GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I wonder did baby K see this ? Or did AS tell her this? I wonder if baby K heard sister cry and mom might have said " OH SK did that to baby sister'' , when in reality AS did it herself. I wonder if she is putting the blame on him for all of it. Because think about this......if what AS told her cellie were true, why is she still sitting in jail and he only got arrested today ? If AS is not the PRIMARY actor, why didn't she tell LE weeks ago what happened? I've kind of wondered all along if AS is the super bad one and SK is the idiot who helped her cover up.
If baby K saw this with her own eyes then of course that's a different story. I just wonder if she did . I mean if K saw SK dropping baby girl.
I'm happy for baby K today!

I think the main reason for AS getting arrested first is probably because the child was her responsibility. Think about it, regardless of who did what, she is still the mother who lied to cover up what happened to her very own child. Who does that? Unless you're a very sick individual.

I think you're right. Now that he's caught, he's going to talk . Maybe he thinks if AS is the one who harmed baby girl :(, then that makes HIM innocent. Like helping her afterwards was not a crime. Freaking !
IMO I think he was the one who hurt Elaina and she was the one covering up for him because she was there when it happened. I almost believe the story that was told from day one, that she had a black eye, bleeding and a knot on her head. Because otherwise if they aren't even together anymore, why on earth would he cover up for her and why would the rest of the family go along with it all?

I think the main reason for AS getting arrested first is probably because the child was her responsibility. Think about it, regardless of who did what, she is still the mother who lied to cover up what happened to her very own child. Who does that? Unless you're a very sick individual.

You are exactly right. They can charge her because of exactly what you said. But they have to have more evidence on someone else. This is why it took awhile for him to get arrested. But it also works in their favor because he has no idea what she has said to LE at this point.

I agree! And the fact that she went to a job orientation a day or two afterwords says it all .IMHO

I hope Elaina's family can rest with a tiny bit of peace tonight. I'm sure it's hard , but you're almost there. Hang on .

The little mugshot of Sk beneath the video on the news link says he's arrested for obstructing AND / OR ? giving false information? Along with a driving charge. But I wonder is obstructing justice a separate charge from giving false information? In the pic there are no commas or periods, so I cannot tell where one charge ends and the next begins. Giving false information doesn't sound like what innocent people do. Why would he lie to protect a girl he's BROKEN up with ? To LE no less?

The little mugshot of Sk beneath the video on the news link says he's arrested for obstructing AND / OR ? giving false information? Along with a driving charge. But I wonder is obstructing justice a separate charge from giving false information? In the pic there are no commas or periods, so I cannot tell where one charge ends and the next begins. Giving false information doesn't sound like what innocent people do. Why would he lie to protect a girl he's BROKEN up with ? To LE no less?

I think they're saying that he knows more than he said and while they've been investigating and asking questions he's been obstructing justice by not answering them truthfully and saying what he knows. IMO

BBM - sounds like he intends to talk and it's likely gonna be to throw Angela under the bus. About time!!

This is bad and I'm sorry but ... Throw her under a loaded bus and roll over her a few times. The boyfriend and his family, too.

This is not a threat; can't drive a bus nor am I licensed to do so.

Just so frustrated with the slow wheels of justice.
:scared:

What does it mean, that we'll find out when he's innocent?
When a reporter asked "Where's the baby Steven?", King replied "I don't know obviously. You guys will find out when I'm innocent."

Who knows but I took it as him saying when we find out he's proven innocent we'll know that he had nothing to do with Elaina's disappearance.

ETA: I do not think he's innocent in Elaina's disappearance

MOO

He would only lie if he was protecting himself. That's why I say he has just as much to do with it as AS did, if not more. As sick as AS seems, I still say in that video of her and Elaina she looks like she loved her. I mean why would she kiss her and rock her if she was just going to hurt her in whatever way. I understand people lash out and do things they regret, but I just don't think AS hurt her, she may have in other ways but I'm not so sure shes the one who physically hurt her or took her away. I could be wrong though. Nothing is surprising to me anymore with her.

I think I saw this quoted on here someplace else but this quote kinda gives me hope that the baby is still alive. Why would it still be a missing persons case if they believe she is dead. Although maybe it's because they have no physical evidence? I don't know but when he states they can't give info about her whereabouts it makes me think they may know where she is. Or at least they think they do. And he clearly states that he knows for a FACT that SK lied.
13 ABC updated their article to include:

"I can't get into any details of the baby's whereabouts right now, where we think the baby's whereabouts is. All I can tell you for a fact is that he was impeding our investigation," said Sgt. Joe Heffernan.

***Police say this is still considered a missing person case.***

The questions raised by SCHMAE really interested me.

"I wonder, is obstructing justice a separate charge from giving false information?"

I'm not a lawyer, so I did a little online checking.

On a very shallow level it seems that obstruction is not at all the same as, and is certainly not limited to, giving false information to authorities.

The term I looked at, obstruction of justice, in the USA refers more specifically to the crime of interfering with the work of a police investigation or of prosecutors or other officials.

In Canadian and English law, however, it is a common law offence which seems to be broader in its scope. To paraphrase my source, in Canadian law, obstruction of justice would describe the actions of any person who has knowingly attempted (or conspired, or intended) to thwart, corrupt, or prevent justice being served whether to one's self, or to another party. This would include such acts as intimidation or hiding evidence. (Side note: in Canada this crime carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.)

I wonder if lawyers would agree that this could mean that making a false statement to police would not necessarily rise to the level of obstruction, and so police needed to cover all bases by having separate charges. There seem to be many subtle ways in which a person could try to influence the course of an investigation in one's favour. IMO, LE has now accumulated enough kinds of evidence to build a solid case against SK as well as AS. Also, IMO, it hints that other charges could be forthcoming against SK, AS, and other adults present in the house at the time of Elaina's "disappearance".

It's a more distant possibility that when other people with knowledge about this case learn that these charges have been brought against SK, they will realize that the same charges could apply to them. This could push them to bring what they know to LE to forestall further action.

This is jmo, and should not be taken in any way as legal advice. I do find that the differences in meaning for the same term in different jurisdictions is fascinating and hope that someone with a background in law will clarify any errors I may have made.

Praying for you FM and family.
Elaina, we love you and want you to come home. One day closer sweetheart.

I'm hopeful this week brings good news.

What does it mean, that we'll find out when he's innocent?

Oh , maybe he meant " You will find out that i do not know when im found innocent'' Maybe his response was not ' you will find out where elaina is when i'm found innocent ' ? Who knows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member