was how i described it too.

the front room didnt' look bad, i asked where she was supposed to be, she said, there were clothes stacked on teh floor all the way around the bed, you had to step on clothes to get to the bed, and i said you had the baby sleeping in there, that's a pigsty and we went back out front

what did she stay

i looked at her and said call the police, your dad, sister anyone else who knows what the baby looks like and she said why and i said i want to find the baby and she went and sat down and said i don't know what to do and i grabebd my phone and called 911 and so did my son.

ok i'm going out to her dad richard schiewe, no evidence that she has abused her kids in the past, so what do you make of what you're hearing tonight

it's all hearsay, when i got there when TJ called me they're all sitting on the steps all nonchalantly, I wanted to kick steven's dad's butt I wanted to know where she was at everybody was just sitting on the steps.. that's a bunch of BS, that's just bBS, that's the first time I've heard that.

I'm talking now about reports from your daughter the baby's nose was broken.. maybe you..

that came to me after....pardon me?

maybe you can get thru to your daughter to get thru to her to make her tell you where the baby is.

maybe if i could go somewhere private with her yes but they won't let me

(commercial)

Does it sound as if Angela thought that TJ and TJ sr would just say ' oh ok, one less kid ' and go home without her and never think about it again? I mean, could that possibly be what she thought? " IT's " gone, so the show's over, nothing to see here folks, go on home? I'm beginning to wonder if that explains the no emotion, no urgency, no real desire to even report the missing baby to police . Ferret mommy if you have any idea the answer, I would love to know,, did Angela attempt to put off or stall anyone from calling 911 about Elaina missing on that Sunday? Did she seem annoyed that people were calling 911? moooo

Tonight I'll talk exclusively to the baby's aunt, plus the baby's grandfather.. (missed a couple of things)

Good evening, I'm JVM (clips being shown with random voice overs about the injuries and past abuse) -

What happened to little Elaina? Her mom, this woman, Angela, says she put her down for an afternoon nap. And we have a first look at the inside of the home (pics like the ones I posted earlier).

This mystery started when (timeline explanation given)...

Last night Frank said THIS on HLN's NG -
the baby had a black eye, blood in the nose, and a bump on the head.. I asked her why didn'g you call an ambulance, call the police... (etc rest of this quote)

straight out to Mary Schiewe, half sister to Angela, the mother who is in jail right now - thank you for speaking out honestly despite the awkwardness of this situation because you want whats' best for your little niece - what do you make of her having these injuries then going out to the store to go shopping? (paraphrasing)

All I know is that she said that she woke up and she had these injuries and that they did go out to the store on Sunday, is what I understand (paraphrasing).

(clip of NG asking TJ what he did when he saw the bruises in the past, he says he called child protective services, they didnt' call back.. the week before she went missinig angela gave the girls to him because she was getting thrown out of SK Jr's house, she told him they were fighting because of the way HE [SK] was treating the children)

We have reached out to Steven King haven't gotten a call back want to point out he is NOT a POI in this case, but we would cerainly like to speak to him anytime.

Mary you've spoken of some problems he used to have, something about substances?

Yeah my sister told me before he had a problem with pills, I've never been around them or seen them or anything but I do'nt see why she would lie.

The medication he was taking is a medication you're taking when they're trying to wean you off the drugs.

so, if your'e taking medicine to help wean you OFF Drugs, then there WAS a drug problem, hypothetically speaking.. so do you think your sister had some kind of drug problem?

I think there was, I don't know about EVERYBODY in the home, I know my sister's main thing was to smoke pot, I'm not 100% sure if she had another drug problem but you know sometimes if one person is doing it another person is doing it so maybe there was some peer pressure, I don't know.

Terry Sr - you were there when she refused to hand Elaina over, and she ultimately said hte baby was missing, do YOu know anything about drugs - pot, drugs, pills -

all I know is heresay, I've been told he had a drug problem, but it's heresay to me as far as Angela goes I don't know

Mike Brooks, law analyst - LE said it's a red herring, said the mother has changed her story behind bars, what do you make of the family members talking about some toxic dynamics inside this home?

