GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It makes me feel like donating but i have no money. I hope others who have respond to the unusual persons comments by donating more.

I bet it does increase donations so maybe something positive will come out of the negative :)

I hope tj is spending every dime he has left and doesn't need for Elaina on k. She deserve's it, & anybody who doesn't think so obviously has no heart.

I hope tj is spending ever dime he has left and doesn't need for Elaina on k. She deserve's it, & anybody who doesn't think so obviously has no heart.

Yes. I was thinking how great it would be if there was enough to take K to Disneyworld ! And I hope with any money that TJ hires a lawyer to put himself in 100% control over K permanently so no weirdos can come out of the woodwork later and try to sue for visits or anything like that. She's been through enough. It's just mayhem.

Maybe RS, instead of trashing TJ and the Steinfurths, should get his own house in order. TJ didn't drop the ball on this one. TJ, from what I've seen, over here in England, has tried to be the best daddy he could be to K and Elaina. RS should be asking himself why the "daughter" he brought up now has a child that has turned up dead. Why she was living in the horrific environment with her two children. Why she allowed a man who had a drug problem around her children. What RS doesn't seem to get is the more he tries to ruin TJ and the Steinfurths, the more people will crowd around them in support. He should be ashamed of his actions.

Maybe RS, instead of trashing TJ and the Steinfurths, should get his own house in order. TJ didn't drop the ball on this one. TJ, from what I've seen, over here in England, has tried to be the best daddy he could be to K and Elaina. RS should be asking himself why the "daughter" he brought up now has a child that has turned up dead. Why she was living in the horrific environment with her two children. Why she allowed a man who had a drug problem around her children. What RS doesn't seem to get is the more he tries to ruin TJ and the Steinfurths, the more people will crowd around them in support. He should be ashamed of his actions.

BBM. Indeed, the main question I have at this time is why either side of the family allowed the children to live in such conditions. Until we know more, both sides are responsible for failing to provide the children with a healthy home environment. Millions of grandparents across America step in and make sure their grandkids are taken care of when their parents fail them.

JMO

BBM. Indeed, the main question I have at this time is why either side of the family allowed the children to live in such conditions. Until we know more, both sides are responsible for failing to provide the children with a healthy home environment. Millions of grandparents across America step in and make sure their grandkids are taken care of when their parents fail them.

JMO
First a rant. Feel free to ignore it.

Wow. A very smooth way to try to shift the blame for Elaina's mistreatment and death and the desecration of her little corpse from AS and SK to everyone else. Excellent way to muddy the waters!

Also, an interesting way to further injure people already torn apart by AS's actions. On what do you base your opinion that the grandparents didn't try to keep the children in a better environment? The fact that TJ and RS and, IIRC, TS Sr all told AS NOT to take the children to SK and JK's house while giving her options of places to stay speaks volumes. AS wasn't all alone and adrift with those children. IMO, she chose not to take advantage of the help she was offered. IIRC, the grandparents and other family members on both sides offered what they could to help the children.

You're attacking TJ, saying he failed to provide a healthy home. Are you absolving AS from providing for her children? Billions of hard working women around the globe not only look after their children, they find ways of providing for their health. They hold down jobs or they form co-operative or they swap baby-sitting with trusted friends and relatives. Billions of women do not sacrifice their children in order to spend time with drug addicts. Billions of women would put their children first. As he came to accept that the woman he had once loved had not only betrayed him but was hurting their children, he approached CPS for guidance. All of this is his fault in your opinion? AS has nothing to do with it?

And you close your post by accusing TJ of failing his children. In fact, your last statement implies that he should lose custody of his older daughter and that the grandparents should take her away from him. Please explain your position. TJ was working to support his children. If I understand the articles and posts I've read correctly, he was supplying a nurturing environment for his girls when he had custody of them. He was working to legally gain full custody of both girls. He was leading a productive life.

