OH OH - James Dean WORLEY, known and possible victims, '80s-present

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Tacoma WA. birth location is sketchy to me. There is another JW from Toledo in his 20s born in Tacoma WA, I find that really odd. Not impossible, but rather odd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was wondering about this too. I couldn't find the birth record in Washington. Not that it's super relevant, but I found JW's 4th grade and 5th grade school pictures from Metamora, Ohio. The yearbooks on Ancestry are years 1971 and 1972 at Evergreen High School. Yearbook DOB's are approx but his is listed as 1955/1956 on those records. So then I was thinking maybe that wasn't him after all when I saw DOB as 1959 here. (I also thought it was odd that grade school pictures were in a HS yearbook, but I'm not local to that area). If those grade school pictures are JDW though that puts him in Ohio in 1971/72.

I was wondering about this too. I couldn't find the birth record in Washington. Not that it's super relevant, but I found JW's 4th grade and 5th grade school pictures from Metamora, Ohio. The yearbooks on Ancestry are years 1971 and 1972 at Evergreen High School. Yearbook DOB's are approx but his is listed as 1955/1956 on those records. So then I was thinking maybe that wasn't him after all when I saw DOB as 1959 here. (I also thought it was odd that grade school pictures were in a HS yearbook, but I'm not local to that area). If those grade school pictures are JDW though that puts him in Ohio in 1971/72.
I use Ancestry as well and found the same as you. From my research, I say it's an error. But I'm not the media so, my thoughts are as good as none. Lol

Your map is all over my Facebook news feed and people are sharing it. How'd it get to Facebook,do you know?

I don't know, but someone has probably taken the link from this thread. You don't need to be a member to read threads in this section of the forum, and copy a link.

The yearbook didn't throw me off as much bc I often see that on Ancestry bc those records are entered by a automated voice.

I use ancestry as well and found the same as you. From my research, I say it's an error. But I'm not the media so, my thoughts are as good as none. Lol

Well he is in public records as the birth date posted and they match up with his addresses but all I will say is that it's possible for public records to conflate your DOB with someoen else that lives at your same residence. It doesn't happen often, just throwing it out as a possible explanation. I'm guessing the smart sluethers here got his DOB from arrest records/court records, but I could be wrong. I was just wondering if we know for sure he was born in Tacoma, Washington.

I don't know, but someone has probably taken the link from this thread. You don't need to be a member to read threads in this section of the forum, and copy a link.
That is very true.

Your map is all over my Facebook news feed and people are sharing it. How'd it get to Facebook,do you know?
It's all over my fb too...it says it is a shared link but it doesn't say from where

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe someone credited this site as the source for finding the map. It's buried somewhere in the comments.
ETA - I'd screenshot or link but I believe that's against TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he is in public records as the birth date posted and they match up with his addresses but all I will say is that it's possible for public records to conflate your DOB with someoen else that lives at your same residence. It doesn't happen often, just throwing it out as a possible explanation. I'm guessing the smart sluethers here got his DOB from arrest records/court records, but I could be wrong. I was just wondering if we know for sure he was born in Tacoma, Washington.
That birth location came from the media. The DOB and address is an easy find. Birth location has not come up in my research on a very large database.

From some of the comments I was reading it sounded like people are thinking this is some kind of "official" document. Come on Facebook people I'm sure LE uses something a little more sophisticated than Google maps!

I believe someone credited this site as the source for finding the map. It's buried somewhere in the comments.
ETA - I'd screenshot or link but I believe that's against TOS.

There was nothing that showed where it came from on the ones I saw.

There was nothing that showed where it came from on the ones I saw.

I didn't see it earlier today but when I looked within past hour the comment was in the post with the most comments. The user said the map was found in WS.

I was curious about the sharing of this hard work. It appears to be a local. I can understand - but it would have been nice to see some context by the sharer.

I don't want to detract from the integrity of this thread so I'll leave it at that. I find the dedication impressive.

I believe there is a link in the earlier thread pages............I will try to find it.........if wrong I will surly change it. Thanks
No it did come from the media. But I'm not 100% sure it's accurate. I will keep digging.

From some of the comments I was reading it sounded like people are thinking this is some kind of "official" document. Come on Facebook people I'm sure LE uses something a little more sophisticated than Google maps!
Lol right!

I found this in Namus (unidentified). I think she should be added she was found Right around the corner from Vulcan Industries where JDW worked in the 80's. Vulcan Industries Quits As Military Contracts Dry Up Aug. 1 1986. - (google search) granted it was less than a year before.
Unidentified
Case number 745605
Date found June 16, 1987 13:22 Blonde female age 16-20
Address 1 3434 Collingwood Blvd.
Address 2
City Toledo
State Ohio
Zip code 43608
County Lucas
Circumstances
Body wrapped in a pink-colored cloth similar to a blanket, and dumped near I-75 in an alley near the corner of Collingwood and Emmett Streets. What do you think?

You know Reachingfornettles, I believe it may have been considered , but because it was a suspected overdose and she was lit on fire (after death thankfully) perhaps not. But I have been wondering because he "liked to burn things" and serial killers can be known for their love of arson. I just didn't want to go there yet because it is so horrific but it is so close to JDW's previous work address that maybe it should be added to map. Skibaboo what do you think?

I found this in Namus (unidentified). I think she should be added she was found Right around the corner from Vulcan Industries where JDW worked in the 80's. Vulcan Industries Quits As Military Contracts Dry Up Aug. 1 1986. - (google search) granted it was less than a year before.
Unidentified
Case number745605
Date foundJune 16, 1987 13:22 Blonde female age 16-20
Address 13434 Collingwood Blvd.
Address 2
CityToledo
StateOhio
Zip code43608
CountyLucas
Circumstances
Body wrapped in a pink-colored cloth similar to a blanket, and dumped near I-75 in an alley near the corner of Collingwood and Emmett Streets. What do you think?
I think it should be added!

You know Reachingfornettles, I believe it may have been considered , but because it was a suspected overdose and she was lit on fire (after death thankfully) perhaps not. But I have been wondering because he "liked to burn things" and serial killers can be known for their love of arson. I just didn't want to go there yet because it is so horrific but it is so close to JDW's previous work address that maybe it should be added to map. Skibaboo what do you think?
Oh, is that the girl on fire? Sorry.

Actually she was found over by !-75 so it's close but not around the corner, I believe. Still it is the general area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member