Mike - Yeah, I mean the question is, Should the children even have been inside the home in the first place? Would they have been better off with the father or another relative? I mean 6-8 people were inside that house when she disappeared and nobody knew anything about what happened to that baby? B. S.

JVM - well she says she was threatened, listen to this (playing clip of RS) -

now I have to remindn you that LE hearing that says A) the mother is changing her stories behind bars and B) they describe her pointing her finger at her BF, SK, as a "red herring".

Joe Lieberman, the portrait is changing..

Yes because LE is trying to figure out what of what she is saying is the truth and what is untrue, the child endangerement charges are just a holding charge a way to put her behind bars while we talk to otehr poeple put pressure on her find out what is true, what she's hiding... but I do know the first 48 hrs in a missing child case are the most important and the longer this goes on, the prospect looks dimmer, thats the heartbreaking part of this case, this mother KNOWS.

Celine, investigative unit, just got off the phone with Toledo police and they say they're still searching the river with fire boats, they do not have divers there today, they say they're not 100% sure she's in the river but they say that's the most likely scenario and may take some time for her body to come up, but LE says this is still their most important case, they're still actively searching for her.

(clip being played going to commercial)

BBM, oh god. :cry:

Peter and ? joining us

Peter -best thing I can say in defense of her is lack of physical evidence, unless police find anything substantial she's probably going to avoid further charges, like finding a body or getting a witness, or gives a confession.

Eleanor - what I like to call the evolving story, the person tells one story that might have a nugget of truth in it and they add to the story when questioned, but none of the pieces fit so that's what I really look at is the story and how it evolves, there's probably a kernel of truth in her story somewhere.

dr maroney, what do you make of the injuries, broken nose, black eye, goose egg on the head.

when one child has all three injuries very dangerous, caused from blunt force trauma to the face, the nasal bone, and the skull.. these are not things that happen when people trip over toys or fall down, this triad is deadly and the fact it was ablack eye, it was fresh, something.. if if itwas an old injury and the child was functional its a faded color but a fresh black eye needs to go to the ER you need xrays, and to be seen by a doctor.

You know the dropping scenario seems to me, if you fall you have that blow, you get a goose egg from falling, you get a bump. But when you start getting multiple injuries that speaks fo something more than just falling because you're getting multi-directional injuries, does that make sense?

That's absolutely correct you dont' get this many things happen to a small baby's head, they're short when they fall down they don't have the weight to cause this kind of injury to themselves.

(other guest, a lady) This is terrible deplorable and it concerns me there's another child who knows this child is missing, children blame themselves, she may be thinking she's done something wrong and is terrified, those two children were being raised in this situation, and those injuries, there's no way she would have those unless she was being abused in some way.

This is a work in progress.

I still have to add info from yesterday's JVM and Nancy Grace, and then to work on the shows for today.

I've included some quick links for further research also.

Elaina Steinfurth Missing Timeline (Toledo, Ohio)
http://www.acandyrose.com/elaina_steinfurth_timeline.htm

I also added it at the bottom in my signature.

ACR

Also, this case is moving so fast with new information, as all of you know, and I haven't have time to update my front page with this new page on Elaina, so the link above is the only link available at this time, if anybody wants to pass the link on.

ACR

The original story was JK saying in raw video interview from Sunday, June 2nd, AS told her, JK, she was changing baby Elaina's diaper, laid her down with a cup for a nap. Is that changing now?

I think someone just misspoke tonight, honestly.

Thanks so very much for GGE here. I have a feeling that this case will go down quick. Hope so anyway, because we have to focus on other cases. Hopefully this baby is safe and will be brought home.

(commercial)

rsbm.

"Why"?! Omg. :thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads