GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one seems to be able to 'get on ' any important case regarding a missing baby when there is a high profile / utterly senseless trial going on that dominates every channel. How many children needed their face on the news during AS and this zimmerman trial and no one could take a one night break to show their faces and tell people they were missing. Let's write a petition to ID channel ? Asking them to make a missing kids show or at least show case some of them during their other programming, like a PSA or commercial or something !

"Let's write a petition to ID channel ?"

Change.org - I have signed several petitions on change.org which have had success in what they were seeking.

We used to have Americas Most Wanted to get the word out. Too bad we don't have a show like that anymore.

No one seems to be able to 'get on ' any important case regarding a missing baby when there is a high profile / utterly senseless trial going on that dominates every channel. How many children needed their face on the news during AS and this zimmerman trial and no one could take a one night break to show their faces and tell people they were missing. Let's write a petition to ID channel ? Asking them to make a missing kids show or at least show case some of them during their other programming, like a PSA or commercial or something !

It is so frustrating that NG, HLN, and CNN refuse to show anything but Zimmerman. It's a disgrace! A missing child is so much more important!

You have a great idea in a petition. Isn't there a website that does this, Change?

Well the thing is, it isn't about Zimmerman - it's about Trevon, someone else's child. When Casey Anthony's trial was going on didn't NG have the same coverage for that? Why is this is any different? I know it's frustrating, but I don't believe it is unusual that NG and the rest are covering this trial.

Well the thing is, it isn't about Zimmerman - it's about Trevon, someone else's child. When Casey Anthony's trial was going on didn't NG have the same coverage for that? Why is this is any different? I know it's frustrating, but I don't believe it is unusual that NG and the rest are covering this trial.

NG stayed on Caylee's case every day from July 2008 until probably December 2008 or January 2009. Then, back on the case everyday for 6+ weeks for the trial. I really don't remember seeing many posts complaining about how much coverage NG was giving one case/trial.

Plus, how would national coverage benefit this case? Is it just to put pressure on Elaina's mother or LE to solve the case?

ETA: Also, I don't really understand this whole sentiment that the Zimmerman trial is unimportant. It deals with issues like race, guns, stand your ground, the judicial system, etc .

I wonder if there would be enough audience for a second show dedicated just to missing kids. I think the problem is, like with any kind of media, that it is very hard to say why the public fixates on one case but not another. I think Casey Anthony, as well as photos of Caylee, were very telegenic/photogenic. Same with Jodi and Travis (well, the Jodi thing was really just full of so much sleaze the public couldn't get enough). Also the girl in Aruba. Unfortunately, most people don't watch out of desire for justice--they watch if the infotainment factor is high enough, and the show runners cannot predict that until they see the ratings. I'm sorry to be so cynical, but cable news isn't really about journalism anymore, it's about ratings and money.

I wonder if there would be enough audience for a second show dedicated just to missing kids. I think the problem is, like any kind of media, it is very hard to say why the public fixates on one case but not another. I think Casey Anthony, as well as photos of Caylee, were very telegenic/photogenic. Same with Jodi and Travis (well, the Jodi thing was really just full of so much sleaze the public couldn't get enough). Also the girl in Aruba. Unfortunately, most people don't watch out of desire for justice--they watch if the infotainment factor is high enough, and the show runners cannot predict that until they see the ratings. I'm sorry to be so cynical, but cable news isn't really about journalism anymore, it's about ratings and money.

I wish they would bring back Unsolved Mysteries. I think a show like that would get more viewers than simply a news program. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about one case dominating the program for weeks/months. It would also be able to focus on cases that don't have current developments.

NG stayed on Caylee's case every day from July 2008 until probably December 2008 or January 2009. Then, back on the case everyday for 6+ weeks for the trial. I really don't remember seeing many posts complaining about how much coverage NG was giving one case/trial.

Plus, how would national coverage benefit this case? Is it just to put pressure on Elaina's mother or LE to solve the case?

ETA: Also, I don't really understand this whole sentiment that the Zimmerman trial is unimportant. It deals with issues like race, guns, stand your ground, the judicial system, etc .

Lots of people complained about her non stop coverage of Caylee.
Juliette's was murder the same month and Nancy has still not covered her.

I think the "unimportant" part is the fact that there are MISSING people.
These stations could do 15 minutes on the trial... and 45 minutes to missing people.

It isn't that Trayvon/Caylee aren't important. It's that they aren't going to be helped by the coverage.
We have missing people, people who's murderers haven't been charged... that could benefit from coverage. :twocents:

Lots of people complained about her non stop coverage of Caylee.
Juliette's was murder the same month and Nancy has still not covered her.

I think the "unimportant" part is the fact that there are MISSING people.
These stations could do 15 minutes on the trial... and 45 minutes to missing people.

It isn't that Trayvon/Caylee aren't important. It's that they aren't going to be helped by the coverage.
We have missing people, people who's murderers haven't been charged... that could benefit from coverage. :twocents:
The highlights of a trial would be fine. But there's no benefit to anybody by having that trial on all day and then all night. It's not helping one single person. NG says she loves to make a difference. Well she's no longer doing that. When she did missing person cases, I tolerated her show to get updates and hoped her coverage would help. Nobody else does that on the talk shows. Now I no longer watch her and haven't for many months. She will never be a news broadcaster, so she needs to stop that and go back to doing what's helping.

Stuff going on at help find elainas fb...worth checking out perrhaps..

Now that the Zimmerman Trial has reached a verdict, maybe NG will go back to missing children.

Goodnight baby Elaina! Big Hugs

Im new so i dunno how much i can say but the story is weird. Hoping it's her.

Someone claims a woman with a baby who looked like Elaina came to his yard sale. Sounds like LE already said it wasn't Elaina, but rumor mill is blowing up.

Good night baby girl. Peace and strength to your family. Hang in there FM and your family. My heart is with you !

Someone claims a woman with a baby who looked like Elaina came to his yard sale. Sounds like LE already said it wasn't Elaina, but rumor mill is blowing up.

At least the public is aware of her missing and called the police about it. Even if it wasn't her, they did call.

Keeping her and the family in my prayers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee