Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering if the toxicology results or Joey's COD will ever be released to the public? IIRC, the video, tox results or a COD has not been released in Zachary Marr's case either.

I'm wondering if the toxicology results or Joey's COD will ever be released to the public? IIRC, the video, tox results or a COD has not been released in Zachary Marr's case either.

Zachary Marr's father & the police basically have said what the cause of death was (fell and hypothermia)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rd-resident/Ay8zqc4ArFpsVVjUnml74O/story.html
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/03/zachary_marrs_father_says_his.html
http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/vid...harvard-man-fell-into-boston-harbor/108515852

In Massachusetts, coroner reports may be considered private and not public info.

In Massachusetts, coroner reports may be considered private and not public info.

Hi

For Zach I looked it up, and in Mass its really like medical/mental health -- the family would have to sign a release for anyone to get it. All of us who followed Zach knew that aint happening!!

In Ohio it is considered public record . You have to fill out a form to get it.

http://coroner.franklincountyohio.gov/

But after I realized yesterday, it will never tell us vol/invol if there is anything there, so how would that answer all our questions?? I do , like most of you remain frustrated,and angry over there being NO release or update on anything.

This is exactly what happened with Zach poof-found - forgotten.

I did find it interesting that this thread just suddenly stopped. It was like collectivly, each in our way, but pretty much at the same time, realized that they are not gonna do or say anything......................IMO its wrong , but what can we do

I told myself if another SMiley deal happens I am writing Obama--ha!

Question: where are all the hundreds of missing people who went to the Arnold Classic, or the hundreds of missing locals in Columbus Ohio? For the supposed second biggest human trafficking event in the U.S. I haven't seen any missing persons in the news. Huh, that's odd *eyesroll*

Wow!! That's crazy! I think Joeys phone could hold the answer to who he was with that night that put him in the water. I'm starting to think that it was an accidental overdose that led to his death and whoever he was with freaked out and threw him in the water. Maybe they were making out and he was afraid his DNA would be found on him, or maybe the guy was married or in a relationship that he wasn't ready to give up. Getting caught with another guy that died while with you would surely get you publicly outed and definitely affect any relationship you may have had. So maybe he just dumped him to erase DNA and remove fibers. That's the only logical theory I can come up with as to why someone would just dump a body in the water. Clearly the cause of his death isn't something that could be proved as a homicide at this point. So unless someone comes forward and says they slipped a bag over his head while he was passed out, or intentionally gave him too many drugs trying to kill him, the most the perpetrator will get is "abuse of a corpse".

This thread is for Joey. Let's please stay on topic.

:tyou:

These reports can take 8 weeks to get back. I would think we would hear somehow.

Finally catching up with some of the posts here.

i knew Joey and he was a great guy. I highly doubt he would willingly do drugs. You'd have to know him. It just wasn't his thing.

second, I've seen a few post questioning human trafficking. In Joey's case, it's doubtful that traffickers took him and later killed him. Traffickers typically keep people alive as a commodity that makes them money. Yes, Columbus has the second highest trafficking event in the country with The Arnold Sports Festival. People do get taken and it usually does not hit the news as the people are homeless, runaways, and more. Unfortunately, these tend to be the people groups that are less missed in society. Human trafficking really is a huge problem.

the other thing I'd like to say is if you knew Joey, it's pretty obvious he wouldn't leave family to go hook up with someone. Just not his style.

So what in the world do you think happened to him, Cbusguy?

@MerryB: I'm just hypothesizing here, and probably blowing smoke. But the suggestion proposed by VTX88 in this thread back on 4-8, that Joey may have stepped out back of the Union to help out by removing trash, or maybe just to make a call, sticks in my mind. :( It may have simply been a wrong place, wrong time thing – Joey saw something that someone didn't want to be seen, or simply ran into someone who was serious bad news. There seems to have been poor lighting in the back/dumpster area, coupled with no cameras in that area and really bad cameras everywhere else. Or maybe what started out as Joey merely bumping into an acquaintance, perhaps being asked for help parking or doing something else that required him to leave the bar, turned into a far worse situation once they were outside. He may have seriously miscalculated that acquaintance's character. In other words, I think there was foul play involved, and it may have been for no other motive than the unknown person's desire to raise hell that night. That's a horrible observation on human depravity, but we know there are people without a conscience out there, and people with no impulse control, and people with no remorse, and people who happily exploit the trust and friendliness of others. And I can't figure out how else Joey could have wound up in that river, probably after he was already deceased, much less how he came to be deceased without a readily determined cause of death, without such a bad actor being involved.

I would like to know if his phone was on him when they found him. And of course I'd like to know how he died. Maybe he did fall in the water at that park, sat on the bank, passed out, and died of hypothermia, water rose days later just enough to pull him back in. I don't really think that's what went down but I'm trying to figure out how else he could've died if it wasn't drowning or OD on drugs or alcohol or both. I'm curious what the toxicology results will show.

I don't think he knowingly and willingly left his cousins and walked towards the river.
I am still set on CPD knowing the perp and exactly what happened to poor Joey. It just seems like that information will ever be shared with us. I am really upset that the media has been silent since the week Joey was found. I now that tox results take a pretty long time to come back, but when they do come back, are the results even going to be made public?
This case continues to be extremely unsettling to me.
There has to be a reason as to why Joey's cell records have not been shared. I know that CPD had that information probably within days of his disappearance. So, what gives?

I don't think he knowingly and willingly left his cousins and walked towards the river.
I am still set on CPD knowing the perp and exactly what happened to poor Joey. It just seems like that information will ever be shared with us. I am really upset that the media has been silent since the week Joey was found. I now that tox results take a pretty long time to come back, but when they do come back, are the results even going to be made public?
This case continues to be extremely unsettling to me.
There has to be a reason as to why Joey's cell records have not been shared. I know that CPD had that information probably within days of his disappearance. So, what gives?

I know how you feel. At the very least they should give the public some info so we know a killer isn't running loose. I just don't know why they'd be so hush-hush about it if they did have someone confess, even if it was just to confess to putting him in the water. That kind of stuff gets in the news so I can't figure out what's up. Hopefully the family will start talking to friends and word will spread on what the police actually think happened to him. Idk if toxicology reports are public. I think they are but not sure. Maybe I'll call the coroner sometime in the coming weeks and ask if it is public record. People here are saying it takes 8 weeks after autopsy to get results back. So we shall see. He had to have died of something that wasn't detectable in the autopsy though and the only things I can come up with are: hypothermia, suffocation (not strangulation), OD, dry drowning (you'll have to look that last on up for definition). The coroner didn't say it wasn't drowning, just said she's not 100% sure that he wasn't already dead prior to entering the water. So if toxicology test come back negative, she'll probably go with "undetermined" and say it was probably a drowning but not 100% positive. Could Joey swim?

The strangest part of this story is that he would just leave his friends and family alone. Most people generally don't do that. Although I have a few friends who wander away from the crowd and meet up later.

The strangest part of this story is that he would just leave his friends and family alone. Most people generally don't do that. Although I have a few friends who wander away from the crowd and meet up later.

Hey may not have intended to be gone long. Run to an ATM, meet up to say a quick "hi" to a friend...any number of reasons that someone might wander away for what is expected to be a short moment, especially in such a populate area with so many bars, restaurants, etc. nearby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back