TJ wasn't the one who had custody of Elaina when she died. IMO, and, obviously that of LE, he didn't cause Elaina's death, or mislead anyone about her whereabouts. In fact, AS didn't accuse TJ of hurting Elaina. She accused SK. I'm sure we'll be hearing a different scenario from SK. And at this point, I don't know how or by whom the injuries that AS described to her neighbour really happened. However, it can be proven that AS did nothing to look after her baby once they had happened. The child endangerment charge, as far as I know, is still standing against AS. Not TJ. CPS considers TJ worthy of having custody of KS.

TJ didn't fail Elaina and he didn't fail KS. AS did. The grandparents didn't fail their grandchildren. AS failed her children. Both of them. She failed badly as a mother. She failed horribly as a human being.
End of rant.

If you believe that AS's involvement in the death of her baby, Elaina, has not been proven to your satisfaction, fair enough. If you feel that everyone else is responsible for AS making bad choices, ok. You have every right to your feelings, and it's good that someone like you is willing to be the devil's advocate. It's good to have someone saying that everything may not be as it seems or that there are other equally valid ways to interpret a set of facts. I just disagree with both your interpretation and the way you have presented it.

If I've mis-spoken about anything, I apologize. Could FM, or CC, or someone with more knowledge about this correct the errors in what I've said? Thanks.

We're one day closer to Justice for Elaina.

wendiesan, TJ let AS have the girls for the weekend with the promise that she would not take them to SK's. They were supposed to stay at RS's. RS and Angela's sister (MS) claim to have told her previously not to take the girls around SK. RS, MS and IIRC, Frank (of the porch video) all told AS she and the girls could stay with them. She chose to stay at SK's and told RS she was going there - I can't stop wondering why he didn't go get the girls?
One correction: The child endangerment charge was dropped when AS was charged with obstruction of justice. This was done because if Elaina was found deceased, and AS had been sentenced for child endangerment, other charges couldn't then be brought against her without double jeopardy.
The coroner hasn't yet provided a cause of death, saying it may take another week or two for definite results.
We'll see what happens in a couple hours when she goes before the judge. BTW, there was a news report late last night saying RS wants to ask the judge to allow AS to attend the funeral. IMO, that is a very bad idea. I think police presence would need to be pretty heavy to keep the peace and protect her; especially after the brawl when the box was removed from the garage. And no, contrary to reports from some people on other sites, TJ and TS arrived about the time police did and were not involved in the fight.

JMO

The children lived with TJ if I'm recalling correctly. He kept them with him and she got occasional visits and on this weekend TJ and his girlfriend had to work a late shift so AS had the girls. They did not live as in reside permanently in this filthy house where they were on this Sunday morning.

Wow. A very smooth way to try to shift the blame for Elaina's mistreatment and death and the desecration of her little corpse from AS and SK to everyone else. Excellent way to muddy the waters!

Also, an interesting way to further injure people already torn apart by AS's actions. On what do you base your opinion that the grandparents didn't try to keep the children in a better environment? The fact that TJ and RS and, IIRC, TS Sr all told AS NOT to take the children to SK and JK's house while giving her options of places to stay speaks volumes. AS wasn't all alone and adrift with those children. IMO, she chose not to take advantage of the help she was offered. IIRC, the grandparents and other family members on both sides offered what they could to help the children.

You're attacking TJ, saying he failed to provide a healthy home. Are you absolving AS from providing for her children? Billions of hard working women around the globe not only look after their children, they find ways of providing for their health. They hold down jobs or they form co-operative or they swap baby-sitting with trusted friends and relatives. Billions of women do not sacrifice their children in order to spend time with drug addicts. Billions of women would put their children first. As he came to accept that the woman he had once loved had not only betrayed him but was hurting their children, he approached CPS for guidance. All of this is his fault in your opinion? AS has nothing to do with it?

And you close your post by accusing TJ of failing his children. In fact, your last statement implies that he should lose custody of his older daughter and that the grandparents should take her away from him. Please explain your position. TJ was working to support his children. If I understand the articles and posts I've read correctly, he was supplying a nurturing environment for his girls when he had custody of them. He was working to legally gain full custody of both girls. He was leading a productive life.

