Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have plenty of shady redheads with beards in Columbus.

I never knew that the date was interviewed! I thought he stauyed underground. Would love to see it, anyone have a link! TIA

The police is secretive because either they know who was involved and can't say or they have no clue and aren't going to share any info with anyone including the family. The only way to get the evidence and information is by hiring a private investigator who will pressure the police to turn it all over. The police is not there to divulge any information to anyone.

and we know they have at least 18K for on e!

It is conceivable (if this is Joey) that he did walk from Union to this spot. He may not have done it all at one time non-stop. (Walk then stop walk then stop).

I also read fully clothed. If the are saying no obvious trauma they may be good. Because then the only reason I can come up with is they found something like dna whatever, that they think may lead to the perp, which is why they are holding off - till tomm - maybe they are working somehing on the perp!

I dont think the walking at 1230, when he had people inside he was with would work. I think whatever happend at the bar was the starting point for him stepping out. By that it mean whatever the motivation for stepping out would be beleiving it would only be for a short time (maybe hit off joint/ quickie/ maybe to make a phonecall which might explain the liar stuff) all activites that one would think would only take a short time and explain why he did not tell anyone he was leaving moo

I dont remeber who posted it - but would you go to 1:05 on this and see if that is who you thought was the date?

OH, in this peice was the dates feet(!) he said he would not be interview on camera -so they did know who he was!

Does anyone else remeber hearing that the date was interviewed etc - I never heard that.

1:05

http://www.10tv.com/content/section...2016/03/07/missing-man-search.xml&cmpid=share

Same link I have seen the pic on the right but never the one on the left at 1:19 they dont look blasted to me

Oh my, I never saw the texts in this either , I did not start follwing until the around the time Zach was found

The texts were intersting - if you have not read them - do so interesting

Mixed thought about them. The poster who pointed out that there is a suculture here, in a way they sound like somone pissed (passive / aggresive) and "hooty"

Humm? The case was handed off to the Columbus Police - another agency was handlingit the first 3 days same peice

and bohh depts overtly "refused" to speak to media ................

What is joeys brothers name , I thought the guy with the beird was his brother??

Joey's half-brother is Patrick Labute. He also has a beard; however, it is black.

Well...probably for a while. But they don't typically just let them go. If there is any possibility that a victim could ID the perpetrators or location, they probably dispose of them.

I do believe that trafficking is more convoluted than that.

What typically binds someone to their trafficker, or pimp, is that the pimp fulfills some need. Frequently the need is for drugs, but also simply food/shelter and protection (those who are internationally trafficked may be held by keeping their passport, or convincing them that they will be deported or worse should they leave or become known to LE). Many young women (and presumably men as well) who are trafficked not only believe that they have no other survival options, but they are frequently seduced to believe in a romantic connection with their captor.

I still fail to see how anything about this particular case suggests human trafficking.

Plus it's strange that the date continued texting him after he was found missing. Clearly some Me was trying to establish an alibi.

Or else the date actually had nothing to do with the disappearance and we are looking for somebody else entirely.

I still fail to see how anything about this particular case suggests human trafficking.

I believe it simply stems from the fact that the Arnold Classic was in town and events such as those are often magnets for trafficking. Exploring ALL avenues, as they say. shrug...

[video=twitter;715275967028203520]https://twitter.com/1870now/status/715275967028203520[/video]

Columbus police say the body recovered from the Scioto River Tuesday afternoon might be Joey LaBute, the 26-year-old man who went missing from the Union Café in the Short North on March 5.

Police say the body is a white male in his 20s that could be a match with LaBute, or with a few other open missing persons cases in Columbus. Police are pursuing dental records to confirm the man’s identity.

The autopsy performed earlier today did not reveal an obvious cause of death like a gunshot or a stab wound. Columbus police said further medical testing to determine other causes of death could take weeks.

The identity of the body could be released as early as tonight.

-snip
http://614now.com/2016/news/police-say-body-found-in-scioto-river-may-be-joey-labute

I do believe that trafficking is more convoluted than that.

What typically binds someone to their trafficker, or pimp, is that the pimp fulfills some need. Frequently the need is for drugs, but also simply food/shelter and protection (those who are internationally trafficked may be held by keeping their passport, or convincing them that they will be deported or worse should they leave or become known to LE). Many young women (and presumably men as well) who are trafficked not only believe that they have no other survival options, but they are frequently seduced to believe in a romantic connection with their captor.

I think it was solely because Arnold is the second worse place it happens - it started early in thread

And going sound generalxied, but my notion more in terms of the possibilty of a hate crime is one has to come to the conclusion that there were just a ton of new people in the area - and it seems somewhat logical to just conclude that there were be a greater number of homophobic folks in the area.

Who knows out of towners end up in that area , and its very gay, could trigger some issues for those that suffer with homophobia moo

I think we all suspect it's him but that's an irresponsible headline. The article itself reveals no new info and nowhere is a police contact quoted as saying it could be Joey.

I also read fully clothed. If the are saying no obvious trauma they may be good. Because then the only reason I can come up with is they found something like dna whatever, that they think may lead to the perp, which is why they are holding off - till tomm - maybe they are working somehing on the perp!

I dont think the walking at 1230, when he had people inside he was with would work. I think whatever happend at the bar was the starting point for him stepping out. By that it mean whatever the motivation for stepping out would be beleiving it would only be for a short time (maybe hit off joint/ quickie/ maybe to make a phonecall which might explain the liar stuff) all activites that one would think would only take a short time and explain why he did not tell anyone he was leaving moo

Not sure there is no obvious trauma. The officer in yesterday's interview stopped short of confirming or denying anything like bullet or knife marks.

I believe that today they said they are awaiting a forensic dental expert (? new one on me too!) to look at dental records.

The autopsy was completed today. Coroner confirmed no bullet or stab wounds.

I don't like that none of the other cases were "named", only Joey.

[video=twitter;715275967028203520]https://twitter.com/1870now/status/715275967028203520[/video]

boy was I off

thank you for this link

with a few other open missing persons cases in Columbus. Police are pursuing dental records to confirm the man’s identity.
The autopsy performed earlier today did not reveal an obvious cause of death like a gunshot or a stab wound. Columbus police said further medical testing to determine other causes of death could take weeks.
The identity of the body could be released as early as tonight.

How come in so many of these case with no overt injuries all over the country they have been quickly able to concude fell into freezing water casue of alcohol??

What is different here?

Maybe the need tox to see if his drink was laced?
, so let me see if I am following this:
-First lie about why they were in river
-then no overt truma
- then fully clothed, minimal decomp _ so you are saying you found a minimally decomposed body, no gun or knives injureiies what exactly would make a prleminary identifaction so g*d da*n hard?? But you need teeth?

Tortured? Burned? they could just say we believe that this is Joey, but we cannot confirm that this time.

-then wont address gun or knife yesterday but today say no , again --I would think that LE can determine if someone was stabbed or shot to death. None of it makes any sense

-he fumbled up on if they found an ID on the body yesterdy as well-- when a reproter asked --on the body. He refused to answer then was asked , so are you saying no ID found on body? he backtracked and said I am not saying that -- what does that mean --you cant say yes or no, but then say i am not saying we did or did not find ID on body WTH??

Pretty simple question if you ask me . Or would it indicate that they do know it was him and had some reason to keep this going on and on.

So basically we hav e LE that cant tell us one day if gun knive, then cant tell if body had ID on it come on something is really strange here

But from the begining label it as
suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members