TJ wasn't the one who had custody of Elaina when she died. IMO, and, obviously that of LE, he didn't cause Elaina's death, or mislead anyone about her whereabouts. In fact, AS didn't accuse TJ of hurting Elaina. She accused SK. I'm sure we'll be hearing a different scenario from SK. And at this point, I don't know how or by whom the injuries that AS described to her neighbour really happened. However, it can be proven that AS did nothing to look after her baby once they had happened. The child endangerment charge, as far as I know, is still standing against AS. Not TJ. CPS considers TJ worthy of having custody of KS.

TJ didn't fail Elaina and he didn't fail KS. AS did. The grandparents didn't fail their grandchildren. AS failed her children. Both of them. She failed badly as a mother. She failed horribly as a human being.
End of rant.

If you believe that AS's involvement in the death of her baby, Elaina, has not been proven to your satisfaction, fair enough. If you feel that everyone else is responsible for AS making bad choices, ok. You have every right to your feelings, and it's good that someone like you is willing to be the devil's advocate. It's good to have someone saying that everything may not be as it seems or that there are other equally valid ways to interpret a set of facts. I just disagree with both your interpretation and the way you have presented it.

If I've mis-spoken about anything, I apologize. Could FM, or CC, or someone with more knowledge about this correct the errors in what I've said? Thanks.

Super Rant ! I love it :)

Should Angela Steinfurth be allowed to attend Baby Elaina's funeral?
by Angi Gonzalez
Posted: 09.25.2013 at 12:04 AM

Updated: 09.25.2013 at 5:55 AM

Video link to news segment here
http://youtu.be/xaGMTXfh2cc

(snipped from news article)

WNWO reached out to both the Lucas County Prosecutor's Office and Angela Steinfurth's attorney for comment on Schiewe's planned request, neither has responded as of midnight on Wednesday morning.

Toledo Police were asked about the request and said while they did not think the proposal would be granted they had not heard specifically what was being requested by Mr. Schiewe.

BBM for emphasis
more @ story link here http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=950958#.UkLiylWzKpg

Cherubcollector stated upthread that allowing AS to attend a public service would be a bad idea (I'm paraphrasing). I am in complete agreement! The services should be focused on Baby Elaina, the surviving victims, and those who love her! It should NOT be turned into a media circus, and a security risk (at the cost of taxpayers) to protect the person accused to harming her, IMHO! :banghead:

Again, this post is extremely difficult to write, and I do so with all the love and empathy I can beam out to Ferretmommy and Cherubcollector! We WebSleuthers can't imagine how this is hurting you both, in addition to TJ, KS, and the rest of your amazing family!

Justice for Elaina!

Does anyone have a link to live feed of court and / or a reporter's twitter who's been following this case? TIA

wendiesan, TJ let AS have the girls for the weekend with the promise that she would not take them to SK's. They were supposed to stay at RS's. RS and Angela's sister (MS) claim to have told her previously not to take the girls around SK. RS, MS and IIRC, Frank (of the porch video) all told AS she and the girls could stay with them. She chose to stay at SK's and told RS she was going there - I can't stop wondering why he didn't go get the girls?
One correction: The child endangerment charge was dropped when AS was charged with obstruction of justice. This was done because if Elaina was found deceased, and AS had been sentenced for child endangerment, other charges couldn't then be brought against her without double jeopardy.
The coroner hasn't yet provided a cause of death, saying it may take another week or two for definite results.
We'll see what happens in a couple hours when she goes before the judge. BTW, there was a news report late last night saying RS wants to ask the judge to allow AS to attend the funeral. IMO, that is a very bad idea. I think police presence would need to be pretty heavy to keep the peace and protect her; especially after the brawl when the box was removed from the garage. And no, contrary to reports from some people on other sites, TJ and TS arrived about the time police did and were not involved in the fight.

I am wondering if AS attending is RS's idea......I do not think she should be given that right either JMO

If AS lied to TJ and said the kids would not be at SK's house then it's pretty clear A ) TJ knew that was no environment for his kids and they were not allowed to be there and B ) AS knew it was no place for his kids and that's why she lied to him rather than say " oh its cleaned up, he's off drugs, it'll be ok, i'm taking them there''. Why did she not say that ? Because she knew it was no place for children to be.
Folks like AS need sympathizers in order for them to function. I , unfortunately, have a family member very much like AS. Everything is a lie. Everything is someone else's fault. Nothing is her fault. Nothing she did caused problems. When you're dealing with a liar, you cannot be held responsible for their LIES. No one can.

"" I cannot get a job, someone stole my ID"
" It's not my drugs, it's someone else's"
" I didnt' know my court date was today"
" I didn't know he was using drugs again"
" I was just so depressed, I wanted to escape for awhile "
" He's turning my kids against me "
" I cannot get a job because I cannot pass a drug test"
" He told me it was his car "

See above ? I've heard all those stories a dozen different ways. Always the same, someone's on drugs, no one has a job, it's all the fault of others ! My family member still has sympathizers too,,but very very few remain ! I am not one. When I hear a story that doesn't sound true, I assume it's a lie.

This is a victim friendly forum and the victims in this case are a deceased baby and her family . The ones sitting in jail are no longer covered under the ' victim friendly' umbrella. The ones sitting in jail created the victims in this case. Is there a chance that AS did not harm her child at the end ? Yes and the courts and a jury will figure that out. Did she leave her child in harm's way ? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ! Of that, there is no doubt in my mind.

I'll go one further, I actually sympathize for AS. I do. I 'm sorry for her that she didn't make better choices. I'm sorry that she didn't value her babies and see what a blessing they are . I'm sorry that her mom's been MIA in her life and that probably caused her lots of grief and a screwy childhood. I'm sorry she chose to pacify a man rather than pacify her child. I am sorry she doesn't know how to make better choices. But that's not an excuse. A pedophile will say he ' cannot help himself'. Do we excuse that ? I'm sorry for a 20 yr old college kid who gets drunk, drives and kills someone and ruins his life along with the ones he took. I am very sympathetic to that, but it doesnt' mean he doesn't pay , does it? It means that it's a tragedy that he didn't realize before it was too late that his actions would have dire consequences. It's TOO LATE NOW ! AS is not 13 yrs old. She had a 4 yr old child too. She knows what a child can endure and cannot and what is right and what is wrong . It's TOO LATE NOW to wish you'd done the right thing and it matter . Her eternal fate is between her and God and I hope she truly is remorseful and can make it right with her maker but that is a separate issue from what she must face on earth for what she has done.
Already TJ had taken the lions' share of tending and caring for the girls away from her because she was not able to handle it . And in even just a couple of days a month, that someone would want to excuse her inability to parent for just 36 HOURS is .... beyond sympathetic really. It's enabling. Her bad behavior trickles down onto her kids' lives and that's where you have to draw the line. Go behave badly on your own time.

Thank you very much for the clarification--I'd forgotten that the child endangerment had been dropped for now. At least that charge for Elaina. I'm still wondering if it couldn't be brought regarding KS.

I so agree that AS at the funeral would be a bad idea. This should absolutely be a time for Elaina and everyone who loved her, not a stage for theatrics from RS and AS.

My thoughts are with you and FM this morning.

I am hoping someone can explain something to me. They dropped the child endangerment so that murder charges could be brought against her in the case that they found Elaina... according to info posted upthread. Double jeopardy and all that. Well, those are two different charges, right? How would that be double jeopardy?

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/double+jeopardy says:
The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides, "No person shall … be subject for the same offence [sic] to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb." This provision, known as the Double Jeopardy Clause, prohibits state and federal governments from prosecuting individuals for the same crime on more than one occasion, or imposing more than one punishment for a single offense.

So... for example, Willow's uncle is charged with three counts of first degree murder, how does that work? I mean, I understand why he was charged as he was, but I am just missing something... how is he not falling under this double jeopardy thing, but they can't charge AS with two different crimes relating to the mistreatment and murder of Elaina?

TIA for any help understanding this!

End of rant.

BBM. I base my opinion on the fact that the child is dead. I base my opinion on the fact that the mother has not been charged with murder. I've seen no links to support your speculation. The child's mother may very well be a battered woman. I'm not going to "pile on" and blame her at this point.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back